/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you pray Isha juuust before fajr?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-23-2006, 08:59 PM
:salamext:

Can you pray Isha just before fajr? Like half an hour before it?

:wasalamex:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Taqiyah
06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
:heated: No..U definetly can't. Coz every prayer has its time.
"Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours." [Al-Qur'an 4:103]

:) divide the night into 3 parts and isha' should start by the end of the first third of the night.Here in Ohio we pray Isha around 11:00Pm. But in the winter it is around 9:00pm.:thankyou:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-23-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
:heated: No..U definetly can't. Coz every prayer has its time.
"Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours." [Al-Qur'an 4:103]

:) divide the night into 3 parts and isha' should start by the end of the first third of the night.Here in Ohio we pray Isha around 11:00Pm. But in the winter it is around 9:00pm.:thankyou:

JazakAllah khair ukht!!! Somemore people provide dalil inshaAllah!!!!

Starseeker
06-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Salaam,
Well, in this book I had it said that males should not delay prayer because they should pray in a congregation but it said that females should pray Isha as late as possible, but not after midnight. Dunno if that helps!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samee
06-23-2006, 09:11 PM
:sl:

No, you cannot. Allah has fixed a time for every prayer, and he expects us to perform it at that time unless we have an excuse.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time for ‘Isha’ lasts until midnight.”

Keep in mind that "midnight" does not mean 12 AM. Midnight literally means the middle of the night. So if Isha prayer starts at 9PM and Fajr is at 4 AM, the middle of these two times is 12:30. So, Isha ends at 12:30. Similarly, if Isha starts at 6 PM and Fajr starts at 5AM, then Isha ends at 11:30 PM.

Strive to perform the prayers on time Inshallah.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-23-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
Salaam,
Well, in this book I had it said that males should not delay prayer because they should pray in a congregation but it said that females should pray Isha as late as possible, but not after midnight. Dunno if that helps!

Which book is that sis? Ye it helps, anything wud help jazakAllah khair wa barakAllah feekum!

Some more dalil inshaAllah!!

Starseeker
06-23-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

Which book is that sis? Ye it helps, anything wud help jazakAllah khair wa barakAllah feekum!

Some more dalil inshaAllah!!

It's called prayer and purification and it's the 2nd volume in a set of about 15 books. Inshallah I'll try to find it and give you the name of the author.

Far7an
06-23-2006, 09:13 PM

Unfortunately LI does not have a scholar to answer any questions related to fiqh. However you can ask Shaykh Isam Rajab a question here (you'll need to register first). Or visit http://www.islamtoday.com

IbnAbdulHakim
06-23-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

Unfortunately LI does not have a scholar to answer any questions related to fiqh. However you can ask Shaykh Isam Rajab a question here (you'll need to register first). Or visit http://www.islamtoday.com

then bro can i just ask what is your understanding of the matter? Do you simply pray at congregation jammah? Do you think it would be accepted if you had prayed just before fajr?

JazakAllah khair wa barakAllah feek!

Far7an
06-23-2006, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

then bro can i just ask what is your understanding of the matter? Do you simply pray at congregation jammah? Do you think it would be accepted if you had prayed just before fajr?

JazakAllah khair wa barakAllah feek!

Wa alaikum asalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

I chose to pray at the masjid with congregation, since there is nothing stopping me from doing so. Also, if there is an opinion which allows one to pray isha at a later time, I'd prefer to stick with the original time... as it is the safest option.

I asked Shaykh Salim al-Amry a similar question during one of his QnA sessions, and he said it is makrooh to pray isha after midnight. And Allaah knows best.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-23-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Wa alaikum asalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

I chose to pray at the masjid with congregation, since there is nothing stopping me from doing so. Also, if there is an opinion which allows one to pray isha at a later time, I'd prefer to stick with the original time... as it is the safest option.

I asked Shaykh Salim al-Amry a similar question during one of his QnA sessions, and he said it is makrooh to pray isha after midnight. And Allaah knows best.

May Allah reward u! JazakALlah khair wa barakAllah feek!

I hav the answer i was looking for Alhamdullilah!
i'll stik to praying it half an hour after the adhan or in congregation inshaAllah!

Malaikah
06-24-2006, 03:13 AM
salam

why half an hour bro? is there a reason for that? i thought one of the most liked deeds by Allah swt was to do the prayers on time?

lolwatever
06-24-2006, 03:15 AM
i dont think isha can be prayed right before fajr, there's actually a definition for hwen Isha ends btu i cant remember

cheese, the prophet use to pray isha really late, infact in one of the hadith they'd pray isha when the companions started almost getting sleepy. I think tis because (only for isha) when you pray it later, its kinda like doing qiyam, so you prob get more reward.

but otherwise yeh ur right.. praying on time for the rest of the prayers is the best (especially asr)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-24-2006, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
salam

why half an hour bro? is there a reason for that? i thought one of the most liked deeds by Allah swt was to do the prayers on time?

umm... i do that coz i wanna make sure i pray it wen its actually due and sumtimes i get a bit worried that the adhan goes off a bit early :heated:

أحمد
06-26-2006, 11:13 AM

:) Those of you who have been observing the prayer times (and rulings on them) may have heard about the problems with working out Isha and fajr times in the northern hemisphere; starting from the last month. The usual time of Isha has become impossible in several places around the world, so the timing has been replaced by a new calculation system; which keeps the time closely after Maghrib for Isha; and putting fajr time slightly forward. This system was introduce when the first calculation last month for summer time produced a time clash of Isha and Fajr. The reason was basically something about a slight change in the earth's magnetic field, which has been going on for the past three years; when the field of gravity on earth was interrupted by solar flares. Whether the change is temporary or permanent is not yet in the grasp of any scientific authority.

:) If you have a local mosque prayer timetable; please stick to those timings, even if you don't think they are very accurate, and keep your duty to Allah. Allah is All-Forgiving, Merciful.

:w:

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Also, just thought id mention that witr is best to be delayed as the longer u leave it the more reward u get for it, it idealy shud be prayed after tahajud salah however if u feel like u aint gonna be able to get up for it then best to pray right before u go bed.

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't feel anyone had give you a valid answer in this thread.

Therefore:

‘Isha prayer must be performed before midnight, and it is not permissible to delay it until midnight, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 964). So you have to pray it before midnight, based on the length of the night, because the night may be longer or shorter, so the guideline is how many hours the night lasts. If the night is ten hours long, then it is not permissible to delay it until the end of the fifth hour. The best way it to pray it in the first third of the night. If a person prays it at the beginning of the time for ‘Isha, that is OK, but if he delays it a little while, that is preferable, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recommend delaying ‘Isha’ prayer for a little while. But if someone prays it at the beginning of its time, after the twilight – the reddish afterglow along the horizon – has vanished, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.*

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10125

and

4 – The time of ‘Isha

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time for ‘Isha’ lasts until midnight.”

So the time for ‘Isha’ begins immediately after the time for Maghrib ends (i.e., when the red afterglow disappears from the sky) until midnight.

Question: how do we calculate when midnight is?

Answer: if you want to calculate when midnight is, then calculate the time between sunset and sunrise then divide it in half; that halfway point is the end of the time for praying ‘Isha’ (and that is midnight).

So if the sun sets at 5 p.m., and Fajr begins at 5 a.m., then midnight is 11 p.m. If the sun sets at 5 p.m. and Fajr begins at 6 p.m., then midnight is 11.30 p.m., and so on.

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/9940

So for example, in London sunset nowadays is at 9pm, sunrise is at 4.45am, so the middle of the night would be calculated until 12:30pm.

Hmm..... :ermm:

Periwinkle18
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
hmm i was told tht the time of isha is till fajr so if u hear the fajr adhaan u can't pray isha

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
I don't feel anyone had give you a valid answer in this thread.

Therefore:

**ISLAMQA STUFF**

Hmm..... :ermm:
I quoted from IslamQA because I know brother IbnAbdulHakim does take fatwas from there.

I don't agree with this view - I believe that Isha can be read up to Fajr.

Hamza Asadullah
06-01-2012, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
I quoted from IslamQA because I know brother IbnAbdulHakim does take fatwas from there.

I don't agree with this view - I believe that Isha can be read up to Fajr.

So why not just quote the differing opinions rather than just one opinion - that you yourself dont refer to. There is not only one valid opinion in fiqh. All four madhabs have opinions that are valid depending on the methodology they follow. So for next time just state the differing opinions from the scholars regarding a particular matter. Jazakallahu khayr

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Not that it matters, but because I couldn't find anything on other sites.

Tawangar
06-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Time Limit for the ‘Isha’ Prayer:

There is the opinion deduced from taking the apparent (dhahir) meaning of the hadith about the middle of the night that was held by Ibn Hazm, ash-Shawkani, al-Albani, and others that the permissible time is till the middle of the night, beyond which it is forbidden to delay ‘Isha’.
Consider also what the major scholars of the four madhahib said:

Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi (Hambali) said in ‘al-Mughni’:
“What is more befitting – if Allah Wills – is that one does not delay it past the first third of the night. If he delays it past the middle of the night, this is permissible. What is beyond this is allowed only for necessity, and its ruling is the same as praying ‘Asr in the time of necessity (in the last portion of its allotted time)…Beyond this, the time of ‘Isha’ extends till the emergence of the second (true) Fajr.”

al-Kasani (Hanafi) said in ‘Bada’i’ as-Sana’i”:
“As for the last time for ‘Isha’, it is when the true time of Fajr comes in, according to us.”

Muhammad ‘Alish (Maliki) said in ‘Manh al-Jalil’:
“And the preferred time to pray ‘Isha’ ends with the first third of the night.”

an-Nawawi (Shafi’i) said in ‘al-Majmu”:
“What is preferred is to pray by the first third of the night. If this preferred time passes, we are left with the permissible time, which is till the time of the second (true) Fajr. This is the madhhab that has been narrated from ash-Shafi’i, and it is what has been clearcut from our companions, past and present.”

at-Tahawi (Hanafi) said in ‘Mushkil al-Athar’:
“So, the authenticity of these narrations has been established: that the time in which one can pray ‘Isha’ is from when the Sun sets, till the end of the night. However, this is divided into three categories:
a) from when it enters, to the first third of the night, and this is the best time in which to pray it, b) as for what is beyond this – till the middle of the night – this is less preferable than the first choice, and c) as for what is beyond the middle of the night, this is less preferable than the times before it.”
So, the four madhahib interpreted the relevant ahadith to mean that the time in which it is permissible to pray ‘Isha’ is till the time of Fajr, with the strong discouragement from delaying it past the first third of the night, let alone the middle of the night, unless one has a good excuse (such as illness, preoccupation with a task, etc.).
In conclusion, there is a difference of opinion as to whether the time limit is a matter of strict forbiddance, or merely one of preference. In any case, the safest thing to do is to not delay it past the middle of the night, as much as you are able.
And Allah Knows best.

Tawangar
06-03-2012, 05:38 AM
When Does Isha Time End?

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Posted: 27 Safar 1424, 17 April 2004

Q.) I want to know how late can one say Ish'a Paryer. Someone told me that it's better to pray qada salat after midnight. Can we say our Ish'a pryer after 12:00 if in case we can't perform it in jaa'mat?

A.) The permissible time to perform Isha salat is untill subh-sadiq (true dawn). To perform Isha salat after half of the night has passed will be considered makrooh (undesirable). After midnight one can perform salat, and this will be considered performed in its valid time (ada), not qada. Half the night can be calculated by finding the midpoint between sunset and subh-saadiq. (Fataawa Mahmoodiyah vol.2 pg.146, 240).

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Tawangar
06-03-2012, 05:45 AM
It is documented in the Sahih that Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Neglecting the Salat is not when someone miss it due sleeping but it is when it is neglected until the time of the Salaat expires until the time of the next Salaat begins".

Bint-e-Adam
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Time Limit For The ‘Isha’ Prayer

There is the opinion deduced from taking the apparent (dhahir) meaning of the hadith about the middle of the night that was held by Ibn Hazm, ash-Shawkani, al-Albani, and others that the permissible time is till the middle of the night, beyond which it is forbidden to delay ‘Isha’.

Consider also what the major scholars of the four madhahib said:

Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi (Hambali) said in ‘al-Mughni’:

“What is more befitting – if Allah Wills – is that one does not delay it past the first third of the night. If he delays it past the middle of the night, this is permissible. What is beyond this is allowed only for necessity, and its ruling is the same as praying ‘Asr in the time of necessity (in the last portion of its allotted time)…Beyond this, the time of ‘Isha’ extends till the emergence of the second (true) Fajr.”

al-Kasani (Hanafi) said in ‘Bada’i’ as-Sana’i”:

“As for the last time for ‘Isha’, it is when the true time of Fajr comes in, according to us.”

Muhammad ‘Alish (Maliki) said in ‘Manh al-Jalil’:

“And the preferred time to pray ‘Isha’ ends with the first third of the night.”

an-Nawawi (Shafi’i) said in ‘al-Majmu”:

“What is preferred is to pray by the first third of the night. If this preferred time passes, we are left with the permissible time, which is till the time of the second (true) Fajr. This is the madhhab that has been narrated from ash-Shafi’i, and it is what has been clearcut from our companions, past and present.”

at-Tahawi (Hanafi) said in ‘Mushkil al-Athar’:

“So, the authenticity of these narrations has been established: that the time in which one can pray ‘Isha’ is from when the Sun sets, till the end of the night. However, this is divided into three categories:

a) from when it enters, to the first third of the night, and this is the best time in which to pray it, b) as for what is beyond this – till the middle of the night – this is less preferable than the first choice, and c) as for what is beyond the middle of the night, this is less preferable than the times before it.”

So, the four madhahib interpreted the relevant ahadith to mean that the time in which it is permissible to pray ‘Isha’ is till the time of Fajr, with the strong discouragement from delaying it past the first third of the night, let alone the middle of the night, unless one has a good excuse (such as illness, preoccupation with a task, etc.).

In conclusion, there is a difference of opinion as to whether the time limit is a matter of strict forbiddance, or merely one of preference. In any case, the safest thing to do is to not delay it past the middle of the night, as much as you are able.

And Allah Knows best.

http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2008...e-isha-prayer/

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2016, 07:31 AM
:bump: for new members :ia:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.