/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Picture of the Prophet

Umar001
06-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Nah I aint talkin about the cartoons :p

Recently a brother that I have kinda seen once or twice brought me a quran and insisted I should have it, I flicked through the pages and it seemed nice.

BUT

basically after I had taken it I went through it and saw it was in a different order, I think the way it was revealed, also, it had pictures of people, from Adam to his two boys, to Abu Jahl and Aisha to Ebraheem and Mohammed! I was confused, I was so scared, and all these people were 'black' I flicked through the end and saw some pictures of 'scholars' such as Bilal Philips, Siraj Wahaj and even Malcolm X then I saw others and INCLUDING their 'Honorable' Elijah Mohammed.

Then I thought back to the conversation when he was givin me the 'quran' and I think he did ask me, do you want to see the picture of the Prophet peace be upon him.

I am so shocked, and now so angry.

This book also said in the intro how Arabic aint a proper language and how the challange of the quran to produce a surah like it was done in 1977 or something and all this other type of stuff.

What do I do must I burn this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
06-21-2006, 11:11 PM
[MAD]oh my days!![/MAD]

Al-Hanbali
06-21-2006, 11:15 PM
...there is actually something like this!!!!! I cant believe this...pictures of the Prophets...astakhfirullah astakhfirullah astakhfirullah

Umar001
06-21-2006, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah
Allahu Akbar...there is actually something like this!!!!!

Something like what? I get a strange feeling your happy about it? Are you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sohrab
06-21-2006, 11:21 PM
I dunno, but ya i think you should get rid of it asap. May be one of the knowledgeable moderators can give a better advice on this, as i've heard nothing like this before.

tilmeez-ullah
06-22-2006, 02:10 AM
this seems very wierd...maybe something from the infamous yet wrongly guided "Nation of islam" from way back in the day

any pictures of the prophets should be avoided, because one might begin to worship or idolize the pictures. and as we all know, setting up partners with allah is the greatest sin and will never be forgiven.

Woodrow
06-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Personaly I would burn it. I do not think it should be kept and it should be disposed of permanetly as soon as possible. I suggest burning, although I doubt if it can be considered a
qur'an it should be treated with at least dignity as apparantly it does contain some of Allah's(swt) words within it's pages. But, it should be burned to keep Allah's(swt) Name from being disrespected by others and to prevent others from being misled by it's contents.

abdul Majid
06-22-2006, 03:07 AM
So Then Lets Not Call It A Quran, Its A Fake... Wasalam

Umar001
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Well it was all in english anyway

Ayesha Rana
06-22-2006, 01:35 PM
There that's it then. You arne't allowed to write the Qur'an in another language on it's own cos then people may try to translate it back into Arabic and get it wrong. I'd kill the git who gave it to you. Was he non-muslim?

Muezzin
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
The Honourable Elijah Mohammad? Sounds like this thing is a Nation of Islam document.

Ayesha Rana
06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=IsaAbdullah;367475]

This book also said in the intro how Arabic aint a proper language and how the challange of the quran to produce a surah like it was done in 1977 or something and all this other type of stuff.
QUOTE]
Yeah there was an attempt but it didn't succeed cos all the Ayahs began with bismillah or something. Basically the saddos had just mixed up some verses and it was nothing compared to the way the Qur'an was revealed.

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Burn it n get a normal english translation of the quran

Mawaddah
06-22-2006, 04:51 PM
it had pictures of people in it, Adam to his two boys, to Abu Jahl and Aisha to Ebraheem and Mohammed

No one knows how they look like and in Islaam we were forbidden from drawing images Astahgfirullah, how can they do this in the "Qur'an" ? And you said that the images were all black??? It is well known that the Prophet wasn't a black man.

This book also said in the intro how Arabic aint a proper language
Arabic isn't a proper language!! Why else was the Quran revealed in Arabic EXCEPT because it was the most eloquent and perfect form of speech?

Astaghfirullah, I would advise you to get rid of this "Qur'an" as soon as possible Insha'allah and get a real Qur'an. What that brother gave you was definitely from the books of the Nation of Islam and their Islam is off.

afriend
06-22-2006, 05:01 PM
This is all included in the plan to make the Quraan all changed and blah blah blah.....Just burn the book, and don't worry about anything, Allah will protect his book, just as he protected his house in blessed city of Makkah, the bait al Haram, he will protect his book.....

tilmeez-ullah
06-22-2006, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Just burn the book, and don't worry about anything, Allah will protect his book, just as he protected his house in blessed city of Makkah, the bait al Haram, he will protect his book.....
Case Closed.

Pk_#2
06-22-2006, 08:08 PM
case?

Anyways no one will ever be able to create something similar to the Quran NEVER!! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
:salamext:

Well this book says quite the lot of bull!

What do I do must I burn this?

i dont understand? Why would a muslim giv another muslim such a thing? :(
:wasalamex:

Pk_#2
06-22-2006, 08:18 PM
mb hes not a Muslim...or mb he dint know...

And dnt throw it on his head like the bro said....i don't see how a Muslim can give another Muslim such silly advice!

AsalamuAlaykum.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-22-2006, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
mb hes not a Muslim...or mb he dint know...

And dnt throw it on his head like the bro said....i don't see how a Muslim can give another Muslim such silly advice!

AsalamuAlaykum.

jazakAllah khair
i've been corrected :(

Pk_#2
06-22-2006, 08:24 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Don't worry i know where you were getting at...i don't think he realised...

Aww you was really looking forward to someone hurting their head...dun worry ...you can throw it on Eesa's head.. :) (hope i spelt it ryt)

WalaykumSalaam.

Umar001
06-23-2006, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
I'd kill the git who gave it to you. Was he non-muslim?

Hmm, wallahi I felt like killing him, because he could of gave that thing to my kid or something and confused my kid (not that I have one lol) about Islam, he was so sly in the way he done it, he just said here's a Quran, I thought it was jus a normal thing, and they also use the world EL or something.

Well I told him I'd like to see him in masjids more often but he jus said he tends to pray at home, plus one of the brothers also said that once he was in a masjid and was reading Surah Ikhlas wrong, and poeple were telling him he shouldnt read it the way he done it.

format_quote Originally Posted by T..t..something
Aww you was really looking forward to someone hurting their head...dun worry ...you can throw it on Eesa's head.. (hope i spelt it ryt)
Erm actually a brother that was there but didnt know about it, told me afterwards that he would have hit the man on the head with it.

And t,,ta..something, don't be so violent, go listen to that anger management lecture! lol

Muslim Soldier
06-23-2006, 01:51 PM
BURN IT???

The quran is Allah's Book. Even if it is not in the correct sequence burning it is haraam. Better burry it.

Hijaabi22
06-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Astagfirullah!!!!

Mawaddah
06-23-2006, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
BURN IT???

The quran is Allah's Book. Even if it is not in the correct sequence burning it is haraam. Better burry it.
Did you not know that burning is the most respectable way of disposing Allahs words? And this is not even the Qur'aan.....

amirah_87
06-23-2006, 02:11 PM
^^^^ yeah that's true burning it is one of the best way's of a respectable disposal

Ayesha Rana
06-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Well May Allah guide the poor (i'm restraining myself) misled soul who gave it to you and lets all keep our tongues clean.

SistaHH
06-23-2006, 02:16 PM
yeh I agree- you should definitely burn it. Its really shocking!!

Umar001
06-23-2006, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
Well May Allah guide the poor (i'm restraining myself) misled soul who gave it to you and lets all keep our tongues clean.
Guide me and him, ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
06-23-2006, 02:21 PM

Ameen thumma Ameen

Daffodil
06-23-2006, 02:24 PM
BURN IT???

Dnt say its haram wen u have noting to base ur opinion on.

Panatella
06-23-2006, 08:49 PM
It seems to have been agreed upon that all images of Muhammad and any people at all are haraam. Yet some muslims here still have pictures with people in thier avatar. For example, ------------ has a picture with a young lady (without hijab) seductively leaning back on the hood of a car. Granted it is only a drawing, but I am sure when the hadiths were written it meant drawing and painting (photos did not exist). It is a little confusing.
It is clear at least in the case of the quran with pictures of Muhammad, that it does not seem like something the average muslim would want in thier quran.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-24-2006, 05:33 AM
BURN IT???

:sl:

Its done by the companions akhee. Do U remember when Said bin Thabeet ordered to collect all Quran verses from the companions thru their hifdh and also form their writing? Its happens in khulaurrahideens time. And after all collected and all made into one mushaf, then the rest of the quran wrting which is in the stone, bones and all was burned. If its done by the companions (even its ijma' of the companions and their ijma' is ma'shum. Cause Rasulullah said "its impossible my companions will be united on the wrong path") then that means thats the best. And they wouldnt do something thats haram. And theyre the ONE who have the most respect to Quran, and theyre the one who afraid Allah most, but they burned it anyway. We just usual muslims yaa akhee. So we just follow their path and in this case its best to burn it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.