/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqab

nadia85
06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
:? Aslam malikum
Could someone please help me,I am confused is it ok for women not to wear niqab (veil).I just wont a yes or no do muslim women have to wear it,and if so wear is that writen to in the quran .
Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver Pearl
06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
:wasalamex

According to the majority of scholar it is fine for women not to wear the veil (niqaab). There is nothing mentioned in the Qur’an which tells women to wear the face veil.

Allahu’3llim

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-24-2006, 07:40 PM
There is a difference of opinion here, generally because of the interpretation of the ayat which revealed the obligation of 'hijab'. Although, this is best left to the scholars. But members can post up the opinions of scholars if they wish.
W'salaam

Silver Pearl
06-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I have quoted some answers given by a scholar (Isab Rajab) about the issue of niqaab.

The Majority of scholars said it's not wajib to cover the face of the woman and that's to me the strongest opinion without doubt.
The second opinion is that it's wajib and this is an opinion of Imam Ahmad Rahimahullah in his mathhab which became later on the famous opinion of his.
There's no evidence neither from the book of Allah nor from the Sunnah of the Messenger Sallallahualaihi wasallam obliges women to cover their faces.
Whether they bring a general Aya or Hadeeth or they twist the language to help them.
The Majority of scholars inclduing the 4 Imams didn't say it's a must yet we have some over zealous people who want to enforce it.

On the other side, there are immence evidences that covering the face is not Wajib.

Of them Hadeeth Aisha in Al bukhari and Muslim when the aya of Hijab was revealed and the women of Ansar covered their heads so no one could identify (know) them due to darkness. This means if it was not dark then it's possible to know them. If they covered their faces then whether it's dark or not there's no use of this statement because they won't be known anyway!

If you believe it's a must then fine go ahead and cover it, if you don't then it's also permissible.
This thread will be closed as without a doubt this will turn into a long heated debate about whether niqaab is wajib or not. We are not scholars nor is it our place to dash out daleel in such field. However, ukht I hope this info helps you :) .

:wasalamex

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.