/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any one part of Muslim student association

sweetbanana86
06-23-2006, 02:57 AM
salam alaikum wr wb

i am relly hoping to create or co-create a msa chapter at my school, and to be honest i am very scard becuz it seems as if the msa fails then i have failed, i really don't know where to start i have search several different msa and try to get in contact with them, but many did not reply, so if anyone is out there could you please, and i really need your help, on how to create a msa, or how do i get others to help me create a msa

peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dahir
07-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Eh, sadly no, will join when I get to college though.

MuslimahBlue
07-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Assalama Alaikum

I have an MSA at my highschool. I guess the first step in starting an MSA would be to go to the prinicpal and ask for it to be made a club,finding a president,VP...etc and then let muslim kids know that there is an msa. I really don't know that much about it ,because the msa at my school had been going on for many years before I came...
hope that helps

Ummu Amatullah
07-04-2006, 03:54 AM
:salamext:

Sister well I usually go to the MSA at the University of Minnesota.Masha'allah they're dedicated brothers and sisters in Islam,always working for the deen,and if you need help with community events,Creating the MSA at your local college or highschool I personally can help you,but I'll have to warn you my schedule is very tight these days;so if you want it done fast and quickly I insha'allah could get you into contact with these good active young brothers & sisters insha'allah.

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vaseline
07-04-2006, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBlue
Assalama Alaikum

I have an MSA at my highschool. I guess the first step in starting an MSA would be to go to the prinicpal and ask for it to be made a club,finding a president,VP...etc and then let muslim kids know that there is an msa. I really don't know that much about it ,because the msa at my school had been going on for many years before I came...
hope that helps
Yeah, just explain to your principal that you'd like to start up the msa. And inform other students about it, the positions available (president, vp, treasurer, assistant treasury, secretary etc.) if any would like to apply. Then once it's established, hold regular shura meetings. At my uni, the msa is only full of girls, unfortunately none of the brothers participate (don't know why, maybe it's because we have a sister as president?). Anyways, they hold regular shura meetings etc.

Good luck!

Djinn
07-04-2006, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweetbanana86
salam alaikum wr wb

i am relly hoping to create or co-create a msa chapter at my school, and to be honest i am very scard becuz it seems as if the msa fails then i have failed, i really don't know where to start i have search several different msa and try to get in contact with them, but many did not reply, so if anyone is out there could you please, and i really need your help, on how to create a msa, or how do i get others to help me create a msa

peace
Also it is important to make sure there are people who are willing to join and give thier time for your student association. And, I do not know your school, but it is important that there are enough Muslims to support the msa as a necessity and in order to make the association work. But above all do not fear of failure, but fear itself. Because if you don't make it happen, no one will.

Salam alaikum

sweetbanana86
07-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Marsh'allah for all the tips, and made Allah (swt) bless you, insh'allah when i get back to school, i will try to find some dedicated muslims and inform you all about the results

Eddi
07-15-2006, 12:45 PM
:sl: I never actually took part in any but I know Ahmed Waheed used to run the most succesful MSA in the History of Joseph Chamberlain, until this year. They had outstanding achievments, some things that were though to be impossible and out of authority for any student to do. It was good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.