/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help :|

Pk_#2
06-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Peace be with you,

I need to do a comparison between two holy books or scriptures ...right?

And i dunno which ones to choose...right?

My teacher got a bible that i can use...and some brother on the forum gave me guru granth sahib...the thing is i'm on page 25 and its never ending man...

Should i just stick to the Quran and one other holy book...instead of two new ones...

cause its really hard to find similarities and differences like dat...

really stuck :grumbling

well gimme sum tips and websites inshaAllah

Peace and may God guide y'all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-24-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Peace be with you,

I need to do a comparison between two holy books or scriptures ...right?

And i dunno which ones to choose...right?

My teacher got a bible that i can use...and some brother on the forum gave me guru granth sahib...the thing is i'm on page 25 and its never ending man...

Should i just stick to the Quran and one other holy book...instead of two new ones...

cause its really hard to find similarities and differences like dat...

really stuck :grumbling

well gimme sum tips and websites inshaAllah

Peace and may God guide y'all.
Is this school work?
I would stick with the Qu'ran - which you know already - and compare it to another holy book.

I can help you with the Bible, if you like.
If you find specific topics in the Qu'ran, we can try and find the equivalent in the Bible ... and you can highlight similarities or differences.

Or check out the comparative religions folder. For example the 'original sin' thread ... there are some differences discussed there.

Let me know if you need help.

peace.

Pk_#2
06-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Aww thanks sis...yeah i'll do comparison between the bible and the uran, i got a really nice teacher who can help me out too, ok If i need help i'll come to you :)

Thanks so much!!!!!

I'll have to start it soon, you can proof read it before i hand it in,

do you know any websites that have similarities/differences between the Quran and bible,

because its for college can't really do it on the simple things everyone knows already, a link if possible would be nice

Thanks again bye Tc sis :)

glo
06-24-2006, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Aww thanks sis...yeah i'll do comparison between the bible and the uran, i got a really nice teacher who can help me out too, ok If i need help i'll come to you :)

Thanks so much!!!!!

I'll have to start it soon, you can proof read it before i hand it in,

do you know any websites that have similarities/differences between the Quran and bible,

because its for college can't really do it on the simple things everyone knows already, a link if possible would be nice

Thanks again bye Tc sis :)
I don't know of any websites which compare the Bible and Qu'ran ... but i can look. How soon does it need to be in?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
06-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Hhhmmm ... it seems more difficult that I thought to find sites that compare Bible and Qu'ran in an objective manner, without trying to refute one or the other.:mmokay:

This wikipedia site looks hopeful though. It seems to compare specific events/stories/people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Similarities_between_the_Bible_and_the_Qur'an
It seems to focus on similarities though, rather than differences.
And it does state that it is in need of 'expert advice', so I don't know just how authentic the information is ...
You may need somebody to check it out for you. :?

Pk_#2
06-24-2006, 10:39 PM
aww thanks ...das neat :)

your da best!! .......................after me :| lol

Pk_#2
06-24-2006, 10:41 PM
wow dat link has loads :)

I'm so happy now...won't need much help now can mangage with the link...and some more reading and READING lol

Thanks loads May God bless you and reward you for your efforts

firdaw
06-24-2006, 11:55 PM
wow you people are so smarter then i am, but i don't think i could do the some things as you guys so good luck is all i could say right now coz i don't how feels. So yeah my best wishes to you inshallah asaalam alikum

- Qatada -
06-26-2006, 01:42 PM
:wasalamex

Sister, you can check this link out

www.beconvinced.com

Its got a section where it shows the similarities between islam and christianity.

And please remember, Allaah is the greatest, and the best human is Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

:salamext:

Mohsin
06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
:sl:

There's also similarities between Islam and Hinduism

If you go to http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm

Then go to "Queries on islam" At the bottom of the page

Then go to Question Number 40

Insha'allah it will also help you

person
06-27-2006, 11:13 AM
stick with the qur'an but if you wish then read whatever book you desire but no that the kitabullah is the book of truth and words of Allah and none can compare the words of Allah. dont waste your time reading those other books.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!