/* */

PDA

View Full Version : United Arab Emirates

Bittersteel
06-21-2006, 07:03 AM
a Bangladeshi man have commited adultery in the UAE and have been sentenced to death by stoning.that's okay he was guilty caught red handed.
what bothers me is Dubaites and Arabs,Europeans who have commited adultery were not sentenced to death.
Gulf Arabs are truly racist.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
virago
06-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Death by stoning in the UAE...I doubt that.

Can you post a source?

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 02:41 PM
salaams akhee....maybe because they're government is kaafir and they'll cause problems!...as for bangladesh they probably might've done the same!
but with the western countries they can't it'll just cause too much havoc and mayhem!!...that's what i think insha'allah

virago
06-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I doubt the authenticity of the claim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Since when did they practise shari'ah laws?

Chuck
06-21-2006, 03:28 PM
UAE has 7 states and each state implements their law differently. Dubai is considered more open than other states, but still if someone caught red handed he/she will be fined or deported. Btw, Ajman and UAQ are most open states.

catmando
06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
It is barbaric to have the death penalty for adultery.

lavikor201
06-21-2006, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by catmando
I agree. I don't think it is worth the death penalty. But then again, I do not think that converting from islam does also.... :uhwhat

Ghazi
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
:sl:

No it's not it's a evil crime people who do it should be put to death if there's a sharia court available, hell how would you feel if the women you share your bed with is with another man, the man made laws are Barbaric a man kills another man and gets a max of 25 years hows that fair.

Bittersteel
06-21-2006, 06:45 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/06/21/d60621011710.htm

ack sorry.He was commuted.Good thing.
but racism still occurs.Laborers passports are held back.they live in real crappy places.This was from Fujairah.

wilberhum
06-21-2006, 06:59 PM
but racism still occurs
Yes, and every other place in the world. Racism is a world wide problem.

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 08:01 PM
it's better to get punished in the dunya then in the akhira....get your punsiment over and done with...cause Allahs punishment is much worse!!

Isaac
06-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Im not being funny or stupid, but places like dubai, how can they practice sharia law, when they inprt women to work n the sex industry in their hotels and brothels. imagine geting done for a crime like zina in dubai, where there are high class prostitues visble in the streets and hotels which are mainly used by westerners. and they dont just sneak in through the backdoor, there obviously working as a trade, which is there but not visibly, if you get what i mean.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-21-2006, 08:52 PM
The barbarism charge with regard to some Islamic punishments has been examined and refuted in the following thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ariah-law.html
The claim usually arises from a poor understanding of Islamic law.

Further discussions on that topic can be continued in that thread.

Regards

Joe98
06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Since when did they practise shari'ah laws?

What has sharia law got to do with stoning people to death?

Chuck
06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Not much, but govt. of Dubai runs under sharia law so I think the brother here is questioning their claim.

Vishnu
06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
not sure... but under sharia law you have no freedom of speech.

Isaac
06-22-2006, 08:59 PM
gansehhikim tell us more about sharia, you seem to be an expert.

Chuck
06-22-2006, 08:59 PM
not sure... but under sharia law you have no freedom of speech.
Exactly how?

Vishnu
06-22-2006, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Exactly how?
Sharia does not allow freedom of speech on such matters as criticism of the prophet Muhammad.

In America you can critisize Jesus, Muhammad, or anyone for that matter. That is Freedom of Speech.

Bittersteel
06-22-2006, 10:37 PM
in Islam we are allowed to ask questions?

north_malaysian
06-23-2006, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
I agree. I don't think it is worth the death penalty. But then again, I do not think that converting from islam does also.... :uhwhat
From what I've learnt, it's hard to proof a married person committed adultery. So it's hard to give stoning to death sentence. But since this guy is Bengali, maybe they want to show how 'ISLAMIC' they are.

But there are lots of 'Natashas' (prostitutes from Russia and Ukraine) in Dubai frequented bu Emiratian. Why no stoning?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.