/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rights group says Israel beach death probe not credible

virago
06-21-2006, 02:41 PM
JERUSALEM (AFP) - A US-based rights group has accused
Israel of ignoring evidence and conducting an incomplete investigation into the deaths of eight Palestinian civilians, demanding an international inquiry.

"The Israel Defence Forces' (IDF) investigation of the Gaza beach explosion that killed eight Palestinian civilians and wounded dozens is incomplete because it excludes important evidence," Human Rights Watch (HRW) said.

The New York-based group released the statement Tuesday after meeting Meir Klifi, the general responsible for the army's internal inquiry into the June 9 beach deaths.

"An investigation that refuses to look at contradictory evidence can hardly be considered credible," said Marc Garlasco, a senior military analyst at HRW. "The IDF's partisan approach highlights the need for an independent, international investigation."

An Israeli army inquiry has cleared the military of any wrongdoing and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has rejected calls for an international investigation.

Human Rights Watch said the army's conclusion that it was not responsible for the deaths was based "exclusively" on information gathered by the IDF and excluded all evidence gathered by other sources.

The group, which unlike the army conducted its own investigation at the scene of the deaths, believes that the blast was caused by an Israeli shell fired several hours earlier and which later exploded.

HRW maintained that during its meeting with Klifi, the army agreed it was "possible that unexploded ordnance from a 155mm artillery shell fired earlier in the day could have caused the fatal injuries".

The group said the army fired "more than 80 such shells in the area of the beach" on the morning of June 9.

Sand could increase the possibility of a fuse malfunction, and afternoon Israeli shelling could have triggered a dud shell, as could human traffic on the beach, HRW said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060621...ainquiryrights

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sonz
06-22-2006, 06:03 PM
salama

notice how silent the israeli supporters r since the story is not credible anymore.

Vishnu
06-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Its the same silence that occurs when Hamas shoots Kassam Rockets into Israeli schools with only one goal... to kill children. Are both sides any different?

Ghazi
06-22-2006, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
Its the same silence that occurs when Hamas shoots Kassam Rockets into Israeli schools with only one goal... to kill children. Are both sides any different?
:sl:

That's not being discussed the issue at hand is they lied.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
06-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Exactly, atleast Hammas admit their mistakes, Israel is too cowardice to even own up.....They have so much weaponry etc. bu they can't even step up and take the blame.....COWARDS......C-O-W-A-R-D-S speeeelllssssss? COWARDS!

lavikor201
06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Exactly, atleast Hammas admit their mistakes, Israel is too cowardice to even own up.....They have so much weaponry etc. bu they can't even step up and take the blame.....COWARDS......C-O-W-A-R-D-S speeeelllssssss? COWARDS!
Hamas admits to there mistakes? Hamas doesn't shoot missles into schools by accident... That is where they aim.

afriend
06-22-2006, 09:39 PM
'mistake' as they say ;D NO! This is not funny....Can you not see? Do you remember the time when they shot that child who was hiding behind his father, whom was hiding behind that barrel? That was pure intentional....:'(

lavikor201
06-22-2006, 09:44 PM
That was terrible, but you have to remember... All Israeli soldiers do not do that. Israeli soldiers never make the news when they do a good thing, only when they do a bad thing.

The same thing with many Palestinian groups. When they do something good, it is not nessesarily shown to the whole world... but when a suicide bombing happens it is always covered.

Neagtive events are always covered, and positive events are never.

afriend
06-22-2006, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
That was terrible, but you have to remember... All Israeli soldiers do not do that. Israeli soldiers never make the news when they do a good thing, only when they do a bad thing.

The same thing with many Palestinian groups. When they do something good, it is not nessesarily shown to the whole world... but when a suicide bombing happens it is always covered.

Neagtive events are always covered, and positive events are never.
You are right, and I humbly ask for your forgiveness if I have offended you :)

Islamicboy
06-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Hamas shoots at schools i never heard of that before. I did watch a documentary where israel troops bombed a school day before Eid (muslim festival). Stats show for every 1 or 2 israel civilians die atleast 50 to 60 Palestinian civilains die.

lavikor201
06-22-2006, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Hamas shoots at schools i never heard of that before. I did watch a documentary where israel troops bombed a school day before Eid (muslim festival). Stats show for every 1 or 2 israel civilians die atleast 50 to 60 Palestinian civilains die.
I really don't want to get off topic but here it is... Direct hit. One of many atrocities commited by both sides.

Kassam Rocket that was shot at a school in Sderot, Israel.

afriend
06-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Ouch!

But that's expectable, they have a very advanced military, obviously they will retalliate with a greater force.

afriend
06-22-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201

Kassam Rocket that was shot at a school in Sderot, Israel.
and Hamas got this from where? they hardly have enough food to go a day...let alone Kassams.

lavikor201
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM
and Hamas got this from where? they hardly have enough food to go a day...let alone Kassams.
Since they took credit for it in a statement, I am assuming they shot it.

They get a lot of funding to get weapons, but not much to provide food. :X

Anyway, no matter... Were getting off topic.

afriend
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM
WHAT THE?????

How can that be?

lavikor201
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM
WHAT THE?????

How can that be?
How can what be?

afriend
06-22-2006, 10:07 PM
How is it that they are funded for Munitions....But not for provisions?

I find that hard to believe....

Panatella
06-23-2006, 03:52 AM
How is it that they are funded for Munitions....But not for provisions?

I find that hard to believe....
Great effort is put into smuggling weapons in from Egypt. Weapons to be used against Israelis. If the People involved in the smuggling loved the palestinian people more than they hated the people of Israel, think of how much 'food' they could smuggle in.

Panatella
06-23-2006, 03:54 AM
If the people in the palestinian rocket factories put the same amount of resources that go into making rockets, into creating jobs and opportunity, think of the prosperity they could enjoy.

virago
06-23-2006, 05:02 AM
That is where they aim.
I thought that Kassam rockets were lousy at hitting targets.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.