/* */

PDA

View Full Version : waking for fajr........help needed

AnonymousPoster
06-23-2006, 04:15 AM
:sl:
i really need help........ plz can any body tell me how to get up in the morning for fajr.I have to get up on my own .......no family memeber can help.and i end up missing fajr........alarm clocks simply dont work for me.

how do you ppl get up........plz help me.......Jazakallah kair in advance

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muamena
06-23-2006, 04:27 AM
Bismillah

I'm sorry but I don't have much advice to offer , alhamdulillah my alarm (AlFajr clock) usually wakes me up and sometimes i put on an extra alarm just incase (5 mins b4 or after the adhan). Also going to bed early helps, I find if I stay up too late then my alarms do not wake me up. InshaAllah ya Rubb you are soon able to wake up for fajr on time

Taqiyah
06-23-2006, 04:32 AM
Well...I usually set the alarm on my mobile phone..it is really load and I never miss the Fajr prayer...and most importantly don't sleep late at night...believe me if u do no alarm in the world can wake u up....

muamena
06-23-2006, 04:43 AM
Bismillah

Is there any sister from your masjid that you could have call you to wake you up inshaAllah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Taqiyah
06-23-2006, 04:46 AM
LaIlaha IlaLaah! I really missed hearing adan. I would love to hear it everyday.I just wish I was in a Muslim country.[MAD][/MAD]

muamena
06-23-2006, 04:50 AM
Bismillah

InshaAllah one day you will get this wish sister. Pray to Allah .

Taqiyah
06-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Thank u very much..I will make sure I pray for my wish all summer long..InshaAllah..

muamena
06-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Bismillah

you're welcome sister. I pray you get it.

not sure if you saw one of my suggestions ... sis do you have other muslim women in your area that could call you to wake you up for fajr prayer inshaAllah ...

Taqiyah
06-23-2006, 05:26 AM
OOw! I don't have a problem waking up for the fajr prayer my phone alarm always wakes me up..it is just that I missed hearing adan. Everything is quiete here in my neighbarhood even the Eidd days..it is like there is no other muslim i could celebrate with or have fun with except for my sisters and brothers.

piXie
06-23-2006, 05:30 AM

i had a hard time getting up myself today. i had to pull myself out of bed. went to bed really late :-\

that cud be on of th reasons alarm clocks dont work.we shud try to go to bed on time. that way u wake up on time.

that shud be enough, but if u cant go to bed on time for watevr th reason then u need to sleep some in th afternoon. this we shud be doing anyway as it is sunnah. even just for 15mins if not more.

also keep a glass of water on ur bedside cabinet. splashing some cool water on ur face really wakes u up.

read up on the blessings (for prayin on time) and punishments (for delaying) ur fajr prayer. e.g. devil urinates in th ear of th one who does not say his fajr prayer on time.

make the intenton to wake up for fajr before u go to bed. i dont know if this has ever happened to, but once it was late and i was worried i wouldnt be able to get up for fajr. so i just made a small du'a and told Allah to wake me up at exactly 5am . and i did wake up. 5am on th spot. its happened loads of times. after tht u need to try urself to pull urself out of bed. thats were th water splashing comes in. and turn the light on too. believ me it works.dont dilly dally in bed giving urself '5 more mins and then i will get up bussiness' caus th shataan will try his hardest to tap us asleep again. so dont let him get th better of u.

dont eat too much at night :p this makes us feel heavy and extremely tired. resulting in wen its time to wake up we r dead to th world (most likely having a weird dream wen its time for fajr :hmm:) a couple of times at fajr time i had a dream i was saying my prayers or doing my wudu. Subhan'Allah! and then i hear my mums voice telling me iv got 20mins left :hiding:

if u still cant get up then get a less comfortable bed.
cus its difficult to get up wen u are lying in a warm cosy bed. kno wat im talkin about ? :sister:

hope that helped :)

May Allah swt make it easy for us to wake up on time and give us all th tawfeeq to perform our prayers properly. help th brothers go to th mosque and help th sisters to say em at home (or if they want to they can go to th mosque too:p ). Ameen

muamena
06-23-2006, 05:34 AM
Bismillah

sorry sister hehe i got you mixed up with the first member who posted this question

piXie
06-23-2006, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muamena
Bismillah

sorry sister hehe i got you mixed up with the first member who posted this question

lol...yea it happens.....;)

DigitalStorm82
06-23-2006, 07:05 AM
The answer is simple.

Sleep early... if you don't wake up for Fajr... sleep 1 hour earlier... still nothing.. sleep 2 hours earlier...etc. Eventually, you'll find the right time to sleep.

Asyur an-Nagi
06-23-2006, 08:02 AM
yea, that was my problem too. but someone sent me an alarm clock with a loud athan reminder. there is simply no way to put it on snooze mode or silence it since i have to press a button behind it (and the alarm is on my room's ceiling):happy:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Aslaam'Alaikum,

Just remember that You have to break the three knots Shaitan has put upon you, once these three knot are broken you will be able to ake up fajr.

Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “When one of you goes to sleep, Shaitaan ties three knots over the rear of his head, blowing into each knot, 'You have a long night, so sleep on.” If he wakes up and mentions Allah, one knot loosens. If he makes wudhu (ablution for prayer), another knot loosens and if he prays, the third knot loosens and he becomes lively and good-natured; otherwise he gets up ill-natured and lazy.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

I also used to have the alarm clock not working for me problem because I just used to just wake up on time and switch it off and say I'll wake up in five minutes and the next thing I knew I was most likey a few hours late but now I put the alram so I have to actually get out of my bed to switch it off...

Anyway try this lecture by Muhammed Al-Shareef, it helped me:

In the Middle of the Night

Hope it helps, DM.

Nablus
06-23-2006, 11:18 AM
at the beginning its difficult to wake up with out a help from others

at first , u can use alarm o'clock

and u have to go to ur bed early

IbnAbdulHakim
06-23-2006, 11:19 AM
:salamext:

I use ma phone as an alarm n da main thing which wakes me up is dat ma mums so close and she wakes up at the slightest noise so i jump up n turn it off so she dont get disturbed! Den i call her up for fajr of course!! but gently!

Anyway i read the three Kuls and Aytul Kursi b4 i go to sleep, jus so the shaytaan cant influence me! Den RUN to the bathroom and wash out ur nose and ears coz the devil sits in ur nose and pee's in ur ears!!! Trust me IT HELPS!

:wasalamex:

Snowflake
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Salam sis,

Like most people said, sleep early. Every hour of sleep before midnight counts as two of after midnight. Also sleep with the intention of waking up for fajr and inshaAllah you will wake up even without an alarm. Sleep late and even Big Ben won't wake you up.

muslimah_here
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Hmm i think many muslims have this problem especailly one who have to go to work and in Uk fajer prayer is way tooooooooo early in summer time (in sumer i pray n sleep again :uhwhat ) . However one needs to remember what wud benefit u more sleep or prayers.

What I do these days that helps me Allhumdolilah is put my alram on my mobile phone before going to sleep, go to bed ealry most of the time and make an intention in my heart of getting up for fajer INSHALLAH. Even then I get shaitaaan making me lazy to get up wen I hear the alarm so I just remind myself wat the Moazzin says in the azaan of fajer "prayer is better than sleep" (Im not writing the arabic as I might make mistake), and then i say ALLHU-AKBER and get up. Allhumdolilah it helps me a lot, hope INSHALLAH I can keep it up.

FI AMANALLAH.

ilyas_glb
06-29-2006, 12:16 AM
walekumsalam,
the best thing to do niyat, before sleeping and inshallah Allah s.w.t will make things easy and you can get up for fajr prayers after hearing ALARM ...

sirajstc
11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ilyas_glb
walekumsalam,
the best thing to do niyat, before sleeping and inshallah Allah s.w.t will make things easy and you can get up for fajr prayers after hearing ALARM ...

yeah this is best way:statisfie:statisfie

Hayfa
11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Asalaamualykum,

Don't worry i'm the only one in my house waking up for fajr too, but thats no excuse to miss fajr.

Make your niyah before you sleep, sleep the way prophet Muhammed saw taught us inshaAllah. Perform whudu just before going to bed

When he went to bed to sleep, he would say: “Allaahumma bismika ahyaa wa amoot (O Allaah, in Your name I live and die).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7394).

He used to put his hands together and blow into them, then recite Qul Huwa Allaahu ahad, Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-Falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-Naas [i.e., the last three soorahs of the Qur’aan), then he would wipe his hands over as much of his body as he could, starting with his head and face, and the front part of his body. He would do that three times.

He used to sleep on his right side, putting his right hand under his right cheek, then he would say: “Allaahumma qini ‘adhaabaka yawma tab’ath ‘ibaadaka (O Allaah, protect me from Your punishment on the Day You resurrect Your slaves).”

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21216/sleeping

Listen to this lecture it helped me allot, you can listen to it here inshaAllah

In the Middle of the Night
The sleeping habits of Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam
http://www.dhikrullah.com/lectures/shareef.html

How to wake up to Fajr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th7UGic-hAY

Alarm didnt work for me either, try getting a lowder one or put on two alarms, one from the alarm clock and one form your phone. Then put the alarms away from your bed.

When ever you wake up know that your working hard in this world but in the hereafter you will have your rest. InshaAllah.

tango92
11-03-2009, 05:30 PM
if you put your alarm clock on the other side of the room youll have to get up to switch it off ;)

zakirs
11-03-2009, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
if you put your alarm clock on the other side of the room youll have to get up to switch it off ;)
Wow you people dug out a post from 2006

Hayfa
11-03-2009, 07:01 PM
;D its that old! ?

cat eyes
11-03-2009, 07:34 PM
i set the alarm on my fone :p what motivates me is the fear of Allah. i think for anybody who has this problem i would recommend that they read about the punishments in the grave for missing your prayers on PURPOSE when you are healthy and able theres no reason why anybody should be missing the most important prayer :phew

tresbien
11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Frankly pray heratily to ALLAH help u.Do not sin.Do not watch movies.read quran before u sleep and adkar.DUAA DUAA DUAA

AnonyMouse~
11-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Asalamualaykum,
If you do sleep early and still don't wake up by any chance try putting ur alarm at a distance where you have to get up to turn it off...that usually helps me. :P Also, setting multiple alarms a couple minutes after each other also works for me. :) InshaAllah it helps!

AnonyMouse~
11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Also, once ur eyes open get up instantly. Cuz if you hesitate or say "just one more minute" ull jst go back to sleep.

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2009, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i really need help........ plz can any body tell me how to get up in the morning for fajr.I have to get up on my own .......no family memeber can help.and i end up missing fajr........alarm clocks simply dont work for me.

how do you ppl get up........plz help me.......Jazakallah kair in advance

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Guidelines to help you Observe Fajr Prayer

Most surely all praise belongs to Allah, we praise Him and we seek His Aid and Forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from the evils of our souls and from the evils of our actions. Whomsoever Allah guides there is none to misguides and whomsoever He misguides their is none to guide. I send prayers and blessing upon our leader Muhammad with the best of prayers and the most complete submission.

One of the ill-seeming phenomena and most serious precedents boding impending danger and punishment, giving reason to fear and calling for most urgent consideration on our part requiring immediate investigation into its causes and treatment of its symptoms is the fact that a growing number of observers of prayer deliberately shun Fajr prayer in congregation and only perform it at times other than its lawful time.

It may be the case that this is due to their wasting away long hours at night engaged in idle and leisure pursuits. Our ancestors not very long ago used to make a point of going to bed early, to lock their doors after Ishaa prayer and to make their dinner light so as to be able to wake up for Fajr prayer in an energetic state. That is why they led a happy, peaceful and healthy life experiencing the real taste of life.

The advent of modern civilisation spoiled both our religious observances and our worldly arrangements. As a result, we have fallen into laziness and inertia; our bodies grew fat and flabby; we move about less frequently whilst showing a greater readiness to sleep and a marked inability to perform the most trivial of manual actions.

The present paper attempts therefore to suggest ways which may be of help in inducing us to wake up for Fajr Prayer; for instance:

ONE

To make sure to go to bed early as the Prophet (SAW) used to discourage sleep before performing Ishaa prayer and especially engaging in conversation after it. Certain cases were accepted, some of which are enumerated by Imam Nawawi in his explanation of Muslim's account. Nawawi(rh) says:

The reason why conversation after it is discouraged is the fear lest it leads to staying awake for long , which might induce drowsiness and difficulty with observing night prayers or Subh [dawn] prayer in their permitted, preferred or best times. The topics covered by this restriction are all fulfilling no good useful purpose. However, as to useful verbal activities, such as the pursuit of knowledge, listening to the wise tales of righteous people, talking to one's guest or bride, or members of one's family for the sake of company, interacting with travellers with a view to protect themselves and their goods, embarking on talks designed to conciliate between people or intercede before them in a good cause or to enjoin good and forbid evil and admonish people by pointing to a beneficial course of action to follow etc... there are no such restrictions.

TWO

To be assiduous in observing the Aadaab [good manners prescribed in Islam] as to what to do before sleep such as making Du'aa [supplication], bringing one's palms together, very mildly spitting into them and reciting the last three soorah's of the Qur'aan into them and then wiping them over one's face, head and body, being physically and religiously pure and performing a two rakah voluntary prayer after wudhoo [ablution]. A Muslim has to ask his wife, parents, relatives or neighbours to help waking him up. Once waken up, he should not linger lazily for long in bed, lest he acquires the vices of the hypocrites who come to prayer showing ample signs of laziness and lack of enthusiasm.

THREE

To fill one's heart with faith and good deeds. Once faith is alive in the heart, it induces the person to do good deeds and strive unremittingly hard. Faith is like a tree which only yields good fruit when irrigated from the streamlets of good deeds, thus bringing about an improvement both in personal conduct and at the interactional level with society at large. The lack of such streamlets or water supplies proportionately causes faith to wither and wilt. The heart is highly sensitive to external hardening stimuli, such as excess food or drink or aberrations in watching or listening (letting your eyes and ears loose to what is unlawful for them). You should therefore protect your heart from such external allurements.

FOUR

To keep away from Ma'aasi [acts of disobedience to Allah] by protecting the eyes, the tongue, the hearing and all the senses from indulging in the perception of objects that Allah has made unlawful for us. As an alternative, one should concern himself with matters pertaining to the worship of Allah, such as devoting one's sight to the reading of Allah's Book, meditating over the creatures that Allah has created in this universe, reading books of knowledge etc. One member of the rightly guided early generations was asked about the reason why people found it difficult to uphold voluntary prayers at night. He answered: "Your sins have shackled you". No doubt sins can be a major cause for a persons inability to enjoy the blessings of piety. As Imaam Ibn ul-Qayyim said, sins are wounds and some wounds can be fatal.

FIVE

To bear in mind the great reward for attending Fajr prayer in congregation on time, and the strong rebuke for him to fails to observe it and to satisfy its conditions. Uthmaan ibn 'Affaan(RA) related:

I heard Allah's Messenger (SAW) say: "He who prays Ishaa in Jamaa'ah [congregation] is as if he has prayed for half the night . As to him who (also) prays Fajr in congregation, it is as if he has prayed all night." [Muslim]

Similarly, Bukhari and Muslim and An-Nasaaee related on the authority of Ibn Mas'ud (RA) that he said: The case of a man who slept all the night up to sunrise (without waking up for Fajr) was related to the Prophet (SAW) whereupon he said: "That was a man in whose ear Shaytaan has urinated", or he said "in both his ears".

The urinating is literally true, as Imaam Qurtubi says, since Shaytaan urinates and has sexual intercourse and procreates in a manner that Allah alone knows (Fath-ul-Baari 3/28). To ascertain for yourself the truth of this assertion, look at the faces of those who come to deal in their daily business without having prayed Fajr in congregation at due time; look at their faces at working hours. You will surely ask Allah for refuge from a lot as miserable as theirs. But, after all what do you expect from a person in whose heart Shaytaan has urinated!!!

SIX

To realise the bad effects resulting from one's failure to pray Fajr, such as the melancholic and depressive state of mind and the loss of many religious and worldly benefits, and the good effects resulting from managing to perform it. In this respect the Prophet (SAW) said:

"Shaytaan ties three knots on the crown of any one of you in your sleep. He says upon each knot that he ties: "You have a long night before you, therefore sleep". But if you wake up and mention Allah, Most Exalted in remembrance one knot will be untied. If you then make ablution another knot will be undone. If you then proceed to pray the last knot will be disentangled. Thus, you will feel in the morning energetic and in good spirits. Otherwise you will feel in a despicable state, lazy". [Bukhaaree, Muslim and Abu Dawood]

The time following Fajr prayer is full of goodness and blessings. Imam Tirmidhi narrated upon the authority of Al Ghamdi that the Prophet (SAW) said: "O Allah bless my Ummah in its early rising!" and whenever he dispatched an expedition or army he sent them early at the beginning of the day. Sakhr was a merchant who always sent his merchandise early in morning thus, becoming wealthy (Tirmidhi). That is why we find the craftsmen and traders are particular about making good use of this time. Those who sleep up to the late morning have denied themselves the blessings of this early hour.

There are many benefits to the health derived from waking up for Fajr prayer. For instance, the highest proportion of ozone gas (O3) in the atmosphere is registered at dawn. It then gradually fades away until complete disappearance by sunrise. This gas has a very beneficial effect on the nervous system as it vivifies the brain and energises the muscles such that when a person inhales the beautiful breeze of the dawn, known as the sabaa wind, he will experience a pleasure that is unparalleled at any other time of the day or night.

SEVEN

To lose no time to categorically clear yourself from the stigma of hypocrisy. Because of the difficulty of waking for this time, praying Fajr in congregation provides evidence that a person has firm faith and is free from hypocrisy. That is why in a hadeeth narrated by Bukhaaree and Muslim, the Prophet (SAW) said:

"Indeed, the most difficult of prayers to bear, for the hypocrites, are Ishaa [night] and Fajr prayers. If only they knew what they are missing, they would sooner come, even if crawling on their knees".

The most worthy companion, Abdullaah and Ibn Mas'ood (RA) asserts "The only one indeed who misses them [i.e. Ishaa and Fajr prayers] is a confirmed hypocrite" (Muslim).

Ibn Umar (RA) said "When we find a man missing from the Ishaa and Fajr prayers we nurture suspicions about him".

If you want a criterion for evaluating a person's degree of faith and truthfulness monitor his observance of Fajr prayer. If he passes the test, that should be taken as a sign indicating the strength of his Eeman [belief, faith]. Let us then testify to his truthfulness since he managed to achieve the greatest victory over himself and to be superior to the pleasure of sleeping in bed. If he fails the test, this is an index to his weakness in faith, a hardness in his heart, an indulgence in self-gratification and a defeat against his own whims.

How is it then that he who indulges in sleep and misses prayer should conceivably feel comfortable while people are delighting in the mosques in the company of the Qur'aan, listening rapturously to Allah's message, and basking happily in His gardens. He who prefers the pleasures of the bed to the pleasure of the communion with Allah is the real loser.

These are a few suggestions to help you wake up for Fajr prayer. May Allah make them useful. Glory be to Allah, Most Exalted over any false attributions and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of all Beings.

Source: http://www.lutonmuslims.co.uk/fajrhelp.htm

Eliphaz
11-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Set your phone alarm and put your phone on top of your wardrobe or in a high spot nearer to your door than your bed. When you are standing there at 5am having turned off your phone alarm and thinking of sneaking back into bed, you will realise that you are nearer to your door than your bed! Doesn't work every time (sleepwalking is a pain) but 9 out of 10 times it should work!

Good luck.

- IqRa -
11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Get a friend to ring you, put your phone on really loud.

M.B
11-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Go sleep early and make sure u put alarm on ur mobile phone next to u in ur bed. Thats wat helps me:D:D

Khaldun
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM

Or have your older brother come into your room, snapping his fingers shouting Qum yaa haajj salah salah! lol init M.B;D

Esther462
11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I miss the fajr prayer too. I've found going to bed earlier and putting my mobile phone on the other side of my room from my bed helps.

Rafeeq
11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
It will seem very strange but it is my own way which I am using from my childhood and found always 100% working.

When I go to bed, even if it is not for fajr but for some other purpose, I ask Allah (SWT) to wake me up on such or such time. Will you believe, I always woke up on the same time.

Why don't you try this natural alarm once......

CuteStuff
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
is it healthy waking up in the middle of the night for prayers?

Muslim Woman
11-11-2009, 03:40 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
.......alarm clocks simply dont work for me.
why ? U can't hear the sound or u wake up and go to sleep again ? If necessary , use 5 alarm clocks , keep one beside u and others in each corner of the room :p

InshaAllah it will work .:D

CuteStuff
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
i cant wake up for fajar and therefore i dont.

Muslim Woman
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by CuteStuff
i cant wake up for fajar and therefore i dont.
What's ur problem ??

Hamza Asadullah
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wv, Would rasulallah (PBUH) tell us to do something which is not good for us?

Read this short article for your own knowledge which includes the health benefits of waking up for Tahajjud:

The benefits of waking up for TAHAJJUD

By: Dr. Ebrahim Kazim

Tahajjud (the after-midnight prayers) is derived from “hajada” meaning “he was wakeful in the night ”.

Noise is of 2 types: “Exterior” e.g. telephone, TV, radio, etc. and “Interior” due to clamour of tangled emotions and conflicting thoughts about material objects. In the silent, dark and tranquil hours of the night, both of these are absent and we can offer our tahajjud prayers with calm and serenity. It is a time for pause and quiet reflection during some golden serene moments when we seek liberation from the burdens of daily hectic life.

The timing of tahajjud prayers affords an exceptionally unique spiritual atmosphere and purity of thought in preparation for the day to begin. It also enhances the concentrating ability of the memory components of the brain and helps us to place the forthcoming duties of the day into their respective compartments, by reversing pending improper intentions, if any.

We will need the intimacy, that closeness to Allah, in order to express our innermost thoughts, feelings, desires and fears, indeed our whole life history. The rising by night for tahajjud prayers is more affirmative and most suitable for understanding and strengthening one’s faith, and also for framing and formulating the wordings of prayer and praise (Q.73:6).

It kindles the divine flame within us to receive true illumination in the darkness of the night. It opens the window to the heart for light to enter its dark crevices where problems are lurking to be solved. Just as a person is mirrored clearly in the calm and still waters of a lake, so the mind is reflected in the supplicating words of tahajjud prayers.

Tahajjud prayers ignite the divine spark that lies dormant within us, and make us a shining example and a beacon to instill brightness in the lives of those persons we encounter who are still in the dark. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle. We may not be aware of this particular influence of ours in the lives of others whom we meet, which has already been laid down in Allah’s Plan and Wisdom. Once in a while, we meet someone we will always remember. There is something about being in his presence that draws us like a magnet into his field. Even eye contact with such a person induces electrical activity in the ventral striatum of the brain. We begin to see his world and his philosophy differently. The aura that surrounds him and the expression of his sincerity towards us linger in our thoughts for days on end and helps us spiritually to tune our thoughts to a different wave-length, equating and coupling with his, as if it is ESP. (ESP or Extra Sensory Perception is a paranormal response to an external event that has not been recognized by the five known senses. It includes telepathy which is the ESP of mental activities of another person).

Love for Allah grows with time, being a slow process. At first, man is attracted to Allah for some reason, then man tries to communicate with Him through prayers for another reason; he later engages in a dialogue and finally he looks forward to the hope of a hug from Him in the Hereafter. This is as a consequence of such of his deeds that have earned the good pleasure of Allah. We pray for forgiveness in the early hours before dawn (Q. 3:17; 51:18). We observe that angels and men of knowledge are linked together in Q.3:18 which follow the above verse. The best time for Tahajjud is to delay it to the last third portion of the night (Abu Hurairah: Fiqh us Sunnah).

Repair of the body takes place during stage 3 and 4 of deep sleep (dreamless sleep), during which memory and learning molecules are re-synthesised in the hippocampus of the brain. Hence we can formulate our wordings of petition and others much better during this period.

“ Every night, when the last third of it remains, our Sustainer, the Blessed, the Superior, descends to the lowest heaven saying, ‘Is there anyone to ask Me so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone to invoke Me so that I may respond to his invocation? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness so that I may forgive him?’ ” (Ḥadīth Muslim, Abu Dawūd, Aḥmad bin Hanbal).

Tahajjud prayers will raise us to a higher station (Q. 17:79). Those who wake up and pray and call on their Sustainer in fear and hope, and give charity would be rewarded (Q. 32:16).

From stage 4 of deep sleep, we pass on to stage 5 (Rapid Eye Movement) REM sleep when dreaming occurs. There are 4 or 5 such periods in every night of restful sleep. The dreams of early morning, say before tahajjud prayers, are remembered more vividly and with more accurate details and actions of the main figures than those dreams of earlier in the night. This is because memory molecules are synthesized during stages of deep sleep which precedes the REM sleep when dreaming occurs.

Majority of strokes occur around 2-3 A.M. (when the B.P. is at its lowest), mostly due to the build-up of cholesterol in the blood during the night and clotting of blood in the cerebral arteries. It is therefore probable that the physical activity combined with the tranquil state during tahajjud prayers around 3 A.M. could initiate into action all processes which prevent the formation and extension of the clot, and hence prevent a major stroke or minimise it. Moreover, the Morning Prayer around 5 A.M. would add a further quota of beneficial effects of this extra physical and spiritual exercise.

We look forward to each day with optimism and enthusiasm, and to prepare in advance in the morning the list of good deeds we are planning to do during the day. Executive processes of planning and scheduling are controlled by the frontal and pre-frontal cortex of the brain. During tahajjud prayers, we can formulate our supplications which will assist in molding our personality and daily schedule, beginning with early morning. When we wake up, our first port of call should be the prayer mat, followed by priorities in our agenda. Prayer contributes to our tranquility and peace of mind (Q. 13:28).

This tranquility could be a result of certain endogenous substances released into the body during prayers, such as encephalins, endorphins, dynorphins, serotonin and many others as yet undiscovered. These neurotransmitters modulate responses against the harmful effects of stress by causing euphoria, well-being, contentment and feeling of satisfaction as well as by enhancing immune responses. These are also responsible for a healthy and serene state of balanced mind, an immediate and priceless reward from Allah.

However, even the largest ships meet with turbulent waters, and we as human beings are liable to come across trials and tribulations, which we have been destined for. Although man has achieved phenomenal success in science and technology, he cannot solve problems of immorality, violence and many other daily situations, local and worldwide.

If Allah needs no praise because He is above all praise and if He needs no petition because He knows our needs better than we do ourselves, and if His bounties are open without asking, to the righteous and the sinner alike, then why should we pray at all and make Du ‘a? In Q. 40:60, Allah advises us to make make Du‘a (supplication) and He will respond.

It is a common observation that when we pray and get results, some of us call them coincidences; however, coincidences don’t happen when we don’t pray.

Supplication is for our own spiritual growth and uplift, consolation, success in this life and in the Hereafter, and for a perfected personality with strong will power, all of these through His grace and guidance. Making Du ‘as is a constant reminder to us that we are not alone in this world, but have a divine presence as a constant Companion with Whom we can have dialogue, advice, guidance and assistance.

Although Allah is present everywhere, for us to actually get the pleasant feeling of being in His divine presence and in His talking distance, we should constantly remember Him with our utmost sincere devotion, as if He is holding our hands and we are walking together.

When prayers are followed by meaningful action and service to mankind, we upgrade ourselves from being better Muslims to becoming Mu’mins and then Muḥsins and we ascend faster through Ṣirāṭal Mustaqīm towards Allah, our eventual goal.

Source:http://www.scribd.com/doc/522638/Tahajjud

CuteStuff
11-11-2009, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

What's ur problem ??

cant summarise it - too much

AnonymousPoster
11-12-2009, 04:51 AM
i try to remove whatever it is that makes me too tired to get up. so, if it is sleeping late i try to go to sleep earlier.

cat eyes
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Who told u that it isent healthy?? ''cutestuff.'' fajir time is hardly the middle of night its actually morning time because we pray right before sunrise so whether you are a muslim or not get your facts right before making silly comments such as that without any medical or scientific prove then how you can say its not healthy then all the people around the world who wake up that early for work must be unhealthy yea..... I seriously hope any young muslim reading ths thread dont take note of your comment! fajar is one of the most important prayers!!! Salaam.

OurIslamic
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Salam,

Here's a really good idea.
Get a LOUD alarm clock, and put it on the other side of your room. You won't be able to sleep with it on, and will have to walk to turn it off. Therefore, you'll be more awake when you go to walk to turn it off. Another thing, when you go to the bathroom to brush your teeth/make wudu in the morning, brush with your opposite hand. It's FOOLPROOF. It's worked for me very well. :)

Inshallah you will find success in waking up early.

CuteStuff
11-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Why dont you keep a glass of cold water next to you and pour it over you LOL im sure it will wake you up. If not keep three alarm clocks next to you at different times - 5 mins apart so it keeps waking u up. I like the idea of the alarm clock being kept on the other side of the room - that will make you get up and walk.

Here is a link to alarm clocks for people who can sleep through anything

http://www.alarm-clocks.co.uk/novelty-alarm-clocks.htm

Check out the ''Electric Shock Alarm Clock'' ---> IM Sure you wont be sleepin thru it anymore. Try it buy one of them they are cheap and let us know how you get on :D

Muslimah4Eva x
11-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Asalamalikum,

Put an alarm clock beside your bed and make it into a loud volume (adhan, maybe) and inshallah you'll wake up. Try waking your family members up aswell so you get more good deeds of them praying. Otherwise make dua to Allah before you sleep and ask Allah if he can help you and it is easy for you and your family to wake up.

unknown_JJ
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM
I put 6 alarms on two phones, 10mins apart from eachother, 1 phone under the pillow and one at the other side of the room(so i have to get up to switch it off).

cat eyes
11-14-2009, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4Eva x
Asalamalikum,

Put an alarm clock beside your bed and make it into a loud volume (adhan, maybe) and inshallah you'll wake up. Try waking your family members up aswell so you get more good deeds of them praying. Otherwise make dua to Allah before you sleep and ask Allah if he can help you and it is easy for you and your family to wake up.
I have the adhan as my alarm and believe me it really dose wake you up i also like another advice somebody said in the thread the natural alarm ask Allah to wake you up:thumbs_up

brotherubaid
11-14-2009, 10:38 PM
SubhanAllah i live on the border of Ajman n sharjah , so when the azaans starts the two cities have like a 5 min or 3 min diffrence n then some imams do azan after the other so AlhumdlILLAH some times the ajmani Imams get the reward of waking me up sometimes shrajah imams lol , sometimes they all start at once n u dont know whose azan to answer , Its a blessing , wont trade it for notthing else , will strive and ask Allah for something even better , that is to help me move to saudi arabia , hpefully in makkah or medinah , then it really dont get no beter

N well alarm clocks do work , try to sleep early m n eat less at night .. hmm what else

Please dont mind but a youth once asked ibn abas radi allahu anhu that he does not pray with congregation (Fajr) ( he could not wake up) so he told him ur sins have increased , that is reduce ur sins

So now when i miss i just look at my previous day , may be it was a word i uttered , i move i made , a glance or gaze , i dont look at my alarm clock like there is something wromg with it , May be in the previous day i did something to deserve this. Allahul Mustaan

sirajstc
11-15-2009, 03:07 PM

yeah:statisfie:statisfie

AlHoda
11-15-2009, 08:01 PM

For how long can I delay salut Al-Fajr?

May Allah(swt) bless you all. :)

AlHoda
11-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Funny you mention it, most of the times I wake up myself without a clock alhamdullilah.

brotherubaid
11-15-2009, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

For how long can I delay salut Al-Fajr?

May Allah(swt) bless you all. :)

ان الصلاة كانت على المؤمنين كتابا موقوتا

Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours

Surah Al Nisaa 103

Delaying the Salah regulary or very often or deliberatly can have the same consequences of Leaving The salah , coz changing its time one changes the Order of Allah and the prescribed time of Allah

And as it should be know that leaving Salah is Kufr as it can be proved with soo many hadith. It can get the person Out of Islam , Its very serious , please do ur research and see what the Scholars present n past have said about it. And delaying the slah from its time has the same ruling with lots of scholars.

{And then there followed after them (the prophets) an evil generation who delayed the prayer and followed their lusts. Soon will they face destruction, except he who repents, affirms his faith and does deeds of righteousness}
[Soorah Maryam: 59-60]

The other thing is that its from the ways of the hyprocrites the munafiqeen n we all know ان المنافقين فى الدرك الاسفل من النار

the hyprocites are in the lower level of fire

Bukhaaree and Muslim, the Prophet (sallallaahu-alaihi-wasallam) said:

"Indeed, the most difficult of prayers to bear, for the hypocrites, are Ishaa [night] and Fajr prayers. If only they knew what they are missing , they would sooner come, even if crawling on their knees".

The most worthy companion, Abdullaah and Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu-anhu) asserts "The only one indeed who misses them [i.e. Ishaa and Fajr prayers] is a confirmed hypocrite" (5). Ibn Umar (radiallaahu-anhu) said "When we find a man missing from the Ishaa and Fajr prayers we nurture suspicions about him"

Bukhaaaree and Muslim and An-Nasaaee related on the authority of Ibn Mas'ud (radiallaahu-anhu) that he said:

The case of a man who slept all the night up to sunrise (without waking up for Fajr) was related to the Prophet (sallallaahu-alaihi-wasallam) whereupon he said: "That was a man in whose ear Shaytaan has urinated", or he said "in both his ears".

Prophet (sallallaahu-alaihi-wasallam) said: "O Allah bless my Ummah in its
early rising

So we shoould all be care ful n take care of All the salahs , and specially Fajr n Ishaa n Asr

و حافظو على الصلاة و الصلاة الوسطى

AnonymousPoster
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
What really works for me is making DUAA before going to be asking ALLAH to help me wake up to worship him. The alarm does not do anything, if allah doesn't want you to wake up, you wont. So ask HIM to help you wake up. When i do that. i find myself waking up EVERY TIME. i NEVER use an alarm alhamdulillah....

Reach out to Allah and He will RUN to you.
Subhanallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.