PDA

View Full Version : Best continent to live in?



manaal
06-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Which continent do you think is the best one to live in? Vote and say why you feel so.
I'm not including antarctica because I seriously doubt that there are any penguin members in this forum. :giggling: (though from where I come from we playfully refer to women in black abayah and white scarves as penguins!!!!)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdulHaq
06-25-2006, 02:46 AM
:sl:

Why is Asia conidered to be only one continent?


Racism!

Isn't it?



I can't wait till all the borders of the world are gone, and all the nationalistic flags are burned, and Islam is the established around the world.
Peace and Justice.


Quran 61:9
"He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Messenger Muhammed SAW) hate (it)."
Reply

manaal
06-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by AbdulHaq
:sl:

Why is Asia conidered to be only one continent?


Racism!

Isn't it?


You want Asia to be broken into several parts? What's it to do with racism?
Reply

AbdulHaq
06-25-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by manaal
You want Asia to be broken into several parts? What's it to do with racism?
:sl:
I really dont care what they call it,
I just thought how they could call a huge, very diverse area like Asia one place.
In school, i had this teacher, who complained, that Europe should be more than one continent because it is so diverse!, lol, OK, cool. HELLO, have you seen ASIA or Africa lady!
Ever since that day, i realized that they think that it is Europe, and then other. thats what i mean by racism, i guess.
These boundaries dont mean anything anyway. Islam came to create brotherhood among all peoples.
i'm sure this is not the point of your post, these are just some thoughts i have in my head.
and i wanted to get them out. lol
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Tariq Baker
06-25-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by AbdulHaq
:sl:


I can't wait till all the borders of the world are gone, and all the nationalistic flags are burned, and Islam is the established around the world.
Peace and Justice.
Soon, Isha'Allah, soon we all pray. This world would be such a better place for us all!
Reply

manaal
06-25-2006, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by AbdulHaq
:sl:
I really dont care what they call it,
I just thought how they could call a huge, very diverse area like Asia one place.
In school, i had this teacher, who complained, that Europe should be more than one continent because it is so diverse!, lol, OK, cool. HELLO, have you seen ASIA or Africa lady!
Ever since that day, i realized that they think that it is Europe, and then other. thats what i mean by racism, i guess.
These boundaries dont mean anything anyway. Islam came to create brotherhood among all peoples.
i'm sure this is not the point of your post, these are just some thoughts i have in my head.
and i wanted to get them out. lol
I get your point, i guess that's why Asia has its sub-parts such as: South Asia, South East Asia, Middle East etc. Shows diversity. You won't vote?
Reply

AbdulHaq
06-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by manaal
You won't vote?
I'd vote, but i dont know where to live, lol
i live in North America, i would like to live elsewhere, but i dont know where to go. :?
Reply

Woodrow
06-25-2006, 04:15 AM
By definition a continent is a large undivided land mass surrounded on all sides by ocean. By acceptance Greenland is the largest Island and Australia is the smallest contenent. Technicaly Europe and Asia form a single continent, because they are land masses not seperated by oceans. Also North and South America should have been one continent because they are not seperated by any Oceans. The term continent today is more loosely used and you get terms like sub-continent etc.

With that said I am happy with North America, because we have all the diversity as can be found in all the other continents. Even without leaving Texas I can visit, sea sides, tropical rain forests, mountains, deserts etc. and find communities of people from virtualy any religious, ethnic, language, political or racial background.

In many ways each of our States is a seperate country. There are many differences between each state and with the larger States much diversity within. If I am not happy with one area I can up and move. We do have our political battles between the states, but the civil wars are now fought with votes instead of bullets. There are many things I do not like about the USA, but I can use my vote and help fire the people I feel are not doing what I want.

I do not like the large cities, but there is still plenty of room out in the open spaces.

I do not have to like or support the policies made in Washington I just have to obey what becomes law, I am free to peacefully protest what I don't like and I can vote and urge others to vote.
Reply

AbdulHaq
06-25-2006, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
By definition a continent is a large undivided land mass surrounded on all sides by ocean. By acceptance Greenland is the largest Island and Australia is the smallest contenent. Technicaly Europe and Asia form a single continent, because they are land masses not seperated by oceans. Also North and South America should have been one continent because they are not seperated by any Oceans. The term continent today is more loosely used and you get terms like sub-continent etc.

With that said I am happy with North America, because we have all the diversity as can be found in all the other continents. Even without leaving Texas I can visit, sea sides, tropical rain forests, mountains, deserts etc. and find communities of people from virtualy any religious, ethnic, language, political or racial background.

In many ways each of our States is a seperate country. There are many differences between each state and with the larger States much diversity within. If I am not happy with one area I can up and move. We do have our political battles between the states, but the civil wars are now fought with votes instead of bullets. There are many things I do not like about the USA, but I can use my vote and help fire the people I feel are not doing what I want.

I do not like the large cities, but there is still plenty of room out in the open spaces.

I do not have to like or support the policies made in Washington I just have to obey what becomes law, I am free to peacefully protest what I don't like and I can vote and urge others to vote.
:sl:
Voting has never gotten anyone anywhere in the USA. It has never helped the Native American Community, and it has not helped the African American Community.
First off, Democracy is Shirk, because sovereignty belongs to Allah (swt), not the people
Sedondly, as a system, i dont think democracy works on such a large scale, it might be ok on a smaller scale, like for a small city. (this is just my opinion)
Peace
Reply

Woodrow
06-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by AbdulHaq
:sl:
Voting has never gotten anyone anywhere in the USA. It has never helped the Native American Community, and it has not helped the African American Community.
First off, Democracy is Shirk, because sovereignty belongs to Allah (swt), not the people
Sedondly, as a system, i dont think democracy works on such a large scale, it might be ok on a smaller scale, like for a small city. (this is just my opinion)
Peace
Salaam Brother,

I can understand where you are coming from. It is a difficult thing for people to understand how each state can have it's own laws and governing bodies and still be considered a part of the same country. The main laws we need to obey are local and the Feds have little impact on us unless a local government passes laws that take away the rights of any person or group. In many ways the USA is 50 seperate countries, each unique. We are only united in the name of mutual defence.

"First off, Democracy is Shirk, because sovereignty belongs to Allah (swt), not the people"

Interesting concept, yet a people can only freely acknowledge Allah's sovereignity if the majority of the people agree to it. Yes, it can be forced on the populace under a monarchy or inherited government, but then that violates the concept of no compulsion in Religion.
Reply

snakelegs
06-25-2006, 04:39 AM
north america - for the same reasons woodrow mentioned.
Reply

manaal
06-25-2006, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by AbdulHaq
I'd vote, but i dont know where to live, lol
i live in North America, i would like to live elsewhere, but i dont know where to go. :?
Lots of people tell me that Malaysia is a beautiful and peaceful country for Muslims to live in. Its one of the places in "HAve to visit countries" list.
Reply

F.Y.
06-25-2006, 05:27 AM
I dont think we can all comment on which one is the best one to live in, unless we have lived and experienced all of them. If we havent lived in all continents, we are naturally going to say we love either the continent we were born in or living in presently.
That's what I think. And we cannot directly compare two continents because there are pros and cons about each continent.
What are the criteria we use to judge which continent is 'best'?

Peace
Reply

manaal
06-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Ermmmm.. richness in natural resources, peace, spread of Islam, beauty...

anymore?
Reply

iLL_LeaT
06-25-2006, 09:01 AM
I’m saying Asia because I watched a 60 minutes special on Bhutan, and I think I would move there if I could.

How can you go wrong when the development policy is called “Gross National Happiness?”
Reply

Pk_#2
06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
where dat?

~;~ :s
Reply

SirZubair
06-25-2006, 12:12 PM
I would vote for NEWZEALAND,...but its not on the list.

so im voting for australia,..because they are lucky enough to be my neighbours... :giggling:
Reply

noshaba
06-25-2006, 12:15 PM
although i voted for europe i believe that wherever someone lives it should be the same 4 them because they are the same person all over the place and their heart should make them feel at ease...not their surroundings....ALLAH is everywhere!
:sl:
Reply

Tariq Baker
06-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I too love America. But, I do wish---maybe totally selfish on my part--Isha'Allah, that we did have an Islamic government to help shape the declining morals of this country and bring more of my countrymen to Allah (swt). There is so much good about America, I just hate to see it condemned to the grave instead of headed to Paradise.

Please note, I am not advocating a violent overthrow of the government, but maybe one day, as our numbers grow, we can have more brothers and sisters in positions where they can help change policies and practices.

As much as I do love this country, I guess my biggest problem is with all the temptations and unright influences in this 'Christian' country, I struggle to keep my faith. So, I would be willing to relocate (if the means were available, Isha'Allah) to an Islamic country. Any suggestions and advice about where to and how to relocate?
Reply

Abdulwaheed
06-25-2006, 06:13 PM
I've lived in Africa and am currently residing in Australia. i prefer Australia so far, but i want to experience living somewhere like malaysia or indonesia
Reply

Muezzin
06-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Why is Antarctica missing from the list?

:p
Reply

Woodrow
06-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tariq Baker
I too love America. But, I do wish---maybe totally selfish on my part--Isha'Allah, that we did have an Islamic government to help shape the declining morals of this country and bring more of my countrymen to Allah (swt). There is so much good about America, I just hate to see it condemned to the grave instead of headed to Paradise.

Please note, I am not advocating a violent overthrow of the government, but maybe one day, as our numbers grow, we can have more brothers and sisters in positions where they can help change policies and practices.

As much as I do love this country, I guess my biggest problem is with all the temptations and unright influences in this 'Christian' country, I struggle to keep my faith. So, I would be willing to relocate (if the means were available, Isha'Allah) to an Islamic country. Any suggestions and advice about where to and how to relocate?
One thing to keep in mind , is that the things that are disliked about America, do not reflect all the country of the USA. Each state, territory and commonwealth differs considerably. Hawaii is much different then New York, New York is much Different then Puerto Rico, Alaska is much different then either and my favorite Texas is way different then any of them. We really are not what the world's picture is. The world see's Washington DC, New York City and Possibly Los Angeles and that is the concept of America. So, if a Person likes the North American continent, there is much choice. For those that want to get even more drastic, Keep in mind, Canada, Mexico, Belize, Guatamala, Panama and the USA all share the North American Continent. One of our States (Hawaii) is not on the North American Continent. Same goes for two Commonwealths, Puerto Rico and the Virgen Islands, both of which can be States any time they desire. Another thought as a condition of Statehood Texas retained the right to seperate from the Union or divide into 5 States if the people desire too. There are a fair number of Texans that do want us to return to being the "Republic of Texas" although they are radicals and in the minority.
Reply

cihad
06-25-2006, 08:28 PM
AFRICA everybody cmon its the best
Reply

Woodrow
06-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Actually I like Africa too. It really is a beautifull continent. But, sadly all the political unrest is destroying the country. It has been quite awhile since I was last there, but from what I hear it has changed quite a bit. Especially in the Southern Countries.

Hopefully the Northern Countries are unchanged. They were really fantastic.
Reply

Ferrari1981
06-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Erm theres no middle east on your poll !!!!

I say Dubai and Sharjah!
Reply

syilla
06-26-2006, 01:03 AM
i don't know where is better to live...i never try to live in other continent or other country. I just go there for holiday...

But i want to travel all over the world if i can...

But i think the best continent is of course in Mecca...

Which continent is exactly Mecca in...sorry for my bad geog.
Reply

shudnt_have
06-26-2006, 02:06 AM
:sl:

When I read the title of this thread, my initial reaction was 'none of the above'. I am sad to see as this option is not available to us. Subha'Allah I guess as for time being, we have to live on the face of the earth...we gotta do what we are gotta do. there is no escape from the Inns/Humans or Jinnz or sharr of shaytan on face of earth. (except with the will of God). I mean, the only reasons I would choose to live in one continent over the other is for sake of my deen (learning from gr8 scholars and teaching it)...

thats my basic principle and thats what I would go by..(hypothetically one can apply the same principle to all of the contentinents..)Allahu Alim.

I dont mean to be a thread killer. but I have lived in 2 continents so far..and if Allah wills, I will be living in third continent pretty soon..subha'Allah
So I would rather be a traveller in future. I dont wish to reside in a place for the majority of my life. Each continent has its own beauty and we would be lucky enough to witness atleast some of it before I leave the earth forever..
Reply

north_malaysian
06-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by manaal
Lots of people tell me that Malaysia is a beautiful and peaceful country for Muslims to live in. Its one of the places in "HAve to visit countries" list.
Thanks.
Reply

Sister_6038
06-26-2006, 05:27 PM
*enters votes Asia and leaves...sisters know why* HAHA!!
Reply

Bittersteel
06-26-2006, 05:29 PM
^except for Bengalis.malaysians hate Bengalis.they think Bengalis are inferior.

I can't wait till all the borders of the world are gone, and all the nationalistic flags are burned, and Islam is the established around the world.
that's extremism.Everyone has a right to live in their own way.
Reply

Tariq Baker
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
that's extremism.Everyone has a right to live in their own way.
Depends on how you look at it. If you look at it as being disrespectful (the burning of flags) and compulsitory (eradication of borders, establishment of Islam) then I would say it is extremist.

However, if you look at it another way, that all men and women in the world recognise the Straight Path, turn from their sins and false beliefs, and embrace Islam (Isha'Allah), then this world would be as Allah (swt) intended, all mankind as brothers and sisters united in the Turth.
Reply

muslim_friend
06-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by AbdulHaq
I can't wait till all the borders of the world are gone, and all the nationalistic flags are burned, and Islam is the established around the world.
Peace and Justice.
I can't wait as well.All this nationalism and patriotism is driving me nuts.

Its always a funny reaction that follows, whenever you mention that you are a muslim to someone who is not a muslim. the first thing they may ask is: "What muslim are you?".. If the Prophet was standing behind us, we wouldn't have dared say "Sunni" or "hanafi, shaafi...."... lol. no, we would have said.. "What do ya mean? i am a MUSLIM!!". the next question that may be asked to you:"Are u a pakistani muslim, or an indian muslim?".. Duh? :offended: Same here.. "Who cares! am jus' a muslim mate'
Reply

north_malaysian
06-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
^except for Bengalis.malaysians hate Bengalis.they think Bengalis are inferior.


that's extremism.Everyone has a right to live in their own way.
Not all Malaysians. I do welcome Bengalis! But the media plays major role in degrading the immigrants (usually Indonesian, Bangladeshi, Myanmar, China, Vietnam, Pakistani, Nepalese, Indian). Plus the emergence of Neo Nazism and Nationalist Malay nowadays. So sad!
Reply

syilla
06-27-2006, 01:27 PM
i don't think so...i've seen so many girls married to bengali...
Reply

Ridani
06-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I voted australia, just cause I live here now. Insha'allah the next few years I'll be in Asia somewhere.
Reply

manaal
07-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
I would vote for NEWZEALAND,...but its not on the list.

so im voting for australia,..because they are lucky enough to be my neighbours... :giggling:
New Zealand is not a continent. Its part of the australian continent.
Reply

manaal
07-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why is Antarctica missing from the list?

:p
No penguin members in this forum :giggling:
Reply

Fishman
07-02-2006, 09:34 AM
:sl:
I vote Asia because it has so many different places to live. You could live in a desert, or on an island, or near the rainforest, or in a huge megacity like in China or Japan.

Still want to vote for Gondwana though!
:w:
Reply

Abdulwaheed
07-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by manaal
New Zealand is not a continent. Its part of the australian continent.
New Zealand is not really part of the australian continent is it?? but then again i never knew Australia was classified as a continent LOL
Reply

Fishman
07-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
New Zealand is not really part of the australian continent is it?? but then again i never knew Australia was classified as a continent LOL
:sl:
Australia itself is no more a continent than Greenland is, but Australasia is a continent. Continents are not just classified on physical grounds, Europe is physically part of Asia, but it is culturally very different.

Geologically, Australia, India, some small islands and parts of New Zealand are all on the same tectonic plate.
:w:
Reply

maryam (",)
07-02-2006, 04:22 PM
i voted africa
coz i live in south africa
crime aside, we're living in a country where u have both 1st and 3rd world infrastructure...and personally i feel south africa is one of the best places for muslims at the mo...i love the country bcoz it's not perfect :)
Reply

Chuck
12-29-2006, 10:41 PM
I voted for Asia, it is such a diverse continent - take a look at middle east, russia, subcontinent, china, malaysia, indonesia, and japan; from deserts to mountain ranges of himalayas - so different in each place. I wish political situation could have been better.
Reply

Aisha20
12-29-2006, 10:53 PM
ehhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! where is central america :rollseyes ??????? u may have put latin america instead of south america :blind:
Reply

Abdulwaheed
12-30-2006, 12:26 PM
I voted africa only because thats where im from. i havent lived there long enough to appreciate it.

i wouldnt mind going to asia too though :)
Reply

Fishman
12-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Aisha20
ehhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! where is central america :rollseyes ??????? u may have put latin america instead of south america :blind:
:sl:
Central America is not a continent, it is a subcontinent of North America. However, it is culturally different to the US and Canada, and could be referred to as Latin America, grouped with South America.

Europe is not a proper continent, BTW. It should be referred to as far west Asia.
:w:
Reply

Aisha20
12-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
Central America is not a continent, it is a subcontinent of North America. However, it is culturally different to the US and Canada, and could be referred to as Latin America, grouped with South America.

Europe is not a proper continent, BTW. It should be referred to as far west Asia.
:w:
thats why i said it 'd b better to put latin america than south america alone
Reply

Woodrow
12-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Aisha20
thats why i said it 'd b better to put latin america than south america alone
Central America needs it's own distinct heading. It is very different from either North or South America.
Reply

limitless
12-31-2006, 06:00 PM
I voted North American simply because of Canada, not USA.. I would have voted Asia only because of middle east and Japan thats it, but I live in Canada.

P.s: you guys are going a bit off topic lol .
Reply

Fishman
12-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Central America needs it's own distinct heading. It is very different from either North or South America.
:sl:
But it isn't a continent! If Central America gets a heading, then India, Siberia, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, North Africa, the Far East and Sub-Saharan Africa should get seperate headings. Continents (except Europe) are defined by their shape and location, not their culture.
:w:
Reply

muzna
01-01-2007, 04:48 AM
i'd say asia is the best continent to live in because of its incredible diversity...its impossible to not find a country which would suit you..besides, asia is developing fast..
Reply

smile
01-01-2007, 07:40 PM
AFRIcA
Reply

Aisha20
01-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
But it isn't a continent! If Central America gets a heading, then India, Siberia, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, North Africa, the Far East and Sub-Saharan Africa should get seperate headings. Continents (except Europe) are defined by their shape and location, not their culture.
:w:
sooo... central america isnt part of the world?.. cuz they mntion north n south america.. n where r countries like barbados? trinidad? panama? in mars? :D
MY opinion is that instead of south america alone... it 'd b better to put latin america. its not a continent.. but part of it.
Reply

Woodrow
01-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
But it isn't a continent! If Central America gets a heading, then India, Siberia, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, North Africa, the Far East and Sub-Saharan Africa should get seperate headings. Continents (except Europe) are defined by their shape and location, not their culture.
:w:
That is true. The only problem is, does that make Central America part of South or part of North America?
Reply

Fishman
01-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
That is true. The only problem is, does that make Central America part of South or part of North America?
:sl:
I'm currently having a similar argument with my RE teacher!

Central America has two narrow areas of land which separate it from the rest of the Americas, one in southern Mexico and one in Panama. Since the Mexican one is considerably wider than the Panamanian one, it is connected more to North America, and thus, is part of that continent.
:sl:
Reply

Sanobar
01-02-2007, 05:24 AM
:sl:
i voted for ASIA... and.. ermm... still wondering y???:p
:w:
Reply

Woodrow
01-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Oddly except for Europe I find all of the Continents to be very similar. They each have vast cold regions, hot regions, Mountainous areas Sea Coasts and a large desert. Areas that are undeveloped, Farming regions and large populated cities. Europe is the only continent that lacks some of the diversity. I do not know of any large dessert in Europe. Besides Europe is the only continent to start and end in the letter E all the Rest start and end with the letter A.

I think you can find pretty much the same things on any continent. When thinking of preferences perhaps it would be more accurate to think in terms of a specific Country, Or in the case of large countries in terms of a specific State/Provence.
Reply

The Ruler
01-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
^except for Bengalis.malaysians hate Bengalis.they think Bengalis are inferior.
i'll say this in plain english...you akhi...are causing trouble.

reason?

no other bengalis (including me and my relatives and friends) hates the malaysians...we love and respect them as muslims...and living wuite close to them, we were not treated differently. they were great.

you have no proof that they hate us. its just your opinion...mind i said 'yours'.

back on topic...

i chose Europe...although coutries like France are a bit of trouble, UK is still the best place...methinks

:w:
Reply

matobosha
01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I agree with F Y it is a difficult issue to conclude which is a better place to live in. I think for a muslim it is important to live where you can practise to the best of your ability irrespective of which country.
Where ever you are you have to be able to easly access the mosque,get halal food and live in an islamic atmosphere.
The whole world is Allahs world and He knows best which is the best place to live.
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
01-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+
no other bengalis (including me and my relatives and friends) hates the malaysians...we love and respect them as muslims...and living wuite close to them, we were not treated differently. they were great.
:salamext:

Yes, Bengalis do not hate Malaysians as I am a Bengali I haven't even met a Malaysian, actually this is the first time I heard such a thing!

I chose Antartica even though I live in Europe! And I still am wondering why! But I think the reason could be that there are a few people living there mainly the Inuits and this continenet is fast travelling into the sea due to global warming or should I write becoming part of the sea, anyhow it is where the creatures are becoming extinct such as polar bears and Arctic foxes and the continent is, in my opinion, beautiful and it seems so pure, the snow and mountains and even the air and sea becasue the world may lose all this beauty someday, so probably that is why I chose it.

Although all continents have their advantages and disadvantages. Every continent is beautiful in its own way.

:salamext:
Qurratul Ayn
Reply

Aisha20
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Although all continents have their advantages and disadvantages. Every continent is beautiful in its own way.
i agree with ya
Reply

Fishman
01-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
:salamext:
I chose Antartica even though I live in Europe! And I still am wondering why! But I think the reason could be that there are a few people living there mainly the Inuits and this continenet is fast travelling into the sea due to global warming or should I write becoming part of the sea, anyhow it is where the creatures are becoming extinct such as polar bears and Arctic foxes and the continent is, in my opinion, beautiful and it seems so pure, the snow and mountains and even the air and sea becasue the world may lose all this beauty someday, so probably that is why I chose it.
:salamext:
Qurratul AyN
:sl:
Antarctica does not have Inuits, polar bears or Arctic foxes, they live in the Arctic, which is at the North Pole. Antarctica has no large land animals except penguins. It is also not dissapearing into the sea, since Antarctica has land underneath the ice.
:w:
Reply

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
LOL @ QA and rooh....Malaysians are cool... :D i fink...!
Reply

sudais1
01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Easy Asia

In Asia-Saudi

In Saudi-Makkah or Madinah
Reply

Fishman
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
:sl:
Antarctica without the ice:


In reality there would be more land, sice the crust would rise a few hundred meters because the ice would no longer be squashing it down into the Earth.
:w:
Reply

Pygoscelis
01-06-2007, 01:05 AM
I suspect that most people feel that where they happen to be at is the best place to be.

I do too.

We enjoy all the cultural upsides of the US (tv shows, movies, etc, all get here same time as they are released in US) without the guns, attitude, and war mongering. I'm quite happy with that.
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
:sl:
I dont know, but what with these polls :?
:sl:
Reply

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
lol maryam11 .. antarctica ... where no one lives (i think) that way i be all alone and do something to make it...warm..and cozy...and a way to be able to get rid of-- woops i said too much...




lol i voted for europe tho so no one follows me to my future home..MUAHA- i meant hahaha hehe?... :w:
Reply

Woodrow
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Somebody is having fun finding all of the old threads with Polls and waking them up. I'm not amused.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-18-2015, 09:20 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM
  4. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 07:36 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!