/* */

PDA

View Full Version : QUIZ: How much SUNNAH do U KNOW?!?!?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dhulqarnaeen
06-21-2006, 02:57 AM
:sl:
Lets have questions eachother about sunnah that you know and PERHAPS someone dont know about this sunnah. Please give proves from Quran and sunnah with your answers if possible.
[BANANA]ok START![/BANANA]
1. Do U know that we should move our fingers while sitting praying in tasyahud?
2. Is it sunnah to kiss our parents hands to respect them? :brother:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-21-2006, 09:47 AM

Fast every monday and thursday.

jameelash
06-21-2006, 03:34 PM
salam-moving fingers in tasahud is considered sunna by those who follow hanbal Imam.Imam shafi and Imam hanafi and their followers doesnot move their fingers in tasahud.
secondly sis do u have any source for the sunnah of kissing the parents hand?
i have heard so, but no source

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
:salamext:

umm.. we are suppose 2 b askin each other questions right? and answering wiv proof? Alhamdullilah great thread!

SUNNAN ABU DAWUD
Book 41, Number 5206:
Narrated al-Wazi' ibn Zari':

Umm Aban, daughter of al-Wazi' ibn Zari', quoting his grandfather, who was a member of the deputation of AbdulQays, said: When we came to Medina, we raced to be first to dismount and kiss the hand and foot of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). But al-Mundhir al-Ashajj waited until he came to the bundle of his clothes. He put on his two garments and then he went to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him).

He said to him: You have two characteristics which Allah likes: gentleness and deliberation.

He asked: Have I acquired them or has Allah has created (them) my nature? He replied: No, Allah has created (them) in your nature.

He then said: Praise be to Allah Who has created in my nature two characteristics which Allah and His Apostle like.

^ But is any1 like rasullulah that we should kiss there hands? Personally i see nothing wrong wiv it but it has to be some1 extremely close and pious... Allahu Allam!

Is it better to embrace or just hand-shake?

:wasalamex:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Wow Great thread Brother.

Some Ulama say that we move our fingers in Tashahhud and some say no. However since there are saheeh hadeeth for both, they should be done from time to time Wallahu A'lam and there is no harm in doing just one. I personally dont move it.

As for kissing the parents hands, I dont know if it is sunnah? I never heard of it being sunnah, but it's allowed as a sign of respect Wallahu A'lam.

Is it better to embrace or just hand-shake?
Oh I'm not too sure about this one....but I know that both of them are ok since there are hadeeth that came about both. For example.:

It was narrated that al-Bara’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no two Muslims who meet and shake hands, but they will be forgiven before they part.” Narrated by Abu Dawood and Ahmad; narrated and classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi; also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood

Al-Tabaraani narrated with a jayyid isnaad from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: When the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) met, they would shake hands, and when they came from a journey they would embrace one another.”

What is the Sunnah when pertaining to cure from the Evil eye?

muslim_friend
06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Some Ulama say that we move our fingers in Tashahhud and some say no. However since there are saheeh hadeeth for both, they should be done from time to time Wallahu A'lam and there is no harm in doing just one. I personally dont move it
I have a book by Sheikh Al-Albani. it contains all sahih hadith, and this is mentioned in it. its an estabilished sunnah. i move it up-down, but i dont know the correct way. you know, this is equivalent to applying iron rods to shaytaan.

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 04:58 PM
^ Sheikh Albani says it's ok to do both ways also? Also can you tell me which book this is please?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 05:42 PM

SAHIH BUKHARI
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 590:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet used to seek Refuge with Allah for Al-Hasan and Al-Husain and say: "Your forefather (i.e. Abraham) used to seek Refuge with Allah for Ishmael and Isaac by reciting the following: 'O Allah! I seek Refuge with Your Perfect Words from every devil and from poisonous pests and from every evil, harmful, envious eye.' "

^ Not sure but is seeking refuge enuff to have it cured?

QUESTION:
What is a person to do according to sunnah when obligated to socialize with the kuffar on a daily basis? what must be remembered and upheld?

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

[B]SAHIH BUKHARI
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 590:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet used to seek Refuge with Allah for Al-Hasan and Al-Husain and say: "Your forefather (i.e. Abraham) used to seek Refuge with Allah for Ishmael and Isaac by reciting the following: 'O Allah! I seek Refuge with Your Perfect Words from every devil and from poisonous pests and from every evil, harmful, envious eye.' "

:
No......this is seeking refuge, I was asking for cures.......

Ok look at these hadeeth for cures from evil eye.

Abu Dawood narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The person who had put the evil eye on another would be ordered to do wudoo’, then the person who had been afflicted would wash himself (with that water). This was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani

So this is the cure for evil eye that Rasulullah informed us about Insha'allah.

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 07:20 PM
QUESTION:
What is a person to do according to sunnah when obligated to socialize with the kuffar on a daily basis? what must be remembered and upheld?
Are you asking for Daleel also? Well what is from the sunnah is that a person should not be overly friendly with them but keep relations with them only to the point which is necessary. But be kind towards them and give them gifts and Da'wah in order to open their hearts towards Islam..... "“Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity”

How many different types of Ruqyah are there according to Sunnah?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 08:10 PM

umm... whats ruqya? :heated:

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 08:12 PM
ruqya..is like when you read quraan on someone....like if sumone has jinn for instance..or ayn..

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ruqya..is like when you read quraan on someone....like if sumone has jinn for instance..or ayn..

You mean like diff situations in which quran can help?

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 08:16 PM
i think sis Maw means how many different types of ways!!:?:?
....i'm confused with her question too :?:?..i'm gonna wait till she comes back on insha'allah!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 08:19 PM

ok! Well in the mean time!!

Question:
How does one perform a "perfect" ablution?

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Ooops, is my question that confusing :X

I dont know how to explain Ruqyah except that it is curing by the Qur'an or Du'a, but then that would take out the meaning of my question sooooo....

I'm going to change the question ok?

According to the Sunnah what do we do when we see a snake in the house?

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 08:24 PM
How does one perform a "perfect" ablution?
Oops I missed the question......but what type of question is that? according to the sunnah of course!!

Abdullah4ever
06-21-2006, 08:29 PM

Hmm... Well there are the fardh of wudu which is commanded in surah Ma'idah which is:

1) Washing the face
2)Wiping the head
3)Washing hands till elbow
4) Washing feet till ankle

ANd then there is the sunnah which are:

1)Intention
2)Bismillah
3)Gargaling thrice
4)Washing wrists thrice
5)Miswak
6)Rinsing nose
7)Khilal of the beard
8)Washing everything thrice
9)Putting water through ears
10)Washing everything in order

Then comes the Mustahab meaning you get reward if you do it if u dont then u dont get sin.

1)Masah of the nape
2)Making wudu in a high clean place
3)To begin with right
4)Face the qiblah
5)Not to accept help from anyone

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Ooops, is my question that confusing :X

I dont know how to explain Ruqyah except that it is curing by the Qur'an or Du'a, but then that would take out the meaning of my question sooooo....

I'm going to change the question ok?

According to the Sunnah what do we do when we see a snake in the house?
salaams sis

we tell it to leave "ukhruj"..three times..if it does'nt then you chase it out or sumthing..but you must be aggresive towards them...because jinns can transform into them....the hadeeth ..i only have it bil ma3naa Maw'!!!

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Laaaaa ghalatti Ya Ukhti!! We should leave it for 3 days asking it to leave each day and then we kill them or shoo them out of the house

What are the Sunnah surahs to recite duringst Salaat Fajr?

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 08:43 PM
3alaa kulli haal!!! knew there was sumthing todo with the number three :p

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 08:46 PM
SAHIH BUKHARI
Volume 1, Book 4, Number 141:
Narrated Usama bin Zaid:

Allah's Apostle proceeded from 'Arafat till when he reached the mountain pass, he dismounted, urinated and then performed ablution but not a perfect one. I said to him, ("Is it the time for) the prayer, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "The (place of) prayer is ahead of you." He rode till when he reached Al-Muzdalifa, he dismounted and performed ablution and a perfect one, The (call for) Iqama was pronounced and he led the Maghrib prayer. Then everybody made his camel kneel down at its place. Then the Iqama was pronounced for the 'Isha' prayer which the Prophet led and no prayer was offered in between the two . prayers ('Isha' and Maghrib).
this shows that there is such a thing as a perfect ablution!

how to perform it?

SAHIH MUSLIM
Book 002, Number 0477:
Nu'aim b. 'Abdullah al-Mujmir reported: I saw Abu Huraira perform ablution. He washed his face and washed it well. He then washed his right hand including a portion of his arm. He then washed his left hand including a portion of his arm. He then wiped his head. He then washed his right foot including his shank, and then washed his left foot including shank, and then said: This is how I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) perform his ablution. And (Abu Huraira) added that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had observed: You shall have your faces hands and feet bright on the Day of Resurrection because of your perfect ablution. He who can afford among you, let him increase the brightness of his forehead and that of hands and legs.

:D

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 08:47 PM

What are the Sunnah surahs to recite duringst Salaat Fajr?

hmm!!! i'll get bak 2 u!! lol

BRO ABDULLAH WALLAHI THAT WAS SO BENEFICIAL!!! ALHAMDULLILAH!

SAHIH BUKHARI
Volume 1, Book 12, Number 726:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abi Qatada:

My father said, "The Prophet in Zuhr prayers used to recite Al-Fatiha along with two other Suras in the first two Rakat: a long one in the first Rak'a and a shorter (Sura) in the second, and at times the verses were audible. In the 'Asr prayer the Prophet used to recite Al-Fatiha and two more Suras in the first two Rakat and used to prolong the first Rak'a. And he used to prolong the first Rak'a of the Fajr prayer and shorten the second.
^^ All i could find is that he prolonged the first rakaat and made the second one shorter for fajr :(

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Are you sure the translation of it is "perfect Wudhoo" ?? Because in the Arabic form of that Hadeeth it is آثار الوضوء Which means "Traces of Wudhoo"

I'm confused now?

Abdullah4ever
06-21-2006, 08:50 PM
According to Fiqh-As-Sunnah Volume 1, Page 139a: Sunnah acts of prayer, The Recitation in the Morning Prayer He would read from sixty to one hundred verses during the morning prayer. Sometimes he would read surah Qal; ar-Rum, at-'Takwir, or az-Zilzal in the last two rak'ah. While travelling, he would sometimes read the last two surahs of the Qur'an. Sometimes he would read the first portion of al-Mu'minun until he would reach the story of Moses and Aaron in the first rak'ah, and then he would cough and bow. On Fridays he would read Alif; Lam, Mim, Tanzil as-Sajdah, or ad-Dahr in their complete forms. He did not do what many people do today, which is reciting part of this surah and part of another. Many ignorant people think that it is best to recite something with a prostration on Friday morning. But this is just plain ignorance. Some scholars dislike that one should read a surah with a prostration due to this ignorant thought. The Prophet, upon whom be peace, used to recite these two surahs because they contained reminders of man's creation, the return unto Allah, the creation of Adam, the entry into Paradise and Hell-fire, and other matters that did or will specifically occur on a Friday. Therefore, he would recite them on Friday to remind his companions of the events of that day. He would recite Qaf, al-Qamr, al-A'la and al-Ghashiyyah on days of great importance like Friday, the 'Id days, and so on

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Are you sure the translation of it is "perfect Wudhoo" ?? Because in the Arabic form of that Hadeeth it is آثار الوضوء Which means "Traces of Wudhoo"

I'm confused now?

hmm...

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 441:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

I brought water to Uthman bin 'Affan to perform the ablution while he was sitting on his seat. He performed the ablution in a perfect way and said, "I saw the Prophet performing the ablution in this place and he performed it in a perfect way and said, "Whoever performs the ablution as I have done this time and then proceeds to the mosque and offers a two-Rak'at prayer and then sits there (waiting for the compulsory congregational prayers), then all his past sins will be forgiven." The Prophet further added, "Do not be conceited (thinking that your sins will be forgiven because of your prayer)."
^ Sis from that i rekon u can say that theres such a thing as a imperfect ablution and perfect ablution... becoz by the perfect one u can get all ur sins forgiven and i heard from a book that if u wash all parts of ur body three times then tahts ur perfect ablution wiv the right intention... wa Allahu allim!

MashALlah bro ABdullah!!! jazakAllah khair again brO!! Wish i was hafiz :'(

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 09:04 PM
^ OH I see what you mean here by 'perfect' Wudhoo' . Oh Subhanallah....the benefits of knowing ARabic!! Alhamdulillah. I read the hadeeth and I recalled how I memorized it in Arabic and the word used in Arabic is تام which would normally be translated as 'complete'

Ah I understand now

So yes there is a 'perfect' wudhoo and 'imperfect' one.

Next Quest please?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 09:13 PM

now i wish i knew arabic :'(

Next question:
What should one say before eating? If one forgets to say this, then what should they say? What should one say after eating?

Abdullah4ever
06-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Bismillah Wa 'Ala Barkat Or something like that and if he forgot then Bismillahil Owal Wal Akhir and after u should say Alhumdulliahi Lathee Adma'amana Wa Saqana Wa Ja'alana minal muslimeen i think

samiya_06
06-21-2006, 11:40 PM
aslama alaykum waraxmtula. i think is sunnah to kiss your parent because kissing you paran may increase the love and the relationship between you and you paran.

amirah_87
06-22-2006, 01:23 PM
ok ..next question insha'allah!!!!

what do you say when you leave the toilet?

gimme the proof ...and is it saheeh or da'eef??

Mawaddah
06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh dear.......

Well I do know there is a Du'a for leaving the toilet and it is "Ghufraanak" but if I remember correctly the hadeeth for that is Dha'eef

Correct me please if I'm wrong :-[

I'll go next ok?

What used to be the practise of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam in the grooming of his hair?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-22-2006, 09:08 PM

No sis ur actually right :)!!
[PIE]
Upon leaving the restroom one should say Ghufraanaka - I seek your fogiveness!
recorded by Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah and Tirmidi. Also An-Nisai recorded it in "Amalul yawm wal-Laylah. Sound!
[/PIE]
I'll go next ok?

What used to be the practise of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam in the grooming of his hair?
[PIE]
Its permissable during Menstraution for:

Ayesha Reported: I used to comb the head of the mesenger of Allah while i was in menstruation.
-Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim
[/PIE]
[PIE]
The Holy Prophet saws used to sometimes shave the hairs of his head and sometimes to keep hairs up to the ears.

Ibn Abbas reported that the Holy Prophet saws liked to agree with the poeple of the Book regarding what he was not enjoined therein, and the people of the book used to allow their hairs to flow, and the polytheists used to part their hairs. So the prophet allowed his forelock to flow down and afterwards parter it.
-Agreed upon by Bukhari and Muslim
[/PIE]

[PIE]
You should keep your hair level! And Even! One part should not be longer then the other like you see so many nasty eastlondon boys do +o( !!

Ibn Umar Reported that the prophet saws saw a boy some portion of whose head was shaved and some of it was left out. So he prohibited them from that and said: Shave the entire of it or leave the entire of it!
- Narrated by Muslim
[/PIE]

[PIE]
Comb your hair every other day... not sure if this is sahih :?

Abdullah bin Mugaffal reported that the messenger of Allah prohibited combing except on every second day.

-narrated by Tirmizi, Abu daud and Nisai[/PIE]

[PIE]
Rasullah saws neva use to like too much combing!! EXCESSIVE COMBING!

Abdullah Bin Buraidah Reported that a man said to Fuzala bin Ubaid: What is the matter with me that i see you dishevelled in hairs? He said: The messenger of Allah used to prohibit us from excessive combing. He said: What is the matter with me that i dont see shoe on you? He said: The messenger of Allah used to direct us to walk sometimes barefooted.
- Narrated by Abu Dawud[/PIE]

[PIE]
We should all take care of our hairs!

Abu Hurairah Reported that the messenger of Allah said: Whoso has got hair, let ihm honour it.
-Narrated by Abu Dawud[/PIE]

* All hadith obtained from Miskaat ul-Masabih

PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!:phew

amirah_87
06-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh dear.......

Well I do know there is a Du'a for leaving the toilet and it is "Ghufraanak" but if I remember correctly the hadeeth for that is Dha'eef

I'll go next ok?

^^^^ oh no..i forgot i posted a question on here!! silly me!! yeah you were right , the hadeeth is da'eef!!..i thought you were gonna state the 3illah..but that's ok!!.

.....looks like bro abd' majid saved me from answering your question alhmdulillah!!........

IbnAbdulHakim
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
^^^^ oh no..i forgot i posted a question on here!! silly me!! yeah you were right , the hadeeth is da'eef!!..i thought you were gonna state the 3illah..but that's ok!!.

.....looks like bro abd' majid saved me from answering your question alhmdulillah!!........

next question then :D:

How should one treat his enemy according to the sunnah?

HAVE FUN! :D

Mawaddah
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM

next question then :D:

How should one treat his enemy according to the sunnah?

Okay let me have a go at this!!

In Islam the treatment of the Prisoners of war should be one of mercy and kindness. Not out of fear of them, but to show them the beauty of Islam, so this means that we do not beat them, we provide them with food and shelter and do not harm them in Any way.

A good daleel for this is the hadeeth in which...mmm.....what is his name? Thumaamah? The leader of Bani Haneefah at the Prophets time. Yes his name is Thumaamah and when he was captured and brought to Madeenah, because of the Prophets kind treatment of him he became Muslim.

Thumaamah ibn Athaal – the leader of Bani Haneefah – was brought (to Madeenah) as a prisoner and tied to one of the pillars of the mosque. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to him and said, “What do you think, O Thumaamah?” He said, “What I think, O Muhammad, is good. If you kill me, you will kill one with blood on his hands – i.e., I will deserve to be killed because I have killed Muslims – and if you release me you will release one who will be grateful. If you want money, then ask, and I will give you whatever you want.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) left him for three days, and each day he would come and ask him similar questions, and Thumaamah would give similar answers. After the third day, he commanded that he should be released. Thumaamah went to a stand of date-palms near the mosque where he bathed (did ghusl), then he came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger.” Then he said: “O Messenger of Allaah, by Allaah there was no one on earth whose face was more hateful to me than yours, but now your face is the most beloved of all faces to me. By Allaah, there was no religion that was more hateful to me than your religion, but now your religion has become the most beloved of all religions to me. By Allaah, there was no land more hateful to me than your land, but now your land has become the most beloved to me. Your cavalry captured me when I was on my way to perform ‘Umrah, so what do you think I should do?”

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) congratulated him, and told him to go for ‘Umrah. When he came to Makkah, someone asked him, “Have you changed your religion?” He said, “No, but I have submitted with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and by Allaah you will not get a grain of wheat from al-Yamaamah unless the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gives permission.”

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Ibn ‘Abbaas said: in those days their prisoners were mushrikeen; on the day of Badr the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded them to be kind to their prisoners, so they used to put them before themselves when it came to food… Mujaahid said, this refers to the one who is detained, i.e., they would give food to these prisoners even though they themselves desired it and loved it.”

Subhanallah Islam is beautiful

Ok Next Question!!

Provide some Hadeeth from the Sunnah on the giving of presents

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Wow Great thread Brother.

Some Ulama say that we move our fingers in Tashahhud and some say no. However since there are saheeh hadeeth for both, they should be done from time to time Wallahu A'lam and there is no harm in doing just one. I personally dont move it.

As for kissing the parents hands, I dont know if it is sunnah? I never heard of it being sunnah, but it's allowed as a sign of respect Wallahu A'lam.

Oh I'm not too sure about this one....but I know that both of them are ok since there are hadeeth that came about both. For example.:

It was narrated that al-Bara’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no two Muslims who meet and shake hands, but they will be forgiven before they part.” Narrated by Abu Dawood and Ahmad; narrated and classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi; also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood

Al-Tabaraani narrated with a jayyid isnaad from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: When the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) met, they would shake hands, and when they came from a journey they would embrace one another.”

Yes right, there are ikhtilaf about this matter. I choose the opinion of most ulama that I know such as Syaikh Albani, syaikh Uthaymeen, etc. They said we move our finger in tasyahud according hadith wail bin Hujr (If Im not mistaken). Some ulama says that the hadith that said moving our fingers in tasyahud is gharib, and against some rawi thats more tsiqoh that said Rasulullah didnt move his finger in tasyahud. But still, no one said the rawi that said moving the finger is dhoif right. And also theres hadith from Imam Ahmad that said "the moving of the finger felt heavy to syaithon". But we are free to choose insha Allah. For me, I hold opinion that moving the finger, and I see shuyukh from Yordans, the students of sheikh Albani such as Syaikh Ali bin HAsan, syaikh Musa Alu Nashr, Syaikh Masyhur bin salman, and syaikh Salim bin Ied Al Hilaly when they came here in their muhadharoh, they also move their fingers in tasyahud and sit iftirash in last rakaah in subh and also in salah which only two rakaahs.
And for shaking and kiss our parents hands...yes sis Mawaddah, youre right about the hadith of shaking hands, but to kiss hand, Im not clear my self ;D Maybe its urf (cultur) and cultur thats not agains shariah is all right insha Allah. I ever saw in video someone kiss syaikh Uthaymeens forehead :) .
And about evil eye, yesssss this is sunnah. Especially to our childrens who are so pretty :brother: . Its according to hadith from Al Bukhari and At Tirmidhi, the dua means "I ask protection from Allah with kalimatillah from evil, hammah and from evil eye" :brother:
ok...Next...
"WHAT PRAY THAT WE CAN DO ON THE QUBR AND IN WHAT SITUATION?:brother: " Daleel daleel...:beard: Qul burhanakum inkuntum shodiqien ;D

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 02:54 AM
salaams sis

we tell it to leave "ukhruj"..three times..if it does'nt then you chase it out or sumthing..but you must be aggresive towards them...because jinns can transform into them....the hadeeth ..i only have it bil ma3naa Maw'!!!
You have to see first, wether its worm or really a big snake? :offended:
You have tell it to leave the house three times (or three days? :? ) , if it wont leave then kill it.
And if you have told the snake to leave in three times and it still wont move, then you should check maybe its just a snakestoy or something :rollseyes:mmokay:
And yes Jinns can transform into jin, and dog etc.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

Bismillah Wa 'Ala Barkat Or something like that and if he forgot then Bismillahil Owal Wal Akhir and after u should say Alhumdulliahi Lathee Adma'amana Wa Saqana Wa Ja'alana minal muslimeen i think
Akhee...do U mean if we will eat we say "Bismillah wa 'ala barkat?" :? All I know is just "bismillah" according to hadith Rasulullah to a boy (Anasbin Malik if Im not mistaken). And if we forget then we say "bismillahil awal wal akhir" and after we eat is sunnah to say " alhamdulillah" or more better if we say "alhamdulillah, hamdan ktheeron mubarokan fiih, ghoiruu makfiyin wa laa muwaddaeen, wa laa mustaghnan 'anhu robbanaa". I forget the riwayah :rollseyes But its shahih insha Allah.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Oh dear.......

I'll go next ok?

Do U mean say "ghufranaak" when we leave toilet is dhoiif? :rollseyes I never knew that. Really? Which book I can rujuu'? Cause I just remember the hadith taht said the dua entering the toilet and leaving the toilet is in one hadith :rollseyes . Maybe Im mistaken Allahu A'lam.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 03:17 AM

No sis ur actually right :)!!
[PIE]
Upon leaving the restroom one should say Ghufraanaka - I seek your fogiveness!
recorded by Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah and Tirmidi. Also An-Nisai recorded it in "Amalul yawm wal-Laylah. Sound!
[/PIE]

[PIE]
Its permissable during Menstraution for:

Ayesha Reported: I used to comb the head of the mesenger of Allah while i was in menstruation.
-Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim
[/PIE]
[PIE]
The Holy Prophet saws used to sometimes shave the hairs of his head and sometimes to keep hairs up to the ears.

Ibn Abbas reported that the Holy Prophet saws liked to agree with the poeple of the Book regarding what he was not enjoined therein, and the people of the book used to allow their hairs to flow, and the polytheists used to part their hairs. So the prophet allowed his forelock to flow down and afterwards parter it.
-Agreed upon by Bukhari and Muslim
[/PIE]

[PIE]
You should keep your hair level! And Even! One part should not be longer then the other like you see so many nasty eastlondon boys do +o( !!

Ibn Umar Reported that the prophet saws saw a boy some portion of whose head was shaved and some of it was left out. So he prohibited them from that and said: Shave the entire of it or leave the entire of it!
- Narrated by Muslim
[/PIE]

[PIE]
Comb your hair every other day... not sure if this is sahih :?

Abdullah bin Mugaffal reported that the messenger of Allah prohibited combing except on every second day.

-narrated by Tirmizi, Abu daud and Nisai[/PIE]

[PIE]
Rasullah saws neva use to like too much combing!! EXCESSIVE COMBING!

Abdullah Bin Buraidah Reported that a man said to Fuzala bin Ubaid: What is the matter with me that i see you dishevelled in hairs? He said: The messenger of Allah used to prohibit us from excessive combing. He said: What is the matter with me that i dont see shoe on you? He said: The messenger of Allah used to direct us to walk sometimes barefooted.
- Narrated by Abu Dawud[/PIE]

[PIE]
We should all take care of our hairs!

Abu Hurairah Reported that the messenger of Allah said: Whoso has got hair, let ihm honour it.
-Narrated by Abu Dawud[/PIE]

* All hadith obtained from Miskaat ul-Masabih

PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!:phew

MASHA ALLAH...bro jazakallah khair ;D . And about taht hadith that RAsulullah -shalallahu alaihi wasallam- combed his hair, i heard it too and its been practised by our brothers. And I heard in Dammaj they combed their hair too right? :) I wanna lengthen my hair now, and I really wanna comb it, but HOOOWWW? :eek: Does the men combed their hair like the girls comb their hair too? That would be embarassing I think:exhausted. Im sure theres a difference between men and women in combing hair right? Please let me know :brother: .
Mean while I have a really short hair, cause I like to do hijamah on the top of my head so it has to be balded first :unhappy: But now my mother hate my head if its balded, so I cant bald it anymore and I cant do hijamah on the top of it anymore :hmm: I really miss it. But I decided to lengthen it insha Allah.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Are you asking for Daleel also? Well what is from the sunnah is that a person should not be overly friendly with them but keep relations with them only to the point which is necessary. But be kind towards them and give them gifts and Da'wah in order to open their hearts towards Islam..... "“Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity”

How many different types of Ruqyah are there according to Sunnah?
Mmmm...according to hadith, that all ruqyah is harom, its said "mainly ruqyah, tamimah and tiwalah are syirik" But Islam make an exception, cause there are two kinda ruqyah thats allowed in Islam, ya'ni ruqyah from a scorpiions sting or other animals such as snakes and all, and ruqyah for evil eye. And ruqyah for someone who is possessed by syaithon is allowed but the victim may not ask someone to ruqyah him cause its harom according to hadith about muslims who enter heaven without hisab, and one of them is someone who never ask someone to ruqyah him. Cause by asking someone to do ruqyah on him, then that mean his tawakal is low or at least can decrease his tawakal to Allah. So Its best he do ruqyah to him self first.

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
Do U mean say "ghufranaak" when we leave toilet is dhoiif? :rollseyes I never knew that. Really? Which book I can rujuu'? Cause I just remember the hadith taht said the dua entering the toilet and leaving the toilet is in one hadith :rollseyes . Maybe Im mistaken Allahu A'lam.
ass salamu aalykum akhee,,

na3am the hadeeth is daa'ef although some shyukh like albaani rahimahullah state that it is hasan in his kitaab saheeh al-jaami3 as-sagiir...you'l find this hadeeth in bhuluq al-maram..or if you wanna look at the sanad go to sunan abi dawuud , tirmidhi and ibn maajah....

the other hadeeth about entering the toilet is saheeh & it's narrated by anas bin maalik and it's in the saheehayn!

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
ok i think all the questions have been answered maashaAllah so i'm gonna ask one just to keep this thread going inshaAllah!!

what are the pillars of al-imaan...how many are there and gimme the daleel stating the narrarter and it's authenticity..if it is...also what kutub are they in... ???...it's easy !!

chacha_jalebi
06-24-2006, 02:51 PM
salaam :D

its from imam nawawi, the 40 hadiths n its hadiths number 3 :D

itss naraated by Hadhrat Umar (ra) :D:D:D:D:D on authority of Hadhrat Abdur Rahman bin Auf (ra)

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 02:54 PM
......LOL! well done but...try answering the main question akhee!! :)

what are the pillars of al-imaan...how many are there

and also the authenticity part..not every hadeeth in that book is saheeh you know!!..

chacha_jalebi
06-24-2006, 02:58 PM
oh lol i fort u asked bout d hadiths :statisfie

well well d 5 pillars are shahada, salah, fastin, zakah, hajj

and in bukhari n muslim it says .......

"Islam has been built upon five things - on testifying that there is no god save Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger; on performing salah; on giving the zakah; on Hajj to the House; and on fasting during Ramadhan."

mmmm lol most of the stuff in imam nawawi r collected frm ova books so its kinda authentic, Allah (swt) knows d best, but but lets not go off topic lol d main thin is i got d ansa rite :p

:D:D:D:D

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 03:04 PM
i'd go into a dabate about that with you and lay all the proof i've learnt about sum of the ahaadeeth that are in their ..but i don't have my notes on me! :D

it's you turn to ask the next question akhee!....well answered by the way

chacha_jalebi
06-24-2006, 03:06 PM
lol lets debate den sis :p

ooo lol my turn hmmmmm :D hmmmm hmmm i dunno wot 2 ask lol

IbnAbdulHakim
06-24-2006, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
lol lets debate den sis :p

ooo lol my turn hmmmmm :D hmmmm hmmm i dunno wot 2 ask lol
[S]get thinkin then!! quik quik quik

* waits patiently *[/S]

chacha_jalebi
06-24-2006, 03:14 PM
lol brooo u take my goo :D

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Heeeyyy...you havent answer my question here...:eek:
""WHAT PRAY THAT WE CAN DO ON THE QUBR AND IN WHAT SITUATION?", daleel daleel? :)
And no one can explain about the combed hair I think that I wrote above:rollseyes

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 03:22 PM
ok ...sorry i did'nt see that there akhee..do you mean like salatul janaazah!!

or way after that !!

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 03:25 PM
ok ...sorry i did'nt see that there akhee..do you mean like salatul janaazah!!

or way after that !!
Why you asked me? Do U know? Do U think theres another salah that could be done on the qubr? ok...give the answer and daleel...insha Allah

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 03:33 PM
hhhhhmm..i'm gonna do it in arabic ok!

3an samura ibnu jundub raiyallaahu 3anhu qaala:
sallaytu waraa' an-nabiy salalaahu 3alayhi wassalam 3alaa imra'atin maatat faqaama wasadahaa.........muttafaqun 3alayh!!

yeah i asked you if you meant during the janaazah or way after it ..because there's a hadeeth about that sahaabiyyah who was like the caretaker of the prophets masjid ..she died , and the prophet was'nt told until her janaazah had finished that she'd passed away ....so the prophet said "hallaa aadeytumuunee!!!...you should've notified me!!".....so he went to go and pray on her by himself!!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-24-2006, 06:23 PM

Umm... im a little confused :? Whats the question?

Amirah can we hav another question inshaAllah :D

:wasalamex

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Heeeyyy...you havent answer my question here...:eek:
""WHAT PRAY THAT WE CAN DO ON THE QUBR AND IN WHAT SITUATION?", daleel daleel? :)
ass salaamu alaykum

i think i'll just wait for bro Dhulqarnayn to check if i'm correct ..he might snap again ^^^^^^^^^^ ;D

wa aalykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
06-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Heeeyyy...you havent answer my question here...
""WHAT PRAY THAT WE CAN DO ON THE QUBR AND IN WHAT SITUATION?", daleel daleel?
And no one can explain about the combed hair I think that I wrote above
You peoples are so funny, ignoring Brother Dhulqarnaens question like that lol. I'll try to answer it then Akhi......But about the combing of the hair, as far as my knowledge there has come no hadeeth explaining that there is a different way to comb hair for a man or a woman, Wallahu A'lam.

3an samura ibnu jundub raiyallaahu 3anhu qaala:
sallaytu waraa' an-nabiy salalaahu 3alayhi wassalam 3alaa imra'atin maatat faqaama wasadahaa.........muttafaqun 3alayh!!
Ya Habibti hadhal hadeeth laa yuwaddhih shay' bin nisbah lissu'aaaaaaaallll innama feeh wasf wa kayfiyyah salaat al janaazah ;) and the question is WHEN can we pray at the grave....Maalaki? ;D :p

So back to the question(s) :

WHAT PRAY THAT WE CAN DO ON THE QUBR
The only type of prayer which is allowed to be prayed at the grave is the Janaazah prayer and no other prayer is valid if prayed at the grave Wallahu A'lam.
Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said : " All of the earth is a masjid except for the graveyards and the bathrooms "

And Rasululllah said : "May Allah curse the Christians and the Jews for they have taken the Graves of their Prophets as places of worship"

AND IN WHAT SITUATION ?
Well.....It is the opinion of some Ulama like Ibn Baaz (rahimahullah) and others that it is permissable to pray the salaat janaazah at the graveyard only if it is not able to be prayed at the masjid or home. But I think there must be another opinion because I remember in Yemen the Sheikh alwaysssss used to pray the Salaat Janaazah at the Grave, and only used to pray in the masjid if it was raining or something......remember Princess? Wallahu A'lam

So that's my answer, someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Mawaddah
06-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey I just realized it!! NO ONE answered my question either!! [MAD]Whats up with that![/MAD]

So my question was :

I made it nice and bold so no one can skip over it again insha'allah :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey I just realized it!! NO ONE answered my question either!! [MAD]Whats up with that![/MAD]

So my question was :

I made it nice and bold so no one can skip over it again insha'allah :)

that jus craked me up nicely, im on it, gimme 30 mins inshaAllah :D

chacha_jalebi
06-25-2006, 12:03 PM
i didnt realy undastand d Q lol, d sunnah of givin gifts??? or did ya mean what d Prophet (saw) sed bout gifts!! lets jus say u ment dat :p so so ....

well well RasoolAllah (saw) said, once u giv a gift, dnt take it back i.e

Hadhrat Umar (ra) said - I donated a pedigree horse in the path of Allah. Its owner made it languish. I thought that he would sell it at a cheap price. I asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) about it, whereupon he said: Do not buy it and do not take back your charity, for one who takes back a charity is like a dog which swallows its vomit. [muslim]

erm erm lol ders more

RasoolAllah (saw) said, "I shall accept the invitation even if I were invited to a meal of a sheep's trotter, and I shall accept the gift even if it were an arm or a trotter of a sheep." [bukhari]

so basically we sud accept d gifts no matter wot!!

Mawaddah
06-25-2006, 12:21 PM
^ Yes those are some hadeeth......but they dont exactly fit my question Baarakallah Feek.

I wanted some hadeeth which showed the goodness of giving presents and the benefits Insha'allah

gimme 30 mins inshaAllah
It's an hour already.......

noshaba
06-25-2006, 12:27 PM
nice thread....i knw many sun'ahs but i dnt wnt 2 say any because i dont have references....but reading everyone elses makes me realise hw much i dont know
salaam to all

muslim_friend
06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Salaam,

SubhanAllah. I have learnt a lot myself.

I have a book by Sheikh Al-Albani. it contains all sahih hadith, and this is mentioned in it. its an estabilished sunnah. i move it up-down, but i dont know the correct way. you know, this is equivalent to applying iron rods to shaytaan.
^ Sheikh Albani says it's ok to do both ways also? Also can you tell me which book this is please?
I misunderstood your first statement. I do not remember if it is mentioned that the Prophet did it both ways. i will check up the book (if i can find it) and let you know.By the way, the prophet did pray different ways.

The name of the book is:"The Prophet's Prayer Described(as though you see it)" by Sheikh Naseerudeen Al-Albaani.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-25-2006, 06:52 PM

Sry ma mum came outta nowhere and gave me tons of work :heated:

ok giving presents

Whatever is lawfully given without being greedy for it and without asking for it is a present! It is lawful to accept the present otherwise the person who gives the gift may feel sad and suffer mental agony!

Umar bin Al-Khattab reported: The holy prophet was giving me presents and i said to him:
Give it to the one who is in more need of it then myself.
Rasullulah saws replied: Take it and include it in your property and give alms therewith. So take wgatever comes to you of the property without having any greed and without asking why; and what is not so dont allow yourself to follow it.

-Bukhari and Muslim

Among the members of Islamic brotherhood, gifts and presents are the things which make firm the cement of the grand superstracture of unity.
Aisha RA Reported that the prophet saws use to take presents and give something else in exchange.

-Bukhari

Also we should NEVER think little of what we get, ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT U GET!!! And never think what u giv is little, the tiniest gift would make someone happy due to your intention!

Abu Hurairah reported:
that Rasullulah saws said: Give presents to one another because a present removes rancour of heart, and let a female neighbour never think little for her neighbour the gift of half a goats trotter.

-Tirmizi

PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!! :phew :phew :phew

IbnAbdulHakim
06-25-2006, 07:20 PM
[PIE]
Next Question:
What is the sunnah regarding the beard? How should it be groomed? And how did rasullulah saws keep his beard?

[/PIE]

amirah_87
06-25-2006, 08:17 PM
You peoples are so funny, ignoring Brother Dhulqarnaens question like that lol. I'll try to answer it then Akhi......But about the combing of the hair, as far as my knowledge there has come no hadeeth explaining that there is a different way to comb hair for a man or a woman, Wallahu A'lam.

Ya Habibti hadhal hadeeth laa yuwaddhih shay' bin nisbah lissu'aaaaaaaallll innama feeh wasf wa kayfiyyah salaat al janaazah ;) and the question is WHEN can we pray at the grave....Maalaki? ;D :p

So back to the question(s) :

The only type of prayer which is allowed to be prayed at the grave is the Janaazah prayer and no other prayer is valid if prayed at the grave Wallahu A'lam.
Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said : " All of the earth is a masjid except for the graveyards and the bathrooms "

And Rasululllah said : "May Allah curse the Christians and the Jews for they have taken the Graves of their Prophets as places of worship"

Well.....It is the opinion of some Ulama like Ibn Baaz (rahimahullah) and others that it is permissable to pray the salaat janaazah at the graveyard only if it is not able to be prayed at the masjid or home. But I think there must be another opinion because I remember in Yemen the Sheikh alwaysssss used to pray the Salaat Janaazah at the Grave, and only used to pray in the masjid if it was raining or something......remember Princess? Wallahu A'lam

So that's my answer, someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)
ass salaamu alaykum!!

HAAA you see ukhti i musta understood the question wrong then ...i understood it as .......... is it allowed to pray on the dead on their qabr!!....gimme a daleel for it :?:? ;D ;D

but you see mawaddah...haadal al-hadeeth yustanbat minhu jawaaz as-salaat 3alaa al-qabr......which i thought was the answer to the question!!

and yes Mawaddah in Yemen they pray out in the open @ the graveyards most of the time ......but like you said it is also allowed to pray in the masjid..the ulaamah have said that this is actually mustahab/sunnah there daleel is the hadeeth of "ibnay baydaa ..when the prophet sallaahu 3alayhi wassalam prayed on them inside the masjid!!

As for your answer i guess it's right !!.... that's if you got the actual question right and wer'nt thinking of sumthing else like me!!...;D

wa alaykum as salaam Mawaddah!!

amirah_87
06-25-2006, 09:01 PM
ass salaamu aalykum ....

here's the 3illah/defect of the hadeeth inshaAllah....(just found it right now amongst my notes) alhamdulillah!!

the defect is :Yusuf ibnu abi Burda ..and he is majhuul..not known!!

wassalaams!

amirah_87
06-25-2006, 09:01 PM
[PIE]
Next Question:
What is the sunnah regarding the beard? How should it be groomed? And how did rasullulah saws keep his beard?

[/PIE]

^^ this was the next question inshaAllah ppl!!

Dhulqarnaeen
06-26-2006, 01:45 AM
^ Yes those are some hadeeth......but they dont exactly fit my question Baarakallah Feek.

I wanted some hadeeth which showed the goodness of giving presents and the benefits Insha'allah

Great answer sis mawaddah. Masha Allah. But still you couldnt tell me HOW to comb my hair if in the future I have long hair :X . If thees no expanation from hadith then maybe you or sis amirah or sis sawal -hafidhahumullah- or any of my brothers -hafidhakallah- can tell me how those Yemenis used to comb their hair insha Allah.
And about giving presents, Rasulullah said that giving present can grow love to each other. If Im not mistaken its like "give presents, veryly it can bring love to eachother".
And about growing beard:
1. Rasulullah have a wide big beard. Its growed by the side of his face -shalallahu alaihi wasallam- till his chin. How long? THeres a ikhtilaf about this matter, some of ulama said that we may not cut it at all according to alot of hadith from Rasulullah -shalallahu alaihi wasallam-, some of them are like "grow your beard, contradict the kafereen", and another hadiths. Theres some hadith about growing beard.
2. The hadith of growing beard is hadith of an order, and as kaidah mustalahul hadith said hadith thats show an order then its wajeeb. And if men cut heir beard, that mean he doing tasyabbuh to men. Cause growing beard is one of the fitrah of men, and girls fitrah is doesnt have beard. So if men cut their beard then he is threatened by this hadith "Allah curse men who act like a women and a women who act like a men"
3. All anbiya wal mursalin ALL have beards, remember when Musa alaihissalam hold Haruns -alaihissalam- beard and mad at him? And all the companions have beard, t showed in many hadith :brother:
Ups...what is the question? I think I have explained too much masha Allah. But I think its answered insha Allah. So...NEXT QUESTION.

TELL ME SOMETHING WHICH IS WAJEEB AND SOMETHINGS THOSE ARE SUNNAH IN JUMUAH?....daleel..daleel ;D I love to say it :shade:. But yes there are a lot of sunnah in jumuah, but just give daleels (prove from quran and sunnah...shahih of course or at least hasan) as you can ok :brother:

Dhulqarnaeen
06-26-2006, 01:49 AM
ass salaamu aalykum ....

here's the 3illah/defect of the hadeeth inshaAllah....(just found it right now amongst my notes) alhamdulillah!!

the defect is :Yusuf ibnu abi Burda ..and he is majhuul..not known!!

wassalaams!
Sorry...who gave the takhrij of this hadith? And what is sheikh Albani rahimahullah said ? So what do we read when we go out of the toilet?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2006, 09:52 AM
[PIE]
Next Question:

[/PIE]

^^ This is the next question. Bro if you want to learn how to groom your hair i did a fat essay on it a few pages back. Check it out inshaAllah

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 11:13 AM
^ But Brother Dhulqarnaen already answered the question when he wrote this :

Rasulullah have a wide big beard. It grrew by the side of his face -shalallahu alaihi wasallam- till his chin. How long? THeres a ikhtilaf about this matter, some of ulama said that we may not cut it at all according to alot of hadith from Rasulullah -shalallahu alaihi wasallam-, some of them are like "grow your beard, contradict the kafereen", and another hadiths. Theres some hadith about growing beard.
2. The hadith of growing beard is hadith of an order, and as kaidah mustalahul hadith said hadith thats show an order then its wajeeb. And if men cut heir beard, that mean he doing tasyabbuh to women. Cause growing beard is one of the fitrah of men, and girls fitrah is doesnt have beard. So if men cut their beard then he is threatened by this hadith "Allah curse men who act like a women and a women who act like a men"
3. All anbiya wal mursalin ALL have beards, remember when Musa alaihissalam hold Haruns -alaihissalam- beard and was mad at him? And all the companions have beard, it showed in many hadith

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
^ But Brother Dhulqarnaen already answered the question when he wrote this :

oooh my mistake :X sryy!!

ok i'll try answer brother Dhuls question inshaAllah!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2006, 01:04 PM
TELL ME SOMETHING WHICH IS WAJEEB AND SOMETHINGS THOSE ARE SUNNAH IN JUMUAH?....daleel..daleel ;D :brother:

^ luks like this is the next question :)

Helena
06-26-2006, 01:26 PM

sunan of jumah...i know something...

to take a bath Bukhari, tirmidhi, ibn majah
to wear , clean and presentable clothes abu dawood
to listen to the khutbah attentively tirmidhi, ibn majah

the person who recites surah al-kahaf on friday will be bestowed with a noor(spiritual light) from the under arsh which will extend from the earth till the sky and will benefit him in the darkness of the day of Qiyamah. All his minor sins from the previous jumu'ah will ne forgiven. am i rite?

something wajib..someone help me inshalah...

nxt questions...

sunan of nikah? and sunan of drinking water?

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
TELL ME SOMETHING WHICH IS WAJEEB AND SOMETHINGS THOSE ARE SUNNAH IN JUMUAH?....daleel..daleel
Do you mean duringst the Khutbah? or just on the day of Friday? In any case :

It's Waajib to attend the Khutbah for men (as all know insha'allah) Rasulullah said "Whoever neglects three Jumu’ahs, Allaah will place a seal on his heart"

It is Waajib on the Friday congregation to keep silent duringst the Khutbah and they may not give salaams or even return the salaams of others according to the most correct opinion. Rasulullah said "If you say to your companion when the imam is preaching on Friday, ‘Be quiet and listen,’ you have engaged in idle talk.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari,and Muslim

It's Sunnah Mu'akkadah to make the Ghusl before going to Jumu'ah Prayers, Some Ulama have even deemed it to be Waajib. Rasulullah said "When any one of you goes to Jumu’ah, let him do ghusl"

And Rasulullah also said "Whoever does ghusl, then comes to Jumu’ah and prays whatever Allaah wills that he should pray, then listens attentively to the khateeb until he finishes the khutbah, then prays with him, will be forgiven his sins between that and the other Friday plus three days" (Muslim)

I dont know whether going early for Jumu'ah is Sunnah or not? :? but I do know that there is big reward for this. Rasulullah said "Whoever does ghusl on Friday like ghusl for janaabah, then goes to the prayer (in the first hour, i.e., early), it is as if he sacrificed a camel. Whoever goes in the second hour, it is as if he sacrificed a cow; whoever goes in the third hour, it is as if he sacrificed a horned ram; whoever goes in the fourth hour, it is as if he sacrificed a hen; and whoever goes in the fifth hour it is as if he offered an egg. When the imam comes out, the angels come to listen to the khutbah"

It's Sunnah to make alot of Du'a on this day. Rasulullah said "On this day there is a time when no Muslim stands and prays, asking Allaah for something, but Allaah will grant him it” – and he gestured with his hands to indicate how short that time is"

Sunnah to read Surah al-Kahf. Rasulullah said "Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, he will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays"

Sunnah to send alot of blessings upon the Prophet. In the Hadeeth "The best of your days is Friday. On that day Adam (peace be upon him) was created; on that day he died; on that day the Trumpet will be blown; and on that day all of creation will swoon. So send a great deal of blessings upon me, for your blessings will be shown to me.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, how will our blessings upon you be shown to you when you have turned to dust?” He said, “Allaah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets, peace be upon them"

And also it's Sunnah to trim the fingernails and such on Friday but I can't recall the hadeeth right now Allahul Musta'aan.

Okayyyyyy so THOSE are SOME which I can recall right now Insha'allah :)

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Sorry...who gave the takhrij of this hadith? And what is sheikh Albani rahimahullah said ? So what do we read when we go out of the toilet?
As far as I know brother, there is nothing we say when we leave the toilet. Since the hadeeth which came with this Du'a is Dhaeef.
Also i remember in one of your previous posts you said that You remember that the du'a of entering the toilet and leaving the toilet are in one Hadeeth. I just want to let you know that there is a hadeeth by Anas if I'm not mistaken which only mentions the Du'a of entering the toilet.
Anas said that when Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam used to enter the toilet he used to read "Allahumma Inni a'udhubika minal Khubthi wal khabaa'ith"
and there is no Du'a about leaving the bathroom in this Hadeeth.You can look up the book 'Umdatul Ahkaam for this hadeeth.....It's in Bab al-Khalaa' wal Istitaabah.

I dont know what Shaikh Albani said about the "Ghufraanak" hadeeth though, but as how sis amirah_87 said, one of the narrators of that hadeeth is Majhool (unknown), so that automatically makes the hadeeth Dhaeef.

Wallahu a'lam.

IceQueen~
06-26-2006, 02:42 PM
hey did anyone know that when we do wuDu we can wash more of ourselves ie since the parts we wash for wudu will be emitting noor on judgement day then we can extend the noor places..get it? (i need to go home to get the reference for this though-it was in the book of prayer and taharah by shaykh sayyid saabiq))

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
^ There is a hadeeth in Umdatul Ahkaam reporting that Abu Hurayrah used to wash his arms until it reached near his shoulder , and his feet until mid way up the calf , then he said " I heard my beloved friend Rasulullah saying ' Verily on Yaum al-Qiyaamah my Ummah will be called Ghurran Muhajjaleenfrom the signs of Wudhoo' ' So whoever is able to increase his light and shining (i.e. washing more of the arms,legs) then let him do it.

Note: The last part of the hadeeth ' So whoever is able to increase his light and shining (i.e. washing more of the arms,legs) then let him do it. is from the sayings of Abu Hurayrah and NOT of Rasulullah peace be upon him. This was merely an ijtihaad from the part of Abu Hurayrah since he wished that more of his body would be shining on Yaum al-Qiyaamah. But it's best to stay with the sunnah of the Prophet in making Wudhoo' Insha'allah :)

Allahu A'lam

IceQueen~
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
^ There is a hadeeth in Umdatul Ahkaam reporting that Abu Hurayrah used to wash his arms until it reached near his shoulder , and his feet until mid way up the calf , then he said " I heard my beloved friend Rasulullah saying ' Verily on Yaum al-Qiyaamah my Ummah will be called Ghurran Muhajjaleenfrom the signs of Wudhoo' ' So whoever is able to increase his light and shining (i.e. washing more of the arms,legs) then let him do it.

Note: The last part of the hadeeth ' So whoever is able to increase his light and shining (i.e. washing more of the arms,legs) then let him do it. is from the sayings of Abu Hurayrah and NOT of Rasulullah peace be upon him. This was merely an ijtihaad from the part of Abu Hurayrah since he wished that more of his body would be shining on Yaum al-Qiyaamah. But it's best to stay with the sunnah of the Prophet in making Wudhoo' Insha'allah :)

Allahu A'lam
yeyy-that's the one!!
thanx sis

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Can I ask how you lot pull out hadiths like that from nowhere?:offended:
Do you have some sort of hadith software?
Tell meeee!
:statisfie

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Edit!! :-[

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
SubhanAllah sis.... you're like a walking sahih bukhari!:D

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 03:38 PM
^ LOL not even close to that sis :p But come on.......join the game!! the next question given by sis Helen was "What is the sunnah in drinking?" and " what is the sunnah in marriage? "

Give it a shot :)

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 03:51 PM
ass salamu aalykum akhee,,

na3am the hadeeth is daa'ef although some shyukh like albaani rahimahullah state that it is hasan in his kitaab saheeh al-jaami3 as-sagiir...you'l find this hadeeth in bhuluq al-maram..or if you wanna look at the sanad go to sunan abi dawuud , tirmidhi and ibn maajah....

the other hadeeth about entering the toilet is saheeh & it's narrated by anas bin maalik and it's in the saheehayn!

wa alaykum ass salaam
ass salaamu alaykum bro Dhulqarnayn....

i already gacv the takhreej for the gufraanak hadeeth ^^^ so there it is!!
as for Albaanee say in this hadeeth as a i rememeber he believes that this hadeeth is hasan becuase his opinion in 3ilm al-hadeeth is that the majhuul person yasluh fee ash-shwaahid wal mutaab3aat!!...it's a long story you don't really need to understand it!! :)

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Great answer sis mawaddah. Masha Allah. But still you couldnt tell me HOW to comb my hair if in the future I have long hair :X . If thees no expanation from hadith then maybe you or sis amirah or sis sawal -hafidhahumullah- or any of my brothers -hafidhakallah- can tell me how those Yemenis used to comb their hair insha Allah.
I was doing some research for you on this Brother since you asked and this is the conclusion I came up with Baarakallahu Feek.

Well, according to Ulama such as Ibn Uthaimeen, Ibn Abdul Barr and others Rahimahullah, Growing the hair long is NOT a Sunnah for which the person will get reward for (Subhanallah I didn't know this!!) because there are ahaadeeth which report that Rasululllah peace be upon him shaved his head,or grew it long, or kept it short ,Ahadeeth came that his hair was until his shoulders, or between his ears and shoulders or until his earlobes, and there was no command for anyone to grow their hair long.

Sheikh Ibn Uthaimeen also said that if a person wants to keep his hair long, he should not do it under the claim of "following the sunnah" since this is not a sunnah, but rather it was only a practise and a tradition of those days and one who grows his hair long is NOT rewarded for it.

Ibn Abdul Barr stated also that if it has become from the custom of the foolish and the people with no Akhlaaq to keep their hair long, then one must not keep their hair long otherwise he might resemble these foolish people. Rasulullah said "Whoever resembles a people then he is from them"

Also another thing about keeping hair long is braiding the hair, There is a hadeeth which stated that Rasulullah entered Makkah and his hair was in four braids. The Ulama said that most probably it was only combed this way because Rasulullah was on a long travel and thus kept his hair in braids since he would not have time to attend to it whilst on travel Wallahu A'lam.But there is nothing wrong with braiding the hair in times other than travel also, as long as it is not against the normal customs of the people of the country.

As for HOW to comb your hair if you keep it long Brother, Then it does not matter how you do it as long as you keep your hair neat and orderly Insha'allah :) and this is a MUST for whoever has hair because Rasulullah said "Whoever has hair then let him take care of it"

However there is no hadeeth which mentions that women must comb their hair in a certain way and men should comb their hair in a different way, so we must not make it difficult upon ourselves and try to put rulings on ourselves which are not there. Simply comb your hair like how anyone with long hair would comb their hair.

As for how the Yemenis used to comb their hair....welll........from my experience in Yemen, I have never seen a Yemeni man with long hair. In fact it was the custom and tradition of Yemeni men to keep veryyyyyy short hair or to just be bald :)

So Akhi, just comb your hair as how you would normally comb your hair, if you wish to dye it then you may dye it, you can keep it long or short or bald or whichever way just as long as it is not going against Islam in anyway Insha'allah and is not imitating any bad customs.

Wallahu A'lam.

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 04:24 PM
As for how the Yemenis used to comb their hair....welll........from my experience in Yemen, I have never seen a Yemeni man with long hair. In fact it was the custom and tradition of Yemeni men to keep veryyyyyy short hair or to just be bald

hey maw you were away for too long....the new trend there was too grow your hair long !!!..everyone was doing it!!! even a couple of brothers grew there afro's ..... :giggling:

i was just about to post in the answer but hey..what the heck you got there b4 me :Evil:.....;D

next question then Maw'!!....OH I JUST SAW...THE DRINKING 1!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh my days i tried to look this up but there are TOO MANY HADITHS!
This is hard!:-\

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:26 PM
As for how the Yemenis used to comb their hair....welll........from my experience in Yemen, I have never seen a Yemeni man with long hair. In fact it was the custom and tradition of Yemeni men to keep veryyyyyy short hair or to just be bald

hey maw you were away for too long....the new trend there was too grow your hair long !!!..everyone was doing it!!! even a couple of brothers grew there afro's ..... :giggling:

i was just about to post in the answer but hey..what the heck you got there b4 me :Evil:.....;D

next question then Maw'!!
LOL you serious Princess :eek: :giggling: I can't imagine any spindly little Yemeni with long hair :p hehehehehehe and Afros too!! Oh my Oh my..........how did they put their turbans on then? ;D

Ok Next question :

EDIT!!! Ok you guys do the drinking one ;D

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Oh my days i tried to look this up but there are TOO MANY HADITHS!
This is hard!:-\
SISSSS!!!! We just want the hadeeth for that topic only!! even one hadeeth is sufficient insha'allah ;)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah but there are soooooooo many hadiths on marriage!:offended:

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 04:29 PM
salaams Maw!!

YEAH...That's the way now!!

hey you know what..i just saw your question about the sunnah of drinking and the sunnah in marriage...can you specify the second one though!

wa aalykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah but there are soooooooo many hadiths on marriage!:offended:
Ok thats true......Ok lets make the question more specific then!!

Q: What are the Sunnahs of the Walimah?

can you specify the second one though!
I've done that ;) although peoples these are Sis helena's Questions not mine :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I saw this lol.... but i don't think it's relevant. ANy way it out laws a type of marriage (mut'a):
Muslim Book 007, Number 2801:
Abu Nadra reported: Ibn'Abbas commanded the performance of Mut'a putting lhram for 'Umra during the months of Dhu'I-Hijja and after completing it. then putting on Ibrim for Hajj), but Ibn Zubair forbade to do it. I made a mention of it to Jabir b. Abdullih and he said: It is through me that this hadith has been circulated. We entered into the state of Ihram as Tamattu' with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). When 'Umar was Installed as Caliph, he said: Verily Allah made permissible for His Messenger (may peace be upon him) whatever He liked and as Re liked. And (every command) of the Holy Qur'an has been revealed for every occasion. So accomplish Hajj and Umra for Allah as Allah has commanded you; and confirm by (proper conditions) the marriage of those women (with whom you have performed Mut'a). And any person would come to me with a marriage of appointed duration (Mut'a), I would stone him (to death). Qatada narrated this hadith with the same chain of transmitters saying: (That 'Umar also said): Separate your Hajj from 'Umra, for that is the most complete Hajj, and complete your Umra.

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:33 PM
^ Sis Jazikallah Khair for the hadeeth.......but what we want are the sunnah's of marriage. That means the practises which a muslim should try to do since it was from the Practise of Rasulullah.

That Hadeeth is about the forbiddance of Mut'ah......not exactly what we're looking for ;)

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 04:37 PM
ok i got one inshaalah for the sunnah of the walimah question :

wa 3an anas ibnu maalik radiyallaahu 3anhu anna an-nabiy sallalaahu 3alayhi wassalam ra'aa 3alaa 3abdurahmaan athru sufratin faqaala : maa haada ?...qaal ya rasuulullaah inniy tazawwajjtu imra'atan 3alaa wazn nawaatin min dahabin ..qaala fabaarakAllaahu laka..awlim walaw bi'shaa

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
^ Hadeethan Kareeman Mubaarakan laakin Ya Ukhti hal naseetee annal akthareen la yafhamoon al lughah al 3arabiyyah? ;D ;D
Maalaki Ya Bunayyah? (Sheikhah Aisha style :p ;D)

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
ya la33aaaabaaaat...how can i forget (hafidahallah)!!!...you know cause we memorised them in arabic ..it's kinda hard and would be a long process.. to translate it to english.. not long but you know what i mean .that's the first thing that's springs to mind!
and getting the correct exact wording in place!! haaaa!...that's another thing!

but i'll try the whole translating thing inshallah!! ..ONEDAY!....i think it's cause when i see you here i tend to get lazy cause i know you understand arabic sooo it's more simpler for me!! ;D

anyways we still got the drinking one left innit!

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 04:49 PM
^ Sis Jazikallah Khair for the hadeeth.......but what we want are the sunnah's of marriage. That means the practises which a muslim should try to do since it was from the Practise of Rasulullah.

That Hadeeth is about the forbiddance of Mut'ah......not exactly what we're looking for ;)
I told you it was hard!:'(

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:50 PM
ya la33aaaabaaaat...how can i forget (hafidahallah)!!!...you know cause we memorised them in arabic ..it's kinda hard and would be a long process.. to translate it to english.. not long but you know what i mean .that's the first thing that's springs to mind!
and getting the correct exact wording in place!! haaaa!...that's another thing!
but i'll try the whole translating thing inshallah!! ..ONEDAY!....i think it's cause when i see you here i tend to get lazy cause i know you understand arabic sooo it's more simpler for me!!

^ Heyyyyyy are you just relaxing and letting me do the work!! Yaaaaaaaa la33aaabah!! (Aisha style again) ;D ;D

but you only put ONE sunnah for the walimah? come on gotta do better than that man :p

And what do you think you got dictionaries for huh?

And besidesssssss I'm not the only one reading thru this thread Dooohhh

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 04:54 PM
oooooooh man but it only says one!! ;D

ok here's one...
narrated by ibnu umar radiyallaahu 3anhu that the prophet sallalaahu 3alayhi wassallam :
if anybody is invited to a walimah ...he should go to it...(bil ma3naa)
......................THE SAHEEHAYN!

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I told you it was hard!:'(
Sis Umm_Shaheed!! Practise makes perfect Insha'allah!! ;) and besides, think of this as an opportunity to increase your Islamic readings!! perhaps you will come across hadeeth you never knew before and thus it will increase your knowledge insha'allah ;)

This isn't a competition you know :nervous: it's learning for all of us

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 04:55 PM
oooooooh man but it only says one!! ;D

ok here's one...
narrated by ibnu umar radiyallaahu 3anhu that the prophet sallalaahu 3alayhi wassallam :
if anybody is invited to a walimah ...he should go to it...(bil ma3naa)
......................THE SAHEEHAYN!
Yakfiki Ya bunayyah (Guess who's style :p)

Ok Ahsantee!! now do the drinking ones and then give us a question!!

A nice juuuuuuuiiicy question ;)

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
^^^^ that's true sis...inshaAllah we will benefit from you as you will from us !!

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Yakfi Ya bunayyah (Guess who's style :p)

Ok Ahsantee!! now do the drinking ones and then give us a question!!

A nice juuuuuuuiiicy question ;)

excuuuuuuuuse me maw!!.....

but if this isn't your question then ....why are you sitting back and making me sweat........:heated: :heated: ......

CUM ON MAW PICK YOUR FINGERS UP!!:rant: :rant:

...........J/K ;D

hey sunnah of :?:?i know it 's sunnah to sit that's about it ....i've gotta check in adab al-mufrad !!! :p

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2006, 05:02 PM

whoah u guys hav been writin all ova the place!!!

Whats the Question?

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 05:03 PM
But Princesssssssssss surely you will not deny me this rare privelege of being in charge of the thread!!! ;D ;D

Ok with the daleel ok? ;) and bring ALL the sunnahs!!

Heyyyyy this is Muraaja3ah right?? Umm Abdillah Indonesi would skin you guys alive if she knew you were soooooooooo lazy in revision!!! :rant: J/K ;D

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 05:03 PM

whoah u guys hav been writin all ova the place!!!

Whats the Question?

If you went a little back you would see it .

The Question(s) Is :

What are the Sunnah's of Drinking?

And also if you want to you can provide us with the Sunnahs of the Walimah.
Sis amirah has provided us with two, but maybe you can provide more?

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 05:06 PM
^^^^^ yeah this is good muraaja3ah alhamdulilah ,trust me she'll do more than skinning!!! ;D.....

THE QUESTION AKHEE ...IS WHAT IS THE SUNNAH FOR DRINKING!!

_------------------------

i'll be back i need to pray asr inshaAllah !!

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 06:02 PM
ass salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Ok inshaAllah i think i have a few about drinking

This is for the ruling of standing whilst drinking :

Narrated An-Nazzal:

All came to the gate of the courtyard (of the Mosque) and drank (water) while he was standing and said, "Some people dislike to drink while standing,
but I saw the Prophet doing (drinking water) as you have seen me doing now."

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet drank Zam-Zam (water) while standing

Here's another for not breathing in the vessel :
Narrated Abu Qatada:

Allah's Apostle said, "When you drink (water), do not breath in the vessel; and when you urinate, do not touch your penis with your right hand. And when you cleanse yourself after defecation, do not use your right hand."
Narrated Thumama bin Abdullah:

Anas used to breathe twice or thrice in the vessel (while drinking) and used to say that the Prophet; used to take three breaths while drinking.

And the prohibition of drinking in silver and gold vessels :Narrated Hudhaifa:

The Prophet said, "Do not drink in gold or silver utensils, and do not wear clothes of silk or Dibaj, for these things are for them (unbelievers) in this world and for you in the Hereafter."

And that alcohol is haraam :Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

"Alcoholic drinks were prohibited (by Allah) when there was nothing of it (special kind of wine) in Medina.

there's lots lots more but this should be enough inshaAllah!!

ok do i deserve to say PHEEEEEW NOW

Mawaddah
06-26-2006, 06:04 PM
YaY!! A BIG PHEEEEEEEEEWWWW for you now ;D ;D

Ok so where's the Big fat Juiiiiiiicy question?

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 06:09 PM
ok ok here it is !!

Question :

What is the ruling of the Mehr /Dowry in the Islamic Shari'ah and what is the daleel ?

Dhulqarnaeen
06-27-2006, 02:59 AM
WOW...masha Allah, I read a very good explanations here, jazakillah sisters. And you really wrote it from your mind sis mawaddah? :muddlehea Subhanallah, does you put prize for your head? :eek: ;D . Well explained, but I didnt mean to lengthen my hair below my shoulder ukhtee but yes maybe just about my shoulder. And yes maybe youre right that we may not (I mean the men) comb the hair if its not the usual tradition in here to do that, Allahu A'lam. It will be haram if its only done just top get everyones attention right? Masha Allah well done sis :)
And the sunnah of drinking water yee? Well...most of them were mentioned by sis mawaddah, but I only wanan add a little.
1. Rasulullah drink water in every three swallaows and then stop and then he drink again. I remember it but I cant recall the hadith right now :? . Maybe you can help somebody?
2. Sis...you forgot one thing, :rant: ya'ni drink with your right hand
3. And I heard my ustadh Badrusalam (He is graduated from Madinah University and study with Syaikh Abdulmuhsin Al Abbad) explained that syaikh Albani has one cassete taht explain the way RAsulullah drink. I dont remember the detail but the conclusion is its haram if we drinnk while we standing, And eating while standing sometimes practised by the companions. But of course he said that if we can find a sit then better eat with sitting. I was surprised to hear that, cause I always knew that eating while standing is haram, but its turned out that drinking while standing is the haram one. I dont know how syaikh Albani did the istinbath but for meanwhile I just follow it insha Allah.
4. And also before we drink we shoulod say bismillah, and if we forget we read bismillah awwal wal akheer, and in the end we say dua alhamdulillah, or more complete alhamdulillah hamdan katheeron mubarokan fiih, ghoiru makfiyeen wa laa muwaddain wa laa mustaghnaan 'anhu robbana
5. If we have a drink, ilke a milk or something tahts tasted great, then you should offer your parents first if theyre sitting with you there, and then the older one. Its adhaab, and also its birrul walidain :) .
6. I learnt about eating jamaah but is there also drinking jamaah? :giggling: But I think its just the same taht drinking together with jamaah will also bring barokah, right? Correct me if Im wrong, I just think drinking is included in a meal.
7. We may not drink in a hurry. We Must swallow it calmly.
Ok...thats some adding from me, sorry I rarely recall the hadith, not here in my mind right now :rollseyes

And about mahar?
1. As lighter as a mahar can be tahts the better. I heard one story from syaikh Uthaymeen, He told jamaah taht he ever marry some girl and man. And when he asked for teh mahar from the girls parent, the parent said "we just want a riyal from this man" The syaikh amazed and so surprised, he was like " are you serious?" And then the father said "yaa syaikh I marry my daughter with a man and its all what I want"...(or something like it :) )
2. Its haram to ask for big mahar to marry a girl Cause its mean to make the marry harder, but Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi nwasallam order us to make the marriage easier. In here, mahar always a ring, and a set of salah dress, and the Quran :rollseyes And sometimes the Quran even rarely readed :rant:

Someone maybe have more....insha Allah.

Next question, TELL ME THE SUNNAH OF DOING TAHAJJUD/QIYAMMUL LAIL !!! :)

Mawaddah
06-27-2006, 01:32 PM

3. And I heard my ustadh Badrusalam (He is graduated from Madinah University and study with Syaikh Abdulmuhsin Al Abbad) explained that syaikh Albani has one cassete taht explain the way RAsulullah drink. I dont remember the detail but the conclusion is its haram if we drinnk while we standing, And eating while standing sometimes practised by the companions. But of course he said that if we can find a sit then better eat with sitting. I was surprised to hear that, cause I always knew that eating while standing is haram, but its turned out that drinking while standing is the haram one. I dont know how syaikh Albani did the istinbath but for meanwhile I just follow it insha Allah.

What a coincidence. I was just listening to a cassette by Sheikh al-Albani on Drinking whilst I was coming to work today. (I love listening to him speak Masha'allah, he's just so eloquent and beautiful to listen to!!) The Sheikhs opinion is that it is Haraam to drink whilst standing up and one of the Hadeeths which he gives as proof is :

Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam saw a man drinking standing up and said to him "Qi' (i.e. spit it out) Would you like it if a Hirr was drinking with you?" So the man said 'No Ya Rasulullah' Whereas Rasulullah said "But verily someone worse than that was drinking with you, He is the Shaitaan"

And also another Hadeeth by Anas ibn Maalik He said that Rasulullah forbade anyone to drink standing up. So the Sahaabah asked Anas "So what about eating (standing up ) ? " And Anas said "Verily it is worse (than drinking standing up) "

And also a hadeeth by Abi Hurairah, He said that Rasulullah said "None of you should drink standing up, but if he has forgotten then he should spit out whatever he swallowed "

So Sheikh Albani said that concerning these hadeeth it is haram to drink standing up.....I am not so sure whether he said it is haram to eat standing up also? I will have to listen to the tape again Insha'allah....but if we go along with Hadeeth Anas, We can see that eating standing up is even worse than drinking standing up Saheeh? But Allahu A'lam, I'll do more research on this Insha'allah.

But Sheikh Muqbils opinion is that it is allowed to drink standing up, but it is just Makrooh to do so and it is better to drink sitting down.....Wallahu A'lam.

Mawaddah
06-27-2006, 01:35 PM
[PIE]Next question, TELL ME THE SUNNAH OF DOING TAHAJJUD/QIYAMMUL LAIL !!! [/PIE]

That's the next question By the Brother People :) Come on we need more participants!!

amirah_87
06-28-2006, 02:37 PM
ass salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah!!!!

Qiyaam al-layl/at-tahajjud is sunnah and not waajib , or was it sunnah mu'akkadah!! ??...i can't remember...inshaAllah if sum1 can correct that then plz do so!!....

Here i have enlisted sum Ahaadeth about how many rakahs are to be prayed , and the prophet sallalaahu 3alayhi wassallam used to strive towards it and never miss a prayer unless he was sick....i have also put in it's rewards and benefits..

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle used to offer eleven Rakat and that was his prayer. He used to prolong the prostration to such an extent that one could recite fifty verses (of the Quran) before he would lift his head. He used to pray two Rakat (Sunna) before the Fajr prayer and then used to lie down on his right side till the call-maker came and informed him about the prayer.

Narrated Jundab:

The Prophet became sick and did not get up (for Tahajjud prayer) for a night or two.

Narrated 'Ali bin Abi Talib

One night Allah's Apostle came to me and Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet and asked, "Won't you pray (at night)?" I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Our souls are in the hands of Allah and if He wants us to get up He will make us get up." When I said that, he left us without saying anything and I heard that he was hitting his thigh and saying, "But man is more quarrelsome than anything."

Narrated Al-Mughira:

The Prophet used to stand (in the prayer) or pray till both his feet or legs swelled. He was asked why (he offered such an unbearable prayer) and he said, "should I not be a thankful slave."

Narrated 'Aisha:

A woman from the tribe of Bani Asad was sitting with me and Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house and said, "Who is this?" I said, "(She is) So and so. She does not sleep at night because she is engaged in prayer." The Prophet said disapprovingly: Do (good) deeds which is within your capacity as Allah never gets tired of giving rewards till you get tired of doing good deeds."

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:

The Prophet "Whoever gets up at night and says: -- 'La ilaha il-lallah Wahdahu la Sharika lahu Lahu-l-mulk, waLahu-l-hamd wahuwa 'ala kullishai'in Qadir. Alhamdu lil-lahi wa subhanal-lahi wa la-ilaha il-lal-lah wa-l-lahu akbar wa la hawla Wala Quwata il-la-bil-lah.' (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. He is the Only One and has no partners . For Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are due for Him. He is Omnipotent. All the praises are for Allah. All the glories are for Allah. And none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, And Allah is Great And there is neither Might nor Power Except with Allah). And then says: -- Allahumma, Ighfir li(O Allah! Forgive me). Or invokes (Allah), he will be responded to and if he performs ablution (and prays), his prayer will be accepted."

PS :is this what the brother wanted , I did'nt really understand the question!
TELL ME THE SUNNAH OF DOING TAHAJJUD/QIYAMMUL LAIL !!! ......:?:?
but i hope this helps!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Ok what is the next question?

amirah_87
06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
ass salaamu aalykum..

what are the 5 things that our Prohet Muhammed was given ,and no other prophet was given before him!!???
plz give me the daleel for this...the narrater and it's takhreej ??

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
OOOOH I know this one!!!! But I'll let someone else have a go since it looks like I've hogged up most of the thread :X
Go Umm_Shaheed!! ;)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-28-2006, 02:51 PM
LOL..... ok i can't find that hadith.... although I kinda remember it. My mind is a bit fuzzy.:muddlehea :mmokay:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-28-2006, 05:35 PM

subhanAllah, i feel so ... unintelligent :( !!! I should be able to answer this!!

Mawaddah
06-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Ok since it seems like no one else is answering this question, I'll answer it ok?

So all of the five things are mentioned in this hadeeth :

قال النبي عليه السلام: أعطيت خمسا لم يعطهن أحد من الأنبيآء قبلي, نصرت بالرعب مسيرة شهر, وجعلت لي الأرض مسجدا وطهورا,فأيما رجل أدركته الصلاة فليصل, وأعطيت الشفاعة ولم تعط أحد من قبلي, وأحلت لي المغانم و لم تحل لأحد من الأنبياء قبلي,وكان النبي يبعث إلى قومه خآصة, وبعثت إلى الناس عامة

Rasulullah peace be upon him said : "I have been given five (things) which were not given to any of the Prophets before me. Allah has given me victory by casting fear (into the hearts of my enemies) from a months distance (before war), And the earth has been made Pure for me (for tayammum)and a place of worship, So if the time of Salaat were to come upon any man then let him pray, and I have been given the right of Intercession and it was not given to anyone before me, And War Booty has been made Halal for me and it was not Halal for any of the Prophets before me, And the Prophet used to be sent only to his own people, but I have been sent to All mankind"

I cannot remember the Sahaabi of the hadeeth though, since I'm reciting it from memory :-[ , and If I am not mistaken, I think this hadeeth is in the Saheehayn!!

Ok Next Question!!

What type of clothes did Our Prophet:arabic5: use to wear, and What is the daleel?
:w:

Abdullah4ever
06-28-2006, 08:30 PM

Ok this is from the book Shamail Tirmidhi.

Ummul Mu-mineen, Ummi Salamah Radiyallahu 'anha relates: "Of all the clothing, Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam preferred wearing the qamis (Thowb, kurtaa) the most". (Tirmidhi)

Abu Sa'eed Khudari (R.A) says, "When Rasulullah (S.A.W) put on a new garment, he would in happiness mention that garment's name. For example, 'Allah Ta'aala gave me this qamis (thowb, kurtah), 'amaamah (turban) sheet, etc" Then recited this du'aa: 'Allahumma lakal hamdu kama kasauw- tanihi, as-aluka khayrahu wa-khayra ma-suni'a lahu wa-a'u- dhu bika min sharrihi wa-sharri ma-suni'a lahu'. (Trimidhi)

Anas bin Maalik (R.A) says: "The sheet (body wrap) most liked by Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was the Yamaani printed sheet. (Tirmidhi)

Abu Juhayfah (R.A) says, "I saw Rasulullah (S.A.W) wearing a pair of red (coloured) clothing. The lusture of the feet of Rasulullah (S.A.W) is still befor me." Sufyaan (R.A) who is a norrator of this hadith says: "According to my understanding the pair (of clothing) was printed red."(Tirmidhi)

Baraa bin 'Aazib (R.A) says: "I have vever seen anybody more handsome in red clothing than Rasulullah (S.A.W). At that time, the hair of Rasulullah (S.A.W) reached his shoulders. (Tirmidhi)

Qaylah bin Makhramah (R.A) says: "I saw Rasulullah (S.A.W) in such a state that he was wearing two old lungis (sarong, waist wrap) that had been dyed a saffron colour but there was no sign of saffron left on it." (Tirmidhi

Ibn 'Abbaas (R.A) says that Rasulullah (S.A.W) used to say: " Choose white clothing, as it is the best clothing. White clothing should be worn whilst living, and the dead should be buried in white." (Tirmidhi)

I conclude the prophet liked wearing Lungi,Qamis, Amaamah (Turban), and red and white clothing.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-29-2006, 03:51 AM
ass salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah!!!!

Qiyaam al-layl/at-tahajjud is sunnah and not waajib , or was it sunnah mu'akkadah!! ??...i can't remember...inshaAllah if sum1 can correct that then plz do so!!....

Here i have enlisted sum Ahaadeth about how many rakahs are to be prayed , and the prophet sallalaahu 3alayhi wassallam used to strive towards it and never miss a prayer unless he was sick....i have also put in it's rewards and benefits..

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle used to offer eleven Rakat and that was his prayer. He used to prolong the prostration to such an extent that one could recite fifty verses (of the Quran) before he would lift his head. He used to pray two Rakat (Sunna) before the Fajr prayer and then used to lie down on his right side till the call-maker came and informed him about the prayer.

Narrated Jundab:

The Prophet became sick and did not get up (for Tahajjud prayer) for a night or two.

Narrated 'Ali bin Abi Talib

One night Allah's Apostle came to me and Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet and asked, "Won't you pray (at night)?" I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Our souls are in the hands of Allah and if He wants us to get up He will make us get up." When I said that, he left us without saying anything and I heard that he was hitting his thigh and saying, "But man is more quarrelsome than anything."

Narrated Al-Mughira:

The Prophet used to stand (in the prayer) or pray till both his feet or legs swelled. He was asked why (he offered such an unbearable prayer) and he said, "should I not be a thankful slave."

Narrated 'Aisha:

A woman from the tribe of Bani Asad was sitting with me and Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house and said, "Who is this?" I said, "(She is) So and so. She does not sleep at night because she is engaged in prayer." The Prophet said disapprovingly: Do (good) deeds which is within your capacity as Allah never gets tired of giving rewards till you get tired of doing good deeds."

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:

The Prophet "Whoever gets up at night and says: -- 'La ilaha il-lallah Wahdahu la Sharika lahu Lahu-l-mulk, waLahu-l-hamd wahuwa 'ala kullishai'in Qadir. Alhamdu lil-lahi wa subhanal-lahi wa la-ilaha il-lal-lah wa-l-lahu akbar wa la hawla Wala Quwata il-la-bil-lah.' (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. He is the Only One and has no partners . For Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are due for Him. He is Omnipotent. All the praises are for Allah. All the glories are for Allah. And none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, And Allah is Great And there is neither Might nor Power Except with Allah). And then says: -- Allahumma, Ighfir li(O Allah! Forgive me). Or invokes (Allah), he will be responded to and if he performs ablution (and prays), his prayer will be accepted."

PS :is this what the brother wanted , I did'nt really understand the question!
TELL ME THE SUNNAH OF DOING TAHAJJUD/QIYAMMUL LAIL !!! ......:?:?
but i hope this helps!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
Yes right sis, and the hukm is sunnah muakkadah. Cause Rasulullah encourage us to do it as often as we can in many hadith and there are a lot of rewards for someone who doing it frequently. But...I didnt ask for daleel of the hukm, but I want someone gave what sunnahs to do this qiyam? Such as sleeping early, and maybe miswak, etc, so I hope you can give more examples of sunnah in doing qiyamul lail. What I mean is, behavior of Rasulullah in doing qiam lail. Sorry if I didnt make my self clear.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-29-2006, 04:03 AM

subhanAllah, i feel so ... unintelligent :( !!! I should be able to answer this!!

:sl: :eek: Dont be like that! We all learning here :) . And I made this thread is not because Im expert about this, but I wanna share and I wanna know about sunnah that maybe I havent know before ;) , and its fun isnt it, to have a chance to study more. And all you should do akheel kareem is just reply to the questions as you can. If you have dalil then give the daleel along with the riwayah, but if you dont know the riwayah then ask for someones help that maybe they know and just write the hadith. And I think we dont need to give the takhreej if we have hadith about the matter, all we have to do is just give hadith and maybe we can show the takhreej from ulama. I mean which ulama said that this hadith sahih or hasan, etc. But if you cant show, just tell us what you memorize ok. Maybe someone in this room who is more knowledge can help you to show the takhreej. :) . ok akhee keep going insha Allah. Its fun and manfaat.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-29-2006, 04:08 AM
ass salaamu aalykum..

what are the 5 things that our Prohet Muhammed was given ,and no other prophet was given before him!!???
plz give me the daleel for this...the narrater and it's takhreej ??

wa alaykum ass salaam
Sis...I think its too difficult if we have to give the takhreej :brother: Do U mean we have to show all the sanad and all? Or do U mean we just have to show the takhreej from Ulama. Since takhreej means to show who give the hadith and where we can find the hadith. I think its just best if we gie daleel, and the riwayah, for example Hadith riwayah Bukhari and muslim, etc. And if we wanna more clear then just show the takhreej from ulama, example: syaikh Albani said this hadith is sahih, and I think tahts enough. Is there any idea? Im just afraid cause the questions is too hard then less participants wanna answer the thread, right.Fahm insha Allah

Dhulqarnaeen
06-29-2006, 04:10 AM
I think the questions back to "What is SUNNAH in doing qiyamul lail"...:brother: ...tafadhol

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 01:16 PM
^ Bro when she said she wants the takhrij she just wants to know whether it's narrated by Bukhari or Muslim or Tirmidhi etc. For example if the Hadeeth says "Akhrajahu Al-Bukhaari" that means that it was reported by Bukhaari......that's all, not the sanad and all.

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I think the questions back to "What is SUNNAH in doing qiyamul lail"...:brother: ...tafadhol

Ok I did some research on this :D and here are some Sunan and some good practises that will help people to do Qiyam al-Layl Insha'allah.

First of all, Qiyam al-Layl is Sunnah Mu'akkadah. Rasulullah said “You should pray qiyaam al-layl, for it is the habit of the righteous people who came before you, and it will bring you closer to your Lord, expiate for bad deeds, prevent sin, and expel disease from the body.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi and Ahmad).

And he said "The best of prayers after the prescribed prayers is qiyaam al-layl.”

From some of the Sunan is going to sleep early and preferrably right after Isha'. Narrated by Abu Barzah al-Aslami (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to prefer to delay ‘Ishaa’, and he did not like to sleep before it or talk after it. (Reported by al-Bukhaari).

Ibn Raafi’ said: “ ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to wave his stick at the people when darkness fell, and would say, ‘Get up and go, may Allaah help you to pray qiyaam at night!’”

Also it's good Sunnah to take a nap during the day so that it will be easier to wake up at night. This nap should be a light nap taken after Dhuhr and it's called 'Qayloolah' Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Take a nap, for the shayaateen do not take naps.”Reported by al-Tabaraani. Al-Saheehah,

Ishaaq ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: “Taking a nap is one of the deeds of good people. It revitalizes the heart and helps one to pray qiyaam al-layl.”

Also, eating lightly helps keep a person more alert and thus helps him to feel less lazy at waking up for Qiyam al-Layl ( Hmmm....I know a person in particular who likes to eat.....maybe I should tell him this ;D )

Sufyaan al-Thawri said: “You should eat little, so that you will be able to pray qiyaam al-layl.”

Wahb ibn Munbih said: “There is no son of Adam dearer to his shaytaan than the one who eats and sleeps a lot.”

A Person who fights against his nafs and strives to do Qiyaam al-Layl is greatly rewarded. Rasulullah said "“When a man from my ummah gets up to pray at night, striving against his own self to get up and purify himself, there are knots on him. When he washes his hands in wudoo’, one knot is undone. When he washes his face, another knot is undone. When he wipes his head another knot is undone. When he washes his feet, another knot is undone. Then Allaah says to those who are veiled (in the Unseen): ‘Look at this slave of Mine, he is striving against his own self and asking of Me. Whatever My slave asks of Me shall be his.” (Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Hibaan)

Also it's Sunnah that when one wakes up for Qiyaam al-Layl that he should first brush his teeth with Siwaak. I can't remember the Sahaabi right now :-\ but I think it is Hudhaifah ibn al-Yamaan, He said that when Rasulullah used to wake up for Qiyaam al-Layl he would first brush his teeth with Siwaak.

It's Sunnah also to make Qiyaam al-Layl towards the end part of the night. Aishah narrated that Rasululllah used to sleep in the beginning of the night and wake up and make Qiyaam towards the end of it

When Rasulullah used to make Qiyaam, his first two Rak'aat used to be light and short. Aishah said " When Rasulullah used to wake up for Qiyaam he would begin his prayers with two light Rak'ahs"

Also, if whilst one is praying one feels sleepy, he should lie down and rest until the sleep goes away. Rasulullah said " If one of you feels sleepy whilst praying, then let him rest/sleep until the sleepiness goes, For it might be that if one of you prays whilst he is sleepy then he might not realize what he is saying and thus curse himself "

I hope this is satisfactory for you Bro Dhulqarnaen?:rollseyes

Ok so the next question will be :

What Is the Sunnah when serving others something to Drink?

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Ass salaamu aalykum Maw!

Ok i only can think of one sunnah for that, and that is to start from the right hand side,

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Milk mixed with water was brought to Allah's Apostle while a bedouin was on his right and Abu Bakr was on his left. He drank (of it) and then gave (it) to the bedouin and said, 'The right" "The right (first)."

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:

Allah's Apostle was offered something to drink. He drank of it while on his right was a boy and on his left were some elderly people. He said to the boy, "May I give these (elderly) people first?" The boy said, "By Allah, O Allah's Apostle! I will not give up my share from you to somebody else." On that Allah's Apostle placed the cup in the hand of that boy.

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Ok since it seems like no one else is answering this question, I'll answer it ok?

So all of the five things are mentioned in this hadeeth :

قال النبي عليه السلام: أعطيت خمسا لم يعطهن أحد من الأنبيآء قبلي, نصرت بالرعب مسيرة شهر, وجعلت لي الأرض مسجدا وطهورا,فأيما رجل أدركته الصلاة فليصل, وأعطيت الشفاعة ولم تعط أحد من قبلي, وأحلت لي المغانم و لم تحل لأحد من الأنبياء قبلي,وكان النبي يبعث إلى قومه خآصة, وبعثت إلى الناس عامة

Rasulullah peace be upon him said : "I have been given five (things) which were not given to any of the Prophets before me. Allah has given me victory by casting fear (into the hearts of my enemies) from a months distance (before war), And the earth has been made Pure for me (for tayammum)and a place of worship, So if the time of Salaat were to come upon any man then let him pray, and I have been given the right of Intercession and it was not given to anyone before me, And War Booty has been made Halal for me and it was not Halal for any of the Prophets before me, And the Prophet used to be sent only to his own people, but I have been sent to All mankind"

I cannot remember the Sahaabi of the hadeeth though, since I'm reciting it from memory :-[ , and If I am not mistaken, I think this hadeeth is in the Saheehayn!!
:
BarakAllahu feek Maw ...the sahaabi war Jaabir Bin Abdillah...:peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Sufyaan al-Thawri said: “You should eat little, so that you will be able to pray qiyaam al-layl.”
Does this mean its harder to wake up if u eat too much? :eek:

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
ass salaamu alykum

is that question...or you just askin'........:?.....Anyways...yeah i guess that's what it means akhee! sleeping with a full stomach can make you sleep more!...Wallaahu a3lam!!

wa aalykum ass salaam!

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
^ I suppose it's because when one always eats until he is full, it makes him sluggish and that causes the person to sleep very deeply......I'm sure everyone has experienced this at one time or the other no?

And besides, it's Sunnah to only eat a portion of 1/3.

I'm just thinking now.....if we followed the Sunnah to the T there sure wouldn't be so much health problems yeah?

PRincess!!!!!!!! you didnt' give the next question!!!!!!

IceQueen~
06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
hmm umm shahid ur not the only one--i never seem to remeber the hadith word-for word either, and as for references...
i need to improve my memory-as they say use it or lose it! :)

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
So come join the thread and USE it then sis :p

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 02:20 PM
^ I suppose it's because when one always eats until he is full, it makes him sluggish and that causes the person to sleep very deeply......I'm sure everyone has experienced this at one time or the other no?

I'm just thinking now.....if we followed the Sunnah to the T there sure wouldn't be so much health problems yeah?

SubhanALlah, so the main cause of sluggishness is overeating. ANd Imam Abu Hanifah cursed those who are sluggish accordin to a book i got at home! Wallahi i will control my food better inshaAllah!

JazakAllah khair, i love this thread!!

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 02:24 PM
^ Masha'allah that's good bro......Oh yes, why dont you give us the next Question?

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 02:29 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Maw take the next question 4 me inshaAllah ..i'm a lil' bit busy!!!...wa iyyaaki sis....

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Ok I'll take it then Princess

This is an easy one though

Name all the other Nawaafil (voluntary) fasts and if possible bring the Daleel also Insha'allah :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 02:38 PM
^ Masha'allah that's good bro......Oh yes, why dont you give us the next Question?
i posted a quran question :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
Name all the other Nawaafil (voluntary) fasts and if possible bring the Daleel also Insha'allah :)

^ Thats the next question inshaAllah :)

amirah_87
^^^^^hmmm...which one shall i answer!!??

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Ok I'll take it then Princess

This is an easy one though

ass salaamu alaykum

The 10th of al-muharram
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

The Prophet observed the fast on the 10th of Muharram ('Ashura), and ordered (Muslims) to fast on that day, but when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, the fasting of the 'Ashura' was abandoned. 'Abdullah did not use to fast on that day unless it coincided with his routine fasting by chance.

Yawm al-aashuura
Narrated 'Aisha:

(The tribe of) Quraish used to fast on the day of Ashura' in the Pre-lslamic period, and then Allah's Apostle ordered (Muslims) to fast on it till the fasting in the month of Ramadan was prescribed; whereupon the Prophet said, "He who wants to fast (on 'Ashura') may fast, and he who does not want to fast may not fast."

that's all i culd think of ....and sawm daawud, but only peices of the hadeeth are floating around in my head!!.....

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
^ Awwww man Princess!! theres loads more besides Ashuraa!!! [MAD]get those books out and do muraaja'ah man!![/MAD]

So anyone else wish to add on to this Insha'allah? Baaaaarakallahu Feekum and May Allah make this a learning experience beneficial to everyone Insha'allah , Ilm is precious!! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 03:22 PM
umm, can you fast on the night of Qadr? what about the time he went to see heaven n hell? Can you fast on that night?

I dunno, reason why im not answerin that much is because im at work. When i go home i'll take all my books out :D

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 03:24 PM
^^^^ ass salaamu alykum Maw...... CUM OOOOON you did'nt ask for a trillion ahaadeeeth!!

wa alaykum ass salaam.......

*I'LL BE BACK*

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
^^^^ ass salaamu alykum Maw...... CUM OOOOON you did'nt ask for a trillion ahaadeeeth!!

wa alaykum ass salaam.......

*I'LL BE BACK*

I didn't ask for a *trillion* precisely but I DID say Alllllllll the Nawaafil fasts!!! :p

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 03:37 PM
umm, can you fast on the night of Qadr? what about the time he went to see heaven n hell? Can you fast on that night?

I dunno, reason why im not answerin that much is because im at work. When i go home i'll take all my books out :D

I'll just answer to the best of my understanding Insha'allah.

First of all, we do not know when exactly Laylatul Qadar Falls, and it is not like how some people claim to be on the 27th etc. because Rasulullah never specified a certain day and said that it is Laylatul Qadar. Rather he only said that it happens on one of the odd days fromt he last 10 nights.

Another thing, Fasting is Islaam is from daybreak to nightfall.....and there has never come any Daleel to show that Rasulullah fasted duringst the night time. Rather it is a sin for someone to delay breaking his fast on purpose, so How would it be for someone who intentionally fasts during the night? No.....this has never been prescribed by the Sunnah.

And as for when Rasulullah went to see heaven and hell (Mi'raaj) the celebrating of this occasion is an innovation (Bid'ah) therefore we should not single out this day with worship because RAsulullah nor his companions ever did it.

Wallahu A'lam. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong!!

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 08:22 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

I'M BACK MAW!! :D

with nothing though...:?

there;s this hadeeth by ayyub radiyallaahu 3anhu ...it goes sumthing like ....man saaam 3ashara min ash-shawwaal fa kannamaa saaama ad-dahr!!...... it's saheeh..in bukhari,muslim or both...that's it for me!
i can't think of anymore sis!!

wa alaykum ass salaam!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 08:25 PM

And as for when Rasulullah went to see heaven and hell (Mi'raaj) the celebrating of this occasion is an innovation (Bid'ah) therefore we should not single out this day with worship because RAsulullah nor his companions ever did it.

Wallahu A'lam. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong!!
SAHIH MUSLIM

Book 004, Number 1977:
Asma' reported: The sun eclipsed during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). As I went to 'A'isha who was busy in prayer. I said: What is the matter with the people that they are praying (a special prayer)? She ('A'isha) pointed towards the sky with her head. I said: Is it (an unusual) sign? She said: Yes. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) stood up for prayer for such a long time that I was about to faint. I caught hold of a waterskin lying by my side, and began to pour water over my head, or (began to sprinkle water) on my face. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) then finished and the sun had brightened. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) then addressed the people, (after) praising Allah and lauding Him, and then said: There was no such thing as I did not see earlier, but I saw it at this very place of mine. I ever saw Paradise and Hell. It was also revealed to me that you would be tried in the graves, as you would he tried something like the turmoil of the Dajjal. Asma' said: I do not know which word he actually used (qariban or mithl), and each one of you would be brought and it would be said: What is your knowledge about this man? If the person is a believer, (Asma' said: I do not know whether it was the word al-Mu'min or al-Mu'qin) he would say: He is Muhammad and he is the Messenger of Allah. He brought to us the clear signs and right guidance. So we responded and obeyed him. (He would repeat this three times), and it would be said to him: You should go to sleep. We already knew that you are a believer in him. So the pious man would go to sleep. So far as the hypocrite or sceptic is concerned (Asma' said: I do not know which word was that: al-Munafiq (hypocrite) or al-Murtad (doubtful) he would say: I do not know. I only uttered whatever I heard people say.

Can any1 please tell me what this is about inshaAllah :)

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
^ What are you trying to prove with this Hadeeth Brother? I'm sorry but what does this have to do with Isra' and Mi'raaj? This hadeeth is merely telling about the Salaat of the Eclipse.

Maybe I dont get your point, would you care to elaborate please?

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 09:19 PM
^^^^ i was thinkin' along the same lines !!...elaboration needed!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 09:20 PM
i see jazakAllah khair, no it had nothing to do wiv isra or miraj thats why i never mentioned those. lets just say i was a bit confused as to wat this hadith was indicating. :eek:

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Oh, I see brother, but you had put that Hadeeth under what I had said about the Mi'raaj

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 09:24 PM
So does anyone care to supply us with more types of Nawaafil fasting? The question was still not properly answered

Ya Amiirah, ma sa aquul laki Baarakallah Feek li annaki la33aaaabah!! Go and do your Muraaja3ah dhalheen!! ;D

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 09:25 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

hmmm...so do you understand it now akhee...(the hadeeth)

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Oh, I see brother, but you had put that Hadeeth under what I had said about the Mi'raaj
i was searching for hadith about when rasullulah saws saw heaven and hell, and when i came across this i wondered, eh wats this about? So i decided to ask :D, lol i did hav a small feelin its to do wiv mi'raaj (lets be honest) but jazakAllah khair 4 clearin it up. its jus eclipse i understand now :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 09:26 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

hmmm...so do you understand it now akhee...(the hadeeth)

wa alaykum ass salaam
ye crystal! JAzakAllah khair wa barakAllah feek

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 09:28 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

I'M BACK MAW!! :D

with nothing though...:?

there;s this hadeeth by ayyub radiyallaahu 3anhu ...it goes sumthing like ....man saaam 3ashara min ash-shawwaal fa kannamaa saaama ad-dahr!!...... it's saheeh..in bukhari,muslim or both...that's it for me!
i can't think of anymore sis!!

wa alaykum ass salaam!
^^^^ my last answer read and weep!!

ass salaamu aalykum

hey hey hey cum on Maw you think i'm a livin' google!!!..i'm no rain women!!

you want me to go open up all the fiqh books now ey ??....i will !! kulla shay mate!!

wa aalykum ass salaam!!........*storms off,:offended: and is very very offended by being called a la33aabah!!!...*

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 09:31 PM
^ storms off indeedy ;D I still see you online!!! ;D ;D

:p Awwwwwwww as IF You have never been called La33aabah before.....werent we the 'la33aabaat' in Dammaj? :shade:

It's all good sis, Revision!!!!! ;)

To anyone who hasn't seen the Question

Name the Nawaafil fasting (voluntary fasting) with Daleel please :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2006, 09:54 PM

Name the Nawaafil fasting (voluntary fasting) with Daleel please :)

lol ive been tryin this all this time believe it or not, i cant find any daleel :(

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 09:56 PM
hmmmm......

the hadeeth that i mentioned earlier narrated by ABI AYYUB is in saheeh al-muslim!!

there's ayyaam al-biyd!
narrarated abu dharr radiyallaahu 3anhu...

the prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wass sallam commanded us to fast from every month three days...the 13th, 14th and the 15th!
(rawaahu an-nasaa'i wa at-tirmidhi wa sahahahu ibnu hibbaan)

AND:

Narrated ibn Umar radiyallaahu 3anhumaa , the Prophet observed the sawm on the 10th of muharram and ordered muslims to observe saum on that day, but when the fasting of the month of ramadan was prescribed, the fasting of the ashuraa was abandoned .abdullah did noit use fast on that day unless it coincided with his routine fasting by chance.

there's sawm ad-dhar but the hadeth is real long!! :p

........ i've got more ...hang on ok!!

HMPPHHFFT!!!

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
ASS SALAAMU AALYKUM

And there's sawm daawuud:

narrated abdilah bin amr ibn aasi.the prophet said to me : you observe sawm daily all the year and offer salat all the night ?
ireplied in the affirmative . the prphet said: if you keep on doing this, your eyes will become weak and your body will egt tired. he who observes sawm all the year is as he who did not sawm at all . observing sawm on three days willbe equal to observing sawm of the whole year.
i replied : i ahve the strentgh for more than this!
the prophet said: then observe sawm like the fasting of dawuud who used to observe sawm on alternate days and would never flee from the battle field on meeting the enemy!!.......

and in another hadeth by ibn amr'
" there is no sawm superior to that of the prophet daawuud it was half of the year , so observe on alternate days...."

and i mentioned the aashuraa right:?:?

that's about it Maw ...my shoulders and backs killing me!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

ps: complain one more time sis and wacth!! :Evil:

Dhulqarnaeen
06-30-2006, 02:27 AM
Ok I did some research on this :D and here are some Sunan and some good practises that will help people to do Qiyam al-Layl Insha'allah.

First of all, Qiyam al-Layl is Sunnah Mu'akkadah. Rasulullah said “You should pray qiyaam al-layl, for it is the habit of the righteous people who came before you, and it will bring you closer to your Lord, expiate for bad deeds, prevent sin, and expel disease from the body.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi and Ahmad).

And he said "The best of prayers after the prescribed prayers is qiyaam al-layl.”

From some of the Sunan is going to sleep early and preferrably right after Isha'. Narrated by Abu Barzah al-Aslami (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to prefer to delay ‘Ishaa’, and he did not like to sleep before it or talk after it. (Reported by al-Bukhaari).

Ibn Raafi’ said: “ ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to wave his stick at the people when darkness fell, and would say, ‘Get up and go, may Allaah help you to pray qiyaam at night!’”

Also it's good Sunnah to take a nap during the day so that it will be easier to wake up at night. This nap should be a light nap taken after Dhuhr and it's called 'Qayloolah' Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Take a nap, for the shayaateen do not take naps.”Reported by al-Tabaraani. Al-Saheehah,

Ishaaq ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: “Taking a nap is one of the deeds of good people. It revitalizes the heart and helps one to pray qiyaam al-layl.”

Also, eating lightly helps keep a person more alert and thus helps him to feel less lazy at waking up for Qiyam al-Layl ( Hmmm....I know a person in particular who likes to eat.....maybe I should tell him this ;D )

Wahb ibn Munbih said: “There is no son of Adam dearer to his shaytaan than the one who eats and sleeps a lot.”

A Person who fights against his nafs and strives to do Qiyaam al-Layl is greatly rewarded. Rasulullah said "“When a man from my ummah gets up to pray at night, striving against his own self to get up and purify himself, there are knots on him. When he washes his hands in wudoo’, one knot is undone. When he washes his face, another knot is undone. When he wipes his head another knot is undone. When he washes his feet, another knot is undone. Then Allaah says to those who are veiled (in the Unseen): ‘Look at this slave of Mine, he is striving against his own self and asking of Me. Whatever My slave asks of Me shall be his.” (Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Hibaan)

Also it's Sunnah that when one wakes up for Qiyaam al-Layl that he should first brush his teeth with Siwaak. I can't remember the Sahaabi right now :-\ but I think it is Hudhaifah ibn al-Yamaan, He said that when Rasulullah used to wake up for Qiyaam al-Layl he would first brush his teeth with Siwaak.

It's Sunnah also to make Qiyaam al-Layl towards the end part of the night. Aishah narrated that Rasululllah used to sleep in the beginning of the night and wake up and make Qiyaam towards the end of it

When Rasulullah used to make Qiyaam, his first two Rak'aat used to be light and short. Aishah said " When Rasulullah used to wake up for Qiyaam he would begin his prayers with two light Rak'ahs"

Also, if whilst one is praying one feels sleepy, he should lie down and rest until the sleep goes away. Rasulullah said " If one of you feels sleepy whilst praying, then let him rest/sleep until the sleepiness goes, For it might be that if one of you prays whilst he is sleepy then he might not realize what he is saying and thus curse himself "

I hope this is satisfactory for you Bro Dhulqarnaen?:rollseyes

Ok so the next question will be :

What Is the Sunnah when serving others something to Drink?
WOW...there are a lot of posts while Im not here +o( I hoped I could on line the same time as you guys :hiding: . But youre online when I was sleeping. :X
So...thats great sis mawaddah and jazakillah khair for the answer and thats what I wanted yes, masha Allah. But, maybe I wanna add more information that maybe a lot of people dont know about this ruling. I confuced my self when I see this ruling for the first time U know. So...Im talking about "we may qadha salah tahajud if we didnt do it at night", do U ever hear it before. Tell you the truth, when I knew about this in the first time I was surprised cause I didnt know about it before. So Im afraid my bros and sisters dont know about it too, so I will try to explain a little bit more with daleel insha Allah.
So...if theres someone who usually wake at night, and then he has niyah to wake up at night and do qiyamul lail but then he overslept, or there is something obstacles that made him cant do qiyamul lail, so its sunnah for him to do it after fajr according to hadith:" from Umar bin Khattab radhiallahu anhu he said "anyone who got overslept and miss his wirid (at night) or he doesnt do what he usually do (at night), then if he read it between fajr and zuhr, then it will be written a reward as if he did it at night" (HR. Muslim).

And also hadith from Aisha radhiallahu anha she said:"If Rasulullah sleep at night because of sick or another reason (that make him cant do tahajud), and in the day he will pray 12 rakaahs".(HR. Muslim).

So...do U ever ear of this? Or its just me who never hear about it? ;D So thats it my addition insha Allah. I hope manfaat.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-30-2006, 02:35 AM
Ooh whats the next question?
I think about nawafil fasting has been answered by sis Amirah right, and it made sis mawaddah silent cause sis Amirah threatened her :nervous: may not threaten threaten ;D .
Ok, the next question is:
" TELL ME SUNNAH IN TA'ZIYAH????"
You know ta'ziyah right, visiting someone who lost one of his family. (I mean dead :( its just hard to find the right word sometimes)
Ok...Im WAITING.
And I hope there will be more people who want to join this thread so they will have a lot of manfaat from the posts insha Allah. May Allah bless us all and give us hight spirit to seek knowledges, amin.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-30-2006, 02:50 AM

Masha Allah sis, I just found out that its ok we eat till is full but what is forbidden is eating till its overload ;D . Cause you know, the words " Rasulullah sto eating before full and will nto eat before he feel hungry is a maudhu hadith. And also hadith that said 1/3 for food, and 1/3 for water and1/3 for the air, I think its also dhoif. I dont remember where I hear about the takhreej :rollseyes . But it doesnt mean the words above wrong according to science. Maybe its just a method of healthy life but sometimes awwam people think that its hadith, or they included it as hadith without their knowledges, Allahu A'lam. Correct me if Im wrong ok

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Masha Allah sis, I just found out that its ok we eat till is full but what is forbidden is eating till its overload ;D . Cause you know, the words " Rasulullah sto eating before full and will nto eat before he feel hungry is a maudhu hadith. And also hadith that said 1/3 for food, and 1/3 for water and1/3 for the air, I think its also dhoif. I dont remember where I hear about the takhreej :rollseyes . But it doesnt mean the words above wrong according to science. Maybe its just a method of healthy life but sometimes awwam people think that its hadith, or they included it as hadith without their knowledges, Allahu A'lam. Correct me if Im wrong ok
You're definitely wrong about the 1/3 hadeeth Bro DhulQarnaen!! That's a Saheeh hadeeth Barakallahu Feek and it was not made up by some Awwam people just to include into their method of eating. Look at the hadeeth here :) :

Rasulullah said: “The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi , Ibn Maajah ,classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
ASS SALAAMU AALYKUM

And there's sawm daawuud:

narrated abdilah bin amr ibn aasi.the prophet said to me : you observe sawm daily all the year and offer salat all the night ?
ireplied in the affirmative . the prphet said: if you keep on doing this, your eyes will become weak and your body will egt tired. he who observes sawm all the year is as he who did not sawm at all . observing sawm on three days willbe equal to observing sawm of the whole year.
i replied : i ahve the strentgh for more than this!
the prophet said: then observe sawm like the fasting of dawuud who used to observe sawm on alternate days and would never flee from the battle field on meeting the enemy!!.......

and in another hadeth by ibn amr'
" there is no sawm superior to that of the prophet daawuud it was half of the year , so observe on alternate days...."

and i mentioned the aashuraa right:?:?

that's about it Maw ...my shoulders and backs killing me!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

ps: complain one more time sis and wacth!! :Evil:
Awwwww man Princess you really DID go and look up all the hadeeths :statisfie :statisfie I'm so happyyyyy!! :p But I'm still upset because there's nothing left to complain about now:offended: It's fun to see you get your hackles up ;D ;D

J/K :p Barakallahu Feek!! it's all in the name of revision innit ;)

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 02:48 PM
So...if theres someone who usually wake at night, and then he has niyah to wake up at night and do qiyamul lail but then he overslept, or there is something obstacles that made him cant do qiyamul lail, so its sunnah for him to do it after fajr according to hadith:" from Umar bin Khattab radhiallahu anhu he said "anyone who got overslept and miss his wirid (at night) or he doesnt do what he usually do (at night), then if he read it between fajr and zuhr, then it will be written a reward as if he did it at night" (HR. Muslim).

And also hadith from Aisha radhiallahu anha she said:"If Rasulullah sleep at night because of sick or another reason (that make him cant do tahajud), and in the day he will pray 12 rakaahs".(HR. Muslim).

So...do U ever ear of this? Or its just me who never hear about it? ;D So thats it my addition insha Allah. I hope manfaat.

Yes I knew about this before Brother barakallahu Feek......and this same ruling applies to any Sunnah salaat which we usually do but for some reasons we missed. Such as Dhuhaa or any others......:)

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok, the next question is:
" TELL ME SUNNAH IN TA'ZIYAH????"
You know ta'ziyah right, visiting someone who lost one of his family.
It is prescribed in Islam to offer condolences to the family of the deceased. This should take the form of whatever is thought will bring them consolation, stem their grief and help them to be patient.
Condolences should be offered in the manner reported from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) if one can remember that, otherwise in whatever good words come easily to one which will achieve the same purpose and which do not go against Islam.
It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Lillahi Maa Akhadha Wa lillahi Maa a3taa Wa Kullun 3indahu ilaa Ajalin Musamma Fasbir Wahtasib “To Allaah belongs that which He has taken and that which He gives, and with Him everything has an appointed end, so be patient and seek reward.” Al-Bukhaari

Two things must be avoided:

Gathering to offer condolences, even though the people do that.

The family of the deceased preparing food to offer to those who come to offer condolences.

The Sunnah is for the relatives and neighbours of the deceased to make food enough for the bereaved family. Wallahu A'lam

Next Question :

Mention a Hadeeth in which there is a Poem said by Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam :sister:

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

....i'm gonna post in one of may favourites...and you did say one Maw....not a handful!!

This is one the prophet sallalaahu 3ayhui wassallam said yawm al-khandaq :

‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏البراء ‏ ‏رضي الله عنه ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏كان النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏ينقل التراب يوم ‏ ‏الخندق ‏ ‏حتى ‏ ‏أغمر ‏ ‏بطنه ‏ ‏أو اغبر بطنه ‏ ‏يقول ‏:
‏والله لولا الله ما اهتدينا ‏
‏ولا تصدقنا ولا صلينا ‏
‏فأنزلن سكينة علينا ‏
‏وثبت الأقدام إن لاقينا ‏
‏إن الألى قد بغوا علينا ‏
‏إذا أرادوا فتنة أبينا ‏
‏ورفع بها صوته أبينا أبينا ‏

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

....i'm gonna post in one of may favourites...and you did say one Maw....not a handful!!

This is one the prophet sallalaahu 3ayhui wassallam said yawm al-khandaq :

‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏البراء ‏ ‏رضي الله عنه ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏كان النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏ينقل التراب يوم ‏ ‏الخندق ‏ ‏حتى ‏ ‏أغمر ‏ ‏بطنه ‏ ‏أو اغبر بطنه ‏ ‏يقول ‏:
‏والله لولا الله ما اهتدينا ‏
‏ولا تصدقنا ولا صلينا ‏
‏فأنزلن سكينة علينا ‏
‏وثبت الأقدام إن لاقينا ‏
‏إن الألى قد بغوا علينا ‏
‏إذا أرادوا فتنة أبينا ‏
‏ورفع بها صوته أبينا أبينا ‏
Niiiiiiiice Princess!! Hey I also like this simple one too :D
أنا النبي لا كذب
أناابن عبدالمطلب

Ok next quest please? And make it interesting ;)

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 03:59 PM
you know what i like aswell.....

the prophets finger bled whilst he was in jihaad or sumthing...and then he goes:

Hal anti illaa usbu3in dameetiy ........ Wa fi sabililaahi ma laqeetiy!!

.........AND ANOTHER IN KITAAB AL-MAGHAAZI.....

Allaahumma laa 3aysha illaa 3aYsh al-Aakhir.....Fagfir lil-Ansaar wal Muhaajirah

that ones beautiful isn't it!!

NEXT QUESTION ...LEMME THINK!!

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 04:02 PM
ASS SALAAMU ALAYKUM maw!....you know 3ilm al-mawaareeth!!???

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 04:11 PM
you know what i like aswell.....

the prophets finger bled whilst he was in jihaad or sumthing...and then he goes:

Hal anti illaa usbu3in dameetiy ........ Wa fi sabililaahi ma laqeetiy!!

.........AND ANOTHER IN KITAAB AL-MAGHAAZI.....

Allaahumma laa 3aysha illaa 3aYsh al-Aakhir.....Fagfir lil-Ansaar wal Muhaajirah

that ones beautiful isn't it!!

NEXT QUESTION ...LEMME THINK!!
OH YES I love those Poems soooooooo Much masha'allah :wub:

Hey do you know this one also? I love it to death :D but I can't remember who was the one who recited it ? and then the Prophet said "Sadaqa............" I forget the name (like usual :X) it goes like this :

رجل وثور تحت رجل يمينه
والنسر للأخرى وليث مرصد

والشمس تطلع كل آخر ليلة
حمرآء تصبح لونها يتورد

تأبى فما تطلع لنا في رسلها
إلا معذبة وإلا تجلد

And no I dont know much about Mawaarith :( but just ask the question and someone will answer insha'allah..........Or maybe I can just research the topic :)

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 04:15 PM
^^^^ Oh no i don't know this one Maw!!...it's nice though MaashaAllah!!

i'll leave the Mawaareeth question ?.....i luv the subject to bits though! :wub:

ok next question :

Who will be the first person to eneter Paradise , and gimme the daleel plz

and if you are able to the authenticity of this hadeeth and the book it's in??

barakAllaahu feekum...

wa alaykum ass salaam!

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 04:18 PM
^ Awww I thought you was going to put a Mawaareeth question!! come on put one up!! I never had much interest in the topic but I want to do research on it Insha'allah!! post one up Princess!!

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Answer that 1 first and the mawareeth one'll be your treat... :happy:

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
amirah_87
ok next question :

Who will be the first person to eneter Paradise , and gimme the daleel plz

and if you are able to the authenticity of this hadeeth and the book it's in??

barakAllaahu feekum...
wa alaykum ass salaam!

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first group to enter Paradise will look like the moon when it is full. They will not spit or blow their noses or defecate. Their vessels will be of gold, their combs will be of gold and silver, their incense burners will be of aloes-wood and their sweat will be musk. Each one of them will have two wives whose marrow can be seen through their flesh because of their beauty, and there will be no disputes or grudges among them. Their hearts will be as one and they will glorify Allaah morning and evening.” Bukhari and Muslim

Rasulullah said “The people of Paradise are 120 rows, of which eighty are from this ummah and the other forty from all the other nations.” Reported by al-Tirmidhi, and it's Hasan

And I know another hadeeth in which it says that the Poor people will enter Paradise 500 or 5000 years before the rich people.......but I cannot remember now who will be the first? :?

I will have to do more research later Insha'allah, right now I have to go for Jumu'ah!!!! :happy: Wassalamu'alaikum

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 04:35 PM
^^^^ inshaAllah Maw!!....but i asked who will be the "FIRST person" that will go through the doors of Jannah ....b4 anyone esle????

Have a nice time @ the Jumm3ah prayer inshaAllah!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
^^^^ inshaAllah Maw!!....but i asked who will be the "FIRST person" that will go through the doors of Jannah ....b4 anyone esle????

Have a nice time @ the Jumm3ah prayer inshaAllah!

Abu Bakr RA do i hav to giv daleel? lol

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh! Ohh!!! This fragment of a Hadeeth just came to my mind!! I dont know if I got it right but here it goes :

Ana Awwalu man yaduqqu Baab al-Jannah........

So does that mean that the Prophet Muhammad is the first one yeah? :?

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 04:41 PM

Abu Bakr RA do i hav to giv daleel? lol

Everything in this thread has to be accompanied with Daleel insha'allah! Thats the best way to learn Islam isn't it?

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 04:43 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

^^^^ yeah everything with a daleel ppl that's always the best!!....

the first one to enter Jannah is our prophet Muhammed ..but gimme daleel and which book it's in plz guys :happy:

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 04:48 PM
oh i thought u meant the first person, not the first of the Ambiyah :heated: lol, i kno ambiyah are people but rasullulah saws said that Abu Bakr RA would be the first of the "followers" to enter jannah, i may be wrong...

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

^^^^ yeah everything with a daleel ppl that's always the best!!....

the first one to enter Jannah is our prophet Muhammed ..but gimme daleel and which book it's in plz guys :happy:

wa alaykum ass salaam

Princess I just gave the part of the hadeeth, Rasulullah said " Ana awwalu man yaduqqu Abwaab al-Jannah" I am the first one to knock on the doors of Jannah
So can you complete the rest please? I gotta runnnnnnn

Wassalam

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
yeah...i was speakin' in general...including the ANBIYAA who ARE ppl ;D ;D

So...DALEEL ANYONE :?

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Maw!!....it's Not Really Clear...he Knocks On It But Then :?:?

I'm Lookin For One Which Is Much More Sareeh/clear!...

amirah_87
07-01-2006, 02:32 PM
as salaamu alaykum

anyone have an idea....:?

ok i'll post it in...

Narrated Anas bin Malik radiallaahu 3anhu that the prophet said: i will come to the door of Pradiseon the day of judegement .I will ask for it to be opened.Then the guard will say : Who are you? then i will say :Muhammed , then he will say: Ihave been rdered that i should not open it for anyone before..!!
saheeh muslim

and hadeeth Hudayfah radiyalaahu 3anhu that the Prophet said:
All the sons of Adam will be udner my banner on the day of judgdement and i will be the first for whom the door of paradise will be opened...
saheeh al-jaami3!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-01-2006, 07:26 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

sum1 else take the next question plz inshaAllah.....

barakallahu feekum!!

wa alaykum ass salam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-01-2006, 09:30 PM

QUESTION: What is the sunnah on Holding a Grudge?

Dhulqarnaeen
07-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Princess I just gave the part of the hadeeth, Rasulullah said " Ana awwalu man yaduqqu Abwaab al-Jannah" I am the first one to knock on the doors of Jannah
So can you complete the rest please? I gotta runnnnnnn

Wassalam
What about hadith when Rasulullah ask Bilal "Bilal, what are you doing, cause I heard the step of your sandal "in front of" me in jannah..."...is that mean Bilal will enter jannah before Rasulullah (but i think its impossible :rollseyes "? Silly question I know, but can someone explain?

amirah_87
07-02-2006, 12:56 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

DHUL!....Allaahu a3lam!!...could you bring the whole hadeeth in...
barakllaahu feek!

wa alaykum ass salaam

Dhulqarnaeen
07-03-2006, 01:17 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

DHUL!....Allaahu a3lam!!...could you bring the whole hadeeth in...
barakllaahu feek!

wa alaykum ass salaam
Mmmm...I dont remember the whole hadith, but ulama include this hadith as hadith that explain the reward of salah sunah wudhu.
Rasulullah said: "Yaa Bilal, what did you do that I hear the sound of your sandal walking in front of me in jannah", and then Bilal praised Rasulullah and said "Nothing special yaa Rasulullah, but I love to do salah 2 rakaah after taking wudhu". This hadith is not complete, that why I ask you all maybe someone got the complete one and can explain the meaning. wa iyyaki

amirah_87
07-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Ass salaamu alaykum

Again i'm gonna have to say Allaahu a3lam , if i knew which book it was in i coulda check it's shrah for you but i don't !!
i have a feelin' that this does'nt have anything to do with Bilal being in jannah before the Prophet salalaaahu 3alayhi wassallam..but it just proves that bilal is one of the Mubasheereen in paradise!!
and Allah knows best!

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-03-2006, 04:24 PM

QUESTION: What is the sunnah on Holding a Grudge?

Ok this was the last question ppl!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok this was the last question ppl!!
i was wonderin when this will be braught to attention ;D , should i answer it? I got quite a good answer :D

amirah_87
07-03-2006, 05:54 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

plz go ahead and benfit us akhee then..i can't think of an answer , but i bet if you mention yours it'll all cum back *rollseyes*

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Mmmm...I dont remember the whole hadith, but ulama include this hadith as hadith that explain the reward of salah sunah wudhu.
Rasulullah said: "Yaa Bilal, what did you do that I hear the sound of your sandal walking in front of me in jannah", and then Bilal praised Rasulullah and said "Nothing special yaa Rasulullah, but I love to do salah 2 rakaah after taking wudhu". This hadith is not complete, that why I ask you all maybe someone got the complete one and can explain the meaning. wa iyyaki
Assalamu'alaikum

This doesn't have anything to do with Bilaal entering Jannah first Wallahu A'lam, this is merely an indication of Bilaal entering Jannah because of his Sunnah Salaats.
This hadeeth was mentioned in Kitaab Sunnah for Ibn Abi 3aasim under Fadhaa'il Bilaal.
I'll do some research on it Insha'allah when I get back home and maybe tomorrow I will be able to post what I find insha'allah.

Mawaddah
07-03-2006, 06:00 PM
i was wonderin when this will be braught to attention ;D , should i answer it? I got quite a good answer :D

Lets hear it then Insha'allah!! I can't really remember my hadeeths today for some reason.........

amirah_87
07-03-2006, 08:14 PM

ass salaamu alaykum...

TICK TOCK!! i'm still waiting !!:uhwhat

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-03-2006, 08:17 PM
ass salaamu alaykum...

TICK TOCK!! i'm still waiting !!:uhwhat

wa alaykum ass salaam
and in that way shall you stay ;D ;D

naa sis, i intend to do it after maghrib inshaAllah, lol its kinda a long answer.

amirah_87
07-03-2006, 09:41 PM
and in that way shall you stay ;D ;D

naa sis, i intend to do it after maghrib inshaAllah, lol its kinda a long answer.

ass salaamu alaykum

DOUBLE TICK TOCK! :rant: it's nearly Ishaa now!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

DOUBLE TICK TOCK! :rant: it's nearly Ishaa now!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
can i post it tomorrow after i come back from work :X

im sry, i got caught up in the Quran thread :(

amirah_87
07-03-2006, 09:51 PM
ASS SALAAMU ALAYKUM

*Gets the daggers out* :raging: :raging: :raging:

WA ALAYKUM ASS SALAAM

family
07-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I have a question
which way are we suppose to move our fingers? i've seen people do it but i don't actually do it
can some one give me more info on it
Wasalaam

Mawaddah
07-04-2006, 04:58 AM
edit

Dhulqarnaeen
07-04-2006, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by family
I have a question
which way are we suppose to move our fingers? i've seen people do it but i don't actually do it
can some one give me more info on it
Wasalaam

According sunnah and explanations of the scholars, we move our finger up and down, from teh start of tasyahud till the end. UP AND DOWN, and I saw my asatudhah move it not fast and also not too slow, and there are some muslims who move it like a circle, and its wrong. Or there are some of them who raise their finger only when they say "asyhadu alla ilaha ilallah" and its also wrong. Its the opinion of Imam Syaifii and in this matter He -rahimahullah- is wrong, and its corrected by Imam Nawawi, and ulama mutaakhireen. And also Theres no explanation form the scholars about moving the finger cyrcling or raise it in "asyhadualla...".
So the right attitude is move it up and down. And Imam Ahmad narated, Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam said "the moving of the fingers felt heavy by syaithon". Allahu A'lam.

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:03 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

BRO' DHUL...this hadeeth .."movin' the finger up and down" is da3eef min qism as-shaad!!...
shadda bihi "Zaaida Ibn Qudaama" wa khaalafa 13 min ar-ruwaah :p

but al-Albaany rahimahullah says it's saheeh!....but i go with the qawl of it being da3eef!! That's what my teachers and most of Ulamaah al-Yemen have come to a conclusion with and i agree with it too...
and the right way is to just keep your finger pointed upwards and straight, without any movement!!...i can't remember the hadeeth it's in though...if any1 can remember it than plz post it in..

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok, so this morning I did some research after Fajr and I looked up Fath al-Baari for the Sharh of this hadeeth. The complete Hadeeth goes :

عن أبي هريرة أن النبي قال لبلال " يا بلال حدتني بأرجى عمل عملته في الإسلام فإني سمعت دف نعليك بين يدي في الجنة" قال "ما عملت عملا أرجى عندي أني لم أتطهر طهورا في ساعة ليل أو نهارا إلا صليت بذالك الطهور ما كتب لي أن أصلي"

From Abi Hurairah that Rasulullah said to Bilaal "O Bilaal Tell me of the most favorable Deed you have done in Islaam for verily I heard the fall of your shoes in front of me in Jannah" So He (Bilaal) Said " I have not done a Deed more favorable to me except that there is not One time that I purify myself (i.e. Wudhoo) Whether it is at day or at night except that after I purify myself I pray those prayers which were prescribed for me to pray (i.e. voluntary prayers) "

Al-Karmaani said " From what we see from this hadeeth is that Rasulullah peace be upon him heard Bilaals footsteps in His (sallallahu alahi wa sallam) Sleep , Because no one enters Jannah except after death. And it is possible also that Rasulullah heard Bilaals footsteps whilst he was awake because we know that Rasulullah entered Jannah duringst the night of Mi'raaj.
As for Bilaal, this hadeeth does not necessitate him entering Jannah before Rasulullah because when Rasulullah said " In Jannah" this is merely where the Hearing took place, i.e. Rasulullah was In Jannah But the footsteps of Bilaal were actually Outside of Jannah.

Princess I copied some notes from Fath al-Baari relating to this but I'm having difficulty translating them, do you mind seeing if you can understand it better than me Insha'allah? Here it is :

و لا يلزم دخوله الجنة قبل النبي لأنه في مقام التابع وكأنه أشار إلى بقاء بلال على ما كان عليه في حال حياته واستمراره على قرب منزلته

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Okayyyyy so since no one has the answer for The Sunnah in Holding a Grudge and since the person who gave out the Question seems to have forgotten to put up the answer for us poor people waiting here We will ignore it and move on!!! :Evil:

So next Question :

What is the Sunnah when visiting a Sick person? Daleel please :)

P.S. I was just kidding about ignoring your question Brother........Please, I really do want to know the answer Baarakallahu Feek.

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:26 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Sis Maw i'll take a look at it inshaAllah!!...actually fath al-baareey is still being shipped to us inshaAllah so could you post the whole paragraph ..si i can get a full understanding!!...barakallaahu feek Sis!!...

ps: is there a fath al-baree online??

pps: jazakillah for the notes

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Okayyyyy so since no one has the answer for The Sunnah in Holding a Grudge and since the person who gave out the Question seems to have forgotten to put up the answer for us poor people waiting here We will ignore it and move on!!! :Evil:

So next Question :

What is the Sunnah when visiting a Sick person? Daleel please :)

P.S. I was just kidding about ignoring your question Brother........Please, I really do want to know the answer Baarakallahu Feek.
ass salaamu alaykum

i think the Bro is busy :rollseyes :rollseyes ...but i'll answer this inshaAllah while we wait!!

wa alaykum ass salam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Sis Maw i'll take a look at it inshaAllah!!...actually fath al-baareey is still being shipped to us inshaAllah so could you post the whole paragraph ..si i can get a full understanding!!...barakallaahu feek Sis!!...

ps: is there a fath al-baree online??

pps: jazakillah for the notes

wa alaykum ass salaam
Oh But sis I didn't write down the whole paragraph of notes from Fath al-Baari, but that little excerpt was what came on the Sharh of Khashkhashat Na3lay Bilaal........

No problem though if you can't understand it completely sis :) I already gave the previous explanation and that will suffice Insha'allah.

Oh and no I dont think there's a Fath al-Baari online.....I looked and looked but I only found Saheeh al-Bukhaari but not Fath :(

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

OMG GUESS WHAT???:happy:..i just found fath al-baree and all the shuruuh of the kitaab as-sittah on-line!!..alhamdulillah..which kitaab was the hadeeth in Maw??..as-salaat...:?

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:35 PM
YOU KIDDING!!!! YOU FOUND IT ONLINE!!!! SHOW IT TO ME PLEASSSSSEE!!! Oh I'm so happy I could cry :'(

And as for which Kitaab it was in I cant really remember because I only copied the notes this morning and brought it with me to work :( lemme see the link please!!!!!

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:37 PM
ass salaamu alaykum ..

the site's a blessing Sis , it has all the sunan too!!

here it is : www.al-islam.com

I am over the moon :D:D:D

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
OhboyOhboyOhboy.........you should see my smile right now, it's about to split my face!!!!! and I'm giggling like a lunatic!! :lol: Tabarakallah!! Jazakillah khair sis!!! And it's in Arabic tooooooo!!! wheeeeeee I'm going hadeeth surfing right now!!!! ;D

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

ME TOO SIS I WAS LIKE YAAA Allah :lol: !!! ...just when i needed it too!:D
it is sooo kool sis!!......:D:D:D
it gives the shrah , the sanad everything i'm about to cry outta happines :'(
i saw haddathanaa al-humaydee, qalaa hadathana yahya, for the innamal a3maal binniyyaat hadeeth ..and the rest of the sanad came back to me !!
i was like he's thiqa ,he's thiqa min a-imatal hadeeth, this is good for my 3ilm ar-rijaal!!
WOOOHOOO...

wa alaykum ass salaam :D

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Ass salaamu aalykum

First of all I’d like to say that visiting the mareed/sick person is waajib upon us :
‏عن ‏ ‏البراء بن عازب ‏ ‏رضي الله عنهما ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏أمرنا رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏بسبع ونهانا عن سبع نهانا عن خاتم الذهب ولبس الحرير ‏ ‏والديباج ‏ ‏والإستبرق ‏ ‏وعن ‏ ‏القسي ‏ ‏والميثرة ‏ ‏وأمرنا أن نتبع الجنائز ‏ ‏ونعود ‏ ‏المريض ‏ ‏ونفشي ‏ ‏السلام ‏

It is also Sunnah to make duaah for the sick person the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wass sallam used to say this duaah upon visiting the sick

‏عن ‏ ‏عائشة ‏ ‏رضي الله عنها ‏
‏أن رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏كان إذا أتى مريضا أو أتي به قال ‏ ‏أذهب الباس رب الناس اشف وأنت الشافي لا شفاء إلا شفاؤك شفاء لا يغادر سقما ‏
‏قال ‏ ‏عمرو بن أبي قيس ‏ ‏وإبراهيم بن طهمان ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏منصور ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏إبراهيم ‏ ‏وأبي الضحى ‏ ‏إذا أتي بالمريض ‏ ‏وقال ‏ ‏جرير ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏منصور ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي الضحى ‏ ‏وحده وقال إذا أتى مريضا

That’s all I’m gonna give ..i’m too hyped!! *happy searchin'* :peace:

Wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:53 PM
^^ LOLOL I know you're hyped, I'm hyped too ok ;D But please dont forget that most of the readers of this thread are non Arab speakers!!! Oh yeah, Ahsantee and Next question please!!

Unlike you I cannot remember the haal of the Rijaal because as you know, I just suck at those man :p But I love reading shuruuh of the hadeeths!!!

Anyway TTYL I'm going to return to my surfin' :p This site is just tooooo cool subhanallah, I'm overwhelmed dunno where to go first :lol:

Wassalam

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 01:57 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

yeah..that's true bout the arabic thing..it just comes to me automatically when i'm answering your questions..:p..sorry ppl!!

hey Maw it even has :الأبيات الشعرية في صحيح البخاري.....Like oh my GOD!.... i feel like i've found sumthing kool in a clothes shop! ;D

ok next QUESTION IS :

What are the manners of Eating ?

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:59 PM
^ Yeah I was about to say the same thing when I saw the Abyaat section ;D ;D ;D I was like ABYAAT SHI3RIYYAH!!!!!!! whooohooo lololol I'm nuts over Shi3r man :lol:

Ok I'll try to answer your next question INsha'allah........

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

InshaAllah!!

abyaat ash-shi3riyyah of all the kutub :D...this is a ni3mah!!...i think i'm gonna sujuud..:wub: (check out my avatar ..the prostrating rock...subhaanallah right!)

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 02:09 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i know i'm going off topic...but MAW!!:'(.......

IT ALSO HAS AHKAAM AL-AHKAAM , SHRAH UMDATUL AHKAAM BY IBNU DAQEEQ AL-EID
AND SUBUL AS-SALAAM , SHARH BULUUQ AL-MARAAM
AND ALSO TALKHEES AL-HABEER!! .................................OMG!!!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Ass salaamu aalykum

First of all I’d like to say that visiting the mareed/sick person is waajib upon us :
‏أمرنا رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏بسبع ونهانا عن سبع نهانا عن خاتم الذهب ولبس الحرير ‏ ‏والديباج ‏ ‏والإستبرق ‏ ‏وعن ‏ ‏القسي ‏ ‏والميثرة ‏ ‏وأمرنا أن نتبع الجنائز ‏ ‏ونعود ‏ ‏المريض ‏ ‏ونفشي ‏ ‏السلام ‏

It is also Sunnah to make duaah for the sick person the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wass sallam used to say this duaah upon visiting the sick

That’s all I’m gonna give ..i’m too hyped!! *happy searchin'* :peace:

Wa alaykum ass salaam
hEY hey Princes!! I just realized that you put the same al-Baraa Hadeeth for Both!! What's wrong with you you nutter!! I dont see any Hadeeth with Sunnah Du'a???

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 02:13 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i know i'm going off topic...but MAW!!:'(.......

IT ALSO HAS AHKAAM AL-AHKAAM , SHRAH UMDATUL AHKAAM BY IBNU DAQEEQ AL-EID
AND SUBUL AS-SALAAM , SHARH BULUUQ AL-MARAAM
AND ALSO TALKHEES AL-HABEER!! .................................OMG!!!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
AND IT ALSO HAS A MU3JAM FOR THE GHAREEB AL-ALFAADH!!!!! This thing is just complete man!!!!! Subhanallah!!! May Allah reward abundantly the people who made this site Ameeeeeen.:loving: :loving: :rose:

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 02:16 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah i was gonna say that too about the mu3jam !!.....

i'll go fix that hadeeth thing ....and it also has...check underneath the mu3jam section...it has : al-madaahib..al-qawaa3id....OMG!

yeah may Allah reward those ppl ...and ME! for finding it :D

wa alaykum ass salaam

ps: there's also a quraan , thaqafah , seerat sections..check on the toolbars on top!! :p

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes May Allah reward you Abundantly for giving me this site PRincess ;D ;D Ameeeeen, and I checked out the toolbar at the top and my heart is still doing little skips of happiness I can feel it doing flipflops ;D

Oh My God!! What is this sudden warm feeling I have in my heart!! I think I'm actually starting to love you Princess!!!! :eek: Impossible!!! ;D ;D ;D

Just j/k :p Ok lets go back on topic.......I'll get the answer for that question INsha'allah

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 02:22 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOOOOL SIS ! ;D ;D

ok here's the question incase we've confused you ppl...you've gotta excuse us :D:D

QUESTION : WHAT ARE THE MANNERS OF EATIN'?

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Bismillah

So from the Etiquettes of eating are :

Eating with the right hand. It is obligatory for the Muslim to eat with his right hand; he should not eat with his left hand.
It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one among you should eat with his left hand, or drink with it, for the Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with it.”

It is Sunnah for a person to eat from the food that is directly in front of him, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to ‘Umar ibn Abi Salamah, “O young boy, say Bismillaah, eat with your right hand, and eat from what is directly in front of you.”

Ibn ‘Abbaas narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The blessing descends in the middle of the food, so eat from the edges and do not eat from the middle.”

Not reclining whilst eating. That is because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I do not eat whilst I am reclining.”

Not criticizing the food. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never criticized any food. If he liked it he would eat it and if he did not like it he would leave it.

Praising Allaah after finishing eating. There is a great deal of virtue in this. It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah is pleased with His slave when he eats something and praises Him for it, or drinks something and praises Him for it.”

Eating a piece of food that falls on the floor. If a piece of food falls on the floor, then the person eating should remove any dirt that gets onto it and eat it; he should not leave it for the Shaytaan, because he does not know where the blessing is in his food; it may be in the piece that fell, and leaving it makes a person miss out on the blessing of the food. Anas ibn Maalik narrated that when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ate, he would lick his three fingers. Anas said: “And he said, ‘If any one of you drops a piece of food, let him remove any dirt from it and eat it, and not leave it for the Shaytaan.’ And he commanded us to clean the plate, and said, ‘For you do not know where in your food the blessing is.’

Ok so next Question is !! :

Mention some Hadeeth in which Rasulullah forbids us from being Selfish :)

umm-sulaim
07-06-2006, 10:53 AM
LOl, you 2 give me jokes ya dammaajiyyaat!
Ok, to start with hadeeth anas if i'm not mistaken, "none of you will beleive until you love for your brother what you love for yourself" muttafagun alayhi.
Then hadeeth jabir that the prophet alayhi salaatu wasslam said " wa ayyu daa'in adwaa minal bukhl?" and which illness is worse then selfishnes?" thats in saheeh musnad li shaykhina muqbil rahimahullah.
Then hadeeth mu3aawiyah, that the prophet aalayhi salaaatu wassalaam used to prohibit gossipping.......stopping and asking (of wealth) "man3 wa haat)...alhadeeth. thats muttafagun alayhi, agreeed upon.

ok next ahaadeeth on the prohibition of oppression/thulm.

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Hey Big Sis!!...looks liks you get there before me huh?...:heated:...

Ok so..next Quest is on the prohibition of opression!!....i'll see.....

wa alaykum ass salaam

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 12:23 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Here are sum ahaaeeth of the prohibition of opression:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:
Allah's Apostle said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection . "

And another hadeeth Narrated Salim's father:

The Prophet said, "Whoever takes a piece of the land of others unjustly, he will sink down the seven earths on the Day of Resurrection."

And Narrated Muawiya bin Suwald:

I heard Al-Bara' bin 'Azib saying, "The Prophet orders us to do seven things and prohibited us from doing seven other things." Then Al-Bara' mentioned the following:--

(1) To pay a visit to the sick (inquiring about his health),

(2) to follow funeral processions,

(3) to say to a sneezer, "May Allah be merciful to you" (if he says, "Praise be to Allah!"),

(4) to return greetings,

(5) to help the oppressed,

(6) to accept invitations,

(7) to help others to fulfill their oaths

Ok that should cover it InshaAllah.........

NEXT QUESTION: WHATHAS THE PROPHET ADVISED US TO DO WHEN WE FIND A LOST ITEM?.."LUQATA/LUQAATA!

wa alaykum ass salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barkaatuh!

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
^ LOL ;D ;D looks like this thread is infested with us Badawi's eh? :p

Ok so on forbidding oppression

Rasulullah said " And Beware of the Supplication of the Oppressed for verily between it and Allah is no Hijaab(veil)"

And Rasulullah said " Save your brother, whether is he is an oppressor or whether he is being oppressed " The Companions said "Ya Rasulullah as for the one being oppressed then we can comprehend, but how about the oppressor?" So Rasullullah said "Prevent him from oppressing (others) "

And Rasulullah said "Beware of Oppressing (others) for verily it will multiply on Yaum al-Qiyaamah, and beware of Shuhh (stinginess) for verily Stinginess is what destroyed those who came before you, it led them to spilling each others blood"

And Rasulullah said "A Muslim is he from who other Muslims are safe from his tongue and hands and a Muhaajir is one who leaves off that which Allah has forbidden"
Ok next Question!!

Give me some Daleel which forbids us from slandering the dead :)

Ma3assalamah

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 12:32 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOL!!....yeah it is infested with bedows alright, sum don't even know when a question already been posted and another one has been given , so they post in an old quest and put up there new quest WITHOUT ANSWERING MY QUEST!! ;D;D

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 12:32 PM
^^ Heyyyyyyyy PRINCESS you posted before me!!! :'( now I gotta bring another daleel sheessssh man. And Hey I'm a sophisticated Badawi you know dont you dare diss me like that :shade:

:p

Ok so let me do your Question :

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Ass Salaamu Alaykum

Looool, Yeah You Do That!!....;D;D

Wa Laykum Ass Salaam Maw!!

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Okay then Princess, I did some research on this on that wunnerful site that you gave me yesterday (awww my heart is still doing little skips of love for you :wub: :p) and here's some of what I read :

‏عن ‏ ‏زيد بن خالد الجهني ‏ ‏أنه قال ‏
‏جاء رجل إلى رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏فسأله عن ‏ ‏اللقطة ‏ ‏فقال ‏ ‏اعرف ‏ ‏عفاصها ‏ ‏ووكاءها ‏ ‏ثم عرفها سنة فإن جاء صاحبها وإلا فشأنك بها قال فضالة الغنم يا رسول الله قال هي لك أو لأخيك أو للذئب قال فضالة الإبل قال ما لك ولها معها ‏ ‏سقاؤها ‏ ‏وحذاؤها ‏ ‏ترد الماء وتأكل الشجر حتى يلقاها ربها ‏

Zaid ibn Khaalid al-Juhanee said that a man came to Rasulullah and asked him concerning Luqatah (things that we find and pick up) so Rasulullah said "Look at the vessel it is in and it's markings and then announce it for a year. So if the owner comes (then give it to him) otherwise it is yours to do as you wish. So Fadhaalah asked "What about Goats O Rasulullah" So He said "It is for you or for your brother or for the Wolves" So Fadhaalah said "And what about Camels?" He said "And what is your interest in it? It can find water and feed from the trees until it's owner finds it"

‏عن ‏ ‏عبد الرحمن بن عثمان التيمي ‏
‏أن رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏نهى عن ‏ ‏لقطة ‏ ‏الحاج ‏
‏قال ‏ ‏أحمد ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏ابن وهب ‏ ‏يعني في ‏ ‏لقطة ‏ ‏الحاج يتركها حتى يجدها صاحبها

From Abdurrahmaan ibn Uthmaan at-Taymee That Rasulullah peace be upon him Forbade for the Person performing Hajj to pick up what he finds
Ahmad said that Ibn Wahb said concerning the Hadeeth " it means that if a person performing hajj comes across something he should leave it until the owner finds it"

Okay then!! My next Question :

Give us some Hadeeth which forbid us from slandering the Dead :)

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 01:37 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

MaashaAllah nicely answered!...do you remember the bayt to this??..i can only think of the first half...

okay..i'll try to answer your question inhsaAllah :?:?

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
No, I didn't even know there was a bayt for this? How's it go? and who is it by? :?

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 02:01 PM
ass salaamu alaykum MAW....

i think it was in that book, umm salamah used to teach..bil fath ...bil kasr...wa bi dhammi..just can't remember the books.
Sheikha Aysha also mentioned it in daraaree when we we're doing "kitaab al-luqata".....
it goes sumthing like...luqaatatun wa luqatatun wa laqata...:?:?

BTW : what was that books name ..^^^ bil fath....it had like all the words that change from alif -kasr-fatha , in to a qaseeta!

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 02:04 PM
^^ OOOOOH Yeah I know that book and I used to have it!! and Umm Salamah when she was doing "Assunnah wa As-haab al-Hadeeth" with us she gave us quite a few but I never remembered any except for one :p Here's how it goes :

Da3awtu Rabbi Da3wah
Lamma Ataa Biddi3wah
Faqultu 3indi Du3wah
In Zurtani Fi Rajabi

Bil Fat-hi lillahi Da3aa
Wal Kasru Aslud Di3aa
Wadhdhammu Shay'un Suni3a
Lil 2akli 3inda at-darabi

Yeah that was a cool book but I can't remember the name, it was a small book though I know that :?

Anywayssss back to the Quest Insha'allah!! :)

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Aaarrrgggh You Can't Remember The Name Of It!!

I Swear I Can See It Sittin' Right Infront My Mukh!!....

HANG ON...It's "qutrub" Innit ;D;D;D.....something ..qutrub:?:?

It Isn't Laamiyat Qutrub , Or Alfiyat Qutrub....what Is It Maw???

Wa Alaykum Ass Salaam

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I know it's Qutrub but Qutrub what?? I really dunno :( Ask Sue man!!

[MAD]So wheres the answer to my Question!!![/MAD]

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 02:17 PM
ASS SALAAMU ALAYKUM

i asked Sue ..she can't remember what it wass either...just the qutrub part!!

your question...what was it again...J/K!!...;D

i'm thinkin' bout it Sis!

wa alaykum ass salaam

PS: i ain't gonna go to sleep unless i remember it's name man!! :heated:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 05:09 PM
lukkata... badawi... WAT THE? :? :? :heated:

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 05:10 PM
^ Dont pay any attention to that!! We were recalling past books we studied Baarakallah Feek

Mmmm.....you never did post your answer about holding a Grudge?

And the current Question is : Mention some hadeeth in which Rasulullah prohibits us from slandering the dead

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.