PDA

View Full Version : My surgery



limitless
06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
:sl:

And Good morning to all of people in gmt -5 time zone. I have this wisdom teeth surgery at 11:05am by gmt-5 time. So, if you guys know any prayers before I have this surgery, please post it :)

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
06-23-2006, 02:18 PM
good luck akhee...!!!..no i don't know any duaa's for this surgery!! :giggling:
Reply

IceQueen~
06-23-2006, 02:21 PM
say ''Allahumma khirlee wakhtarlee"
Oh Allah coose for me and give me good
Reply

limitless
06-24-2006, 01:53 AM
:sl:

Well I found this great prayer in this islamic book and yeah I read it three times. I had my surgery, sucessfully and well :) bleeding has stopped . Just need to recover!

:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
tabligh
06-24-2006, 03:34 AM
Inshallah it will all be gd
Reply

glo
06-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by limitless
:sl:

Well I found this great prayer in this islamic book and yeah I read it three times. I had my surgery, sucessfully and well :) bleeding has stopped . Just need to recover!

:w:
I only just found this thread.
I'm glad that all went well!

What kind of pain relief did you have? Local or full anaethetics? I'm asking because I will have a wisdom tooth removed soon ... and I am not looking forward to it!! (And that's an understatement!) :X

Peace.
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by glo
I only just found this thread.
I'm glad that all went well!

What kind of pain relief did you have? Local or full anaethetics? I'm asking because I will have a wisdom tooth removed soon ... and I am not looking forward to it!! (And that's an understatement!) :X

Peace.
full/ general anaesthetic just for a surgery which exctracting more than two molars or at different region (upper/lower) or over anxious patent. Everytime i was about to perform that kind of surgery to my patient, i told them to pray with their own words:)
Reply

glo
06-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
full/ general anaesthetic just for a surgery which exctracting more than two molars or at different region (upper/lower) or over anxious patent. Everytime i was about to perform that kind of surgery to my patient, i told them to pray with their own words:)
You are a dentist? :X
I expect you advised your patients to 'pray in their minds', not out loud! :giggling:
Reply

limitless
06-24-2006, 07:30 PM
:sl:

Glo :) it was anthestic for me because it was necessary, that is what the Dr. Peter Hugdson does to other patience, and the feeling of three drugs going into your viens, it isn't cool, lol. Other than that you will be fine, today is my second day and well no swelling at all :). By the way, how old are you?

:w:
Reply

Pk_#2
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
I hope your still ok inshaAllah

:)
Reply

glo
06-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by limitless
By the way, how old are you?

:w:
I'm 39. ;D
Reply

limitless
06-25-2006, 08:38 PM
:sl:

Woah, well All i can say is, good luck, and pray to Allah and make it a successful surgery because if this is done eariler it is much better and there aren't many complications. Sister tasmiyah_B, thank you :) Surprisingly I am recovering very quickly.
I didnt have any swellings on second day of surgery and today, subnallah I am feeling better, just not eatting solid food and that requires a lot of chewing other than that good. Not taking much pain killers either :) only antibiotics to prevent infection.

:w:
Reply

Pk_#2
06-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Alhamdhulillah! good news bro :)
Reply

north_malaysian
06-26-2006, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
full/ general anaesthetic just for a surgery which exctracting more than two molars or at different region (upper/lower) or over anxious patent. Everytime i was about to perform that kind of surgery to my patient, i told them to pray with their own words:)
Whoa, you're a dentist! Cool! Can people die for these kind of surgery?:rollseyes
Reply

syilla
06-26-2006, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
full/ general anaesthetic just for a surgery which exctracting more than two molars or at different region (upper/lower) or over anxious patent. Everytime i was about to perform that kind of surgery to my patient, i told them to pray with their own words:)
hehe...since you are a dentist... i want to ask you something.

Is it true you can have gum pain and it is not associate at all with caries or whatsoever teeth disease. Because i have this pain...under my right lower cheek...(it occur when i use this specific facial wash - i think i'm allergy to it) on also my gum but when i see the dentists...they said my teeth is okay.
Reply

glo
06-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Asyur an-Nagi

Better start a dentistry thread!!! ;D

Peace
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by glo
Asyur an-Nagi

Better start a dentistry thread!!! ;D

Peace
MashaAllah...sure( by request);D
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by glo
You are a dentist? :X
I expect you advised your patients to 'pray in their minds', not out loud! :giggling:
yes. i am a resident in oral surgery. Praying loud is okay 2 me;D
Reply

syilla
06-26-2006, 07:47 AM
hehe...answer my question first.

as you know gum pain is very very painful.... I always ask forgiveness from everyone when i'm in pain...just to be prepared...hehe
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
hehe...answer my question first.

as you know gum pain is very very painful.... I always ask forgiveness from everyone when i'm in pain...just to be prepared...hehe
gum pain or gingivitis is not that painful compared to pulpal/ dental pain. Gum consist of soft tissue which could compensate the increasing bloodflow (which is the sign of inflammation). Pulp is surrounded by rigid dental hard tissue, so the absence of compensation will lead to nerve ending supression. for gum pain i suggest gingival massage and chlorhexidine moutwash. or if u are out of budget or bad mood due to the pain, salt and warm water will do:)
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Whoa, you're a dentist! Cool! Can people die for these kind of surgery?:rollseyes
yes. they could die for several causes:
1.they are medically compromised (hypertension, diabetes mellitus or renal failure)
2. they are hypersensitive toward the injecting solution (hyperallergic patient would suffer from severe airway spasm or total shock due to main blood vessel dilatation)

you just have to tell EVERYTHING and hide NOTHING from your dentist (your medical history) :)
Reply

IceQueen~
06-26-2006, 01:20 PM
alhamdulillah ur OK brother :w:
Reply

syilla
06-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
gum pain or gingivitis is not that painful compared to pulpal/ dental pain. Gum consist of soft tissue which could compensate the increasing bloodflow (which is the sign of inflammation). Pulp is surrounded by rigid dental hard tissue, so the absence of compensation will lead to nerve ending supression. for gum pain i suggest gingival massage and chlorhexidine moutwash. or if u are out of budget or bad mood due to the pain, salt and warm water will do:)
i'm sorry...but it is not gingivitis...i already check the dentists. They don't know really know what caused the pain. It only happen when i use a specific facial wash. And until now i'm still finding the cause of the pain....what type of chemical...and why is it only on my right face. The pain...will spread to the end of the jaw ( and also i have some problem with my jaw...i have small jaw).

Before i don't know it was caused by the facial wash...until i stop using it...and the pain also stop (but it takes time)...then i try to use it again (just to be sure it is because of the facial wash...then after sometimes...it happened again when i stop...the pain will slowly go away (it takes about one week). Until now i don't use the facial wash...and i have no gum or jaw pain.

When i'm in pain, my right face will swell too...and I think the sinus area (right under my cheek bone) in pain too. I just want to know what cause it. But i'm not that interested to do any jaw ct scanning...or mrt. ehehe...
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
i'm sorry...but it is not gingivitis...i already check the dentists. They don't know really know what caused the pain. It only happen when i use a specific facial wash. And until now i'm still finding the cause of the pain....what type of chemical...and why is it only on my right face. The pain...will spread to the end of the jaw ( and also i have some problem with my jaw...i have small jaw).

Before i don't know it was caused by the facial wash...until i stop using it...and the pain also stop (but it takes time)...then i try to use it again (just to be sure it is because of the facial wash...then after sometimes...it happened again when i stop...the pain will slowly go away (it takes about one week). Until now i don't use the facial wash...and i have no gum or jaw pain.

When i'm in pain, my right face will swell too...and I think the sinus area (right under my cheek bone) in pain too. I just want to know what cause it. But i'm not that interested to do any jaw ct scanning...or mrt. ehehe...
:sl:

well i think u did the right thing. just stop using the facial wash. probably you are hypersensitive toward it (it could manifest in pain). probably it affected your mandibular nerve branch which spread along your jaw and some part of your cheek.
Reply

syilla
06-27-2006, 05:32 AM
thank you maybe i should check the web on mandibular nerve branch...

thank you again
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
thank you maybe i should check the web on mandibular nerve branch...

thank you again
ur welcome.but try to find skin hypersensitivity/allergic manifestation on d web.
Reply

north_malaysian
06-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
yes. they could die for several causes:
1.they are medically compromised (hypertension, diabetes mellitus or renal failure)
2. they are hypersensitive toward the injecting solution (hyperallergic patient would suffer from severe airway spasm or total shock due to main blood vessel dilatation)

you just have to tell EVERYTHING and hide NOTHING from your dentist (your medical history) :)
I'll remember this and will tell everyone I know. Thanks!!
Reply

syilla
06-27-2006, 06:05 AM
i found this...related to maxillary nerves.

May Allah make me healthy.

source : http://www.tna-support.org/newlook/definition.htm

TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) is a pain that is described as among the most acute known to mankind. TN produces excruciating, lightning strikes of facial pain, typically near the nose, lips, eyes or ears.

It is a disorder of the trigeminal nerve, which is the fifth and largest cranial nerve.

TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia / tic douloureux) is a disorder of the fifth cranial (trigeminal) nerve that causes episodes of intense, stabbing, electric shock-like pain in the areas of the face where the branches of the nerve are distributed - lips, eyes, nose, scalp, forehead, upper jaw, and lower jaw. By many, it's called the "suicide disease". A less common form of the disorder called "Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia" may cause less intense, constant, dull burning or aching pain, sometimes with occasional electric shock-like stabs. Both forms of the disorder most often affect one side of the face, but some patients experience pain at different times on both sides. Onset of symptoms occurs most often after age 50, but cases are known in children and even infants. Something as simple and routine as brushing the teeth, putting on makeup or even a slight breeze can trigger an attack, resulting in sheer agony for the individual. Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) is not fatal, but it is universally considered to be the most painful affliction known to medical practice. Initial treatment of TN is usually by means of anti-convulsant drugs, such as Tegretol or Neurontin. Some anti-depressant drugs also have significant pain relieving effects. Should medication be ineffective or if it produces undesirable side effects, neurosurgical procedures are available to relieve pressure on the nerve or to reduce nerve sensitivity. Some patients report having reduced or relieved pain by means of alternative medical therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic adjustment, self-hypnosis or meditation.

Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-27-2006, 06:05 AM
welcome bro! :)
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
i found this...related to maxillary nerves.

May Allah make me healthy.

source : http://www.tna-support.org/newlook/definition.htm

TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) is a pain that is described as among the most acute known to mankind. TN produces excruciating, lightning strikes of facial pain, typically near the nose, lips, eyes or ears.

It is a disorder of the trigeminal nerve, which is the fifth and largest cranial nerve.

TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia / tic douloureux) is a disorder of the fifth cranial (trigeminal) nerve that causes episodes of intense, stabbing, electric shock-like pain in the areas of the face where the branches of the nerve are distributed - lips, eyes, nose, scalp, forehead, upper jaw, and lower jaw. By many, it's called the "suicide disease". A less common form of the disorder called "Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia" may cause less intense, constant, dull burning or aching pain, sometimes with occasional electric shock-like stabs. Both forms of the disorder most often affect one side of the face, but some patients experience pain at different times on both sides. Onset of symptoms occurs most often after age 50, but cases are known in children and even infants. Something as simple and routine as brushing the teeth, putting on makeup or even a slight breeze can trigger an attack, resulting in sheer agony for the individual. Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) is not fatal, but it is universally considered to be the most painful affliction known to medical practice. Initial treatment of TN is usually by means of anti-convulsant drugs, such as Tegretol or Neurontin. Some anti-depressant drugs also have significant pain relieving effects. Should medication be ineffective or if it produces undesirable side effects, neurosurgical procedures are available to relieve pressure on the nerve or to reduce nerve sensitivity. Some patients report having reduced or relieved pain by means of alternative medical therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic adjustment, self-hypnosis or meditation.

:sl:
Subhanallah! brilliant! i was about to find u some source but u got it here. tic doloreux can be so painful that no one could resist! i hope the facial wash is the trigger ( I really hope so since in many cases it remains idiopathic/ unkown origin)
Reply

syilla
06-27-2006, 06:18 AM
it is a 'suicide disease'...my family can't blame me for sms'ing all my family members asking for forgiveness...hehe
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
06-27-2006, 06:21 AM
;D

nah...i had a patient with that. she felt better after i told her to rub her face with cotton ball amidst each attack. no logical explanation for that, but she survives on each attack now (Alhamdulillah)!
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 04:30 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 03:38 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 03:27 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!