/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Attack by Train Staff on Young Girl For Wearing Hijab!

muamena
06-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Bismillah
:sl:

Horrific Attack by Train Staff on Young Girl - For wearing Hijab!
Monday, 12 June 2006

Whilst most of us go about our regular train commutes without fears of abuse and harassment, one sister has been left traumatised by her experience during one of her regular commutes. Usually we see the railway staff, that work to ensure our journeys are pleasant, as a symbol of safety and security. Yet for Nisa Khan this connotation has been sharply destroyed by the abuse that she suffered at the hands of those very railway staff. She was taunted and harassed by an emplyee of Central Trains; why, you ask? Because she is a Muslim…another classic example of a few individuals abusing their authoritative positions to carry out their Islamophobic witchhunt against an innocent, young sister.

Whilst most railway staff do work to protect and serve us we must ensure that those that don’t, be brought to justice and removed from positions of such authority and importance. If you fail to take action to defend this sister, don’t cry to others if the same happens to you tomorrow

Central Trains are investigating claims that workers trapped a Muslim girl in a carriage and subjected her to racist abuse at Leicester railway station.

Nisa Khan, 21, from Leicester was waiting on a train for Birmingham when the driver told her to get off as the destination was Sheffield.

But she said he then locked the doors leaving her trapped inside.

She was later released by the British Transport Police. Central Trains said the matter would be fully investigated.

A spokesperson said: "We are taking this incident very seriously.

"Once the investigation has taken place, we will be speaking to the woman concerned."

Ms Khan, a student at University of Central England, Birmingham, said the driver was joined by two other colleagues who taunted her and prevented her from leaving the carriage. (This horrific incident happened whilst n innocent sister merely attempting to take her regular journey back to university. There was no provocation and yet the train drivers felt that they had the right to act in such an appallingly disgraceful manner. In what world is it ok for the drivers to have acted in such a manner?)

She called police on her mobile phone who arrived after around 20 minutes and freed her from the train.

Ms Khan said: "What normally is a one-hour journey ended up being the worst day of my life.” I got into in Birmingham at 11pm because I was too scared to take another train, I had to get dropped off and I keep suffering panic attacks."

She was travelling on the 18.14 service from Leicester to Birmingham to go back to university on 4 June.

What Can You Do?

For further information on this story and this sisters personal account visit the forum. In the sisters account she strongly believes her head scarf, was the reason why she was subjected to racist bullying, taunting and harassment at the hands of the Central Trains drivers and is determined to seek justice. Furthermore, she has been left traumatized and in fear of travelling by train in case she encounters the same workers and is put through the same horrifying ordeal.

This sister has been left ‘traumatised’ by these events and yet we never imagine that it can happen to us. But what if next time it is us that is sitting on the train, or your mother or your sister that gets taunted with such abuse? Most people would sit at the front to the train to be nearest to the driver for safety reasons, that safety seems to have been destroyed by the acts of a few malicious individuals. It seems ironic that those we look to protect us are the ones who have now set out to hurt us. Whilst we can assume that most train drivers are not of this calibre, these few individuals have tarnished the others.

It is time now that we brought these cold-hearted individuals to justice. We cannot allow this behaviour to go unquestioned, giving others a free pass to follow their lead. It is our duty to push for answers to what happened and to push for the removal of these individuals from our public services.

MPACUK urge you to take 5 minutes to defend not only this sister who was subjected to a brutal example of Islamophobia, but ALL sisters who have been subject to this kind of abuse or who may be subject to it in the future. If we do not defend our sisters there will be no one else who will and those who commit such acts of abuse and vulgarity will be left to continue to destroy the lives of innocent sisters.

Make Your Voice Heard

Please get in contact with:

- Trade Union Congress (TUC) info@tuc.org.uk and
- Leicester Railway Station so we can ensure that answers are given.
- CENTRAL TRAINS on 0121 634 2040. customer.responses@centraltrains.co.uk (please direct your complaints to Mark Hollis, Customer Relations Manager for Central Trains)

When emailing the complaint, remember to put your full name, address and telephone number please, otherwise the complaint will not be filed.

Do not sit back, but instead recognise this atrocity for what it is and please get involved before this happens to you or someone you know

Source

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Panatella
06-23-2006, 03:19 AM
I wonder what the other side of the story is?

Isaac
06-23-2006, 06:41 AM
well if ur so interested, why dont you find out and get us the other side of the story. then may be you could answer your own question. right know we have an article which states that a muslim girl was subjected to being racially harassed and held against her will by a racist attacker.

Panatella
06-23-2006, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
well if ur so interested, why dont you find out and get us the other side of the story. then may be you could answer your own question. right know we have an article which states that a muslim girl was subjected to being racially harassed and held against her will by a racist attacker.
Well, as long as we are believing whatever we read, then we accept that muslim terrorists arrested in Miami were going to attack the Sears tower, WMD were found in Iraq, and the Taliban use children as human shields.
No problem, I accept this version of events. This girl was discriminated against.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isaac
06-23-2006, 06:59 AM
exactly my point.:rant:

Panatella
06-23-2006, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
exactly my point.:rant:
That taliban use children as human shields? I agree, that is disgraceful.

Ghazi
06-23-2006, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella

The story is pretty one sided, a racial attack it's not the first time it's happened.

Pk_#2
06-23-2006, 11:10 AM
AsalamuALaykum,

:'( Astaghfirullah!

what's going on?

.................................................. ...........................................

Jazakhala for the post

Asyur an-Nagi
06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Bush jr used his citizen's children as another children killer. (Army Rangers,Navy Seals,Delta Force,or Mountain Division are just a children for their loving parents):rant:

AvarAllahNoor
06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
It happens all the time, not just muslims Sikhs too are attacked for wearing a turban. As the look like osama!

Helena
06-23-2006, 11:44 AM

ya Allah......no one can be trusted in this world.....

man am a regular traveller on da train.....all i get his looks.....well it dsnt matter in return i jus smile.......

:w:

Malaikah
06-23-2006, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
It happens all the time, not just muslims Sikhs too are attacked for wearing a turban. As the look like osama!
for looking like osama? which is an anti-muslim attack isnt it? all it proves is that the attackers are so dumb that they will attach anyone, even those who arent muslim.:rant:

AvarAllahNoor
06-23-2006, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
for looking like osama? which is an anti-muslim attack isnt it? all it proves is that the attackers are so dumb that they will attach anyone, even those who arent muslim.:rant:
Yup, unfortunately.

All due to ignorance, not saying if they did know how to defreniate between muslims and sikhs that they should attack muslims. It's uncalled for! :rollseyes

ACC
06-23-2006, 02:10 PM
My experience here is that anything accusing muslims of crimes or wrongful acts is an unreliable source. If a source accuses others of wrongful acts against muslims, the source is 100% reliable. That seems to be a very popular way of looking at things on this board.

glo
06-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I looked to see if I could find anything else on this.
If we are assuming that the BBC offers a relatively objective view, then their report was almost identical:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/5064704.stm

Muezzin
06-23-2006, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ACC
My experience here is that anything accusing muslims of crimes or wrongful acts is an unreliable source. If a source accuses others of wrongful acts against muslims, the source is 100% reliable. That seems to be a very popular way of looking at things on this board.
Mmm, good thing glo provided another source then, eh?

These things happen. There are ignorant racists everywhere, in all ethnicities. I hope these employees are dealt with accordingly.

glo
06-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Just based on my personal knowledge of and experiences with Muslim women, I cannot possibly imagine a young Muslim woman behaving in any way that would justify the treatment she appears to have received.
I have yet to meet a Muslim woman who behaves in a provocative manner in any way, shape or form! :sister:

peace.

ACC
06-23-2006, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Mmm, good thing glo provided another source then, eh?

These things happen. There are ignorant racists everywhere, in all ethnicities. I hope these employees are dealt with accordingly.
Actually, you will see in my post that I never denied it happened. I was merely stating a point of view from my observations of other posters on this board.

Muezzin
06-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Actually, you will see in my post that I never denied it happened. I was merely stating a point of view from my observations of other posters on this board.
That's fine. I understand your misgivings. I'm sorry if I snapped.

ACC
06-23-2006, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That's fine. I understand your misgivings. I'm sorry if I snapped.
Thats fine.

If she was treated badly because of what she was wearing, that is a shame. I wouldnt want to be treated badly for wearing a crucifix in Saudi Arabia, so she shouldnt be treated badly for wearing what she did.

Umar001
06-23-2006, 06:46 PM
I dont see how me sending an email will help anything?

I think the valuable lesson here is Muslim Women, be careful when travelling and try not to travel on public transport. Us men too.

I don't say that this is all reliable, but whether it is or not thats still a lesson I'd take.

Guys, before you get married get a driving lisence.

Panatella
06-23-2006, 07:24 PM
The story is pretty one sided, a racial attack it's not the first time it's happened.
You are right, the story IS pretty one-sided. similiar attacks happen all the time in train stations everywhere. I personally know two young white men that were held (and abused) because the 'looked' like hoodlums. I know a sikh held this way as well. The only reason this is news is that the media is in a frenzy right now about any news involving muslims. The story is very one-sided as you don't hear when the young white men are held, or the sikhs, etc.

Other passengers attack each other all the time. Gangs of muslim youths attack others and beat and rob them. Gangs of racial groups as well. Gangs of blacks attack whites. Whites attack indians. indians attack blacks.

Bush jr used his citizen's children as another children killer. (Army Rangers,Navy Seals,Delta Force,or Mountain Division are just a children for their loving parents)
What does this have to with anything? Since we are off topic, insurgents in Iraq kill civilians to ensure that others do not defy them. Can we get back on topic now?

True.

I also have noticed this. If a piece of news suggests a muslim did something wrong, many here claim the source is unreliable. If the same source suggests 'kafirs' did something wrong, the same people here suddenly view this a reliable news. Not to say that all people here do this, as many are also quite fair. Just as many do do this though.

I looked to see if I could find anything else on this.
If we are assuming that the BBC offers a relatively objective view, then their report was almost identical:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/5064704.stm
Thank you for your efforts glo. I did not find a differing story either.

wilberhum
06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
You noticed that too!:giggling:

Discrimination is not a novel occurance. It is a world wide problem.:hiding:

mahdisoldier19
06-24-2006, 04:16 AM

If you believed what you just said and if you were my brother in Islam, i dont know if i will get kicked out of this board for saying this. But you must be the most ignorant brother that i had ever come across, and if literally if i saw you in real life Akhi i will make dua to make your intentions pure.But Dont you ever in your life disrespect the taliban by saying they use children as human shields with belief that they do.

Akhi, learn the truth dont just believe the tabloids

This is all IF you agree with the statement you just put out.

ACC
06-24-2006, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
If you believed what you just said and if you were my brother in Islam, i dont know if i will get kicked out of this board for saying this. But you must be the most ignorant brother that i had ever come across, and if literally if i saw you in real life Akhi i will make dua to make your intentions pure.But Dont you ever in your life disrespect the taliban by saying they use children as human shields with belief that they do.

This statement proves what I said earlier in this thread.

mahdisoldier19
06-25-2006, 05:10 AM
Show me evidence

Panatella
06-25-2006, 08:47 AM

Your subtle suggestion as to what you would do if you met me in person gives me a few thoughts and questions to share. First, in future it might be best to observe a while before responding, less chance of saying something foolish that way.

Second, if a person is saying something that you don't agree with, at some point you should grow into your shoes and perhaps not resort to direct or subtle threats of violence. A mature approach may be to explain why you think the opinion is wrong.

Third, to say what you might do if you met me without knowing anything about me is well, foolish. You could end up being very surprised upon meeting me. I could be a 400 pound gorrilla, a frail old man, or something much worse. The questions to be asked are, if I was a 400 pound gorrilla, how would you attack me? And, if were a frail old man, would you attack me?

As far as the topic of this thread goes, I would like to elaborate on a question I asked earlier int his thread. The question was, "I wonder what the other side of the story is?" First, many many times things end up not being what they seem. Stories are misreported or blown out of proportion. Misunderstandings, etc.

Second, people sometimes lie. And sometimes people create drama, or over-react and create a dramatic scene by their response to something simple. I have witnessed this myself. I observed a few years ago a young lady being questioned no differently than many before her in the same situation. She over-reacted, created quite a scene and got herself and some other people very worked up. She was hyperventilating. The whole thing started with her accusing the person questioning of discrimination. She created the situation. It is the attitude, "I am special, and how dare you question me!?". Well, deal with it sister. Muslim, christian, black, white, paki, american, green, blue, you are no more special than the next person sitting on the train beside you. If the train security asks to see your ticket, or wants to question you, deal with it. The rest of us do. Stop whining.

ACC
06-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Show me evidence
The evidence is in your previous post.

noshaba
06-25-2006, 01:27 PM
i read this news and i ws completely shocked myself.....may ALLAH bring peace into the hearts of his nation INSHALAH

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, as long as we are believing whatever we read, then we accept that muslim terrorists arrested in Miami were going to attack the Sears tower, WMD were found in Iraq, and the Taliban use children as human shields.
No problem, I accept this version of events. This girl was discriminated against.
What is hard to accept about that? There are racial attacks on a regular basis.

Panatella
06-27-2006, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
What is hard to accept about that? There are racial attacks on a regular basis.
You should read all the posts in the thread, this question is answered in my previous posts.
I will paste some here for you.

I personally know two young white men that were held (and abused) because the 'looked' like hoodlums. I know a sikh held this way as well. The only reason this is news is that the media is in a frenzy right now about any news involving muslims.
First, many many times things end up not being what they seem. Stories are misreported or blown out of proportion. Misunderstandings, etc.

Second, people sometimes lie. And sometimes people create drama, or over-react and create a dramatic scene by their response to something simple. I have witnessed this myself. I observed a few years ago a young lady being questioned no differently than many before her in the same situation. She over-reacted, created quite a scene and got herself and some other people very worked up. She was hyperventilating. The whole thing started with her accusing the person questioning of discrimination. She created the situation. It is the attitude, "I am special, and how dare you question me!?". Well, deal with it sister. Muslim, christian, black, white, paki, american, green, blue, you are no more special than the next person sitting on the train beside you. If the train security asks to see your ticket, or wants to question you, deal with it. The rest of us do. Stop whining.
Things arew not always as they seem. Even what appears to be an obvious story that is reported can turn out to be something quite different when you find the truth. I am not saying this story is not true, it very well could be. It also could very well be an example of a situation that I earlier stated as well.

It is a little hard to believe that the rail employees would be that stupid, but it is possible. So of course the possibility exists that she misunderstood and over-reacted creating a situation, or even for attention or drama.

mahdisoldier19
06-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Your subtle suggestion as to what you would do if you met me in person gives me a few thoughts and questions to share. First, in future it might be best to observe a while before responding, less chance of saying something foolish that way.

Second, if a person is saying something that you don't agree with, at some point you should grow into your shoes and perhaps not resort to direct or subtle threats of violence. A mature approach may be to explain why you think the opinion is wrong.

Third, to say what you might do if you met me without knowing anything about me is well, foolish. You could end up being very surprised upon meeting me. I could be a 400 pound gorrilla, a frail old man, or something much worse. The questions to be asked are, if I was a 400 pound gorrilla, how would you attack me? And, if were a frail old man, would you attack me?

As far as the topic of this thread goes, I would like to elaborate on a question I asked earlier int his thread. The question was, "I wonder what the other side of the story is?" First, many many times things end up not being what they seem. Stories are misreported or blown out of proportion. Misunderstandings, etc.

How about this. You disrespect the taliban with no evidence. Im not whining, im asking you to show evidence where taliban use people as shields and your telling me some 3 paragraph thing. And above all i could careless who you are, but when you criticize the group that put security into a country in which no nation in the WORLD could. You better have some facts.

wilberhum
06-27-2006, 07:16 PM
You disrespect the taliban with no evidence.
No evidence? You would have to live in a cave to have "no evidence" or discount every credible news source.

Panatella
06-28-2006, 03:58 AM
How about this. You disrespect the taliban with no evidence. Im not whining, im asking you to show evidence where taliban use people as shields and your telling me some 3 paragraph thing. And above all i could careless who you are, but when you criticize the group that put security into a country in which no nation in the WORLD could. You better have some facts.
Perhaps some smaller shoes may be a good start. Settle down junior. Just because you idolize the taliban doesn't mean everybody has to. You have your opinion of the taliban. Good. You are entitled to it. Do I care what it is? Not really. Do I care if the taliban hide among civilians? Well, if it's true yes.
You better have some facts.
Or What Junior?
But this thread has nothing to do with the toilyban. You picked a small bit of one post mentioning the tellyban, and you want to derail the thread to satisfy your obsession. Personally, I couldn't care less about the taliban.

Enough of you. Come back when those shoes fit. Back to the topic;
Alleged attack on girl by train staff.

mahdisoldier19
06-28-2006, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
No evidence? You would have to live in a cave to have "no evidence" or discount every credible news source.

Well i currently reside at NYC as a UN worker so can you classify the evidence for me?

lavikor201
06-29-2006, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
There is plenty of evidence against the Taliban. Just watch the videos of public executions of innocent people, whose only crime was to oppose there iron fist.

ACC
06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Well i currently reside at NYC as a UN worker so can you classify the evidence for me?
This is very frightening. You work for the UN? Hopefully you anger is not spreading to others.

I R Paki
06-29-2006, 01:49 PM

Im with you all the way.

I R Paki
06-29-2006, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
There is plenty of evidence against the Taliban. Just watch the videos of public executions of innocent people, whose only crime was to oppose there iron fist.
Tell me, how do you know they are innocent ?

ACC
06-29-2006, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I R Paki
Tell me, how do you know they are innocent ?
Ah yes, this goes with what I have said in the past about many of the people that post here.

If a non-muslim is a accused of a crime, it is 100% reliable regardless of the sources. Evidence against a muslim is not reliable unless there are 3 million eye witnesses, 28 live camera angles, an admission of guilt by the muslim and God himself must come from Heaven and declare him guilty. After all of this, there is only a reasonable chance the muslim was guilty of a crime.....Truly Pathetic.

cihad
06-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Do you know what

you guys are being so stupid and childish,

grow up!

ACC
06-29-2006, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
Do you know what

you guys are being so stupid and childish,

grow up!
Agreed. Point very well taken.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.