/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Colour blindness- TEST

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 04:28 AM
:sl:

I'm studying optometry and i thought i would share this with you all. The following images are tests for colour blindness, im sure many of you might have seen something like this before.

About 8% of males are colour blind, while only 0.5% of females are. This doesnt mean that they cant see colour at all. The most common form of colour blindness occurs when a person cannot tell the difference between red and green. The extreme case of seeing the world in black and white is much much rarer. Also, there are quite a few different types of colour vision disorders and they maybe present in different degrees.

WARNING- chances are at least one person will discover they are colour blind if they do this test.... so sorry to that person:X :hiding:

All you need to do is look at the following pictures and read the number. People with 'normal' colour vision will see certain numbers and those who are colour blind will see a different number:

Note: LOOK AT THE PICTURE BEFORE YOU READ WHAT IS BELOW IT.

Normal Color Vision: 25
Red-Green Color Blind: 25

Normal Color Vision: 29
Red-Green Color Blind: Dots

Normal Color Vision: 45
Red-Green Color Blind: Dot

Normal Color Vision: 56
Red-Green Color Blind: 56

Normal Color Vision: 6

Normal Color Vision: 5
Red-Green Color Blind: 2

Source.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
06-22-2006, 04:30 AM
yay lol the last one was hard, and the 2nd last one i almost was gonna say 30 soemthing but then i spotted the 6 ;D
alhamdulilah
lol
salam

ps: out of curiosity, wat numbers would color blind ppl see?

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
yay lol the last one was hard, and the 2nd last one i almost was gonna say 30 soemthing but then i spotted the 6 ;D
alhamdulilah
lol
salam

You almost said 30 something? :rollseyes The six is so obvious:?

lolwatever
06-22-2006, 04:34 AM
i dunno but the arrangement of the yellow dots on the left seemed 3ish b4 i spotted the 6

*ok im slow* :hiding: but not color blind lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
06-22-2006, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever

Where is says "Red-Green Color Blind:", thats what people with red-green colour blindness see.

Do you mean totally colour blind as in they only see shades of gray? Those poor ppl just see a bunch of spots and no numbers for most of them. :uuh:

snakelegs
06-22-2006, 04:38 AM
interesting. thanks!

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Youre weclome.. interesting in a good way i hope:rollseyes

Umu 'Isa
06-22-2006, 06:20 AM
im not colour blind alhamdulillah

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 08:51 AM

thats great sis :D

the freaky thing is that so many ppl dont even know they are colour blind, but the advantage of that also i guess is that it doesnt act as a very severe disadvantage to them, because its what they are used to and they have adapted to it.

------
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
i didnt get the 6 fingy but i gt d rest..

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 09:04 AM

its in green dots sis:

:)

------
06-22-2006, 09:05 AM
lol i no i gt dat l8er wen i saw th riting @ d bottom of it lol

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 09:07 AM

opps lol ok sis... i thought that last one was an evil one though... harder than the six anyway;D

------
06-22-2006, 09:10 AM
yh....lol...

Helena
06-22-2006, 10:42 AM
am not colour blind alhamdulilah..but looking at the images..gave moi a headache.....

good thread sis

SirZubair
06-22-2006, 10:44 AM
i cant see the 25.... :rollseyes

Helena
06-22-2006, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair

erm u really cnt see 25? or u jus kidding? wot cud it be...a trap...

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 10:50 AM
youre kidding right? i think everyone is meant to see the 25 (not sure about black-white seeing ppl)

lolwatever
06-22-2006, 10:57 AM
jeepers did u c the rest?

SirZubair
06-22-2006, 10:58 AM
lol.

i was joking... :X

Helena
06-22-2006, 10:59 AM
lol.

lol....yeah thought soo..man getting all da sis worried..not me..

lolwatever
06-22-2006, 11:01 AM
lol.

sheesh alhamdulilah.. well it did occur to me.. maybe ur internet disconnected while the page was loading and no pics showed.. ;D ;D

Ayesha Rana
06-22-2006, 11:05 AM
:statisfie That was fun. I got em all Alhamdu-lillah.

limitless
06-23-2006, 03:14 AM

Subnallah test. :) Alhmdallah, I am not colour blind because it is very common in males, but I am not Alhmdallah that I am not colour blind :) . Excellent test. Had no difficulties with that lol easy test :), alhamdallah.

:w:

06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Got them all right :sister: Alhamdulillah i'm not colour blind.

Malaikah
06-23-2006, 11:35 AM

yep alhamdulilah ;)

Pk_#2
06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
urm......my eyes hurt...

Not colour blind...inshaAllah :)

Starseeker
06-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Wohooooo!
I'm not colour blinD, I GOT THEM ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

limitless
06-24-2006, 01:57 AM

My broother is colour blind lol, that is what he says.

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 10:26 AM
well i'm colour and alhamdulillah!.......it's weird cause i'm a female and it mainly occurs in males!! :?:?....but i get through the day putting on a green sock and a black sock!!!.....just kiddin!!...i'm not as bad as sum ppl though, i'd say i'm partial ...

Malaikah
06-24-2006, 10:29 AM
salam do you mean you are colour blind sis?

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 10:31 AM
i ain't joking sis yepppooo partially though ...walhamdulillah

Malaikah
06-24-2006, 11:25 AM

wow ok whats it like? i understand that you confuse red and green (if youre red-green colour blind that is), but if so do you know which colour you see instead?

do you know the name of your certain type of disorder? would it be deutranomally?

hafizyunus
06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I've had that colour blind test done.I've passed allhamdullilah.

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

wow ok whats it like? i understand that you confuse red and green (if youre red-green colour blind that is), but if so do you know which colour you see instead?

do you know the name of your certain type of disorder? would it be deutranomally?
salaams sis cheese..

well what's it like ?

well it's not very pleasant!!..especially if your a child, cause you tend to do alot of colouring and stuff so you always have to be careful not to colour the sky in a lilac or an indigo...:heated: ... i for instance had to find the crayons with the names of the colours on them..if the name was scracthed off... i'd go look for another one..cause i could'nt be too sure if it was the right colour or not....or i'd just ask mt freinds to help me find it!! (i did''nt tell them though...noo!! kids are'nt understnading about that).
as you grow up you tend to worry and care less about it too.....
!!.... i dunno you feel normal , although it's gets annoying at times ... it's improved somehow though from when i was a kid..everything was a blur!!!...everything looked the same except for white, black, yellow, orange ......

some colours yes! are confusing like for instance when you have a dark shade of green and a light shade of brown or the opposite..a light shade brown and a dark shade of green.
and also purple and blue at times or purple and violet,indigo and blue ..... they seem to all look the same...and also orange and yellow from time to time!

do i know the name of my disorder?

no not really, i did'nt know there were names for the different kinds of it!!..i don't really look much into it!!..but it'll be interesting to find out insha'allah.

deutranomally........?? what's that!

wassalaams!

Malaikah
06-24-2006, 02:16 PM

mashaallah sister that was interesting. if it makes you feel better i dont know the difference between purple and violet sometimes either, sometimes i wonder if they are just the same thing hehe ;)

i suggested deutranomally becuase its the most common type of vision disorder. you can have protan, deutran or something starting with 't' (forgot the name), and for each one of these you have 2 types, an -omolous or -omally (im the worst speller sorry i hope ive got them right but i think youve got the point). the -omally means that its not a severe form, and you said yourself that its not so bad. btw protan and deutran are both red-green colour disorders.

i guess if you want to know what you have you can visit an optomitrist inshaallah :)

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 02:19 PM
salaams sis
well you seem to know more about it than i do mashallah!! ...LOL!
thanx for the info of all the "...tan's", i'd check it up inshaAllah..thanx again sis!!....
wa alaykum ass salaam

Khayal
06-24-2006, 03:26 PM

Alhamdulilah........jazaakAllah for sharing..

Malaikah
06-25-2006, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
salaams sis
well you seem to know more about it than i do mashallah!! ...LOL!
thanx for the info of all the "...tan's", i'd check it up inshaAllah..thanx again sis!!....
wa alaykum ass salaam
salam lol sis well i am studying optometry, so im expected to know this stuff, we just havent covered it in detail yet. if you want more info about it id be more than happy to explain in more detail for you inshaallah.

learningislam
06-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Assalamualaikum.......

Alhumdulillah......i am not colour blind.....but the last pic was a tough one tough.
Being able to see all the colours is such a great blessing of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala.......think about life without colours.
........its horrible( a colour less flower......a colour less ice cream...a colour less world.......)dont want to imagine
Thanks Allah........for giving colour anf for letting our eyes see it.....Thanks Alot

Assalamualikum

Angel
07-06-2006, 07:30 PM
alhamdulilah im not color blind as well but the last one was a killer i daint no if it waz 5 or 3 but then i looked closer and saw it was 5 feww! ur brav sis amirah_87 most pple get emmbaresed or shy sayin dat they r color blind
it reali is a blessing from Allah dat we see colors and beautiful things juz imagin a world without color! "she shudders" Alhamdulilah:)

afriend
07-06-2006, 07:34 PM
[MAD]I am NOT Colour blind[/MAD]

Alhamdulillah...

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 08:49 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Bro Iqram..really, is that a am or Not

wa alaykum ass salam

afriend
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
lol....You have to work that out yourself ;)(wink not implying any fitnah...Just an indication that you have to work something out)

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 08:53 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

NOT FAIR!!

....I am ^^^^read my post!!
just thought you might be the first person i ever met with my condition...but hey!!

wa alaykuma ss salaam

afriend
07-06-2006, 08:55 PM
:ooh:

Son't worry sister.....It's no big deal :)

Angel
07-06-2006, 08:56 PM
dey might be other pple wit ur condition sis but they might be abit scared to admit or somefink:) :)

afriend
07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
yeah, I was thinking that too....

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
got it all right Alhamdullilah, now lets do a hearing test becoz everyone calls me deaf :(

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 08:59 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah that's true!!...i don't mind as much ...who needs a world with colours anyways :p
just sayin' that to make myself feel better so don't comment okay!! ;D;D

but it'll be nice to meet sum1 else!!...but alhamdulillah!!

qadar Allah wa maa'shaa fa3al

wa alaykum ass salaam

afriend
07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
exactly sister...Colours aren't all that....Not such a big deal :)

(:X)

I'm just messin

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
exactly sister...Colours aren't all that....Not such a big deal :)

(:X)

I'm just messin
:coolsis: :thumbs_up

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 09:04 PM
:eek: Princess you're color blind!! Oh wow and I never even knew that , how could I have never known that!! Wow must be pretty interesting innit? But no worries.......We only wear dark colors when we go outside anyway right? there's no way you could mix up black with red right :lol:

Hmmmm...........I think I might be going deaf though.......any one know of a hearing test?

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 09:05 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

yeah you did'nt:?..well maw i guess that isn't how i introduce myself to ppl innit!! ;D
hey i'm Amirah and i'm colour blind..how bout you??...;D
yeah i am walhamdulillah, you never read this thread b4^^i posted it up ages ago!!
i'm only partially though!!...dunno what it's called unilateral or sumthing like that!!
i don't read much into , just now and then!!

LOL! @ the dark colors we wear

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

Hmmmm...........I think I might be going deaf though.......any one know of a hearing test?
ehhem

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
got it all right Alhamdullilah, now lets do a hearing test becoz everyone calls me deaf :(
ye i need one too !!

Muezzin
07-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Wooh, I'm not colour-blind. Some of them are a little tricky though.

bronumba1
07-08-2006, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

I'm studying optometry and i thought i would share this with you all. The following images are tests for colour blindness, im sure many of you might have seen something like this before.

About 8% of males are colour blind, while only 0.5% of females are. This doesnt mean that they cant see colour at all. The most common form of colour blindness occurs when a person cannot tell the difference between red and green. The extreme case of seeing the world in black and white is much much rarer. Also, there are quite a few different types of colour vision disorders and they maybe present in different degrees.

WARNING- chances are at least one person will discover they are colour blind if they do this test.... so sorry to that person:X :hiding:

All you need to do is look at the following pictures and read the number. People with 'normal' colour vision will see certain numbers and those who are colour blind will see a different number:

Note: LOOK AT THE PICTURE BEFORE YOU READ WHAT IS BELOW IT.

Normal Color Vision: 25
Red-Green Color Blind: 25

Normal Color Vision: 29

Normal Color Vision: 45
Red-Green Color Blind: Dot

Normal Color Vision: 56
Red-Green Color Blind: 56

Normal Color Vision: 6

Normal Color Vision: 5
Red-Green Color Blind: 2

Source.
nice one bro! ;D

H4RUN
07-08-2006, 03:13 PM
i HATE this forum!
i often wonder why whenever i set off ruthless, relentless motorists just jump the lights and drive towards me and start horning and waving thier arms out of the window like mad men, i think it's because they don't like cyclists eh
:giggling:
peace b un2 u all

Akari
07-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I saw them all, Alhamdulillah! ^^

Yay, I'm not colour-blind! ^^

lolwatever
07-09-2006, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bronumba1
nice one bro! ;D
the bro is a sis ;D

Akari
07-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Heh Heh! Lol! ^^

Rizzy
07-12-2006, 09:20 PM
salamz. dat was so gd mashallah. [S][/S] atleast i know that im NOT colourblind!!!! phew!!! the last was kind of hard but i got it right in the end.
wasalamz

SalafiFemaleJih
07-12-2006, 09:59 PM
I got 2 for the last one, but it doesn't mean im color blind.
I'm not alhmadulillah!

i'm just weird. muahhaha

afriend
07-12-2006, 10:02 PM
;D just weird..yes we can see

Only joking.....

Besides....I know many people who are colour blind...and they're not safe when they drive :X

H4RUN
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
;D just weird..yes we can see

Only joking.....

Besides....I know many people who are colour blind...and they're not safe when they drive :X
lol yes i can imagine it, May Allah swt guide them, ameeen. [kinda offtopic but erm..]
a friend of mine was in a car evening time i guess, and they were at the traffic lights behind another car...the driver says 2 my friend , shall i go through the 2 motorbikes LOOOOOOOOOOL;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D
peace b un2 u all lol

SalafiFemaleJih
07-12-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm not color blind for sure, but yeah If I drive every1 pray that hopefully they will die after they get married muahahahaha.

Djinn
07-12-2006, 11:44 PM
The problem with the last one is that I see an 8 instead of a 2 or 5. That is because I see the 5 overlapping the 2, so it makes an '8' symbol. But maybe this is because I'm probably not human.;)

SalafiFemaleJih
07-12-2006, 11:45 PM
I still see 2 not five.
its weird

Malaikah
07-13-2006, 02:30 AM

Thats interesting at first i saw the five but now i also the 2 and the 5 but the 2 is easier to see and the more i look at it the more i see the 8 also lol. but i think the reason we can see the 2 is not becuase of colour blindness but rather becuase of the way the dots are arranged, you can notice that the 2 seems visible becuase its dots are lighter than the other ones... i think :?

not to mention that factors such as size, the type of monitor setting and stuff also will effect what number you see.. so no need to worry about it inshaallah.

Djinn
07-13-2006, 04:31 AM

I can't look at those diagrams anymore, I feel like my eyes and head will :grumbling.

z5a0b4
07-13-2006, 04:39 AM
Thank you

alhamdulilah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.