/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Islam Wristband. Buy One Now!

spreadtheword
06-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Salaam,

I just wanted to let you all know that there is a great product out that promotes a simple but effective message.

Its called The Islam Wristband. Its different from anything out there.

HANDMADE IN REAL LEATHER
MADE BY POORER COMMUNITIES IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD SO HELPS TO MAINTAIN THEIR INCOMES.

Message reads ISLAM = PEACE

http://buyawristband.com/islam

I have bought one and it looks great on. Have had a lot of comments from muslims and non-muslims alike.There are 3 different designs to choose from. 10% of sales will go to charities as well.

The website is great and there is info about the concept and story behind the wristband.

So everyone check it out! So many muslims out there..we can all wear one to promote the message ISLAM = PEACE. The essence of our faith.

Tell all to visit http://buyawristband.com/islam

Costs so little, yet says and does so much.

:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sanaa
06-21-2006, 06:25 PM
thanks for that, i think wristbands are kewl and if its for islam then thts brill

seek.learn
06-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Salaam o alaikum,

Interesting product. And no doubt Islam = Peace.

I feel, however, that it'd be cooler if we practiced it and if our actions and thoughts and words were more than enough to show people the beauty and Truth of our religion.

However, seeing that proceeds go to people in need, its not a bad idea I guess.

JazakAllah for sharing it.

May Allah(SWT) reward those working for Islam, those helping, and may He guide our ummah and forgive us. Aameen.

May we act upon what we claim, InshaAllah.

Alaikum Salaam

PS: No offence meant... I apologise if it did cause any.

sanaa
06-21-2006, 09:16 PM
no u didnt cause offence givin ur opinion is not an offence

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
06-21-2006, 10:07 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

tis made out of leather? right?

Hmm....

why is it that the smaller size is "typical for women"

Anyways...only 3 designs...wheres the blue ones :(

Helena
06-21-2006, 10:15 PM
i want one.....am always after nike wristbands........it wud def look cool...am buying it straight away inshalah

shukran for sharing it

afriend
06-21-2006, 10:18 PM
It's only in a weird, black style........I was thinking it was goin 2 b white.

Pk_#2
06-21-2006, 10:24 PM
yeahh!! ...no wait blue....!!!

and it's leathe...jeez cruelty to animals don't people learn...

make the rubber tree be of use! durrrr

Peace...i duno...

Helena
06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
It's only in a weird, black style........I was thinking it was goin 2 b white.

white wud b nice.....but i liked design 3.....cant that be in smaller size?

Umar001
06-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Isnt this kinda immitating Kuffar.

All you see now days is them with 'Stop Bullying' wristbands and 'Make poverty History' wristband, its kinda jus fashion.

And how does Islam = Peace isnt that abit of a misinformation.

Anyhow I dnt really see the point of it myself, buying this and only 10% going, when we could do without a wristband, and give all the 100% to charity anyway.

Daffodil
06-25-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Isnt this kinda immitating Kuffar.

All you see now days is them with 'Stop Bullying' wristbands and 'Make poverty History' wristband, its kinda jus fashion.

And how does Islam = Peace isnt that abit of a misinformation.

Anyhow I dnt really see the point of it myself, buying this and only 10% going, when we could do without a wristband, and give all the 100% to charity anyway.
U raised a wikid point, however the making of these bands are a means of income for those poor ppl who are making em n if they didnt have the bands to make then they wud be out of work.

Ive ordered two, one for me n one for my husband, theyve not arrived yet, they best come by tomorow or i shall be vexed. n they best look gud n best fit my tiny wrist.

Umar001
06-25-2006, 08:23 PM
LOl @ tiny wrist sis daffodil are you ok? you seem abit more slangish than usual, or are you jus being like that towards me?

Anyhow, just wondering sis do you know how much the people in the factories who make them get paid?

We had brother AbdulahRaheem Green come and he reminded us of the extorsion of the name brand.

Could it be possible these people are using those facotiries?

I think the money would have been better spent given to people who dont even hav factories.

And this aint critisism sister, it is more like admonision towards myself.

Daffodil
06-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Slangish? Nope, perhaps just being lazy.

N as for all the background info about the factory issue etc etc then go on the website its got allll the info there.

Abdur raheem green, yep he was in leciester the other week doing a talk werent he, at that taqwa masjid.

Umar001
06-25-2006, 09:04 PM
I dont know, I live in london.

Slangish yea lol

spreadtheword
06-25-2006, 11:05 PM
:sl:

Interesting points discussed here. Thought I'd say a few things myself given the fact I purchased one too and made a lot of enquiries about the product before hand. (My view, so please forgive)

There is much talk about the Islam = Peace bit.

It's quite simple for me. The wristband slogan never intends to 'define' Islam. I don't think Islam can ever be defined in one word, especially on one wristband!

I think that is made pretty clear in the website - See 'Islam Wristband Story' section where they say "A simple message yet PROFOUND in meaning". This for me highlights a whole concept. The profound bit can take its roots from a multituide of actions and concepts; obedience to Allah, submission to Allah, Purity and Peace. It sets the context, a peaceful existence, in harmony with oneself and the wider society through the submission and WILL of Allah.

Yes of course, there is no doubt that there is probably a PR side to this given the current state the Muslims are finding themselves in and the misconceptions surrounding the most beautiful of deens, Islam.
But I can't see this as negative. If anything I would encourage positive PR.
Only recently, my band was all that was needed for a Christian lady to initiate a discussion with me and through the discussion I was able to say so much about my deen and how beautiful it actually was!

The workers yes, the making of this product gives poor workers something to do. Isn't it better to give them the tools to earn a living themselves then to simply give them charity?

Also, on a lighter side, it doesn't resemble ANY of the wristbands I've ever seen! i.e mass produced silicone ones. Its kinda elegant looking and if I look carefully, I can see the detailing which shows me the time and effort put in by the workers to hand make this.

In the end, its always up to the individual to support and purchase (which I respect). For me, at least someone is trying to make a difference on many fronts. A positive one. Maybe it'll go someway to do that, maybe it won't. Allah knows best.

PS: Nafeesa (AOA): It does say allow at least 5 working days. Mine took a while too, but it was worth the wait :)

aamirsaab
06-26-2006, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by spreadtheword
Salaam,
Its called The Islam Wristband. Its different from anything out there.

HANDMADE IN REAL LEATHER
MADE BY POORER COMMUNITIES IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD SO HELPS TO MAINTAIN THEIR INCOMES.
LOL, child labour.

A true believer has Islam in their heart - they need not these wristbands or marks - it's what is on the inside that counts, not what is on the outside.

p.s; Don't get me wrong, the idea is nice enough and I can see the good points, but remember, Allah will not ask you about wristbands etc on the day of judgement.

spreadtheword
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
LOL, child labour.

A true believer has Islam in their heart - they need not these wristbands or marks - it's what is on the inside that counts, not what is on the outside.

p.s; Don't get me wrong, the idea is nice enough and I can see the good points, but remember, Allah will not ask you about wristbands etc on the day of judgement.
Agreed, a true believer has Islam in their heart. But as you say, I can too can see the good points. Being fair to them, they are trying, whether its positive PR, whether its helping poorer communities to help themselves, whether its helping charities in the process, or even promoting a good message. I'm sure you'll agree.

As far as the child labour, I checked too before buying, they have a VERY stringent working ethics policy. Check out their website (About and Islam Story section). I'll quote: "With no use of child labour and stringent health and safety measures in place" . Also interesting pictures.

But yes, Islam comes from within. However, I wouldn't want to knock this attempt.

Umar001
06-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Well to me personally ISLAM = PEACE is such a misinterpratation its unbelieveable.

And I can even go to say I felt betrayed by Muslims who gave me that view point.

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 02:14 PM
walaikum salaam spread the word.

its not arrived yet (sad upset crying face)

amir sab, some ppl like my self like accessories n so buy it for that reason only, but its a bonus as it helps the poorer communities n has islam written on it.

n yea i agree about the islam=peace thing, cuz its a contraversial issue as islam means submission.

we are peaceful with those who are peaceful with us.

Daffodil
06-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Asalamulaikum

my wristbad arrived today, im so happy with it, it looks realy cool. i feel like a rockstar. i bought one for my husband aswell, lets hope he likes it inshallah.

Aminah_92
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
oh these luk cool can i buy em from a store or sumthin? i dont kno how im supposed to buy off the net

afriend
06-27-2006, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aminah_92
oh these luk cool can i buy em from a store or sumthin? i dont kno how im supposed to buy off the net
Doubt it......Don't worry, if u want one so bad I'll have one ordered for u.

REPSTER
06-27-2006, 07:55 PM

lol...cool
just checked out th designs th third one is th coolest :brother:
kinda looks like what those gansters wear. the one wiv th hevi bikes :p
th leather effect.

but th message is great

not bad on the whole.

spreadtheword
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

my wristbad arrived today, im so happy with it, it looks realy cool. i feel like a rockstar. i bought one for my husband aswell, lets hope he likes it inshallah.

I'm glad you like it..quite a lot of my friends and family bought one after seeing mine..good stuff!

SASB
07-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I think the wrist bands are a good idea if they spread the message of what Islam is about clearly. Yes islam can not be summed up in one word, but there are so many people nowadays that missinterperet the meaning of islam and asociate it with terrorism and what not (god forbid) when infact true muslims are all for peace!

Yes a true believer has islam in there hearts and we all on this forum are true believers inshallah! However if buying the wristband can help convey the message of islam a litlle then why not buy it? I personally see no harm in buying this wristband,(unless ofcourse leather is haram) and thank you for bringing it to my attention :)

kahmed
07-06-2006, 05:12 AM
These wristbands have almost magical power! Once you put it on, you're overwhelmed with the sense of contentment. The feelings of guilt over apathy and inaction over the plight of Muslims throughout the world, or the deminishing civil rights in the US...They all just wash away! The magic wristband- why act out your faith when you can wear it on your wrist?

Malaikah
07-06-2006, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
and it's leathe...jeez cruelty to animals don't people learn...

lol sis relax:) its halal to kill animals for their meat and then use their skin as leather etc, its not animal cruelty.

sevgi
07-06-2006, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kahmed
These wristbands have almost magical power! Once you put it on, you're overwhelmed with the sense of contentment. The feelings of guilt over apathy and inaction over the plight of Muslims throughout the world, or the deminishing civil rights in the US...They all just wash away! The magic wristband- why act out your faith when you can wear it on your wrist?

is this ur sense of sarcasm or are u trying to be funny or are u plain offensive and socially inconsiderate...? i vote the latter of the three and suggest that u leave such forums if ur going to keep that attitude up.

have a nice day now...

glo
07-06-2006, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Well to me personally ISLAM = PEACE is such a misinterpratation its unbelieveable.

And I can even go to say I felt betrayed by Muslims who gave me that view point.
I also thought that 'Islam' meant 'Peace'.
Is that not the case then??? Hhmmm ... :?

If it doesn't mean 'peace', why did other Muslims give you the impression that it did? :rollseyes

In my mind this may be an attempt to put Islam into a positive light to the outside world, to counteract all those negative perceptions people have. But to use information that, to all intents and purposes, is incorrect, doesn't see right, somehow.

peace

Malaikah
07-06-2006, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

If it doesn't mean 'peace', why did other Muslims give you the impression that it did? :rollseyes
Hi Glo.

Its a common misconception that i think arose from a confusion of the root word of Islam, the root word is actually submission, but it sounds very much like the root word might be 'salam', which means peace.

Or something like that, i dont think i explained it very well:rollseyes , i hope you understand:)

glo
07-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks, cheese :)

spreadtheword
07-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Assalamalaikum

To me the message that the band carries is more SYMBOLIC in the sense that if you are in the folds of Islam then you can be at peace, or that Islam is ABOUT PEACE amongst other things e.g justice, truth, patience.

I don't think that they are trying to define its meaning as people know what that is.

What we also know is that Islam and Peace go hand in hand and thats reflected in the message on the wristband.

:-))

Umar001
07-06-2006, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

In my mind this may be an attempt to put Islam into a positive light to the outside world, to counteract all those negative perceptions people have. But to use information that, to all intents and purposes, is incorrect, doesn't see right, somehow.

peace
See people, confusing others!

Hmm, well sis, as cheese said Islam has root words, I think I might have to disagree with Cheese, in the sense that she states:

"the root word is actually submission, but it sounds very much like the root word might be 'salam', which means peace."

Now according to Yusuf Estes, which I believe studies words as a job if I am not mistaken, I think I heard that in his talk entitled Jesus in Islam (click here to view this), anyway, I cant seem to find the article in which he says that there are 5 root words, including submission and peace.

Also, it is clear Islam linguisitacly doesnt mean just peace else Muslim could says Islam Aleykum, instaed of Salam Aleykum.

Anyhow talkin about the root words he says:

Surrender
This is understood from a verse in the Holy Quran - Allah says:
"Inna deena indalahil-Islam." (Certainly, the only acceptable way which Allah will accept is Islam). [Holy Quran 3:19]
This submission requires a fully conscious and willing effort to submit to the one Almighty God.

Submission
"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (Muhammad, peace be upon him) as a judge in all disputes between them, and find no resistance against your decisions, and accept (the decisions) with full submission." [Holy Quran 4:65]

Total submission is required after the surrender and some terms have to be set forth by Allah to be understood by the Muslim. There can be no option in the matter as Allah says in another verse,
"It is not fitting for the believing man nor for the believing woman, that whenever Allah and His Messenger have decided any matter, that they should have any other opinion."
[Holy Quran 33:36]

Whatever Allah and His Messenger have set out as being the Way of Islam is incumbent on the believer, man or woman to follow completely. One must consciously and conscientiously give oneself to the service of Allah.

Obedience

"And obey Allah and His Messenger."
[Holy Quran 3:132]

"O you who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger and those of you who are in authority. If you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination." [Holy Quran 4:59]

"He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you as a watcher over them."
[Holy Quran 4:80]

This means to act on what Allah enjoins all of us to do (in the Qur'an) and what His beloved Prophet, Muhammad (pbuh) encouraged us to do in his Sunnah (his lifestyle and sayings personifying the Qur'an).
After surrendering your free will to Allah and then ratifying the terms and conditions of the surrender, it is obligatory for the Muslim to live up to his terms of the bargain. It is his or her responsibility to do their best to obey the orders of Allah set forth in the Holy Quran and the teachings of the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him.

Sincerity & Purity of Intention

The heart must be clean and honest. Allah is Pure and He only accepts pure.

"Verily, deeds are rewarded by intention. And everyone will have the reward for that which he has intended."
[A saying of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him - Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 1 #1]

Peace

"Peace" (Salam) is mentioned many times in the Holy Quran and it is certainly the most sought after condition for the life of every human on earth.

"The Peace" (As-Salam) is also one of the attributes which Allah has named Himself by in the Holy Quran:

"He is Allah beside Whom there is none worthy of worship, The King, The Holy, The Peace, The Watcher, The All Mighty, The Compeller, The Supreme. Glory be to Allah! He is above all that they try to associate with Him as partners." [Holy Quran 59:23]

Anyhow, I do think there are likely to be many more articles by scholars who are well known on this matter.

For more info and reading on it peep http://islamtomorrow.com/definition.asp#surrender

Malaikah
07-06-2006, 10:33 AM

Thanks for correcting me, i wasnt sure exactly what it was, but i knew it was something along those lines.

spreadtheword
07-06-2006, 10:55 AM
A young girl I know bought the wristband and wore it to school.
Her teacher noticed it and was intrigued and wanted to know more..now this can only be positive!

If it sparks a discussion amongst non muslims then what a good topic to start on.

Umar001
07-06-2006, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
:sl:Thanks for correcting me

Please do the same for me, when the situation occours.

Also glo if you wanna know about the root words, I have found this video:

http://www.watchislam.com/videos/video.php?vid=13

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.