/* */

PDA

View Full Version : QUIZ: How much SUNNAH do U KNOW?!?!?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

you see what happens when you leave us ladies unattended...ROFL ;D;D

wa alaykum ass salaam

ps: i was gonna ask you sumthing , but there's no point of askin' you what i was gonna ask , cause you know what i was gonna ask you, cause i've asked for it b4 !! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
OH YE, i'll do that now inshaAllah

::::::: HOLDING A GRUDGE :::::::

Islam teaches us to be a very forgiving nation.

Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; But turn away from the ignorant.

Al-Araf Verse 199
The Evil one threatens you with poverty and bids you to conduct unseemly. Allah promiseth you His forgiveness and bounties. And Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things.

Al-Baqara Verse 268
SubhanAllah just from this verse its clear that those who are evil will do acts which cause us to feel angered but we must not allow this anger to last!

Now for the Sunnah!

[PIE]Abu Kabsha Ameri reported that the Messenger of Allah said:
By One in whose hand there is my life there are three things had I been an oathtaker, I would have taken aoth about them :
No wealth diminishes on account of charity, and no man pardons an oppression seeking thereby the pleasure of Allah but Allah will increase honour therewith on the Resurrection day and no man opens the door of begging for himself but he opens the door of poverty for himself.

- TIRMIZI[/PIE]

:salamext: :)

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
^ Masha'allah Nice reminder of the Hadeeth!! I had totally forgotten about that Hadeeth...Jazakallah Khair

Do you care to answer my Question also? This thread doesn't seem to have many participants *sigh*

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^
And the current Question is : Mention some hadeeth in which Rasulullah prohibits us from slandering the dead
this one i cant really do off the top of my head sis, lol i will hav to study it coz im not sure....

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

MaashaALLAH Akhee jazaakallaahu kahyr , can you help me answer Sis Mawaddah's question now??
barakaAllaaahu feek

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
OH YE!!! i jus remembered this haditH!!!

Narrated Anas bin Malik, :

A funeral procession passed and the people praised the deceased. The Prophet said, "It has been affirmed to him." Then another funeral procession passed and the people spoke badly of the deceased. The Prophet said, "It has been affirmed to him". 'Umar bin Al-Khattab asked (Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) ), "What has been affirmed?" He replied, "You praised this, so Paradise has been affirmed to him; and you spoke badly of this, so Hell has been affirmed to him. You people are Allah's witnesses on earth."

its sahih bukhari :D !!!

so brothers/sisters never speak bad of the dead :(

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
^ Subhanallah!! I never knew of this hadeeth before!! I had a complete different hadeeth in my mind and it is narrated from Aisha radihallahu anha she said that Rasulullah said "Do not speak badly of the dead for verily they have already gone to meet with their Deeds"

Oh Subhanallah that's surely a hadeeth to take seriously.

So next question please?

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 05:39 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i know that hadeeth!!...hmmm...now why did'nt it spring to mind:?:?

anyways ...plz ask the next quest b4 sis maw gets back and requests for a trillion ahaadeeth:p
*QUICK*

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 05:41 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

ooooh looks like i was too late!! :hiding:

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
^
Oh Subhanallah that's surely a hadeeth to take seriously.

So next question please?
ye i studied this when ma dad passed away an jus remembered it, i had my fists out lookin arround for anyone who may be whisperin evil :rant:

NEXT QUESTION: whats the sunnah when it comes to working, what places should we avoid working and what places should we work at?

Mawaddah
^ :lol: at you Princess

Oh yeah and I also had the hadeeth in mind where Rasulullah says "Do not speak ill of the dead lest you insult the living (i.e. the living family of the dead"

NEXT QUESTION: whats the sunnah when it comes to working, what places should we avoid working and what places should we work at?

Ok let me try this question insha'allah

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
ye i studied this when ma dad passed away an jus remembered it, i had my fists out lookin arround for anyone who may be whisperin evil :rant:
ass salaamu alaykum

innaa lilaah wa innaa ilayhi raaji3uun May Allah grant our 2 fathers with paradise inshaAllah.

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raajiun, Ameen Thumma Ameen :)

muslim_friend
07-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Ameen!

Dhulqarnaeen
07-07-2006, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

BRO' DHUL...this hadeeth .."movin' the finger up and down" is da3eef min qism as-shaad!!...
shadda bihi "Zaaida Ibn Qudaama" wa khaalafa 13 min ar-ruwaah :p

but al-Albaany rahimahullah says it's saheeh!....but i go with the qawl of it being da3eef!! That's what my teachers and most of Ulamaah al-Yemen have come to a conclusion with and i agree with it too...
and the right way is to just keep your finger pointed upwards and straight, without any movement!!...i can't remember the hadeeth it's in though...if any1 can remember it than plz post it in..

wa alaykum ass salaam
:sl:
I know theres ikhtilaf about this matter sis, and the opinions of sheikh Muqbil and syaikh Albani is there masha Allah. And syaikh Muqbil said its hadith Shaad, but my teacher had explained its because the understanding of hadith between Syaikh Muqbil and syaikh Albani a little bit differents about this Hadith shaad. I mean syaikh Albani and syaikh Muqbil -rahimahumullah- have a different view about what is hadith shaad, and all suyukh in Saudi go along with syaikh Albanis opinions masha Allah walhamdulillah. Cause most of the masyhur ulama such as syaikh Uthaymeen, syaikh Bin Baz and all moving their fingers while tashahuud. But CANI tell you all that the opinion of syaikh Muqbil is wrong? NO...its free to choose wether you wanna move it or not moving it :brother: . Cause its ikhtilaf and each imam have daleel about it.
So sis amirah...you cant say "the right way"is not moving the finger, but say it " I choose" the opinion of shaikh Muqbil bin Hadee, So I think its not correct if you say its "the right way", right?
As for me, I always moving my finger, cause I remember, althought the rawi of hadith Wail bin Hujr (if Im not mistaken) is just alone narated the hadith about moving the finger, still syaikh said " no one said the rawi is dhaif". So...isnt it that we have to bring hadith thats the meaning still mujmal to hadith that means khusus? :rollseyes So...they said the hadith about Rasulullah didnt move his finger is hadith thats still Amm, and the hadith about moving the finger is hadith thats khusus (more specific)...Allahu A'lam. And I think syaikh Albani is more 'alim and masyhur in hadiths knowledge Allahu A'lam.
So we are free to choose what to do, wether moving it or not moving it :brother: . Its ikhtilaf insha Allah.

umm-sulaim
07-07-2006, 08:54 AM
For amira and mawaddah, ask sue you say lol, i was racking my brains all yesterday lol! i think it was amthilat gutrub yeah?
The first bayt is:
Yaa mawli3an bil ghadhabi wal hajr wattajanubi
something something gad barra7 bee...
not much but i hope it rings something.

amirah_87
07-07-2006, 09:43 PM
ass salaamu alaykum Big Sis,

LOOOOL!!!....yeah sis thanks i was rackin' away too!!

yeah it goes...ya mawli3an bilqadabi ...wal hajri wattajjannubi

hajruka qad brraha bi..... fi jeddihi walla3ibi!!

your a joker big sis
something something gad barra7 bee...
;D

thanks anyways it's all kinda cum back..barakAllahu feek!!

amirah_87
07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
I know theres ikhtilaf about this matter sis, and the opinions of sheikh Muqbil and syaikh Albani is there masha Allah. And syaikh Muqbil said its hadith Shaad, but my teacher had explained its because the understanding of hadith between Syaikh Muqbil and syaikh Albani a little bit differents about this Hadith shaad. I mean syaikh Albani and syaikh Muqbil -rahimahumullah- have a different view about what is hadith shaad, and all suyukh in Saudi go along with syaikh Albanis opinions masha Allah walhamdulillah. Cause most of the masyhur ulama such as syaikh Uthaymeen, syaikh Bin Baz and all moving their fingers while tashahuud. But CANI tell you all that the opinion of syaikh Muqbil is wrong? NO...its free to choose wether you wanna move it or not moving it :brother: . Cause its ikhtilaf and each imam have daleel about it.
So sis amirah...you cant say "the right way"is not moving the finger, but say it " I choose" the opinion of shaikh Muqbil bin Hadee, So I think its not correct if you say its "the right way", right?
As for me, I always moving my finger, cause I remember, althought the rawi of hadith Wail bin Hujr (if Im not mistaken) is just alone narated the hadith about moving the finger, still syaikh said " no one said the rawi is dhaif". So...isnt it that we have to bring hadith thats the meaning still mujmal to hadith that means khusus? :rollseyes So...they said the hadith about Rasulullah didnt move his finger is hadith thats still Amm, and the hadith about moving the finger is hadith thats khusus (more specific)...Allahu A'lam. And I think syaikh Albani is more 'alim and masyhur in hadiths knowledge Allahu A'lam.
So we are free to choose what to do, wether moving it or not moving it :brother: . Its ikhtilaf insha Allah.
ass salaamu alaykum,

alladee yadhar wallaahu a3lam anna zaaidah khalaafa 13 min ar-ruwaa...fabiyya qawlin sata'kuhd akhee!!...qawl rajulun waaahid ...am qawl 13 rijaal...fakkir 3an haada inshaAllah!!! :)
wallaahu A3lam!!

amirah_87
07-07-2006, 09:48 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

this is the next question ..but i can't think of an answer!!!....

i know that there should'nt be any free-mixing, and your not allwoed to sell stuff like alcohol or that contain alcohol....
that's about it really!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:04 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

this is the next question ..but i can't think of an answer!!!....

i know that there should'nt be any free-mixing, and your not allwoed to sell stuff like alcohol or that contain alcohol....
that's about it really!!
hmm, i can attempt to answer it again, but first i gotta look at the prohibitions of free-mixing, ettiquette, business etc. i was hopin someone else could coz i wanna ensure my work is completely halal :embarrass

amirah_87
07-07-2006, 10:18 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i'll try to do sum research on it inshaAllah ...and we'll see what the other Bro's and Sis's cum up with inshaAllah....:)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:19 PM
ok inshaAllah even though everyone seems to ignore this thread :uhwhat

amirah_87
07-07-2006, 10:23 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

LOOL!^^^^ i know what you mean :heated: there seems to be like only 4 of us all together who are currently active on it!!!!...

Dhulqarnaeen
07-09-2006, 02:27 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

alladee yadhar wallaahu a3lam anna zaaidah khalaafa 13 min ar-ruwaa...fabiyya qawlin sata'kuhd akhee!!...qawl rajulun waaahid ...am qawl 13 rijaal...fakkir 3an haada inshaAllah!!! :)
wallaahu A3lam!!
Mmmm....excuse me...what is that suppose to mean? not fair, I cant understand arabic..masha Allah.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-09-2006, 02:33 PM
OH YE!!! i jus remembered this haditH!!!

Narrated Anas bin Malik, :

A funeral procession passed and the people praised the deceased. The Prophet said, "It has been affirmed to him." Then another funeral procession passed and the people spoke badly of the deceased. The Prophet said, "It has been affirmed to him". 'Umar bin Al-Khattab asked (Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) ), "What has been affirmed?" He replied, "You praised this, so Paradise has been affirmed to him; and you spoke badly of this, so Hell has been affirmed to him. You people are Allah's witnesses on earth."

its sahih bukhari :D !!!

so brothers/sisters never speak bad of the dead :(

I ever heard this hadith, and also narated from Umar bin Khattab that he heard someone talk about a mayit and he said "amin". But bro Abd Madjid, its not certainly that if a mayit pass in front of us and then theres someone talk bad about them, then thats certainly what will happen to him. Lets say one time theres a good man with sahih aqidah, and then he dead, and then theres his enemy (lets say ahlul bid'ah) said..."this man will go to hell"...and what do U think, will he go to hell? :X
Maybe theres explanation about this insha Allah, but maybe theres condition that someones words will really happen to the mayit...Allahu A'lam.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I ever heard this hadith, and also narated from Umar bin Khattab that he heard someone talk about a mayit and he said "amin". But bro Abd Madjid, its not certainly that if a mayit pass in front of us and then theres someone talk bad about them, then thats certainly what will happen to him. Lets say one time theres a good man with sahih aqidah, and then he dead, and then theres his enemy (lets say ahlul bid'ah) said..."this man will go to hell"...and what do U think, will he go to hell? :X
Maybe theres explanation about this insha Allah, but maybe theres condition that someones words will really happen to the mayit...Allahu A'lam.
no brother, the words have to contain truth :), of course a lie of the man will not cause the dead man suffering. The backbiter must hav valid reason i guess, Allahu Allam. Personally i wouldnt even backbite my worst enemy when his dead... his suffering will be enuff...

Dhulqarnaeen
07-09-2006, 02:51 PM
^ :lol: at you Princess

Oh yeah and I also had the hadeeth in mind where Rasulullah says "Do not speak ill of the dead lest you insult the living (i.e. the living family of the dead"

Ok let me try this question insha'allah

1. May not mixing.
2. Low your gaze if mixing ;D ...nono...lowing our gaze all the time.
3. Work hard with your heart, and have spirit in everything you do. Cause muslims must have high spirit of working. Cause by working he can efford his family and all.
ups..this internet rental will close..I have to go.
By the way theres ikhtilaf about the alcohol...gotta go. Im in out of town now. Assalamualaikum

amirah_87
07-09-2006, 06:23 PM

1. May not mixing.
2. Low your gaze if mixing ;D ...nono...lowing our gaze all the time.
3. Work hard with your heart, and have spirit in everything you do. Cause muslims must have high spirit of working. Cause by working he can efford his family and all.
ups..this internet rental will close..I have to go.
By the way theres ikhtilaf about the alcohol...gotta go. Im in out of town now. Assalamualaikum
ass salaamu alaykum

ikhtilaaf bout alcohol...really:?:?...i thought the hadeeth was pretty straight forward!!!...
plz fill us in on this inshaAllah

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Mmmm....excuse me...what is that suppose to mean? not fair, I cant understand arabic..masha Allah.
Ass salaamu alaykum

Oh sorry, i thought you understoood arabic!!! :hiding:

wa aalykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
plz feel us in on this inshaAllah
**Fill** us in, no feeling please, lets avoid all feeling inshaAllah :)

amirah_87
ass sa;laamu alaykum

hey heeeey!!...i just edited that!! ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Ass salaamu alaykum

Oh sorry, i thought you understoood arabic!!! :hiding:

wa aalykum ass salaam
did u also think i understood arabic? :rant:

amirah_87
07-09-2006, 06:27 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i'm sorry, i got fix up on that i know!!!.....sis Mawaddah's always shoutin' at me for that!!....:heated:
it's just that when it comes to the deen and stuff , i express myself better in arabic!!...
you know abit of arabic though, innit akhee!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
lol tiny tiny bit but no one answered my question in the other thread lol, whats silsilatun :? i said some sort of chain :embarrass

amirah_87
07-09-2006, 06:31 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah .... i posted that1 up right!!!...yeah you're right!!...lemme go there now inshaAllah!!!....*just came on you see* :)

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 04:26 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

akhee, i'm sorry seeming as no-one else is bothered to answer your question ..it's gonna take me a while to do sum reasearch on it inshaAllah ..*i have'nt started yet either*..3afwan!

if you could post up another question just to keep this dead place running and b4 the mods also cut off the life support machine cause there's no beat would be great inshaAllah!!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 05:44 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

akhee, i'm sorry seeming as no-one else is bothered to answer your question ..it's gonna take me a while to do sum reasearch on it inshaAllah ..*i have'nt started yet either*..3afwan!

if you could post up another question just to keep this dead place running and b4 the mods also cut off the life support machine cause there's no beat would be great inshaAllah!!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

ass salaamu alaykum...

BRO ^^^ you might not have seen this b4...so i'm gonna re-quote myself!!

wa alaykum ass salaam :peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 06:02 PM
lol sis!! Dhul-Qarnaeen answered me lol but he didnt give daleel but he was correct and i have enuff knowledge to confirm that Alhamdullilah.

Can you give the next question please inshaAllah, make me research for it lol ;D

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

OH ok then i thought you might've wanted more than that!!....

ok here's the next question:

ABOUT MEDICINE:

Did the Prophet salaalaahu 3alayhi wasallam advise his ppl to cure themselves from their sicknesses...or did he tell them not to and have complete faith in Allah!!?
Give me the Daleel for your answer aswell plz!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 06:24 PM
ok sis im gonna get off now k but im gnna prepare for this question and spend time on it inshaAllah. lol expect an answer after maghrib inshaAllah

:salamext: :)

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 06:26 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOL!....that's ok InshaAllah!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Asalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Medicine

A illness/disease is given to purge sins or to test people, therefore some people refuse to take medecine thinking its within Gods will and his nature, is this correct?

(This was Our) way with the messengers We sent before thee: thou wilt find no change in Our ways

You see when one gets hungry they must take the medecine of food, when thirsty the medecine of water must be taken, and the same goes for when one is bitten by a poisoness snake he must take the correct medecine to counter it. Even the one who wants to completely rely on Allahs help cannot live without food and drink.

Abu Hurairah Reported that the Messenger of Allah said: Allah sent no disease for which He sent no cure
- Sahih Bukhari

^ This shows that there is a CURE (Medecine, method) to prevent each and every disease. SO THERE IS A CURE FOR CANCER! But they must be taken! You cant leave a camel untied rely on Allah and expect it to remain there!

Best Forms of Treatment

Hizamat - Cupping.
Lodud - A medicine Used through the mouth
Saut - A medicine used through the nose
Mash'ye - A medecine for purgegation of Bowels

Unlawful forms of Treatment

The following is unlawful even for medicinal purposes:

Filth
Semen of Men
Stool
Urine

Unlawful animals such as swines and unlawful things such as wine are lawful however when your life depends on it.

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Next QuestioN: Whats the sunnah regarding Waleemah?

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 10:03 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

Ooooh Waleemahs...

ok is waajib becausenarrated Anas bin Malik that the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wasallam said: awlim wa law bi shaa'..give a banquet/walimah even if it is with only one sheep..* Bukhari & Muslim*

and there's also ahaadeeth sayin ..for a girl there should be one sheep/goat..etc, and for a boy two..but i can't remember the hadeeth.

it is also obligitory for a person to attend the walimah if he's invited :
narrated abu hurairah radiyalaahu 3anhu that the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wassallam said:
If anyone is invited to a walimah ..he shall attend it...*muslim*

that's all i got!! inshaAllah!! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
it is also obligitory for a person to attend the walimah if he's invited :
narrated abu hurairah radiyalaahu 3anhu that the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wassallam said:
If anyone is invited to a walimah ..he shall attend it...*muslim*

^^ Lol wen i heard this one i immediately told my cousin, and he punched me. I asked why, and he said, "NOW I HAVE NO EXCUSE TO MISS A WEDDING" LOOOOL!!! ;D ;D ;D

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Yeah!!...i luv walimah's though :wub: all that nice food! ...who's crazy enough to miss it!!!.... ;D

Ok next question is : Do you know the full name's of imaam Muslim and Bukhari, along with there kunya's!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
lol i dont know it, i can find out though :embarrass but seeing as i dont know, i'll let someone else answer :)

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

the thing is ahkee WHO ELSE IS GONNA ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D;D

find out go ahead!! :happy:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
no i would rather make you wish you never asked that question ;D ;D ;D

no seriously though. i gotta go pray isha, i'll answer it if i dont forget later inshaAllah (what are the chances of me remembering again ;D)

amirah_87
07-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOL!!.SUBHAANALLAH

that question was always asked by me by teachers i know them like the back of my hand akhee..those two and Malik ..ahmed tirmidhi..."AIMMATUL HADEETH"...or they call them "ashaab al-kutb as-sitta!!"

Anyways ,Go pray inshaAllah No Probs....just don't forget to answer when ever you find the answer!! :heated:

...............:peace:

umm-sulaim
07-11-2006, 06:35 AM
LOl ok i'll let bro Abd'majid answer this....

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Sorry Peeps!!!!!! I was away from this thread for so long and look how much you guys went~!!! I bet you didn't even miss me either did you Princess?????? [MAD] HOW DARE YOU!! [/MAD]

Ok so I'm gonna get cracking!! By the way, Sheikh Bukhari and Muslim dont have anything to do with Sunnah do they? :? And I'm so bad at names too :(

Well I know that Sheikh Bukhari was Muhammad ibn Ismaa'eel.......what about Muslim?...hmmm.... was he Taqiyuddeen??

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Anyways I''ll post up another Question ok!! this poor poor thread, why arent' there more participants? *sobs* Ok next quest!!

Give me Daleels on how we are to treat Guests!! :)

:w:

umm-sulaim
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
wa 3alayki salaam sis,
Looooooool ya bint wallah innish mudhikkah!
Al-bukharee is muhammed bin ismaa3eel abu 3abdillah
muslim is muslim ibn 7ajjaaj al gushayree annaysaaburee abul 7ussein

Mawaddah course they got something to do with sunnah, the mualiffeen of asa7 kitaab after kitaabullah, the collectors of ahadeeth sunnat nabee lol!

Ok ahadeeth on guests and how to treat them,
ok hadeeth man kaana yu'min billahi wal yawmil aakhir falyukrim dhayfah, agreed upon. 3an abee huraira me thinks, plz break it to me gently lol !
so we have to honour them.
giving them the best food you have , the best bedding, etc is honouring them.
Hadeeth jaabir rdadhiyaAllahu 3nhu, when the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalam came to his home with as7aab khandag and they needed food, they gave the only food they had left. muslim
so lets not be stingy.
Umm....
Also we did in daraaree that the guests honouring is for 3 days, after that his treated equally, i'll get you the daleel on that, i haven't memorised that hadeeth.
ok i'll get back to you on anymore. wassalaam.

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 01:27 PM
^ Ahsanteeee Ya la33aabah!! Wa ana sa aqul laki kama kuntu aqul li ukhtuki [MAD]HAL NASEETI ANNAL AAKHAROON LA YAFHAMOON AL 3ARABEE!!![/MAD]

:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Yallah Jeebi at Tarjamah lil ahaadeeth fil Injilizee

Mawaddah course they got something to do with sunnah, the mualiffeen of asa7 kitaab after kitaabullah, the collectors of ahadeeth sunnat nabee lol!
Yeah of course I know thaaaaat Masha'allah wa lakin this thread is about Sunnah as in "practises of Nabi" Ya know......not about names!!

And besides names wouldn't be fair to me coz I suck at them :( :'(

J/K :p

Oh Ya.......and Yaaaa UKhti al kareemah.......Shareekii fi ad 'diet plan' ;D YOu get to post the next question....YALLAH!! ;D

umm-sulaim
07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
loooooooool
i'm sorry your right hehe!
i will translate the hadeeth
"man kaana yu'min billaahi wal yawmil aakhir falyukrim dhayfah"
whoever beleives in Allah and the last day, then he honours his guest.

pardon me for not translating earlier and thanks for the reminder sis mawadah,
as for the names well girl, its high time we did revision on that lol!
actually i should do a thread on it hmmmm.........lol
I know its on practices of the sunnah and that, lol, i love the names though lol!
Thx anyhow.

umm-sulaim
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Lol amma ad-diet plan ya ukhtee al faadhila fa wallah asba7tu la33aabah!
sa3ideenee ya 3azeezati! Allahu ya3lam annee mu7taajah lol!
ok next question,
mention ahadeeth that tells us how to treat our guests. (dunno if its been asked pardon me if it has)

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
^ LOOOOOOOOL OH MY DAYS !!!!! ;D ;D ;D what do you mean you dont know if that question has been mentioned ya 3AJUUZAH!!! ;D ;D That's the question you just answereeeeeed!!!! ;D ;D Oh Allah i'm cracking up

Ok NEXT QUEST Please :p

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
^ LOOOOOOOOL OH MY DAYS !!!!! ;D ;D ;D what do you mean you dont know if that question has been mentioned ya 3AJUUZAH!!! ;D ;D That's the question you just answereeeeeed!!!! ;D ;D Oh Allah i'm cracking up

Ok NEXT QUEST Please :p

LOOOL I WAS THINKING THE SAME ;D ;D ;D

you give the next question sis umm_sulaiman inshaAllah

umm-sulaim
07-11-2006, 02:19 PM
loooooooooool Allahul musta3aan oh right i meant to say how to treat our neighbours, i'm so sorry lol!
you see sis maw you got me tyoin so fast i don't know what i'm saying looooooooooool!
ya ukht wallah adhaktinee sidq, asba7tu 3ajuuza katheeratu nisyaan lol

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 02:22 PM
the prophet saws taught us to not even with-hold a mustard seed when it comes to giving a gift because its the thought that counts (this is to neighbours) - this hadith is agreed upon.

Im sry but thats the only hadith i can get from the top of my head :heated:

amirah_87
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
ASS SALAAMU ALAYKUM

OH MYYYYYYY WHO ARE THOSE TWO PPL I SEE ON HEAR!!...WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOIN' HERE!!! HUH:?:?
GET THE ...... OUTTA HERE!!!

Sorry Peeps!!!!!! I was away from this thread for so long and look how much you guys went~!!! I bet you didn't even miss me either did you Princess?????? HOW DARE YOU!!
OH YEAH SIS YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!.....:p

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 02:31 PM
loooooooooool Allahul musta3aan oh right i meant to say how to treat our neighbours, i'm so sorry lol!
you see sis maw you got me tyoin so fast i don't know what i'm saying looooooooooool!
ya ukht wallah adhaktinee sidq, asba7tu 3ajuuza katheeratu nisyaan lol
Oh my dear dear Saahibah.......dont rush yourself typing.......the keyboard will be waiting for you always :p

Ok how to treat your neighbours!!

First of all we have to know that neighbours are to be treated well and carefully in Islaam. Rasulullah said "Jibreel always used to advised me concerning the neighbours until I thought that he would make the neighbours into heirs"

Abi Hurairah reported that Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said "Verily he does not beleive, Verily he does not beleive, Verily he does not beleive" The Companions asked "Who is he O Rasulullah?" So He replied " He whose neighbour is not safe from his harming him!!" (Bukhari Muslim)

Rasulullah also said " One of you should not prevent his neighbour from gouging a wood in his wall" i.e if your neighbour wants to put a wood support into your wall for his house, we should not prevent him!! Subhanallah!1 people these days would literally bash you over the head if you did that!! :(

Rasulullah said "The Best of companions in Allahs sight are the ones who treat their companions well, and The best of neighbours in Allahs sight are those who treat their neighbours well"

Abu Dharr said "Rasulullah advised me once with this advice,He said ' O Abu Dharr!! If you cook a gravy, then make extra of it and give a good amount of it to your neighbours"

Next Question!!

What is the Sunnah when announcing Deaths??

Baarakallah Feenaa Wa Feekum Wa ja3alana min assaalihiin Ameeeeen.
(May Allah shower his barakah upon all of us and make us from the pious Amin)

P.S. I"m adding Wahdeee hadhihil Qillat adab allatii ismaha Amirah!! :'( :'(

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 02:33 PM
ASS SALAAMU ALAYKUM

OH MYYYYYYY WHO ARE THOSE TWO PPL I SEE ON HEAR!!...WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOIN' HERE!!! HUH:?:?
GET THE ...... OUTTA HERE!!!

OH YEAH SIS YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!.....:p
Ya Gillat Adab!!! :eek: you haven't seen me for three days and then you ask me to leave!!!:grumbling :grumbling Well KEEP ON WISHIN!!!! :p :p :p

amirah_87
07-11-2006, 02:35 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

ya rabb...you don't won't me to make duaah against you or give you my eye!!
ask big sis what happened to the last person my eye fell on!!!....:p

you better not slack ya la33aabah.......;D;D

anyways no convo's in arabic otherwise i'm gonna have to bounce you off my thread inshaAllah!!!....:D:D

so...what's the question!!

umm-sulaim
07-11-2006, 02:38 PM
LOL nicely said ukhti, innaha gillat adab , wa ma ta7tarim ukhtuhaa alkabeera! tarayn al'aan, ! ukti mu7taaja ila duruus 3anil adab! hehe
hey amira laaa tabkee fa innahul haqq lol!
see you ladies later, my break is over wassalaam.

amirah_87
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM
wa alaykum ass salaam big sis!!

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 02:42 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

ya rabb...you don't won't me to make duaah against you or give you my eye!!
ask big sis what happened to the last person my eye fell on!!!....:p

you better not slack ya la33aabah.......;D;D

anyways no convo's in arabic otherwise i'm gonna have to bounce you off my thread inshaAllah!!!....:D:D

so...what's the question!!
Wot happened to that person? :eek:

And EXCUSE ME!!! YOUR THREAD!!! Girl you are getting too big for your pants!!!:rant: :rant: Since when did this become your thread??

SO!!

Any funny business from you and YOU'RE gonna get kicked offa the thread Habibit!!:mad:
And I really dont want to do that, because Allah knows, you are the one most in need of it!! ;D ;D

Ok get back on topic and answer my Question please!!!

What is the Sunnah in announcing the Death of a person??

amirah_87
07-11-2006, 02:49 PM
ass salaamu aalykum,

And EXCUSE ME!!! YOUR THREAD!!! Girl you are getting too big for your pants!!! This thread was officially entrusted to MOI to moderate!!! by the maker of the thread!! *ehem ehem*
ass salaamu alaykum

Poor owner of the thread does'nt know what they got themselves into ;D;D;D

Any funny business from you and YOU'RE gonna get kicked offa the thread Habibit!!
And I really dont want to do that, because Allah knows, you are the one most in need of it!!
Now you wacth your mouth and respect your eldest!!! :p ;D;D

LOOOOL!!....

lemme get back on topic inshaAllah :

What is the Sunnah in announcing the Death of a person??

ok i'm gonna check up on this okay...i remember that the an-niyaaha was manhiyyun 3anhu/prohibited...or sumthing along those lines!!!

wa alykum ass salaam Maw!! :peace:

amirah_87
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

what do you mean announcing!!:?:?, like in what manner it should be done ya ukhti!!! :)

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 03:35 PM
^ Yes......the announcement, how should it be done?

msrebgui
07-11-2006, 03:38 PM
We don't know if our ablution is accepted or not, so there is no perfect ablution. May Allah(Swt) make us all steadfast in our Deen Ameen

amirah_87
07-11-2006, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by msrebgui
We don't know if our ablution is accepted or not, so there is no perfect ablution. May Allah(Swt) make us all steadfast in our Deen Ameen
ass salaamu laykum,,,,

Hmmmm... :?:?

what is it your refering to Sis???

Dhulqarnaeen
07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
You're definitely wrong about the 1/3 hadeeth Bro DhulQarnaen!! That's a Saheeh hadeeth Barakallahu Feek and it was not made up by some Awwam people just to include into their method of eating. Look at the hadeeth here :) :

Rasulullah said: “The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi , Ibn Maajah ,classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah
Assalamu'alaikum
Masha'allah it looks like I made a mistake then.....I had probably intended to say another hadeeth. I take back my previous words about this hadeeth being Dha'eef.....jazakillah khair Ukhti Mawaddah :)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2006, 06:02 PM
^ lol i love this brother but

[S]QUESTION???[/S]

Mawaddah
07-11-2006, 07:18 PM
^ Brother My previous Question Hadn't been answered as yet............

It was :

How should we announce the Death of a Person?

umm-sulaim
07-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok mawaddah i don't have much but i remebered hadeeth umm sulaim radhiyaallahu anhaa , that when her son died, she didn't tell Abu Talha until after he rested and was feeling good. al hadeeth is in bukharee and muslim.
I'll be back for more answers later inshaAllah, wassalaam.

amirah_87
07-11-2006, 09:49 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

yeah , i also remeber that hadeeth and it's the only one i can think of @ the Mo' please do excuse us for the late reply ukhti...but i think you got us on this one :)

wa alaykum ass salaam

SalafiFemaleJih
07-12-2006, 01:27 AM
You are not suppose to announce the death of a person because its an invitation to mourning. So Prophet Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him forbade it from doing so.

Correct me If I'm wrong.

Its a hadith of trimidhi.

and yeah the hadith of Abu talah If you are asking how we should give out the sad news.

umm-sulaim
07-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Also hadeeth when annajaashee king of abyssinia/ethiopia died radhiyaAllahu 3anhuu, the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam was saddened and told the companions and he asked them to pray for him. al hadeeth is in the sa7eehayn.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-12-2006, 10:56 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

ikhtilaaf bout alcohol...really:?:?...i thought the hadeeth was pretty straight forward!!!...
plz fill us in on this inshaAllah

wa alaykum ass salaam
Huuff...finally I can log in a bit in the board, Im out of town and I miss this thread, masha Allah ;D . And alhamdulillah you all keeping this thread alive masha Allah, jazakumullah khair. We must keep it alive and welcome EVERY new person who log in this thread so they will stay longer insha Allah. Sometimes a muslim just dnont know what things that can bring them manfaat :rollseyes wallahul mustaan.
And...about alcohol, mmmm I think theres no hadith said the word "alcohol" :X but its included khamr right. But what I meants is, if we sell alcohol for example cleaning the doctors stuff, or cleaning the hijamah tools, or maybe perfume with alcohol, its allowed right?
But the last thing about alcoholic perfume is ikhtilaf, theres some ulama said its haram but some of it says its halal. The one who said haram cause the zat is haram and its included khamr right. So if its haram in big quantity then its also haram even in a little tiny quantity. And its the opinion of some shuyukh in Saudi such as Syaikh Al Fawzan, Al jibreen, etc. And syaikh Albani have a different opinion and he also have a strong hujjah. Cause theres hadith when the ayah about khamr is haram, then all the companions threw all the khamr to the street and it made the streets of madinah all wet. But they didnt change their clothes which had khamr on it. And it showed the khamr althought its haram but the zat isnt najiis. So its ok if we wear alcoholic perfume. But my self choose to be carefull about this matter. If we can find a non alcoholic perfume then its the best leave the alcoholic perfume. And thats what I do alhamdulillah.
But what I confuce is, why my friends in ta'lim just sold arabic non alcoholic perfume yee? :rollseyes Such as subh malaaikah (they got this name for perfume you know ;D ), and then kastoory etc. I just like a soft fresh perfume, and I dont like the strong one. And I like perfume as clinique for men, or hugo boss, but non alcoholic. Ups...Im outta topic :offended:
And of course women may not to wear perfume except for their husbands :) . Please correct me if Im wrong

Dhulqarnaeen
07-12-2006, 11:22 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

OH ok then i thought you might've wanted more than that!!....

ok here's the next question:

ABOUT MEDICINE:

Did the Prophet salaalaahu 3alayhi wasallam advise his ppl to cure themselves from their sicknesses...or did he tell them not to and have complete faith in Allah!!?
Give me the Daleel for your answer aswell plz!
Did he? All I know is Rasulullah encourage us to ruqyah our self, but its about ruqyah. But about curing disease? Mmm :rollseyes Please show me dalil about this insha Allah.
Ooh..ooh...yes theres hadith about DU'A to cure our self :hmm: but I forgot. Maybe sis maw can help insha Allah. I know theres hadith about du'a to cure our self, and also theres sunnah about du'a if we visit our brothers who are sick and we say the du'a to cure them bi idhnillah.
And of course everything tahts SUNNAH must be number one, so we try to say du'a first to our self and tawakal ilallah. But while waiting its ok to do another ikhtiyar (actually its important and its the best), such as doing sunnah healing with hijamah, drink bees honey, zam zam etc. And we may go to doctor too and then tawakal. But when I have disease, light or hard one, I will just use sunnah insha Allah and leave things from those doctors :X . I just hate chemicals stuffs.
PS...I saw sis Amirah call Umm_sulaim big sis, is he really big sis or shes another gang members from your group? :rollseyes . You have sis Maw, sis whoo??? gawal? and now sis Umm Sulaim. Sorry..just wondering +o(

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Bro i already answered this question lol

================================================== ===============

Asalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Next QuestioN: Whats the sunnah regarding Waleemah?

Helena
07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
the sunnah regarding waleema...i try anyway inshalah...

A day or so after the newly-weds meet for the first time, to invite one's friends, relatives, family and the poor for the walimah is sunnah. It is not necessary to prepare a great amount of food. A little food prep according to ones means to feed a few realtives or friends will suffice in fulifilling the sunnah.

The worst feeding is tha walimah where only the rich are invited and the poor are left out. (bukhari)

When hosting a walimah make the intention of fulfilling the full sunnah, by inviting the poor, destitute and the pious. One may invite te rich also, while ensuring that the poor are not left out.

There is no reward for that walimah which is hosted for show or to ompress people. Instead, it is feared that such a walimah will invite the wrath and displeasure of Allah(swt)....

okay next question..mayb answered..am not sure...

sunnah when a child is born and raised?

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Did he? All I know is Rasulullah encourage us to ruqyah our self, but its about ruqyah. But about curing disease? Mmm :rollseyes Please show me dalil about this insha Allah.
Ooh..ooh...yes theres hadith about DU'A to cure our self :hmm: but I forgot. Maybe sis maw can help insha Allah. I know theres hadith about du'a to cure our self, and also theres sunnah about du'a if we visit our brothers who are sick and we say the du'a to cure them bi idhnillah.
And of course everything tahts SUNNAH must be number one, so we try to say du'a first to our self and tawakal ilallah. But while waiting its ok to do another ikhtiyar (actually its important and its the best), such as doing sunnah healing with hijamah, drink bees honey, zam zam etc. And we may go to doctor too and then tawakal. But when I have disease, light or hard one, I will just use sunnah insha Allah and leave things from those doctors :X . I just hate chemicals stuffs.
PS...I saw sis Amirah call Umm_sulaim big sis, is he really big sis or shes another gang members from your group? :rollseyes . You have sis Maw, sis whoo??? gawal? and now sis Umm Sulaim. Sorry..just wondering +o(

ass salaamu alaykum,

Na3am Akhee the prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wassallam did advise us to cure our selves...it was narrated that the prophet salalaaahu 3alyhi wassalaam said :"tadaawuu ya 3ibaadallaah, tadaawuuu!!"...treat (yourselves with medicine) O' slaves of Allah, Treat yourselves!!
but the best cure of All is those from the Quraan and sunnah...
Also the Quraan itself is a cure (not only for those who are possesed),
Allaahu subhaanau wa ta3alaa said in statement of the Quraan "wa shifaa'un limaa fii as-sudur..."
wallaahu a3lam!!! :peace:

LOL!! :giggling: Allahu Musta3an!...gang member!!
Umm Sulaim ...yes she's my big sister, and my other freind you tried to name was "Nawaal"!!....hafidahunnalllah....and you know Maw!!:happy: :happy:

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Huuff...finally I can log in a bit in the board, Im out of town and I miss this thread, masha Allah ;D . And alhamdulillah you all keeping this thread alive masha Allah, jazakumullah khair. We must keep it alive and welcome EVERY new person who log in this thread so they will stay longer insha Allah. Sometimes a muslim just dnont know what things that can bring them manfaat :rollseyes wallahul mustaan.
And...about alcohol, mmmm I think theres no hadith said the word "alcohol" :X but its included khamr right. But what I meants is, if we sell alcohol for example cleaning the doctors stuff, or cleaning the hijamah tools, or maybe perfume with alcohol, its allowed right?
But the last thing about alcoholic perfume is ikhtilaf, theres some ulama said its haram but some of it says its halal. The one who said haram cause the zat is haram and its included khamr right. So if its haram in big quantity then its also haram even in a little tiny quantity. And its the opinion of some shuyukh in Saudi such as Syaikh Al Fawzan, Al jibreen, etc. And syaikh Albani have a different opinion and he also have a strong hujjah. Cause theres hadith when the ayah about khamr is haram, then all the companions threw all the khamr to the street and it made the streets of madinah all wet. But they didnt change their clothes which had khamr on it. And it showed the khamr althought its haram but the zat isnt najiis. So its ok if we wear alcoholic perfume. But my self choose to be carefull about this matter. If we can find a non alcoholic perfume then its the best leave the alcoholic perfume. And thats what I do alhamdulillah.
But what I confuce is, why my friends in ta'lim just sold arabic non alcoholic perfume yee? :rollseyes Such as subh malaaikah (they got this name for perfume you know ;D ), and then kastoory etc. I just like a soft fresh perfume, and I dont like the strong one. And I like perfume as clinique for men, or hugo boss, but non alcoholic. Ups...Im outta topic :offended:
And of course women may not to wear perfume except for their husbands :) . Please correct me if Im wrong

ass salaamu alaykum...

jazaakallaahu khayran akhee!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

ass salaamu alaykum

THAT^^^^ is the next question ppl!!..:peace:

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
*sniff* yet again my question has been left only half answered :( *SOB* :'(

So here is the complete answer peoplessssssss, when we learn Islam we want it to be complete so we are not left with any questions right :)

So announcing the death of a person is called Na3i نعي and it's General ruling in Islaam is that it is allowed and also Mustahabb and we derive these from Hadeeth such as the Hadeeth of the Najaashi, when he passed away Rasululllah announced his death amongst the Companions and asked them to pray on him.
And also the hadeeth of the Black woman who used to clean the Masjid. When she passed away Rasulullah said "Why did you not let me know?"
So from these Ahadeeth it's concluded that it is allowed to announce the Death of a person in order that people will know about his death and thus come and pray for him.

BUT

There is also a type of Na'i which was forbidden and this is the type of Na'i of the people of Jaahiliyyah and that is when they would announce the death of a person with loud wailing and lamenting and crying. There is a hadeeth reported from Hudhaifah ibn al Yaman who said "When I die, do not announce it, for I fear that that will be a death announcement, and I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbidding death announcements"Sheikh Albani classified this Hadeeth as Hasan
The Ulama said that the type of death announcement in this hadeeth is the way the People of Ignorance used to do it.

Wallahu A3lam Bissawaab :)

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:28 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i'm so sorry Maw sory sis!

i knew the ruling and everything, bt i did'nt have any ahaadeeth to back it!!:(

and the forbidden na3iy is called "an-niyaaha"...right?

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 12:34 PM
What do you mean when the child is raised? :?

However right when the child is born then the Sunnah is to do Tahneek

In the Hadeeth of Abu Talhah, when he had a baby he brought the child to Rasulullah and Rasulullah chewed on a piece of date and placed it in the baby's mouth and then named him Abdullah.

And then after 7 days it's the Aqeeqah and the naming of the child and also the shaving of the hair. Then silver the weight of the hair shaved should be given in charity.....

Ali ibn Abi Taalib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) slaughtered a sheep as the ‘aqeeqah for al-Hasan, and he said, “O Faatimah, shave his head and give the weight of his hair in silver in charity.” So she weighed it and its weight was a dirham or part of a dirham.
Sheikh Albani classifies this hadeeth as Hasan

Ok so next Question!!

Give me some Hadeeth about the Sunnah's of Eid day :)

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 12:36 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i'm so sorry Maw sory sis!

i knew the ruling and everything, bt i did'nt have any ahaadeeth to back it!!:(

and the forbidden na3iy is called "an-niyaaha"...right?
are you sure it's called Niyaahah Princess? :? I thought Niyaahah just meant wailing and stuff.....you know....crying and screaming and all of that.
It isn't announcing of the dead is it? :?

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah;396996
And then after 7 days it's the Aqeeqah and the naming of the child and also the shaving of the hair. Then silver the weight of the hair shaved should be given in charity.....

Ali ibn Abi Taalib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) slaughtered a sheep as the ‘aqeeqah for al-Hasan, and he said, [B
“O Faatimah, shave his head and give the weight of his hair in silver in charity.”[/B] So she weighed it and its weight was a dirham or part of a dirham.
Sheikh Albani classifies this hadeeth as Hasan

ass salaamu alaykum

i could swear there was kalaam about that!! :?:?....

Allaahu a3lam i'll ask umm Ridhwaan inshaAllah!!

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Yup!! this thread is ROLLING Akhee!! I and sis amirah_87 just wont let this thread down :lol: It's a great place of Muraaja3ah for us alhamdulillah :) Nice to see you putting some input in the thread too Barakallahu Feek.

Oh, and yes women can only wear perfume in front of their husbands and also their fellow womenfolk......and not other men because like how Rasulullah said "Whichever woman wore perfume and then passed some men and they smelt her scent, then it is as if she did Zinaa"

Wassalamu'alaikum

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:40 PM
There is also a type of Na'i which was forbidden and this is the type of Na'i of the people of Jaahiliyyah and that is when they would announce the death of a person with loud wailing and lamenting and crying. There is a hadeeth reported from Hudhaifah ibn al Yaman who said "When I die, do not announce it, for I fear that that will be a death announcement, and I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbidding death announcements"Sheikh Albani classified this Hadeeth as Hasan
The Ulama said that the type of death announcement in this hadeeth is the way the People of Ignorance used to do it.
ass salaamu alaykum

i was talkin' about the wailing and stuff...which is called an-niyaaha!...sorry probabaly did'nt make meself clear!!

thanks for the correction Maw!!

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i could swear there was kalaam about that!! :?:?....

Allaahu a3lam i'll ask umm Ridhwaan inshaAllah!!
REally there's Kalaam about this Hadeeth? :eek: but isn't it a common practise Princess? giving the weight of hair in silver?? I remember people in Dammaj used to do it all the time man :heated: Yes you ask and let everyone on the board know Insha'allah :happy:

Next Question!!

Give some Hadeeth about the Sunnahs of Eid Day!!

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Yup!! this thread is ROLLING Akhee!! I and sis amirah_87 just wont let this thread down :lol: It's a great place of Muraaja3ah for us alhamdulillah :) Nice to see you putting some input in the thread too Barakallahu Feek.

Wassalamu'alaikum

ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOL!!! :giggling: Allaahu musta3aaan!!

By the way credits to Bro Abd' Majid too Sis!! ;)

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 12:44 PM
^ Oh Yeah, it's just the three of us mostly innit ;)

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 01:03 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Sunnahs of Eid Day!!

1) a khutbah should be given after the salaat, and the sacrifices cum after the salaah aswell if it's *eid al-adhaa*

Narrated Al-Bara':

The Prophet delivered the Khutba on the day of Nahr ('Id-ul-Adha) and said, "The first thing we should do on this day of ours is to pray and then return and slaughter (our sacrifices). So anyone who does so he acted according to our Sunna; and whoever slaughtered before the prayer then it was just meat that he offered to his family and would not be considered as a sacrifice in any way. My uncle Abu Burda bin Niyyar got up and said, "O, Allah's Apostle! I slaughtered the sacrifice before the prayer but I have a young she-goat which is better than an older sheep." The Prophet said, "Slaughter it in lieu of the first and such a goat will not be considered as a sacrifice for anybody else after you."

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet used to proceed to the Musalla on the days of Id-ul-Fitr and Id-ul-Adha; the first thing to begin with was the prayer and after that he would stand in front of the people and the people would keep sitting in their rows. Then he would preach to them, advise them and give them orders, (i.e. Khutba). And after that if he wished to send an army for an expedition, he would do so; or if he wanted to give and order, he would do so, and then depart. The people followed this tradition till I went out with Marwan, the Governor of Medina, for the prayer of Id-ul-Adha or Id-ul-Fitr.

When we reached the Musalla, there was a pulpit made by Kathir bin As-Salt. Marwan wanted to get up on that pulpit before the prayer. I got hold of his clothes but he pulled them and ascended the pulpit and delivered the Khutba before the prayer. I said to him, "By Allah, you have changed (the Prophet's tradition)." He replied, "O Abu Sa'id! Gone is that which you know." I said, "By Allah! What I know is better than what I do not know." Marwan said, "People do not sit to listen to our Khutba after the prayer, so I delivered the Khutba before the prayer."

Narrated Al-Bara':

I heard the Prophet (p.b.u.h) delivering a Khutba saying, "The first thing to be done on this day (first day of 'Id ul Adha) is to pray; and after returning from the prayer we slaughter our sacrifices (in the name of Allah) and whoever does so, he acted according to our Sunna (traditions)."

AND:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever slaughtered (his sacrifice) before the 'Id prayer, should slaughter again." A man stood up and said, "This is the day on which one has desire for meat," and he mentioned something about his neighbors. It seemed that the Prophet I believed him. Then the same man added, "I have a young she-goat which is dearer to me than the meat of two sheep." The Prophet permitted him to slaughter it as a sacrifice. I do not know whether that permission was valid only for him or for others as well.

And it is aso l allowed/sunnah for their to be banquets/parties were there are ppl singing anaasheed:

Narrated Aisha:

Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id."

And i know that it is sunnah to wear the best/cleanest of your clothes...
"ilbisuu min thiyaabikum al-judud...."...do you have the nass for that hadeeth Maw:?

And also to eat dates on eid al-fitr:

Narrated Anas bin Malik,:

Allah's Apostle never proceeded (for the prayer) on the Day of 'Id-ul-Fitr unless he had eaten some dates. Anas also narrated: The Prophet used to eat odd number of dates.

and not to eat anything on the day of al-adhaa...but i can't remember a hadeeth for that!!

that's all i got inshaAllah!!....:peace:

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 01:44 PM
^ Yes those are correct! :happy: and It's also Sunnah to go for Eid prayer using one route and then to return from prayer using a different Route
Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: On the day of Eid, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to vary his route. Narrated by al-Bukhaari

And about wearing clothes, I know there is a hadeeth when Rasulullah spoke about the women and said "Let them go out dressed decently"

And then also the Tahlil and Takbir!!

al-Waleed ibn Muslim said: I asked al-Awzaa’i and Maalik ibn Anas about saying Takbeer out loud on the two Eids. They said, Yes, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar used to say it out loud on the day of al-Fitr until the imam came out

Allah's Apostle never proceeded (for the prayer) on the Day of 'Id-ul-Fitr unless he had eaten some dates. Anas also narrated: The Prophet used to eat odd number of dates.

and not to eat anything on the day of al-adhaa...but i can't remember a hadeeth for that!!
Yes that's right also, and the hikmah of that is that on Eid al-Fitr we eat dates to show gratefulness at the end of fasting....and on Eid al-Adha we dont eat before prayer because we are supposed to eat from the sacrifice meat. Dont know any hadeeth either though :(

And also it's good Etiquette to offer congratulations on Eid.
Jubayr ibn Nufayr said: When the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) met one another on the day of Eid, they would say to one another, “May Allaah accept (good deeds) from us and from you.”

Ok So give us the Next Question Princess Wa Jazakillah Khair!!! :)

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 01:50 PM
ass salaamu alaykum....

And then also the Tahlil and Takbir!!

al-Waleed ibn Muslim said: I asked al-Awzaa’i and Maalik ibn Anas about saying Takbeer out loud on the two Eids. They said, Yes, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar used to say it out loud on the day of al-Fitr until the imam came out
Don't you remember the atmosphere in DJ the night b4 eid and on eid day!!..all the brothers saying their tahleel and tabreek....kids would even go up on the microphone!!....
what's better than the constant dhikr of Allah....
Man!!!!! i miss that place :'(

NEXT QUESTION:

What are the 6 rights rights a muslim has upon another muslim?

& could you please give the daleel for that inshaAllah!!..:peace:

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 01:58 PM
ass salaamu alaykum....

Don't you remember the atmosphere in DJ the night b4 eid and on eid day!!..all the brothers saying their tahleel and tabreek....kids would even go up on the microphone!!....
what's better than the constant dhikr of Allah....
Man!!!!! i miss that place :'(

NEXT QUESTION:

What are the 6 rights rights a muslim has upon another muslim?

& could you please give the daleel for that inshaAllah!!..:peace:
I know right!!! and then when we used to get up at the crack of dawn and walk towards the Musalla........that beautiful vast open wide desert........:'( I miss it!!!

By the way Princess........Isn't it five rights a Muslim has over another Muslim?

Rasulullah said “The Muslim has five rights over his fellow-Muslim: he should return his salaams, visit him when he is sick, attend his funeral, accept his invitation, and say Yarhamuk Allaah when he sneezes.”

What are the six you are talking about Princess? :?

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 02:22 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i have Six Maw!!.....all your five and "wa idaa istansahaka fansahhu".....it's in muslim ...

anyways you answered the question maahsaAllah bi qadral istdaa3at ;)

NEXT 1 THEN SIS :peace:

Mawaddah
07-12-2006, 02:38 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i have Six Maw!!.....all your five and "wa idaa istansahaka fansahhu".....it's in muslim ...
Oh I didn't know that one!!
For those who dont understand Arabic it means "And when he seeks advice then Advise him"

Ok next Question :

Give me some Hadeeth which show it is allowed to show discomfort at pain (e.g. saying ouch this hurts!! :giggling:)

amirah_87
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
as salaamu alaykum...

what was the name for that in arabic...ash-shakwaa innit!!!

lemme go see sis

i'm gonna have to do sum research on it in adab al-mufrad inshaAllah!!

there's a whole baab on that!!...i just need to find the baab first :p

Dhulqarnaeen
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Bro i already answered this question lol

================================================== ===============
yes right akhee...I just wanted to add something. And Subhanallah, I wanna let everybody here know and understand, IF they ask something and then somebody have answered it, and then if somebody know more about the answers or they want to add some informations too then they shall do that, that would be the best insha Allah. So I dont want if anybody know more information about the sunnah that we discussing and they just silent and think the question is finished, no I dont want that. Cause I made this thread so we can learn together and know more about sunnah in every aspects of our life, and I didnt make this thread just for the shake of questioning and answering :brother: Im sure you all understand insha Allah. So if theres more explanation then it would be best insha Allah. barokallahu fikum

Dhulqarnaeen
07-12-2006, 05:28 PM
*sniff* yet again my question has been left only half answered :( *SOB* :'(

So here is the complete answer peoplessssssss, when we learn Islam we want it to be complete so we are not left with any questions right :)

So announcing the death of a person is called Na3i نعي and it's General ruling in Islaam is that it is allowed and also Mustahabb and we derive these from Hadeeth such as the Hadeeth of the Najaashi, when he passed away Rasululllah announced his death amongst the Companions and asked them to pray on him.
And also the hadeeth of the Black woman who used to clean the Masjid. When she passed away Rasulullah said "Why did you not let me know?"
So from these Ahadeeth it's concluded that it is allowed to announce the Death of a person in order that people will know about his death and thus come and pray for him.

BUT

Wallahu A3lam Bissawaab :)
I have learnt more in this thread masha Allah walhamdulillah. Jazakillah khair for the explanation ukhti

Dhulqarnaeen
07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
For those who dont understand Arabic it means "And when he seeks advice then Advise him"

Ok next Question :

Give me some Hadeeth which show it is allowed to show discomfort at pain (e.g. saying ouch this hurts!! :giggling:)
The hadith narated by Aisha radhiallahu anha that she explained when Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam sick that brought his death, Rasulullah told Aisha "My head is hurt", and Aisha also told Rasulullah the same thing that her head also painfull. And about three days after that (or 7, ikhtilaf) Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam dead on Aishas chest. Rasulullah felt the pain in his head cause he ate that goat thats given by some jews women, and then he got poisoned. Some companions dead eating the goat, but Rasulullah didnt. Its a sign that all prophets stronger than usual human. And because he got poisoned and dead because of it, some ulama said Rasulullah was shaheed and not just usual death.
So I think thats the daleel ukhtee insha Allah. Not complete though:embarrass . So yes we may say something like "ouch my head is hurting, my stomach is aching" as long as we say it not to feel sorry about Allahs qadr thats given to us. I cant doing research so I cant give complete hadith, Im not in my house where I can do researches, Im out of town masha Allah and Im in safar. So IF my answer is right, the next question is:
"TELL ME THE SUNNAH IN SAFAR" :brother: , btw....where is bro Abd Majid :rollseyes hafidhahullah

Dhulqarnaeen
07-12-2006, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
Ok mawaddah i don't have much but i remebered hadeeth umm sulaim radhiyaallahu anhaa , that when her son died, she didn't tell Abu Talha until after he rested and was feeling good. al hadeeth is in bukharee and muslim.
I'll be back for more answers later inshaAllah, wassalaam.
Lol...I remember that hadith too and it make me laugh. What a clever Umm Sulaim -radhiallahu anha- right? The hadith explained about what she did to let her husband know about his sons death right? So she was wearing make up and perfume and made her self as pretty as she could be. And she made delicious food, and her husband ate and feel satisfied with the food. And after that she saw Umm Sulaim was so pretty and wanted to spend time with her. And after everything went well Umm Sulaim asked her husband " yaa Abu Talha, what will you do if theres someone lend you something, and then one day he want to get it back? Will you ikhlas to give it back" And Abu Talha said "yes. of course", and then Umm Sulaim told about his sons death and masha Allah Abu Talha was really mad and said "so thats why you did all of this in order to let me know my sons death?" :giggling: . Radhiallahu anhum. I dont remember the complete hadith though. Its just amazing the way that Umm Sulaim did just to let her husband knew about this. :brother: . So clever although it didnt reach the goal, but in the end I think Abu Talha realized it masha Allah. Isnt it Umm Sulaim is the first woman who sail with the mujahideen over the seas attacking the Romans? With Saad bin Abu Waqqash radhiallahu anhu. Cause she ever asked Rasulullah tosa dua and to include her into the warrior when Rasulullah told her that he saw (in his mind) that one day mujahideen will sail over the seas in war. Allahu A'lam

Helena
07-12-2006, 06:36 PM
sunnah of traveling....

there shud always be at least two ppl when traveling.Traveling alone, although not sinful, shud still be avoided. however in necessity there is no harm.

when one has placed one's foot in the stirrup of ones conveyance and is about to mount it, one shud say bismillahi (Tirmirdhi)

After settling down on the conveyance say: allahu akbar thrice and recite the following dua:

subhanal-ladhi-sak-kharalana hadha wa ma kunna lahu muqrinin wa inna ila rabbina la munqalibun...

meaning glory to the one who sunjugated this for us, whereas we were not able to subjugate it on our own. and we will certainly be returning to our lord.

another dua:

Allahuma hawwin alayna safarana hadha watwi anna bu'dah. Allahumma antas-sahibu fis-safari wal khalifah fil ahl. Allahumma inni udhu bika miw wa tha'is safari wa ka'abatil manzari wa su'il munqalabi fil mali wal ahli wal walad.

meaning... O Allah make this journey easy for us and shorten the length of the journey aswell. O Allah, you are our companion on this journey and the protector of our house. O Allah! i seek your protection from the hardship of travel, from witnessing a terrible sight and from finding an evil condition having befallen my family, wealth and children upon my return.

When the town of ones destinatin comes into view, the recite this dua:

Allahumma barak lana fiha (O Allah! grant us barakah from this town)

when entering the town..recite this dua..... O Allah, grant us sustenance of this place. Make us beloved to the people of this place and make the pious ppl of this place beloved to us.

upon returning from a journey, it is sunnah to first go to the masjid, perfprm two rakat at of salaah and then enter home.

When returning from a journey one shud recite this dua:

A'ibuna ta'ibuna abiduna lirabbina hamidun ( We are returning home with repentance,utmost humility and praising our lord.

Next question is...

SUNNAH OF WHEN TREATING AND VISITING THE SICK?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

SUNNAH OF WHEN TREATING AND VISITING THE SICK?
i think this was already dun, should we do it again?

umm-sulaim
07-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Lol...I remember that hadith too and it make me laugh. What a clever Umm Sulaim -radhiallahu anha- right? The hadith explained about what she did to let her husband know about his sons death right? So she was wearing make up and perfume and made her self as pretty as she could be. And she made delicious food, and her husband ate and feel satisfied with the food. And after that she saw Umm Sulaim was so pretty and wanted to spend time with her. And after everything went well Umm Sulaim asked her husband " yaa Abu Talha, what will you do if theres someone lend you something, and then one day he want to get it back? Will you ikhlas to give it back" And Abu Talha said "yes. of course", and then Umm Sulaim told about his sons death and masha Allah Abu Talha was really mad and said "so thats why you did all of this in order to let me know my sons death?" :giggling: . Radhiallahu anhum. I dont remember the complete hadith though. Its just amazing the way that Umm Sulaim did just to let her husband knew about this. :brother: . So clever although it didnt reach the goal, but in the end I think Abu Talha realized it masha Allah. Isnt it Umm Sulaim is the first woman who sail with the mujahideen over the seas attacking the Romans? With Saad bin Abu Waqqash radhiallahu anhu. Cause she ever asked Rasulullah tosa dua and to include her into the warrior when Rasulullah told her that he saw (in his mind) that one day mujahideen will sail over the seas in war. Allahu A'lam
yeah mashaAllah i love that hadeeth too, its beautiful, mashaAllah, then the prophet alayhi salatu wasslam made du3aa for blessings for that night, due to that du3aa they had son called abdullah named by the prophet alayhi salaatu wasslam, they had 8/9 more kids after that too, mashaAllah!
beautiful lady!!!!!!!!
as for the sahaabiya that went out to sea that was umm haraam she married ubaada bin saamit radiyaAllahu anhu, umm sulaims sister, thats a beautiful hadeeth too. mashaAllah!

umm-sulaim
07-12-2006, 07:32 PM

Ok next Question :

Ok, sis mawaddah,
hadeeth jaabir when the prophet entered upon umm saa'ib and she had a fever and the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalam said, whats wrong with you? she replied the fever may Allah digrace it, the prophet said don't say that for verily it removes the faults of the muslim...rawaahu muslim.

ok hadeeth Aisha radhiyaAllahu anhaa that when her father Abu Bakr radhiyaAllahu anhu would feel ill she would ask how are you o my father, and when the fever overtook him he would say:
everyone enters the morning with his family
and death is under his shoe laces

and Bilaal in the same hadeeth would raise his voice and say a poem, talking about the valleys of medina (they were homesick)

Bukhaari made a chapter in adab al mufrad (chapter: is the saying of the sick one: "verily i am in pain" complaining?
Then under that he mentioned hadeeth when asmaa bint abee bakr was sick and it was 10 days before her son Abdullahi bin zubair was killed, abdullah said to her, how are you, she said, verily i am in pain.

als hadeeth abee sa3eedin alkhudhree, that when he entered upon the prophet alayhi salaatu wasslam, he had a blanket on him, abu sa3eed put his hand on him, then he said o messenger of Allah what a strong fever you have, the prophet alayhi salaatu wasssalam said, verily we are like that (prophets) our trials are greater and rewards are doubled...alhadeeth
This shows us that Bukhaari rahimahullah sees its permissable to do this as he mentioned ahadeeth answering the heading positively, and didn't bring ahadeeth that showed we can't. (let me knoe if you get what i'm saying)
Hadeeth aisha too, when she cried over the prophet (when he was dying) he alayhi salaatu wassalaam said, laa ilaaha illa laah inna fil mawti lasakaraat.
There is no God but Allah, verily in death theres agony.

Like bro mentioned it can't involving complaining about fate (tassakhut bi agdaarillaah), and saying things like o why me etc.

I hope that answered your question sis maw.

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah sis, i guess you're right..

give the next question inshaAllah

umm-sulaim
07-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Nah you ask sis, araash ba3dayn anee khaarija, wassalaam.

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 12:16 PM
wa alaykum ass salaam

joker!! ;D....okay i'm abit busy i'll post one up in a tik inshaAllah!!

Mawaddah
07-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Masha'allah umm_sulaim that's a great answer!! :) ( I would've said jawaaban mumtaazan but amirah said that there's no arab talking in the thread :-[)

So Princess!! you take your sisters place and post up a question!!

I'm waiting.........dont keep me waiting too long.......:Evil:

umm-sulaim
07-13-2006, 12:20 PM
ma3asalaamh guys, save a question for me, lol thx mawaddah!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
wa alaykum ass salaam

joker!! ;D....okay i'm abit busy i'll post one up in a tik inshaAllah!!
so much for a tick, one hour :rollseyes :rant:

Mawaddah
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
I'll put up the next Question since Princess is not here Insha'allah :)

Give me a daleel which states that it is Haram to point at a fellow Beleiver with a sharp object :)

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 01:29 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

..EDITED...no probs maw!!...we'll answer yours instead

sorry bout that guys!! ( the lateness) :peace:

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 01:44 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

if i can recall it ...i think it was hadeeth ibn 3abbaas....the prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wassalam prohibited us to point @ someone with a sharp object *it said hadeed in the hadeeth*

and it's in the saheehayn :peace:

.............right:?

Mawaddah
07-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Well the hadeeth that I know is not from Ibn Abbas but it's from Abi Hurairah and it goes :

One of you should not point towards his brother with a weapon, For verily he does not know that maybe the Shaitaan will Jerk in from his hand (thus harming his brother) And he will land himself into a hole of fire

And for Muslim it says :

Whoever points towards his Muslim brother with a weapon then verily the angels curse him until he lowers his weapon, Even if it is his brother from his mother or father

Ok you get the next go Princess :happy:

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 09:33 PM
ASS SALAAMU ALAYKUM

ok kool inshaAllah!!!....

next question guys ..would be...
.Give me a hadeeth that mentions you should say bismillah when you start to eat or drink??:peace:

afriend
07-13-2006, 09:35 PM
`Umar bin Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH), said to me, "Mention Allah's Name (i.e., say Bismillah before starting eating), eat with your right hand, and eat from what is near you.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Now give me one which says that u shud love for your brother what u love for yourself

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 09:38 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

mahsaAllah akhee...you should cum one here more often then ey?? :)

i'm on to it...*your question*

afriend
07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
lol...I should come on here more :mad:

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Hadeeth Anas radhiyaAllahu anhu in muslim and Bukhari, that the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said: none of you will beleive till you love for your brother what you love for yourselves.

Next give me the hadeeth when the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said, shall i not tell you the greatest of sins? ...alhadeeth.
"alaa udullukum bi akbaril kabaair?.........alhadeeth.

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 12:42 PM

How you doing ya 3azizatee?

Ok so the hadeeth goes

‏عن ‏ ‏عبد الرحمن بن أبي بكرة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبيه ‏ ‏رضي الله عنه ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏ألا أنبئكم بأكبر الكبائر قلنا بلى يا رسول الله قال الإشراك بالله وعقوق الوالدين وكان متكئا فجلس فقال ألا وقول الزور وشهادة الزور ألا وقول الزور وشهادة الزور فما زال يقولها حتى قلت لا يسكت ‏

From Abdurrahmaan ibn Abi Bakrah, He narrated from His father who said that Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said "Shall I not inform you of the Major sins?" So we (the Companions) said "Of course Ya Rasulullah" He said " To commit Shirk with Allah, and to Disobey/Mistreat ones parents." And Rasulullah was leaning back but he sat up straight and said " Verily and the false words and the False witnessess, Verily and the False words and the False witnesses " And Rasulullah kept on repeating those words until we said " He will not be Quiet"

Ok so next Question :

Bring me A Hadeeth in Which Rasulullah says "Three people whom Allah will not look at them on Yaumal Qiyamah......"

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Ayyahul kareemah i'm good thanks, and you?
BaraakaAllahu feeki.
Ok lol i just answered this in your other question on hadeeth challenge hehe!
ok, 3an abee hurayra radhiyaAllahu 3anhu that the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said: 3 people Allah (ta3aala) won't talk to on the day of judgement, and he won't purify them and he won't look at them, an old adulter, a lying king and an aloof poor man.
Its in muslim.
I hope this one counts cos it shows Allah ta3aala doesn't talk to them too amongst otherthings,
the other hadeeth i'm thinkng of is the hadeeth of the three people Allah ta3aala doesn't talk to.....from them was the 1 that says i read the qur'aan to be callled a reciter......alhadeeth, am i right sis?
I just can't remember the lafdh properly.

Ok next one give us a hadeeth that tells us not to be jealous of our fellow muslim and not to raise the prices on one another and not to hate eachother........
"laa ta7aasaduu wa laa tanaajashuu wa laa tabaaghdhuu...alhadeeth.

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 01:10 PM
^ alhamdulillah good to know you're ok......lol me and Princess never exchange these words, we're just like cats spitting and hissing first thing we come on the board ;D ;D

Yes Masha'allah that is one Hadeeth :happy: as for the other hadeeth I will get it for you Insha'allah after this.

As for the Hadeeth you are asking for....hmm....there are many variations for this Hadeeth Ya Ukhtee..

Some of them go :

‏لا ‏ ‏تباغضوا ‏ ‏ولا ‏ ‏تناجشوا ‏ ‏ولا ‏‏ تحاسدوا ‏ ‏وكونوا عباد الله إخوانا

Do Not Hate one another, And do not do Najaashah (can you help me with that translation please?) And do not be Jealous of one another, and Be Servants of Allah, Brothers.
And some of them go :

‏لا تباغضوا ولا تحاسدوا ولا ‏ ‏تدابروا ‏ ‏وكونوا عباد الله إخوانا ولا يحل لمسلم أن يهجر أخاه فوق ثلاث ليال ‏

Do not Hate one another and do not be Jealous of one another and do not turn your backs towards one another (in enmity) And Be (O) Servants of Allah Brothers, and it is not allowed for a Muslim to Avoid his brother for more than three nights.

And I also remember a Hadeeth in Arba3een Nawawi it goes :

Do not do Najaashah And Do not Hate one another and Do not be envious of one another and One of you should not try to Sell his goods over his Brothers goods. A Muslim is the Muslim of another brother, He should not Oppress him nor should he belittle him, It is sufficient evil for a person to Avoid his brother for more than three days.

Umm_Sulaim I'm not so sure about the last part of that Hadeeth so correct me please tayyib? insha'allah...

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 01:20 PM
These are a Few more Hadeeth about the People Allah will not Speak to on Yaumal Qiyaamah Umm Sulaim :) (May Allah not make us from them ameen )

‏عن ‏ ‏أبي هريرة ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏ثلاثة لا يكلمهم الله يوم القيامة ولا يزكيهم ولهم عذاب أليم رجل على فضل ماء بالطريق يمنع منه ابن السبيل ورجل بايع إماما لا يبايعه إلا لدنياه إن أعطاه ما يريد وفى له وإلا لم يف له ورجل يبايع رجلا بسلعة بعد العصر فحلف بالله لقد أعطي بها كذا وكذا فصدقه فأخذها ولم يعط بها ‏

From Abi Hurairah He said that Rasulullah said " Three whom Allah will not speak to on Yaum al Qiyaamah nor will he Give them Success and for them will be a Painful Torment. A man who has Extra water on the road (i.e. a well or such) and prevents a Traveller from using it, and A man who gave his Pledge towards his Imaam, but he did not give him his pledge except to gain wordly benefits, If he was given what he wanted then he fulfilled his word, and if he was not given what he wanted he did not fulfill his word, And a man who sells another man some goods after a while and so swears by Allah that he purchased it for such and such, so the buyer beleives him and buys it from him, but he was telling an untruth."

And another Hadeeth :

‏عن ‏ ‏أبي ذر ‏
‏عن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏ثلاثة لا يكلمهم الله يوم القيامة ولا ينظر إليهم ولا يزكيهم ولهم عذاب أليم قال فقرأها رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏ثلاث مرارا قال ‏ ‏أبو ذر ‏ ‏خابوا وخسروا من هم يا رسول الله قال ‏ ‏المسبل ‏ ‏والمنان ‏ ‏والمنفق سلعته بالحلف الكاذب ‏

From Abi Dharr that Rasulullah said "Three whom Allah will not speak to them on Yaum al Qiyaamah and He will not look at them and He will not give them Success and They will have a painful Punishment" Abu Dhar said that Rasulullah repeated it three times and then I said " They have Lost Ya Rasullullah , Who are they? " So Rasullullah said " The Man who Drags his dress beneath his ankles and the One who carries gossip and the one who sells his Goods by using false oaths "

Ok Next question INsha'allah!!

Bring Hadeeths which show the status of Parents....:)

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
You and sis amira make me laugh 3azeezati...... lol, reminds me of us at home lol! hehe !!

Yeah i'm glad you brought the different variations mashaAllah, i was hoping you'd do that, baarakaAllahu feeki.
ok sis the one in 3arba3een nawaiyyah goes like this:
" don't be envious of one another, and don't raise the prices on one another (tanaajshuu), don't hate one another, don'tface your backs to eachother (tadaabaruu) and don't sell your goods over your brothers, and be the servants of Allah in brotherhood, the muslim is the brother of a muslim, he doesn't oppress him, and he doesn't deceive him, and he doesn't disbeleive him, and he doesn't belittle him, piety/fear (taqwa) is here (and pointed to his chest 3 times) hating your muslim brother is enough sin for you, every muslim is sacred to the other muslim, his blood, his wealth and his (3irdh) reputation.
rawaahu muslim.
a7sanAllahu ilayk.

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
^ Oh Yesssssssssssss that's how it goes........I got mixed up with all the other versions of the hadeeth :-[

So Sis will you answer my question? :?

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeahs sure sis, gimme a bit yeah the 3ajuuza needs to get her little cells remaining into gear lol..........

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Ok hadeeth 3an 3abdullahi bn mas3uud may Allah be pleased with him said: i asked the messenger of Allah, which actions are mst beloved to Allah 3aza wa jall, he alayhi salaatu wassalaam replied: the prayer at its given time,then i said, then which? he said: then the devoutness/righteousness towards parents, i said then which? he said: then fighting/striving forthe cause of Allah, and if i had questioned him further he would have increased them.
IN bukhaari wa muslim.

Athar Ibn Abbas may Allah be pleased with him, when a man came to him and said, verily i proposed to a lady and she rejected me, then another man proposed and she accepted, i became very jealous over her, so i killed her, am i liable for tawbah/repentance? he said: is your mother alive? he said no, he said repent to Allah the almighty, and bring yourself closer to him as much as you can.
when he went i (the narrator from ibn Abbas ataa bin yassaar) asked ibn Abbas why he asked if his mother was alive? he replied i don't know an action that brings you closer to Allah than being righteous/devote to your mother.
the chain is saheeh.

The famous hadeeth 3an abee hurayra may Allah be pleased with him, it was said to the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam, man abarrr, who has more right to my devoutness, he said your mother, the questioner said then who? he said your mother, then the questioner said then who? he said your mother, the questioner said then who? he said your father, muttafagun 3alayh, agreed upon.

Hadeeth abee hurayara may Allah be pleased with him, that the messenger of Allah said " the child will never give back to the parent, except if he finds him taken as a slave , buys him then sets him free !!
Muslim.

Hadeeth 3abdullahi bin 3amre that a man came to the prophet peace and blessing be upon him and pledging him with hijra/migration in another narration he came to go to jihaad, and left his parents crying, the prophet peace and blessings be upon him said, return and make them laugh like you made them cry.
chain is saheeh.

The hadeeth ou just mentioned sis mawaddah to 3an abee bakrak may Allah be leased with him, that the prophet alayhi salatu wasssalaam said, shall i not inform you of the biggest sin, we said of course o messenger of Allah he said: taking partners with Allah, disobedience of the parents, and he sat up and before he was leaning , he said verily the false words from the false witnesses.......

Hadeeth 3ali may Allah be pleased with him, that the prophet may the peace an dblessings of Allah be upon him said: the curse ofAllah upon he who slaughters for other than Allah, the surse of Allah upon he who steals the earths landmarks, the curse f Allah upon he who curses his parents, the curse of Allah on he who takes in a mu7dith, (dunno how to explain that help me sis)
muslim.

Hadeeth verily paradise is under the feet of the mother, i don't remember the sa7aabi,
If you remeber afeedeenee plz sis, shukran.

a astamir alahaadeeth ya 3azeezah?

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh Wow Masha'allah all of that is from memory too? Masha'allah ;)

But isn't the hadeeth about Jannah tahta Aqdaam al Ummahaat Dha'eef?? :?

BTW can you give the next Question too please? and I think Yakfeeki al ahaadeeth for this Mawdhoo3 ;D

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Lol yeah i think it sis, that why i left it till last. (dha3eef)

Na3am hasb al3ajuuzah lol hehe........

ok next question, gimme ahadeeth on sillatu rahim, tying family relations.

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey you know what umm_sulaim....I think we've run away from the real purpose of the thread dont you think? :?
It was supposed to be about Sunnah of the Prophet........but here we're questioning people on Hadeeth.......kinda outta topic dontcha think? It was just brought to my attention just now also lol......we dont want it getting too hard for other people and then they'll lose interest :(

So lets go back to the topic and Bring us a Question about the Sunnah of Rasulullah Insha'allah :happy:

Dhulqarnaeen
07-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Sisters, I love to see your posts. But please forgive me. I have to remind you all that this thread is questioniing about SUNNAH and not about hadith. And I made this thread so we can share SUNNAH in our daily days. So if people caome to this thread then they will read something taht they can practise it in their daily life. And Im afraid if youre questioning about hadith, then it will be too difficult for someone who just learn about Islam. I hope you all understand insha Allah. I just want this thread manfaat insha Allah. Im so happy to have you guys discussing about sunnah, jazakumullah khair :brother:

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Hehehe too right, but then again don't the ahadeeth contain the sunnah sis?
But i see what you mean too, khayr inshaAllah, i suppose we did side track right.
OK then on the sunnah ey?.......
What are thre sunnahs of reading qur'aan?

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 03:09 PM
^ I guess the brother meant like practises of the Prophet.....you know...things he did.....Sunnah Fi3liyyah I should say, and not Sunnah Qawliyyah or Taqreeriyyah :p :lol:

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Just daily life akhee? Its a bit limited don't you think?

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 03:12 PM
^ I guess the brother meant like practises of the Prophet.....you know...things he did.....Sunnah Fi3liyyah I should say, and not Sunnah Qawliyyah or Taqreeriyyah :p :lol:

Hehehe ooh i see! oh well back to fi3liyyah it is then! so what no more tagreeriyyah and qawliyyah? *frowns*

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 03:16 PM
^ Adhunnuhu Qaal hakadha li anna aktharunnaas 3awwam......... fa huwa yureeduhum idha dakhalu hadihi ath thread an yastafeedoo mubasharatan.
And he doesnt want if they come inside and see it's just a bunch of complicated hadeeth then they will lose interest. And I also guess it's because he wants people to know hadeeth which they will apply to their daily lives.......wallahu 'a3lam. But yes it's kinda limited..........

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Na3am saddagtee yaa ukht, gad ab3adnaa 3an gasd ath-thread, sa7eeh, but oh well, gadr Allah wa maa sha'a fa3al, lakin sanastafeed min dhaalik aydhan inshaAllah,
I guess my questions ok though right sis, on the qur'aan, i hope we all read that everyday.
kassar galbee lol!! ajal...........

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2006, 03:33 PM
whats the diff between these three sis? :?

Dhulqarnaeen
07-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Just daily life akhee? Its a bit limited don't you think?
Youre right, I think its best sunnah in everything that might be happen in our life, ok?
And yes sunnah is qawliyyah, fi'liyyah and taqreeriyah sis maw, and I want them all here. But what I want is talk about sunnah along with the daleel, but please make sure everybody understand what we say. If you talk about hadith, then rarely our bros and sis wanna join us, cause not everybody understand about it and also not everybody can do research like you guys masha Allah, included me...lol, well thats what I mean. Im sure you understand guys insha Allah.

umm-sulaim
07-14-2006, 04:49 PM
OK akhee,you're right, just got carried away lol! sorry about that, inshaAllah daily life sunnah it is then, wassalaam.

Mawaddah
07-14-2006, 05:17 PM
whats the diff between these three sis? :?
Sunnah Fi3liyyah means Sunnah of Actions, In other words, Things that Rasulullah himself actually did.

Sunnah Qawliyyah means Sunnah of Words , i.e. things that Rasulullah Said.

Sunnah Taqreeriyyah means Those things which Rasulullah Affirmed. For example he would see a Sahaabi doing something and then either say something to affirm what the Sahaabi was doing, or either keep silent to what they were doing to show his approval.

Hope you understand insha'allah

Oh Yes, and the question by umm_sulaim was " What is the Sunnah whilst reciting Qur'an? "

amirah_87
07-14-2006, 09:50 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

subhaanAllah i feel like i've been away for ages!!!!!! :(

what's this about just giving sunnah's and stuff :?:?...isn't that what we were doin!!!!
anyways...i agree with that idea the brother gave being toooo limted....dakaa ginaan man!! ;D

However, i do agree with us giving more explanantion.....but then again!!..this is a QUIZ!!!...do we need to give a page full of shrah/explanation for each question we post up??

oh yeah.....;D
by the i doubt anybody other than us comes to this thread!!

amirah_87
07-14-2006, 09:51 PM
ass salaamu alalaykum

SO....WHAT'S THE NEXT QUESTION PPL!! :peace:

wa aalykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-15-2006, 09:34 AM
^ Yes Dhaaka Ginaan Ya Princess Wa lakin anti al-Magnoonah Falaa Ba2s Mumkin :p

And the next question was posted there in red!!! What are the Sunnah's of reciting Qur'aan??? come on open your eyes next time :rant:

afriend
07-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I don't think there are any specific sunahs...are there?

Oh and some guidelines:

You should clear your mind of all thoughts, you shouldn't yawn, and ponder over it's meanings :)

umm-sulaim
07-15-2006, 09:48 AM
lol search.......

amirah_87
07-15-2006, 11:58 AM

And the next question was posted there in red!!! What are the Sunnah's of reciting Qur'aan??? come on open your eyes next time :rant:

ass salaamu alaykum

hey hey!!.....ihtrimiy man huwa akbar mink!!...even though i'm justa coupla months older!! :p

i'll rant to you in my PM!!...aboutthis whole situ inshaAllah!!...i don't hink that was necessary!!

sorry i ddi'nt see the question!!...:uhwhat

wa alaykum ass salaam Maw!!

Dhulqarnaeen
07-15-2006, 01:16 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

subhaanAllah i feel like i've been away for ages!!!!!! :(

what's this about just giving sunnah's and stuff :?:?...isn't that what we were doin!!!!
anyways...i agree with that idea the brother gave being toooo limted....dakaa ginaan man!! ;D

However, i do agree with us giving more explanantion.....but then again!!..this is a QUIZ!!!...do we need to give a page full of shrah/explanation for each question we post up??

oh yeah.....;D
by the i doubt anybody other than us comes to this thread!!

:rollseyes Maybe I didnt make my self clear enough yee? Or is it my english? :hmm: . Ok...lol...guys, I dont think my idea too limited sis, Ok...let me explain again. Im not english U know, so maybe you cant catch what I mean ^o) . So...I want we question eachother about sunnah, and sunnah about eeeeeeeeeverythings, not limited. Eeeeverything. So the questions will be better like we did before. What is sunnah in doing this and that. What Rasulullah do when he is this and that, so the answer should be with dalil. What I dont agree is when we question eachother about hadith. Such as "bring me hadith about this and that...", Im afraid if the question like this, then not everybody can doing research about this. I suggest we try to find one sunnah that maybe alot of muslim dont know about the sunnah or called sunnah madrukah. Thats the best I think. So if theres a question, then we should write hadith (qawliyyah) to support our explanation. Mmmm....do I make my self clear yee? :rollseyes :exhausted ;D . Just dont ask something except sunnah that we can do in our life, allllll sunnah, its unlimited right? So its concern sunnah fi'liyyah, qawliyyah or taqreer from Nabi. I know the thread about sunnah, and I know hadith included to sunnah, ya'ni sunnah qawliyyah, but when we ask eachother JUST about bringing the hadith, then whats the different with takhreejul hadith. Cause then everybody who came to this thread will feel that if they wanna join us here, then they must do murajaah, they must do research, and Im afraid its too hard for them. So its best if we question eachother about sunnah that we can do in life.
Ooh...I wanna add something, the opponent of sunnah is bid'ah, so maybe we can talk a little bit about bid'ah too. I think it would be great, so everybody will be aware of the bidah that might be happening in their environment wihout they realize it. I think its manfaat if we also talk about bidah. So, maybe everybody who answering the question (example:sunnah reading quran) can also give information about bidah concerning reading Qura. It will be more fun I guess insha Allah :brother: . And more manfaat. Its amazing sometimes when we know there are aloooot of bid'ah thats happening around us masha Allah. So let us remind eachother about this, insha Allah. Thanks for your attention, jazakumullah alfunkhair.

PS. Sorry if my explanation abit confucing, Im trying hard to explain what I mean masha ALlah :heated: Iope you all understand though insha Allah.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-15-2006, 01:43 PM

Im out of town so I cant do research +o( But I will just write what I remember insha Allah. And I hope someone can make it perfect with more daleel insha Allah. So the sunnah in reading Quran are:
1. Take the wudhu before reading quran cause Quran said that no one can touch the Quran except someone who is cleaned (or purified? :rollseyes ...you know what I mean. I dont have my dictionaryyyy :heated: ). And the hukm is wajeeb. But theres ikhtilaf about this hukm. Some said Sunnah muakadah and some say wajeeb. But at least its best to take wudhu as our idtirom to the Quran.
2. The most important sunnah in reading Quran is Read it with tajwid according surah Al Muzammil that ordering us to read Quran tarteel.
3. Reading it with melody, according to hadith "Everyone who read Quran without melody is not from us".
4. Read it not too loud and not too silent. But the middle of it. According hadith Rasulullah to Umar and Abu Bakr radhiallahu anhuma, that He -shalallahu alaihi wasallam said "Yaa Umar, reduce your voice, Abu Bakr louder your voice".
5. Except reading it, try to hifz it. According alot of hadith that explain teh reward of remembering the Quran.
6. Start reading it with Taawwudh, we can say "audhubillahi minasyaithonirajeem" or we can say "Audhubillahis sami'il 'alimi minashaitonirajeem" or we can say "audhubillahi minashaitonirajeem min hamzihi wa nafkhihi wa nafthih", all mentioned in hadith, please rujuu' to kitab sifatus shalah Nabi by syaikh Albani rahimahullah and another kitab insha Allah.
7. If we be Imam of shalah, we should not read Bismillah loud before we read the Quran, but say bismillah silently and then reading the Quran. Read kitab Bulughul marom by syaikh Al amirul mu'minin fil hadith Ibn Hajar Al Athqolanee, and another qitab which explained about this insha Allah.
8. Read surah Al Kahfi every friday, according to hadith that explained about the reward if we read Al Kahfi in friday.
9. Read Al Baqoroh eeeeeeeeeeveryday in your house, like what Rasulullah said "dont make your house like a grave, verily shaiton will go away in a house which they read suratul Baqoroh in it".
10. SILENT if theres someone who read the Quran and listen, cause we can take so many lessons from it. Its according to the quran that explain taht we should silent if teh Quran is readed. (Please bring me the daleel from the Quran sis maw, amirah ;D )

the bid'ah concerning about this are:
1. Its bidah to ALWAYS say "shodaqallahul Adhim" eeeeeeverytime we finish reading the Quran.
2. Its bid'ah to kiss the Quran after we read it. Cause idhtirom to Quran is not about kissing it. But we respect the QUran by reading it and do whats in it. If we kiss it thousands of time pun till our lips thick (like its being stung by bees) it will bring nothing if we dont understand it and do whats in it :giggling: .
3. Its bid'ah to read Quran on the Qubr, cause Quran will NOT bring manfaat for the dead. Cause Quran is for human, daleel in surah Yasin. And the first Imam who against it so hard was Al Imam Asy Syafi'i. Its his fatawa that explain the reading of Quran wil not bring any manfaat to mayit.
4. Its bidah to read Quran together, with the time and place thats arranged, with the same melody and with one command.
5. Its bid'ah to say "Alaihis Salam" when Imam read Sabbihisma, after "Ibrahiima wa muusa".. Its happen alot in my country :heated: that after imam say "ibrahiima wa muusa", then jamaah will say "alaihis salam".
6. Its bid'ah to put Qurans letters in masjid, house and all.

There are a lot of bid'ah in reading Quran thats happening in ummah invery countries, wastaghfirullahal Adheem. Maybe someone can write more bid'ah concerning reading Quran and warn our bro and sis that maybe unaware insha Allah. :)

Dhulqarnaeen
07-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Wheres everybody? Im alone in here :'( .
Ok here is the next question insha Allah:

" what is sunnah in majlis ta'lim? ";D :coolbro:

amirah_87
07-15-2006, 07:17 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

This place is titled to be a QUIZ right:?, not a whole lesson on the sunnah of this n' that!!!.....or bidah's ......:?
that's what we thought anyways!! :(
and we're sorry if we messed it up or anything!!
at the end of the day, it is your thread, so you can do as you wish!!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 07:31 PM

you mean the sunnah on the circle of friends or imams or??? :? sry my arabic is poor :(

amirah_87
07-15-2006, 07:33 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah ...that's what he means!!....but you gotta give a coupla feet long of explanation and all!! :heated:

read his post on page 27( if you have'nt!!!).....:(

umm-sulaim
07-15-2006, 08:17 PM

Wa alaykuma salaam wa rahmatullah,

you chased us all away!! ............... lol.....nah don't cry, we like this thread to much to leave...uhm...

1. Take the wudhu before reading quran cause Quran said that no one can touch the Quran except someone who is cleaned (or purified? ...you know what I mean. I dont have my dictionaryyyy ). And the hukm is wajeeb. But theres ikhtilaf about this hukm. Some said Sunnah muakadah and some say wajeeb. But at least its best to take wudhu as our idtirom to the Quran.
As for making wudhuu before reading qur'aan, i don't think thats sunnah akhee, there is an ikhtilaaf in this but theres no daleel that says you need to make wudhuu before reading the qur'aan, hopefully sis mawaddah/amira can help me on this inshaAllah,
the ayah you're referring to is "laa yamassahu illal muttahharuun" , al muttahharuun are the angels and the dhameer haa is referring to the law7ul ma7fuudh as is in tafseer ibn katheer,
but i am aware of the ikhtilaaf, perhaps you referr to the agwaal of the other 3ulamaa, but the gawl i mentioned seems clearer, and Allah knows best.
Also theres no hadeeth where the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam gives an order to make wudhuu, and we know we take our obligatory sunnah from the orders of the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam.
I don't have all my fawaa'id with me akhee so its kinda jawaaban gaasiran.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 08:38 PM
what about when umar RA tried to touch the quran to read it but his sister said "no you are unclean go and clean yourself first", so he made ghusl?

isnt that daleel?

amirah_87
07-15-2006, 08:46 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

you chased us all away!! ............
SPOT ON SIS ;)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 08:47 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

SPOT ON SIS ;)
lol dont pick on the most knowledgable one in this thread :blind:

umm-sulaim
07-15-2006, 08:54 PM
what about when umar RA tried to touch the quran to read it but his sister said "no you are unclean go and clean yourself first", so he made ghusl?

isnt that daleel?

We use that hadeeth, to show that the kuffaar can't touch the qur'aan.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 08:56 PM
We use that hadeeth, to show that the kuffaar can't touch the qur'aan.
aaah, i c, my mistake :)

jazakAllah khair for that.

umm-sulaim
07-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Wa iyyaak akhee.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-16-2006, 12:54 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

This place is titled to be a QUIZ right:?, not a whole lesson on the sunnah of this n' that!!!.....or bidah's ......:?
that's what we thought anyways!! :(
and we're sorry if we messed it up or anything!!
at the end of the day, it is your thread, so you can do as you wish!!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
Ukhti, first I dont know what is the difference between a quiz and sual jawab? Mmm...so do U mean we just sual jawab and just give a short answers?
And nooooooo...when I said "when I made this thread" I didnt mean to tell you guys that you all dont have right in here, masha Allah its just a website right, and I aint a mod. I just wanted to give ideas so will be more muslims will come to see you guys talk, cause I see so many manfaat in your writing guys, jazakumullah khair. But Im aware that maybe theres something in my words that maybe bring a bad image, please believe me thats not what I mean at all, masha Allah. And sis Amirah, no you (or anybody) dont mess this thread up, why you said that? :brother: Cant I give ideas to make it better? If you have better ideas then please let us know, although I made this thread that doesnt mean Im the leader in here :) and I dont feel I have more right than anybody in here.
Its ok if you dont agree to give a long explanation, yes maybe youre right, so what do U think sis, should we just leave the bid'ah things? What is the other think? Ooh and yes I gave a long explanations, I was just too much spirit to answer the questions, and I found it interesting so I can study my self more while Im in the travel. Im sorry if you dont like the long explanations, well I wrote it is not for you or sis maw or sis UmmSulaim or bro Abdmajid, cause I am sure you all certainly understand about this small sunnah, and Im sure youre all more knowledgable than me and able to write longer explanation insha Allah, :), but I wrote it long cause I see a lot of people who came to this thread to read it, but its just they didnt post. So I wrote a long explanations and I add about bidah so they can read and know, thats all ad I hoped its manfaat. Cause I came to this thread and another thread so I can have manfaat and if I can I wanna give manfaat too for my bro and sis. But if you mind then just give shhort explanations, it would be great still insha Allah.
ad dien is nashihah, but in giving an advices we shoould pay attention to the adhab and try as hard as we can in choosing the best words to say so it wont offend anybodys feeling.
Oooh...and I dont mean to chase you all away from this thread, please no :hmm: I really didnt mean it at all. Tell you the truth, if everybody want me to decide then I better decide you all being here and Im out, thats better cause masha Allah you all have done a great job, so knowledgable masha Allah. Im so lucky that the thread that I made can gathering some knowledgable bro and sis and they can give manfaat to the reader, jazakumullah khair.
Sometimes I just cant show what I really mean, so I just pick the wrong words that bring bad image about me, wallahul mustaan. So please forgive me if theres anything offended or felt not right. Its our thread, not my thread, and no I dont have right to do whatever I wish in here. But basically everything just an encouragement, and a sugestions, and I meant to remind my bro and sis so this thread can have more visitors insha Allah. :). But maybe I couldnt show what I really mean in my heart. Sorry.
Everything thats right come from Allah and what is wrong is from me and shaiton, :w:

Dhulqarnaeen
07-16-2006, 01:02 AM
Wa alaykuma salaam wa rahmatullah,

you chased us all away!! ............... lol.....nah don't cry, we like this thread to much to leave...uhm...

As for making wudhuu before reading qur'aan, i don't think thats sunnah akhee, there is an ikhtilaaf in this but theres no daleel that says you need to make wudhuu before reading the qur'aan, hopefully sis mawaddah/amira can help me on this inshaAllah,
the ayah you're referring to is "laa yamassahu illal muttahharuun" , al muttahharuun are the angels and the dhameer haa is referring to the law7ul ma7fuudh as is in tafseer ibn katheer,
but i am aware of the ikhtilaaf, perhaps you referr to the agwaal of the other 3ulamaa, but the gawl i mentioned seems clearer, and Allah knows best.
Also theres no hadeeth where the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam gives an order to make wudhuu, and we know we take our obligatory sunnah from the orders of the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam.
I don't have all my fawaa'id with me akhee so its kinda jawaaban gaasiran.

I thought I have read that taking wudhu before touching the quran (Im sorry, what I mean is before touching it, not before reading it, cause to read it yess we dont have to take wudhu, language mistakes) is wajeeb according to some ulama. Its the opinions of sheikh Bin Bazz and shuyukh in Saudi if Im not mistaken. Allahu A'lam. I will do research when I go back home insha Allah. Sukran for the reminder, jazakillah khair thoyyib.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-16-2006, 01:18 AM
I think my questions is too wide dont you think? :rollseyes
So maybe I will make a new question, "do we wear the watch on our right or left hand?Please bring daleel insha Allah"Thats the question now insha Allah.

umm-sulaim
07-16-2006, 02:02 AM

Its ok if you dont agree to give a long explanation, yes maybe youre right, so what do U think sis, should we just leave the bid'ah things? What is the other think? Ooh and yes I gave a long explanations, I was just too much spirit to answer the questions, and I found it interesting so I can study my self more while Im in the travel. Im sorry if you dont like the long explanations, well I wrote it is not for you or sis maw or sis UmmSulaim or bro Abdmajid, cause I am sure you all certainly understand about this small sunnah, and Im sure youre all more knowledgable than me and able to write longer explanation insha Allah, :),

but in giving an advices we shoould pay attention to the adhab and try as hard as we can in choosing the best words to say so it wont offend anybodys feeling.

Oooh...and I dont mean to chase you all away from this thread, please no :hmm: I really didnt mean it at all.

Tell you the truth, if everybody want me to decide then I better decide you all being here and Im out,

I didn't mean that when i said that for real about you chasing us away, but i didn't take peoples feelings into consideration...3afwan,

Akhee, your answers was very good, and actually your explanation made me remember a lot of stuff as i read through it, so BaarakaAllahu feek for that, i would say carry on, it is manfa3a!
Thanks for that reminder akhaanaa, you were right cos you were considering everyone, i mean the benefits of everyone and we did sidetrack !
Thanks for your naseeha.
InshaAllah i also ask you to forgive me inshaAllah for my previous kalaam
wassalaam!

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Ukhti, first I dont know what is the difference between a quiz and sual jawab? Mmm...so do U mean we just sual jawab and just give a short answers?
And nooooooo...when I said "when I made this thread" I didnt mean to tell you guys that you all dont have right in here, masha Allah its just a website right, and I aint a mod. I just wanted to give ideas so will be more muslims will come to see you guys talk, cause I see so many manfaat in your writing guys, jazakumullah khair. But Im aware that maybe theres something in my words that maybe bring a bad image, please believe me thats not what I mean at all, masha Allah. And sis Amirah, no you (or anybody) dont mess this thread up, why you said that? :brother: Cant I give ideas to make it better? If you have better ideas then please let us know, although I made this thread that doesnt mean Im the leader in here :) and I dont feel I have more right than anybody in here.
Its ok if you dont agree to give a long explanation, yes maybe youre right, so what do U think sis, should we just leave the bid'ah things? What is the other think? Ooh and yes I gave a long explanations, I was just too much spirit to answer the questions, and I found it interesting so I can study my self more while Im in the travel. Im sorry if you dont like the long explanations, well I wrote it is not for you or sis maw or sis UmmSulaim or bro Abdmajid, cause I am sure you all certainly understand about this small sunnah, and Im sure youre all more knowledgable than me and able to write longer explanation insha Allah, :), but I wrote it long cause I see a lot of people who came to this thread to read it, but its just they didnt post. So I wrote a long explanations and I add about bidah so they can read and know, thats all ad I hoped its manfaat. Cause I came to this thread and another thread so I can have manfaat and if I can I wanna give manfaat too for my bro and sis. But if you mind then just give shhort explanations, it would be great still insha Allah.
ad dien is nashihah, but in giving an advices we shoould pay attention to the adhab and try as hard as we can in choosing the best words to say so it wont offend anybodys feeling.
Oooh...and I dont mean to chase you all away from this thread, please no :hmm: I really didnt mean it at all. Tell you the truth, if everybody want me to decide then I better decide you all being here and Im out, thats better cause masha Allah you all have done a great job, so knowledgable masha Allah. Im so lucky that the thread that I made can gathering some knowledgable bro and sis and they can give manfaat to the reader, jazakumullah khair.
Sometimes I just cant show what I really mean, so I just pick the wrong words that bring bad image about me, wallahul mustaan. So please forgive me if theres anything offended or felt not right. Its our thread, not my thread, and no I dont have right to do whatever I wish in here. But basically everything just an encouragement, and a sugestions, and I meant to remind my bro and sis so this thread can have more visitors insha Allah. :). But maybe I couldnt show what I really mean in my heart. Sorry.
Everything thats right come from Allah and what is wrong is from me and shaiton, :w:

ass salamu alaykum

that's okay akhee, no need for all that!! :sister:

i feel bad now :(

i'll give the explanation to the best of my ability inshaAllah!!!

and will make 'em more detailed, when my notes get shipped in inshaAllah!!

and i do agree with you about the so called invisble visitors!!....;D
i guess we do have to take them into consideraton aswell!!

we are also greatful to have a knowledgeable person on this thread, we'd just like to see more of you inshaAllah...maybe when you finish your travells!! ;D;D

Anyways...let's get this place up & running........ :happy: :happy:

no hard feelings akhee, alls good inshaAllah :peace:

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 11:46 AM
I think my questions is too wide dont you think? :rollseyes
So maybe I will make a new question, "do we wear the watch on our right or left hand?Please bring daleel insha Allah"Thats the question now insha Allah.

ass salaamu alaykum

i beleive that this is the next question inshaAllah ppl!!.......

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 01:43 PM
LOL, everything is better on the right, as for the daleel :X

Dhulqarnaeen
07-16-2006, 04:02 PM
A good brothers and sisters certainly have a better quality of understanding, its because their heart full of Nuur of iman. Masha Allah walhamdulillah. Theres hikmah behind everyhting and every little things is a lesson. Allahumma as'aluka 'ilman nafi'a, amin.

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 04:06 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

your gonna have to bare with us while we find a hadeeth to fit your question inshaAllah akhee!!...
but i guess you wear the hadeeth on your right....like Abd' Majid!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 04:08 PM
i remember once reading that when something is from the left (or maybe started from the left) or something like that is from the shaytaan and starting from the right is a blessing.

i dunno if its a sahih hadeeth coz i read like a million books containing tons of hadith and my minds a bit mixed up right now.

but inshaAllah if i come across it i'll let u kno. Its very hard to find it, quite an obscure hadith...

Dhulqarnaeen
07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Bro Abd Majid....about your signature...well akheel kareem, If you dont mind, I just wanna remind you, that If Im not mistaken, that word (Assalamualaika yaa Rasulullah, wasalam alaika yaa habibullah) is from the suufi' song. Its their i'tikad in their ibadah. As if theyre seeing Rasulullah with their own eyes. Or maybe its from hadith? :rollseyes Im not sure. But if its really from suufis song then I it would be best if you take it off akhee, cause its not manfaat to let anybody see it. Cause that means we also support their bid'ah in shalawat. Mmmm...just a sugestion akhee, correct me if Im wrong insha Allah. Wallahu taufiq

umm-sulaim
07-16-2006, 05:04 PM
i wanted to say something similar about bro Abd'Majid's sig not the first part mashaAllah! the "salaamu alayka rasuulullaah...." i too thought this was like from the sayings of the suufiyyah too,
also its not been collected that the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam was "habeeb Allah" and theres no daleel to say that he was called this by anyone (in sound ahaadeeth)
waAllahu a3lam,

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 05:34 PM
jazakAllah khair for attempting to correct me but before i take it off just wanted to say, my intention was to send peace and my dua's upon the prophet saws, just wondering... should i still take it off?

umm-sulaim
07-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Wa iyyaak,you're right innamal a3maal binniyaat, verily actions are but by intentions...but then isn't the best actions those closer to the sunnah akhee?
Perhaps you could send peace and blessings to the prophet through the ways he showed us alayhi salaatu wasalaam.
May Allah reward your efforts,
InshaAllah if you want i can get you the ahadeeth that show us the ways the prophet told us to send peace and blessings upon him...?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 08:56 PM
^ Ye ukhtee i would appreciate that a lot :)

JazakAllah khair!!!

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 08:59 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

y'know, i was gonna tell you the same thing aswell b4, but i thought i might just :X if i don't have the daleel to back me up!! :heated:
but alhamdulillah it's good to see other ppl have broughten it to light!! :happy:

anyways...

i'm still searchin' for proof for the wearing the rwacth on the right!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 09:48 PM
for future reference;

wallahi i really appreciate each and every advice and bit of knowledge so dont hold back or feel bad or anything to correct me inshaaAllah

jazakAllah khair :)

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 09:54 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

okay inshaAllah akhee will do so!! :)
...i know that sum ppl get perky when they're advised!!...so i just try to avoid that!! :happy:...it's nice to see you're willing to listen up though!! :peace:
i just thought it'd be better to bring a daleel in aswell!!...

so dont hold back or feel bad or anything to correct me inshaaAllah
like wise inshaAllah!! :peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
jazakAllah khair, keep in mind i will never ever reject an authentic hadith or quranic ayyat, throw one o those at me and fear nothing inshaAllah, i'll try doing the same lol :p

wa barakAllah feekum :)

PS: even if u dont have daleel, jus gimme the advice so im saved from sin inshaAllah :)

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 09:59 PM
ass salamu alaykum....

just tellin' yeah.....
jazakAllah khair
for a female you say ...jazaakillah!!....^^^ that is when your saying it directly to males!!..
a group would be jazaakumullaahu kahyr!! :p
and a group of females would be jazaakunnallaahu khayr!!

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 10:01 PM
jazakAllah khair, keep in mind i will never ever reject an authentic hadith or quranic ayyat, throw one o those at me and fear nothing inshaAllah, i'll try doing the same lol :p

wa barakAllah feekum :)

PS: even if u dont have daleel, jus gimme the advice so im saved from sin inshaAllah :)

ass salaamu alaykum

nice to hear that akhee :thumbs_up!!...will do inshaAllah!!

now.....i'm stuck on that hadeeth!! :?:? ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 10:04 PM
lol k jazakallah khair ;D ;D lol jk jazakimullah khair :)

hey wat does tabarakallah mean:?

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 10:05 PM
lol k jazakallah khair ;D ;D lol jk jazakimullah khair :)

hey wat does tabarakallah mean:?
ass salaamu alaykum

i'll post this up in the arabic translit thread for ya....^^ just wanna add ...jazzkimullah ...don't make sense! ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 10:09 PM
LOL i meant jazakillah :hiding: :embarrass

amirah_87
07-16-2006, 10:11 PM
ass salamu alykum

NO probs akhee!!! :peace:

umm-sulaim
07-16-2006, 10:27 PM
for future reference;

wallahi i really appreciate each and every advice and bit of knowledge so dont hold back or feel bad or anything to correct me inshaaAllah

jazakAllah khair :)

same applies for me too nshaAllah.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Lol...I have slept for hours and you still dont write the answer yet guys? :D And where is the 'alimah sis Maw-hafidhahallah-? :rollseyes Lol and also youre too 'alimah sis UmmSulaim and sis Amirah-hafidhahunnallah-, How do I know? Cause some one who have been studied in DAmmaj or graduated from there maybe they have hifdh Qur'an 30 juz in their head, and maybe they have remember hadith from books such as aqeedah wasithiyyah, thohawiyyah, or umdatul ahkam, etc. I heard that from my ustadh :eek:. I wanna go to Dammaj too actually, or maybe settled in Madinah to mulazamah in shuyukhs majlis, oneday insha Allah, I will bring my family to there oneday insha Allah :rollseyes . Right now I have to help my father with his works, masha Allah.
Ok...I think I will answer it ok, so the next question can be rolling insha Allah, so as I remember that theres no specified hadith that said about we have to wear watch in the right hand I think. Just that hadith from Aisha (if Im not mistaken) that Rasulullah like to use right hand to do a good things, yeah only this hadith and another hadith about we have to use right hand to do something good, hadith ammah. And from this Syaikh Albani said that we have to wear watch in our right hand, cause wearing watch is a good job so its should wore by the right hand. And we do dirty work by the left hand. :) Maybe someone wll add my answer? Well...I answered my own question yee :? is it allowed?

Here is the new question:
"TELL ME SUNNAH IN YAWNING"???
Ps. Why the other gank of yours, sis nawal doesnt interested to join this thread? :nervous:
Ps no. 2. Thats great akhee that you willing to accept advices masha Allah, jazakallah kahyr, hadith said "If Allah want a benefit for His slave, wa faqihu fiddien, then He will make him understand dien", and explanation of ulama, its from the teacher of al imam Asy Syafi'i rahimahullah, Al Imam Waqi' that said "Ilm is a light, and no way a light will mix with ma'siyah", so thats explain the quality inside of you bro AbdMadjid -hafidhakallah- :thankyou: May Allah make us on the right path till we die,amin.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Ooh bro abd...here is another request about your signature. :D I have said AMIN for that :) So if its really happen insha Allah, and you can be sacrificed in Islam (I hope and pray we all too), dont forget to give your washilah for me ok ;D Cause a mujahid can give washilah for persons that He want so they can enter jannah too :) If Im not mistaken 70 persons that He wish. I ever read the hadith but its just doesnt exist in my head right now. Can someone bring the hadeeth for our bro here? Insha Allah. And also pllllllleeeeeeeeease also correct me if Im wrong too and dont be hesitant insha Allah. I remember someone who can give advice to me so nicely masha Allah :hmm: Missing

umm-sulaim
07-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok these are from sifat salaatu nabee- (these are for salaah...)
1.Narrated by ka3ab bin 3ujza may Allah be pleased with him said:o messenger of Allah we laready know how to great you, so how do we send prayers upon you ? he said say "allahumma salli 3alaa muhammadin wa 3alaa aali muhammadin kamaa sallayta 3alaa ibraaheema wa 3alaa aali ibraaheema innaka 7ameedun majeed, wa baarik 3alaa muhammadin, kamaa baarakta3alaa ibraaheema wa 3alaa aali ibraaheema innaka 7ameedun majeed-Bukhari Muslim.
O Allah send prayers upon muhammad and upon the family of muhammad like you sent prayers upon ibraheem and upon the family of ibraheem verily you are praiseworthy,glorious.
And send blessings upon muhammed and the family of muhammed, as you sent blessings upon ibraaheem and the family of ibraaheem, verily you are praiseworthy gloriuos.

2."Allahumma salli 3alaa muhammdin wa 3alaa azwajihi wa dhurriyyatahu kamaa sallaytaa 3alaa ibraaheem innaka 7ameedun majeed wa baarik 3alaa muhammadin wa 3alaa azwaajihi wa dhurriyyatihi kamaa baarakta 3alaa ibraaheema innaka hameedun majeed."
O Allah send prayers upon muhammad and upon his wives and offsprings, as you sent prayers upon ibraaheem, verily you are praiseworthy,glorious.
and send blessings upon muhammed and upon his wives and offsprings, as you sent blessings upon ibraaheem, verily you are praiseworthy, glorious.
Bukhari muslim

3.Allahumma salli 3alaa muhammadin annabee al ummi wa 3alaa aali muhammdin kamaa sallayta 3alaa aal ibraaheema, waa baarik 3alaa muhammdin annabee al ummee wa 3alaa aali muhammadin kamaa baarakta 3alaa aali ibraaheema fil 3aalameena innaka hameedun majeed.
O Allah send prayers upon muhammed the illeterate prophet and upon his family, like you sent prayers upon the family of ibraaheema, and send blesings upon muhammed the illeterate prophet and upon the family of muhammed, as you sent blessings upon the family of ibraahem (fil 3aalameen-need help with that),verily you are praiseworthy,glorious.
muslim.

4.Allahumma salli 3alaa muhammadin 3abduka wa rasuuluka, kamaa sallayta 3alaa aali ibraaheema, wa baarik 3alaa muhammadin 3abduka wa rasuuluka wa 3alaaa aali muhammadin, kamaa baarakta 3alaa ibraaheema wa 3alaa aali ibraahemm.
O Allah send prayers upon muhammed your slave and messenger, as you sent prayers upon ibraaheem, and send blessings upon muhammed your slave and messenger and upon the family of muhammed, as you sent blessings upon ibraaheem and the family of ibraaheem,
bukhari.

Al7aafidh bin hajar raheemahuAllah was asked about using the lafdh "sayyid" -sir/master, to send prayers an peace upon the prophet, he replied: that alghaadhi 3iyaaadh wrote a book on the method of the prophets prayers and in it he collected ahadeeth and aathaar (sayings from the taabi3een) and theres no mention of the lafdh "sayyidinaa"
also al imaam anawawee says alsawaab the correct way in which we should keep to is Allahumma salli 3alaa muhammadin wa 3alaa aali muhammadin.....alhadeeth.
same for habeeb, but i don't remeber where i got that faa'ida-point from
sis and bro's...benefit us please if you have anything.
also sending prayers upon the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam is encouraged as the prophet alayhi salaaatu wassalaam said "man sallaa 3alayya marratan sallalaahu 3alayhi 3asharah"
whoever sends prayers upon me once Allah sends prayers upon him ten times.
hopefully sis mawaddah and amira can help out here,
I hope these are useful to you inshaAllah.

umm-sulaim
07-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Just that hadith from Aisha (if Im not mistaken) that Rasulullah like to use right hand to do a good things,

Here is the new question:
"TELL ME SUNNAH IN YAWNING"???
Ps. Why the other gank of yours, sis nawal doesnt interested to join this thread? :nervous:
yes its hadeeth |Aisha radhiyaAllahu anhaa " kaana annabee yu3jibuhu attayammun fi tana33ulihee wa tarrajjulihee wa fee sha'nihee kullihee"
The prophet was marvelled by starting with the right in putting his shoes on combing his hair and in all of his affairs, bukhari and muslim.

Sunnah of yawning: is to cover your mouth or to surpress it as much as you can,
the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said narrated by abee hurayra "wa amma attathaa'ub fa innama huwa mina ashaytaan fa idha tathaa'ab a7adukum falyarudhu mastataa3, fa inna ahadakum idhaa tathaa'ab dha7ika minhu ashaytaan, bukhari. I think its in muslim too...(help plz) ?
and as for yawning then verily its from the shaytaan, so if any of you yawn reject it as much as you can, for verily shaytaan laughs at it,

Anawawee said from the manners of reading the qur'aan is to stop if you yawn so that you don't change the meanings of Allahs words.

Yes Nawaal please join us!!

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

Laa ilaaha ililalaah.....how can that hadeeth slip my mind :hiding: :offended:

Allaahu Musta3aan!! :heated:

okay i just want to add a two more ahaadeeth on from the sunah of the yawning/at-tathaa'ub!!

hadeeth abi hurairah radiyalaahu 3anhu that the prpohet salalaahu 3alayhi wasallam:
verily Allah loves the sneezings and hates the yawnings, so if anyone sneezes he should say Alhamdulillah & it is upon every muslim who hears him to say at-tashmeet/yarhamakallah!
as for at-tathaa'ub/the yawnings for verily it is from the shaytaan, he should reject it as much as he can.for if he says..."haaa" the shaytaan laughs at him!!...al-bukhaari

Nawal89
07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
i'll try to be active in this thread inshaAllah. MashaAllah it's a really mumtaaz one. I bet Amirah knows why i didnt join this thread before :X

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
ass salamu alykum

Sis!!......yeah it's great!!...cum on board inshaAllah!! .............:X

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Next Question inshaAllah :

Is it Sunnah for a man to wear a ring ?

wa alaykum ass salaam:peace:

afriend
07-17-2006, 03:05 PM
:w: It is sunnah to wear a ring on the right hand on the finger next to the middle finger....the one in between the smallest and the middle...

Hazrat Ibn Umar radiallahu anhu says that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhe wasallam had a ring made of silver. He used it as a seal (Stamp) on letters etc., but did not wear it.

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 03:09 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

MashAllah akhee!!...:peace:

Allaahu aalam, but i reacall there being anther hadeeth by Anas bin Malik that the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi awssalam usd to take his ring off b4 he entered the toilet.
That was becauseit had "Laa Ilaaha IllaLaah"...on it

Allaahu a3lam!!....

Next Question akhee...and jazaakallah for takin' part!!

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 03:41 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i'm gonna leave this place and never come back if y'all don't get your butts backs!!! :rant: :rant:

Nawal89
07-17-2006, 03:43 PM
^poost up another question :rollseyes

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 03:44 PM
ass salaamu laykum

Iqram was meant to, but he forgot i guess...and where's a Maw AND BrO Abd Majid today!!....they just wonderin' bout!!....;D

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 03:45 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

you ask the next question inshaAllah Nawal!!

Nawal89
07-17-2006, 03:51 PM
ok i dunno how to put the question..

Whats the sunnah of sitting down with a group of people? How do you aproacch them? Where do you sit?
okkeeeeh. i'm waiting for the answers inshaAllah :D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2006, 03:54 PM
theres a hadith which says that the prophet saws always use to stand out "least" in a gathering. He always use to sit in between umar RA and abu bakr RA. Exactly how he use to sit someone else can answer inshaAllah.

amirah_87
07-17-2006, 09:48 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

how do you approach them...with salams isn't it ukhti...
hadeeth abu hurairah a muslim has 6 rights upon a muslim and he mentioned from those 6...idaa laqeyta akheeka fassallim 3alayhi...if you cum across your brther/sister give him salaams...

as for where do you sit:?...i have no daleel for it!!, but i beleive akhuuna's answer here covers it!!

umm-sulaim
07-18-2006, 06:44 AM
assalamu alaykum,
ok sis nawaal, i have a hadeeth but i'm not sure of the sa7aabi.....so this is gonna be jawaaban gaasiran jiddan,
hadeeth u nabi alayhi salaatu wassalaam when 3 men enetered a majlis, one came in and sat where he found space, the other sat at the back, and if i'm not mistaken the third left...then the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said as for the first one ...alhadeeth,
i really don't remeber it so plz help me out here inshaAllah.
shukran jazeelan,wassalaam.

amirah_87
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
ass salaamu laykum

Ooo myyy Big Sis is that qaasir/short or what!! :giggling:

as for that hadeeth, i think it's in al-adab al-mufrad!!

i'll check inshaAllah!! :peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 12:38 PM
ass salaamu laykum

Ooo myyy Big Sis is that qaasir or what!! :giggling:

as for that hadeeth, i think it's in al-adab al-mufrad!!

i'll check inshaAllah!! :peace:
i think i read that before in either sahih/muslim or bukhari, "I THINK" SubhanAllah, let me find it inshaAllah.

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 1, Book 3, Number 66:

Narrated Abu Waqid Al-Laithi:
While Allah's Apostle was sitting in the mosque with some people, three men came. Two of them came in front of Allah's Apostle and the third one went away. The two persons kept on standing before Allah's Apostle for a while and then one of them found a place in the circle and sat there while the other sat behind the gathering, and the third one went away. When Allah's Apostle finished his preaching, he said, "Shall I tell you about these three persons? One of them be-took himself to Allah, so Allah took him into His grace and mercy and accommodated him, the second felt shy from Allah, so Allah sheltered Him in His mercy (and did not punish him), while the third turned his face from Allah and went away, so Allah turned His face from him likewise. "

:D

amirah_87
07-18-2006, 12:44 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

JazaakAllaahu khayran akhee, and here i was still searchin' :(

Give us the next question plz :happy:

BarkAllaahu feek :peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 12:47 PM

Next:

Please provide Daleel for the sunnah of eating.

Mainly:

1.How much should be ate?
2.Who has priority when it comes to eating?
ie; the neighbour/the children/the mother

:wasalamex

umm-sulaim
07-18-2006, 12:48 PM
i think i read that before in either sahih/muslim or bukhari, "I THINK" SubhanAllah, let me find it inshaAllah.

:D

Yeah this is the hadeeth i meant, thanks, baarakAllahu feek.

Mawaddah
07-18-2006, 01:46 PM

Next:

Please provide Daleel for the sunnah of eating.

Mainly:

1.How much should be ate?
2.Who has priority when it comes to eating?
ie; the neighbour/the children/the mother

:wasalamex
Hmmm.........We did a question similar to this before further back in the thread right? :?

But about how much should be eaten.
Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said " The Beleiver eats with one stomach and the Disbeleiver eats with seven " ( Meaning that the beleiver only eats that which suffices him )

And another hadeeth " Verily the worst vessel which can be filled is the stomach, one should only eat enough to sustain him, but if he feels the need to eat more then let him keep 1/3 of his stomach for food, 1/3 for water and 1/3 for air "

As for who is given priority in the eating......

Well if you have guests then the guests should eat first. The hadeeth of Salmaan al-Faarisi when he gave Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam some dates as a gift, Rasulullah distributed the dates first amongst his fellow companions and then ate what was left.

Oh!! And the parents should be given priority in eating. The hadeeth of the three men who were trapped in the cave, then one of the men said " Ya Allah there was a time when my father desired to drink milk, so I went and got the milk but when I returned he had fallen asleep, I did not wish to rouse him from his sleep so I waited by his bedside holding the bowl of milk and did not give it to my children even though they were crying from hunger"

Is that enough? And was my answer correct?

I'll take the next question Insha'allah!!

What was the Sunnah of Rasulullah when releiving himself? errr.......or should I say, what are the etiquettes of going to the bathroom?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 03:28 PM
mashAllah sis that was very beneficial jazakAllah khair

Bathroom Ettiquettes and Sunnah

SAHIH MUSLIM
Book 002, Number 0518:
Anas b. Malik reported: When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered the privy, a servant and I used to carry a skin of water, and a pointed staff, and he would cleanse himself with water
Always cleanse yourself with water after your busines :X

Sunnan Abu Dawud
Book 1, Number 0030:
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

When the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) came out of the privy, he used to say: "Grant me Thy forgiveness."
So one should say "Ghufraanaka" when coming out of the toilet. :X

Bukhari
Before entering one should say:

"O Allah, I seek protection in you from the male and female unclean spirits.

Next:
What is the sunnah regarding clothing?

1. How many clothes should we keep?
2. What invocations should be said when putting on/taking off clothes?

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 08:21 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

Sorry for not replying a.s.a.p akhee :(
i don't know if anybody has any proof to the above questions cause i don't :hiding:.
I know that it is not necessary to keep alotta clothes and all..but no proof!!
wallaahul musta3aan!!
as for the second question of yours bout the suplication when one...i have one but no takhreej and no shaabiy...:X
Allamhdulillahil ladiy kasaaniy hadaa wa razaqaneeyhi min ghayr quwwatin liy wa laa hawlah!!!

if you have an answer to the first question and all, i'd really like to hear it!!:happy:

barakAllaahu feek:peace:

Helena
07-20-2006, 08:43 AM
erm....maybe i have the answers to majid questions.....

regarding the sunnah of clothing:

The prophet loved the colour white clothing, (Trimidhi)

When putting on any garments, put on the right sleeve or the leg first then the left.(Trimidhi)

Do not allow the lower garment to hang below the ankles as a sign of pride or carefreeness. As Allah(swt) becomes displeased with such a person.

When wearing new clothes recite this du'a:

Alhamdu lillahi-ladhi kasani, Hadhath-thawba wa razaqanihi min ghayri hawlim minni wa la quwwah. ( All praise is due to Allah who gave me this cloth to wear and granted me this without my exerting any effort or strengh.)

it is suunah to wear a topi(cap) under the turban

If one does not wear the turban then to wear a topi is still a sunnah.

When removing any item of clothing, first remove its left half, then the right.

First put on the right shoe, then the left. (Bukhari, muslim, abu dawud)

When removing the shoes, first remove the left then the right.(Bukhari, muslim, abu dawud)

okay is dat correct?

nxt question:

sunnah of the hair? Has this question been asked before?

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 08:47 AM
ass salaamu laykum

Masjid Question where's that Sis!!??

i think that the hair question's been asked b4, but that's okay Sis!! :happy:

thanx for your participation Sis;)

BarakAllaahu feek:peace:

Helena
07-20-2006, 08:53 AM
LOL..sis..i meant abd majid questions.......

once in a while i participate, jus to expand my knowledge further on the beautiful sunnah of our prophet(saw)...

ohhh..the questions has already been asked....will someone do it again by any chance?

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 08:57 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOL!...i don't see it Sis!!!...wheer 'bouts is it!!

yeah sum1'll do it again....i'll try to answer it aswell inshaAllah to the best of my ability :D

barakAllaahu feek Sis!!

Helena
07-20-2006, 09:09 AM
okay am confused...

What is the sunnah regarding clothing?

1. How many clothes should we keep?
2. What invocations should be said when putting on/taking off clothes?[/B]
[/QUOTE]

sis these are the questions he asked...that i kinda replied....lol

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
ass salaykum

Aaaaaah i see, i thought you said "i have the answer to masjid question".....sorry i need glasses i know!! :uhwhat

LOL..sis..i meant abd majid questions.......
andthat's what you meant huh?

sorry about that Sis!!....you can give the next question inshaAllah ;)

BarakAllaahu feek :peace:

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 05:02 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

sunnah of the hair?
this is Sis Helena's next question inshaAllah ppl :)

wa alaykum ass salaam

PS:i think the flame of this thread is dying out real fast, c'mon ppl....lets keep it up inshaAllah!!

Mawaddah
07-21-2006, 12:44 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

this is Sis Helena's next question inshaAllah ppl :)

wa alaykum ass salaam

PS:i think the flame of this thread is dying out real fast, c'mon ppl....lets keep it up inshaAllah!!
I think everyone is just taking a vacation possibly...........at least in my case :D

So the Sunnah of the Hair :

First of all we were ordered to take care of our hair in the best manner. Rasulullah said " Whoever of you has hair then let him take care of it "

And Rasulullah used to part his hair in the middle, There is a hadeet which mentioned that Rasulullah used to like to imitate the People of the Book in those actions for which there are no ruling in Islaam so he used to let his hair fall on the front of his face until it was forbidden to follow the People of the Book, then Rasulullah started parting his hair in the Middle.

When cutting the hair, one should either cut all of it or leave all of it Otherwise if he cuts some and leaves some, it w ould fall under the category of Qaz3 from which Rasulullah forbade us.
Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’, i.e., shaving parts of a boy’s hair and leaving other parts.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a boy who had some of his hair shaved and some left; he forbade them from doing that and said: “Shave it all or leave it all.”

Ok Next Question!!

What is the Sunnah when cleaning a bowl from which a dog has drank.......and also from which a Cat has Drank?

amirah_87
07-21-2006, 12:45 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah!!....guess so....:(

anyays Maw...i hearda ahaadeeth to do with the dog but not a cat...you sure 'bout the cat:?

Mawaddah
07-21-2006, 01:02 PM
^ That's the trick right there :D do you have to wash the bowl special with a cat? and If yes or no what is the reason? :D

amirah_87
07-21-2006, 01:03 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Hahahaa...okay sis!!!...i get ya ;)

amirah_87
07-21-2006, 08:05 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i'll try to answer your question inshaAllah,

The sunnah for cleansing the a utensil that a dog has drank from is to was it 7 times...the first one with sand(turaab)..
there is ikhtilaaf on how many times the utensil shouyld be washed...
some of them say it's mustahabb/sunnah..some say it should only be washed three times , the most mushuur(famous)/authentic of them all is that it should be washed 7 times the seventh with turaa(sand/dirt)....

Narrated by abu haurairah radiyallaahu 3anhu...that the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wasallam said: purify your utensils if a dog has dranken/dribbled in it, wash it seven times the first one with sand/dirt!

the Ulamaah have said:
The hikmah for the first wash to be with sand/dirt if i can recall properly is that ....the turaab has some manaafi3 in it for purification..

and Allahu subhaanau ta3aalaa knows best!!........

as for the cat Maw....lam yurad hadeeth fee hukm hadhaa ....sahh !!:happy:

wa alaykum ass salaam:peace:

Mawaddah
07-22-2006, 10:34 AM
^ Yes that's correct Princess!!

The saliva of the dog is Najis, which is why we are ordered to wash the bowl from which they drink, first with dirt and then seven times with water.

As for cats, well their saliva is not Najis and they are not Najis.....these are some Hadeeth :

A woman brought some hareesah (a kind of food) to ‘Aa’ishah and found her praying. ‘Aa’ishah gestured to her that she should put it down. Then a cat came and ate some of it. When ‘Aa’ishah had finished praying, she ate from where the cat had eaten and said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doing wudoo’ with water from which a cat had drunk.”Sunan Abi Daawood

Next Question then Princess? :happy:

amirah_87
07-22-2006, 01:15 PM
ASS SALAAMU LAYKUM

OKAY NEXT QUESTION BRO'S & SISTERS WOULD BE:

GIMME ANYTHING YOU KNOW OF ON THE SALAAT AS-SAFR (AL-QASR)...??

BARAKALLAHU FEEKUM :peace:

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 04:38 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

you guys have given up huh!!......;D

cum ooon guys plzzzzz :(:(:(

BTW: anyone seen bro Dhul around:?:?.....last time he was mountain climbin' sumwhere in indo then a tsunami hit it....and now he ain't been on for a while :-\

hope he's alright inshaAllah.....:peace:

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 04:51 PM
ASS SALAAMU LAYKUM

OKAY NEXT QUESTION BRO'S & SISTERS WOULD BE:

GIMME ANYTHING YOU KNOW OF ON THE SALAAT AS-SAFR (AL-QASR)...??

BARAKALLAHU FEEKUM :peace:
Salatul Qasr.. hmm

ok..shortening your salat starts from once you pass the boarder of your country....

then you either do jam'3 taqdeem or ta'kheer.
the qasr only applies to dhuhr and asr, mahgrib and ishaa. Not to fajr.
Also, qasr assalah fissafar, is wajib, but according to Aishah (ra) it's only sunnah mu'akkadah. It was recorded that she used to pray all 5 salats when she was travelling.

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 04:54 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

d'you know how long the qasr lasts for....i heard only for four days, .:?:?:?

i forgot...but there was ikhtilaaf in how long it's limited for:?

jazaakillaahu khayran ukhtiy..;)

umm-sulaim
07-24-2006, 08:55 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

you guys have given up huh!!......;D

cum ooon guys plzzzzz :(:(:(

BTW: anyone seen bro Dhul around:?:?.....last time he was mountain climbin' sumwhere in indo then a tsunami hit it....and now he ain't been on for a while :-\

hope he's alright inshaAllah.....:peace:
Allahumma sallim sallim!

No ain't given up just been a bit of a la3abbah these days, i'll answer it soon sis you know my day lol..........

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 10:29 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

that's kool big sis, just don't want ppl giving up on this thread if you know what i mean:-\

It's good revision for all of us and if we don't know it we resaerch it which also helps to increase our knowledge of the sunnah!!...

I'll be waiting for your reply inshaAlllah.....;)

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 10:31 PM
theres a short risaalah for sheikh muqbil rahimahullah and qasrussalaah fissafar.

i cant find it anywehre! :grumbling

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 10:35 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah i think we have one of the sumwhere on the bookshelves stacked up!!!....very small book right!!

Mawaddah
07-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah it's a teeny tiny book........*sigh* I'm just so lazy these days and I cant concentrate on my studying, I bet the Shaitaan is rolling over with laughter at us lazy Taalibaat 3ilm

We gotta make a move man!! :mad:

So someone give the next question so I can do some research on it Insha'allah?
As for how long actually that salaat al-Qasr lasts, I heard opinions of, as long as we are on travel and we are not sure how long we are going to stay there, then we continue to combine our prayers.
However if we already know for sure when we are going to stay on travel and when we are going to return and all of that, then it is 3 days.
Allahu A3lam, I have to do research on that.

So next question pleasssssse??? :)

Nawal89
07-25-2006, 01:16 PM
another question related to safr.

If you're travelling how long is it allowed for you to do mash alal khuffain (wiping over your socks)?

a easy question i know but i couldnt think of anything else :-\

IbnAbdulHakim
07-25-2006, 01:18 PM
BTW: anyone seen bro Dhul around.....last time he was mountain climbin' sumwhere in indo then a tsunami hit it....and now he ain't been on for a while
WHAT!!! SUBHANALLAH

Everyone please make dua for bro dhul :'(

Mawaddah
07-25-2006, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
WHAT!!! SUBHANALLAH

Everyone please make dua for bro dhul :'(
Insha'allah Bro Dhul is okay........I think he mentioned somewhere in this forum where he was going, and it was nowhere near the place where the tsunami hit.......but he hasn't been online for a long time either........:uhwhat

INsha'allah he's ok.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-25-2006, 01:25 PM
inshaAllah!!! Bro dhul is one of the main reasons i loved this thread!! oh man...

Mawaddah
07-25-2006, 01:29 PM
^ and so is that why I noticed you kinda quit this thread since bro Dhul stopped posting?...................not fair man.

amirah_87
07-25-2006, 01:33 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Yeah we should all make duaah for him!!!.....

I'm just so lazy these days and I cant concentrate on my studying, I bet the Shaitaan is rolling over with laughter at us lazy Taalibaat 3ilm
I BET HE IS!! .......;D;D
Maw!!...cut the slack!!...

Bro dhul is one of the main reasons i loved this thread!!
so lemme see, your gonna start becoming active on here again as soon as bro Dhul comes back :-\

Mawaddah
07-25-2006, 01:38 PM
so lemme see, your gonna start becoming active on here again as soon as bro Dhul comes back
^ Not fair innit Princess? :mad:

And Princesssssssss the next question was : How long can we wipe over our socks in Travel, and what's the Daleel? :)

amirah_87
07-25-2006, 01:43 PM
ass salamu alykum

and so is that why I noticed you kinda quit this thread since bro Dhul stopped posting?...................not fair man.
[QUOTE]Not fair innit Princess?[QUOTE]
No it isn't Maw!!...not fair at all!!! :-\

And Princesssssssss the next question was : How long can we wipe over our socks in Travel, and what's the Daleel?

Ok Maw, i'll try answering, i kinda given up aswell...lost interest!!...don't seem to have that old spark i had with this thread!!...but i'll do my best!!
even if i gotta ask the question and post the answer up myself...i'll do that!! :(:(

amirah_87
07-25-2006, 02:39 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

okay the answer to your question: How long can we wipe over our socks/khifaaf whilst we are on safr?

answer:
we can wipe on them three days and their nights according to hadeeth Ali ibn abi taalib that the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wasallam the porphet made for the musaafir three days and their nights to wipe upon their socks, and a night and it's day for the muqeem (the one who's not on safr)...MUSLIM!

okay Ibnul mundir in his kitaab al-awsad said :
as for when should you start counting (your days) for wiping on your socks, there's ikthilaaf (the has been a difference of opinion).
a group (of ulamaah) have said it's sunnah for him to start counting as soon as he wipes on his socks..and this is also the qawl of Ahmed ibnu Hanbal.
and the hujjah/proof for those who say ^^ that qawl is the hadeeth that i mentioned hadeeth Ali....the musaafir wipes over his socks for three days...etc
they say that it is clear from this hadeeth that it shows the timing starts from the time of the first wipe..(waqt al-mash)

and this is the conclusion that our Shiekh Muqbil and Al-Uthaimeen rahimahumullah have come to , and also our shiekh Yahya ibn Ali al-hujuuree!!

Intihaal muraad :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.