/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which mushaf do you use?

afriend
06-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Just wondering which would be the best one for hifz and reading in general...

At the moment, the South African print seems to be working best for me.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
06-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Mushaf is basically the Quraan........not sure about literal meaning, but it's refering to the Quraan....

I'm tryin to see what type of Quraan it is (the font of that specific Quraan).

e.g. South African print-letters quite large and spaced out, hence more pages.

Saudi Arabian print-letters small and closer together, therefore less pages :)

Pk_#2
06-25-2006, 10:54 AM
small and close togeva one...buh not too small :)

Umar001
06-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Mushaf is like scripture or something.

Anyhow, erm I dont read arabic but i tend to like the bigger ones cos I struggle less in readin the letters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
06-25-2006, 01:34 PM
:sl:

The different mus-hafs have different advantages.

The saudi one which is most widespread, has "colours" in it the green pages etc. This will help you to remember the actually page, as colour is more easy to rememeber (it sticks in your mind) and each page is 15 lines of Quran whereas compared to the South African which is only 13 lines per page. So if both students using the different mus-hafs learnt a page a day. The one using the Saudi version would slowly but surely finish before the other student.

However the South African one is written with more pauses etc so it helps the Student to know where to stop etc. It was written mainly for muslims who dont have arabic as their native tounge. Also the mark of the Ayah is very small, this takes the focuse of long Ayahs, if you take for an example the longest Ayah in the Quran (Surah Baqrah Ayah 282). In the Saudi mus-haf it looks very "scary" (a whole page!) but in the South African one you hardely notice it.

Oh and the Saudi mushaf has a rule of thumb, every page finishes with an ayah, it never over flows, which the South African one does.

In the beginning I used the Saudi one, but then Switched to the South African. Both are equally good, however if its for Hifz I would personally recommand the South African one. Allah Knows best.

afriend
06-25-2006, 02:22 PM
woah JazakAllah khair akhi :thumbs_up

MashAllah

Zohair
06-25-2006, 03:59 PM
I use the qur'ans from India.

amirah_87
06-25-2006, 04:58 PM
salaams

I use the Saudi print.,the South African one i've never heard of but it sounds good MashaAllah but it's hard to switch to something else when you're used to the other.

Umar001
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Im really interested but I dont see why I would be lol.

Anyone got pics??

afriend
06-26-2006, 10:25 PM
urm...I'll scan and give you the 2 types soon inshallah....

Abdullah4ever
07-03-2006, 03:16 PM

I use a Saudi Print with tajweed coloured i find it very hard to read South African Mushafs :(

mano_the_cat
07-03-2006, 03:20 PM
i use both saudi arabian & the south-asian style

Umar001
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
I use the english one if there is such a thing, it looks all the same to me.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-03-2006, 03:23 PM

I use the Madinah Mushaf. I used to use the 13 liner and it was good but it isnt in my opinion good for a hifz student memorizing a set amount each day. Since the pages dont end with an ayat its harder to have a the same amount of Quran per day. Whereas in the Madani Mushaf there can be a consistency in the memorization as brother Khaldun said,

The one using the Saudi version would slowly but surely finish before the other student.
Thats because if he does a page a day without ever leaving it, he'll finish in around 600 days.

I prefer the madani mushaf over the others. Though ive seen a 17-liner mushaf designed specifically for hifz...

:w:

Umar001
07-03-2006, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

I use the Madinah Mushaf. I used to use the 13 liner and it was good but it isnt in my opinion good for a hifz student memorizing a set amount each day. Since the pages dont end with an ayat its harder to have a the same amount of Quran per day. Whereas in the Madani Mushaf there can be a consistency in the memorization as brother Khaldun said,

Thats because if he does a page a day without ever leaving it, he'll finish in around 600 days.

I prefer the madani mushaf over the others. Though ive seen a 17-liner mushaf designed specifically for hifz...

You mean memorise a page per day? and not forget it either?

Umm Khalid06
07-03-2006, 03:37 PM
reading in english learning Arabic soon got a Arabic teacher to teach me the Quran:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-03-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
You mean memorise a page per day? and not forget it either?

Yes. It is tough to do at the start and i had alot of trouble getting my quran memorization consistent. But Alhamdullilah brother Khaldun gave me excellent advice and now I am able to do a page per day.

What you should do is start off increasing your memorizing capabilites slowly and when you reach the stage where your comfortable doing a page per day(it should take about say 2-3 weeks to get used to a page) you should stick to a page unless your doing full time where you can increase it if you want. Then it will become a norm and seem easy. But remember dont memorize too much in a day because most likely you will forget it. But whatever you do, memorize the same amount each day. This is the reason why i cant use 13 liner, i cant keep myself consistent, and if you do a few verses it feels like youve done aloot because a few verses will span over a few pages.

Umm Yoosuf
07-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I find hard reading from this style, but most of my asian friends like this print.

I intent to like reading from this print *sorry i couldn't find a clear picture of the text of the Quran*...many people use this print.

afriend
07-03-2006, 08:50 PM
LOL^ Asian ;D

I can use both...But I have photographic memory, and it works best with the South African (asian ;D) print.

Khaldun
07-03-2006, 11:51 PM

But Alhamdullilah brother Khaldun gave me excellent advice and now I am able to do a page per day.
May Allah make it easy for you, and all other people striving to memorise the words of Allah.

Sister Al-Muminah. The kitaab your posted is abit different from the standard south african tho, as it has 16 lines per page. The normal standard is 13.

Selising
07-04-2006, 05:22 AM
I use the one that we call Rasm Uthmani. The one that Sister Mukminah use, we used to use it. Nowadays not many people prefer it. Hard to read. The rasm Uthmani, the character is nicer, easier to read for a non-arabic people like me. I write faster in roman character compared to arabic character. just do not know how to spell things. My handwriting, astaghfirullah, embarassing

Umm Safiya
07-04-2006, 10:06 AM

I use the Saudi-print.. Didn't know there was different printings..

Al-Hanbali
08-18-2006, 12:11 AM

Yh I use the Saudi print. Many people say that the South afican one is good but Im used to Saudi print.

shudnt_have
08-18-2006, 12:32 AM

I have a dilemma, I tried memorzing. I think it is rather challenging when one doesnt understand the meaning of the words (when one knows arabic) it is easier to memorize where as someone who doesnt speak arabic at all?

what is the benefit of memorizing the Quran when one needs to look up the tafsir of the ayah?

[ps. it isnt a comment. it is a serious quesiton]

fee amanillah.

afriend
08-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Even if an arab who knows the arabic language in and out, will always have to look at the tafseer, as there are certain ayaat which require some explanation.

If you wish me to ellaborate further plese do request.

I also think to memorize the Quraan, it is essential to learn the arabic language :)

amirah_87
08-18-2006, 12:44 AM
as salaamu alaykum,

I also think to memorize the Quraan, it is essential to learn the arabic language
That is soo true!! :) ^^^ (you remember that sentence in arabic Iqram :))

afriend
08-18-2006, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
as salaamu alaykum,

That is soo true!! :) ^^^ (you remember that sentence in arabic Iqram :))
Urm...:hiding: perhaps you can give the first part....

shudnt_have
08-18-2006, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have

I have a dilemma, I tried memorzing. I think it is rather challenging when one doesnt understand the meaning of the words (when one knows arabic) it is easier to memorize where as someone who doesnt speak arabic at all?

what is the benefit of memorizing the Quran when one needs to look up the tafsir of the ayah?

[ps. it isnt a comment. it is a serious quesiton]

fee amanillah.
Please elaborate..for instance..when I tried memorize the homophone words like (sound same, yet diff meanings ie sun or sun) i get them confused..

muqrinun, munafiqun...?? (by no means i am not scaring anyone here..)
just wondering...

afriend
08-18-2006, 02:28 AM
That is only natural, but when you put them into the right context, whichever makes sense will fit into it.

So say live and live.

If we use live in the context of:

Reporting live from Mars

It means something different than:

I want to live.

I will continue if you desire.

shudnt_have
08-18-2006, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
That is only natural, but when you put them into the right context, whichever makes sense will fit into it.

So say live and live.

If we use live in the context of:

Reporting live from Mars

It means something different than:

I want to live.

I will continue if you desire.
and you are certainly right. However, what I mean is for an non-arab what is the benefit when they recite the Qur'an without understanding the meaning?

hmmmmmmm, ie for example: Surah Al Imran Allah subha' wa tallah mentions in ayah 26-27 which means "He is who brings death to live" etc..
If a non muslim doesnt know what does the word, "hayy" means, how is one suppose to benefit from it?

Again as a born muslim, I see the memorization of the Quran done heavily in my community. (I am not questioning ppl's intention behind it, rather i am trying to seek the wisdom behind such acts.)

please present ur case

and Allahu alim.

afriend
08-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Na'am.

I understand your point, but the sheer virtues for memorising the Quraan is to die for.

I myself am learning the Quraan by heart, at the same time I am learning the arabic language, as translation Quraans are not as satisfying as reading translations.

I also recomend any youth who has the chance to do so, thereafter learn the meanings, along with the arbic language.

I hope that answers your query. I will kindly ellaborate further.

shudnt_have
08-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Asalaamu alikum akhi,
I posted a response last night, Unfortunately it was not poster for some odd reason perhaps my internet connection was discontinued. Yes, Allah tallah reward you for that, it does clear the ambiguity to an extend.
well it does answer my q, now my next question is how are you learnig the tafsir of the ayahs? with a teacher? or self study (if you dont mind me asking)
and please share some tips.
subha'Allah when i tried memorizing some of surah yasin, it took me forever to understand eachand every word of that surah in my mother tongue. (it was self study which shamelessly took weeks)

i am learning arabic with a teacher finshed my level one. however what i found most beneficial is the fact if i memorize list of arabic vocab that appear most often in the Quran.

What are some others ways we can help establish our understanding of the Quran? plz contribute to that question if you can.

Mujahidah4Allah
08-22-2006, 03:27 PM

preferre the arabic Quraan since i'm used to it now... :)

ma'salamah

Muhammad
08-22-2006, 03:53 PM

Nowadays there are some word-for-word translations of the Qur'an, which a person could use to identify the meanings of words in the Qur'an. If you are having difficulty with similar-sounding words, it might be useful to consider learning their roots and as Br. Iqram mentioned, the context in which they are used might help.

May Allaah help us to understand the Qur'an, Aameen.

Mujahidah4Allah
08-22-2006, 07:17 PM

word for word by Ibn Kathir is good

i gots this

ma'salamah

*noor
08-23-2006, 09:12 PM
i think its Saudi Arabian but im not sure

afriend
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM

I hope that this will help:

http://www.openburhan.com/

*noor
08-23-2006, 09:19 PM
what's the difference between the south african and the saudi?

afriend
08-23-2006, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
I find hard reading from this style, but most of my asian friends like this print.

I intent to like reading from this print *sorry i couldn't find a clear picture of the text of the Quran*...many people use this print.

Here are the two types of quraans....

*noor
08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
ok jazaakaAllah

so that means I usually use the saudi but my dad uses both

shudnt_have
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM

Jazaks for the link bro. I dont know how to use it though!..for example I click on the word, "nast^aeen"

as in Iyyaka naAAbudu wa-iyyaka nastaAAeenu"
Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. (1:5)
on the left hand side, the small box appears it is telling me that word, "^aoon" is the root word?

is that right? but it does not tell me what does ^aoon mean?

am I having simplicy technically difficultly to understand this program or intectual incapablities..?:?

shudnt_have
08-23-2006, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

word for word by Ibn Kathir is good

i gots this

ma'salamah
could I get it online? or which site do i purchase it from?

Mujahidah4Allah
08-23-2006, 09:36 PM

yeah i think you can not sure from where i bought mine from a shop...

ma'salamah

afriend
08-23-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have

Jazaks for the link bro. I dont know how to use it though!..for example I click on the word, "nast^aeen"

as in Iyyaka naAAbudu wa-iyyaka nastaAAeenu"
Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. (1:5)
on the left hand side, the small box appears it is telling me that word, "^aoon" is the root word?

is that right? but it does not tell me what does ^aoon mean?

am I having simplicy technically difficultly to understand this program or intectual incapablities..?:?
LOL

That was the wrong link...sorry.

This is the real deal :p:

http://www.islamic-knowledge.com/Lea...%20for%20Word/

Mujahidah4Allah
08-23-2006, 09:41 PM

excuse iqqy he's always giving wrong links, anyways sis shudnt have try googling it

ma'salamah

afriend
08-23-2006, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

excuse iqqy he's always giving wrong links, anyways sis shudnt have try googling it

ma'salamah
:mmokay: lol

You're very welcome

Mujahidah4Allah
08-23-2006, 10:03 PM
shush dnt go off topic now tut tut [hi jak instead lol] no ermm sis u found it?

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM

try here if you get viruses it is not my fault

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...for+word&meta=

ma'salamah

shudnt_have
08-26-2006, 03:13 AM
I am here, sorry for the late reply. Yes masha'Allah now the linkis wayyyy better. It does make sense also.:giggling: But what I am so unsure of, what do the numbers stand for?

Are these notes consistent with the format of the Quran? ie it does not seem that it has the starts with Surah Al Baqarah...? I think it starts with Surah Al Imran....so does it skip any surahs?

may Allah reward you for the links!

ps sis hypergal, i didnt get a virus. but i didnt find the free book online either..?

by chance Does anyone know where i could get Imam Ghazalis' books? I am reading the 'Recitation of the Quran' one for few months now. al hamdoulilah i cant put it down.

shudnt_have
08-26-2006, 03:15 AM
oh btw, i forgot to answer the orignial q, i use the south african mushaf with tajweed rules in colours.it is wonderful. alhamdoulilah!

Mujahidah4Allah
08-26-2006, 10:34 AM

Imam Ghazali a fantastic Pious man :) try goggling him aswell lol

ma'salamah

H@fiz Aziz
01-07-2007, 01:25 AM
arabic man

ژاله
01-14-2007, 11:27 AM
i use a 16 liner mushaf,dunno what it is called..
may be indian style

Khalid1402
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM

I read from a Qur'an from Saudi Arabia and I have two translations in English. One is by Abdullah Yusuf Ali and the other is a Saheeh International translation I received the day I declared my shahadah.

danial6666
03-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I use Mushaf Uthmani

03-28-2007, 12:08 PM
If you\\\'re doing hifz its best not to change your mushaf coz it affects your memorization

It also depends which sanad your doing e.g Riwayat Hafs :)

afriend
04-10-2007, 01:47 PM

It also depends which sanad your doing e.g Riwayat Hafs

Sister, can you define the types? I never knew of this intelligence.

JazakAllah khair

vpb
04-10-2007, 01:52 PM
saudi is the best cuz it's easy to read. :D (maybe bc it's very popular)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 02:01 PM

Ibn Mas’ood said, “I feel that indeed someone will forget knowledge they had a acquired because of sins they commit.”

Allah ta’ala teaches us in the Qur’an: "[Be conscious of Allah and Allah will teach you.] This knowledge is from Allah ta’ala, a gift. It makes no sense that someone spends their nights disobeying the gift-giver while awaiting His gifts in the morning".

One of the key: if you want your children to be effective in their Deen and their memorization of Qur’an, YOU have to be the one that you want your children to become. Do not let them see a contradiction.

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “The heart that has no Qur’an in it is like an abandoned ruined dwelling.” [At-Tirmidhi].

08-31-2007, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
Sister, can you define the types? I never knew of this intelligence.
just remembered this now :hiding:

I think this post has explained it really well mashaAllah:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Assalamu Alykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu,

Here is some useful information which I wanted to share.

THE AHRUF
First there is the issue nof Ahruf (dialects/modes). The Qur'an was revealed in seven ahruf, as is proved in many mutawaatir ahadith. This was because different tribes pronounced and spelled words differently. The forms matched the dialects of following seven tribes:
1.Quraysh
2.Hudhayl
3.Thaqîf
4.Hawâzin
5.Kinânah
6.Tamîm
7.Yemen

The revelation of the Qur'an in seven different ahruf made its recitation and memorization much easier for the various tribes. At the same time the Qur'an challenged them to produce a surah like it in their own dialect so that they would not complain about the incomprehensibility.

Regarding whether or not these ahruf have been preserved, there are three opinions, the strongest being that of Ibn Taymiyyah, Ash-Shatibee, Ar-Raazi, Ibn Katheer and Ibn Al-Jazaree and many others. They say that when Uthman rd was compiling the Qur'an, he had Zaib ibn Thabit record it without the vowelation and consonants to accomodate the different Ahruf. At some points where the ahruf differed greatly, they recorded it according to the Quraysh dialect. There are 4 benefits which show the Wisdom of Allah revealing the Qur'an in seven ahruf:

1. To facilitate the memorization of the Qur'an. The arabs did not all speak arabic in the same way. The ahruf eased the memorization and was significant in the preservation of the Qur'an.

2. To prove the miraculous nature of the Qur'an. For despite all the differences, the meaning of the Ahruf did not contradict one another, but rather were complimentary.

3. To prove the truthfulness of the Prophet Muhammad saws, for despite the fact that he was illiterate, the revelation of the Qur'an occured in different tribal dialects and different words, all of which consisted of the most fluent and eloquent speech of his time.

4. To honour the ummah of the Prophet Muhammad saws and show its superiority over all other nations.

THE QIRA'AT
Qira'at refers to the various manners of reciting the Qur'an. Each qiraa'a has its OWN rules of tajweed. In Murattal, it is not necessary to emphasize every vowel in clarity as it is in Mujawwad. Each qira'at is named after the Qari who was famous in reciting in that manner.
There are many different Qira'at, but Ibn Mujahid wrote a book on the seven most prominent. He did this on purpose to match the seven ahruf, but some people don't know that there are more than 7 qira'at. In fact, there are ten authentic Qira'at. For a qira'at to be authentic there are very detailed rules which we could discuss later if any wishes.
Here are the ten Qira'at with their famous Qaris:

1. Naafi' Al-Madanee. (Madinah)
Imam Malik recited in this manner. Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal often recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Qaloon and Warsh.

2. Ibn Katheer al-Makee. (Makkah)
Imam Shafi recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Al-Buzzee and Qumbul.

3.Abu Amr al-Basri (Basra)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Ad-Doori and As-Soosee.

4. Ibn Aamir ash-Shami (Syria)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Hishaam and Ibn Thakwan.

5. Asim al-Kufi (Koofah)
Imaam Abu Hanifa recited in this manner. Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal often recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who prserved this recitation are Shuba and Hafs

6. Hamzah Al-Kufi (Koofah)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Khalaf (who also has his own Qira'at #10) and Khallaad.

7. Al-Kisaa'ee
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Al-Layth and ad-Doori (same one as before).

8. Abu Ja'far Al-Madanee (Madinah)
The two Qaris who preserved this recitation are Isa and Sulayman.

9. Yaqub ibn Al-Basri (Basra)
Imam Bukhari recited in this manner.
The 2 Qaris who preserved this recitation are Ruways and Rooh.

10. Khalaf (same one who preserved Hamzah's recitation, but this is his own method of reciation)
The 2 Qaris who preserved this reciation are Ishaq and Idris.

Today 95% of the world recites Hafs an Asim, 3% Warsh an Naafi, .7% Qaloon an-Naafi, .3% Ad-Doori an Abu Amr and 1% Ibn 'Aamir.

Please let me know if anyone found this informative.

yigiter187
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
turkish mushaf :D

Re.TiReD
09-07-2007, 01:10 PM
:salamext:

I use the mushaf with small text, personally I think the small text is better for the individuals who can recite fluent arabic and can do so continuously, without pauses (aside from the original pauses of the Qur'aan of course).

The larger font would be beneficial to those just beggining to master the art of reading the arabic language, as the places where the letters join and the letters themselves are more prominent; hence decreasing the liklihood of mistakes being made.

BlackMamba
09-08-2007, 01:11 AM
IbnRuwahah, you want to do Hifz mashaallah thats good. I use the Pakistani Mushaf. Its good for me with Hifz Alhamdulillah Allah has let me learn big portion of Quran with that mushaf. Hopefully I can finish it soon, inshaAllah. But a quran is a quran. InshaAllah you will be able to memorize with any quran.

qrays
11-25-2007, 11:09 PM
The best mushaf to memorize is Mushaf at-Tajweed color-coded.

Here how it looks:

You can download a pdf scanned version of the same mushaf. However, having a hard copy is always better, for the publisher and also for reading/memorizing purpose. You can buy it from: here, or here, or here.

Mushaf of Madina, is also Uthmani script, most of the Turkish mushafs are also Uthmani's script.
For Mushaf al-Madina you can download a pdf from here.

There is yet another very famous mushaf with Husrev's caligraphy. You can read it from here. Here how it looks, colors show the coincidence of similar words:

To sum up:
Mushaf at-Tajweed
Mushaf al-Madina
Mushaf al-Husrev

If you live in US, and interested in hard-copy of Mushaf al-Husrev, let me know.
Fi amanillah
Islam

wizra
11-27-2007, 03:53 AM
assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

i use the Saudi ones... the ones that are printed at King Fahds Printing Complex:
http://www.qurancomplex.com/default.asp?l=eng

By the way, i've uploaded the entire quran on my 4Shared account.

http://al-qasim.4shared.com

there are 2 Qurans there.
Mushaf al-Husrev: Which contains every single page of the Quran as JPG images. (theres around 605 files within the Zip File)
heres a sample of one of the pages:

and theres another 1 called "Quran GIF Files" which contains images of every single Verse in the Quran (there are 6236 files with in the ZIP file)
heres a sample of 1 these Verse Images:

assalaamu alaykum

qrays
11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know where I can get Word Document of the following color-coded mushaf:

http://www.quran-warch.org/hafs/images/003.gif

wizra
11-29-2007, 08:25 AM
assalaamu alaykum

i just uploaded every page (in GIF Format) of the Full Quran to my 4shared account:

here is a sample page:

the file is titled "Tajweed Coloured Quran GIF Files - Full Quran.zip" and is around 97MB all up

qrays
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Akhi,

I have it all. But I need the original word document as I study tajweed with my students. Friquently we need to produce this quality prints:
http://qalifba.googlepages.com/hud-56.pdf

Al-Hanbali
12-01-2007, 07:07 PM

I use this mushaf, it has the same rule of thumb as the Saudi mushaf, which is that every page finishes with an ayah, however, the text font is different.

Al-Hanbali
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase the above mushaf? I need one urgently.

qrays
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Alaikum Salam,

If you are looking for Mushaf al Uthmani, then here is it:
http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...w=&range_high=

or

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...=MushafUthmani

Al-Hanbali
02-28-2008, 07:01 PM

Jazak'Allah khair but I'm specifically looking for the following one:

format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan

qrays
02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
May I gently ask, why particularly this one?

Silver
04-14-2008, 01:26 PM
What's the difference? Well some of the mushafs there are at my house and my grandparent's are printed in Lebanon and others in Syria.

qrays
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Well, there is no difference between those mushafs, except for the caligraphy. Some are written in Kufi-font style, some are Nash.. some are tajweed (recitation rules) colored and so on. So, I prefer Madinan Mushaf with color-coded tajweed:

Isn't that a beauty?

qrays
04-14-2008, 02:30 PM
A closer view:

Huma*
04-14-2008, 03:46 PM

I read Saudi Mushaf, Uthmani script 15 liner...

format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan

Does anyone know where I can purchase the above mushaf? I need one urgently.
Check this link bro, if it is the one you are looking for...u can also view sample pages there..

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma..._Code=ArbQuran

Huma*
04-15-2008, 06:48 AM

Actually I have both uthmani and persian script mushafs, both are Saudi. I am comfortable with uthmani script.

This is my Mushaf..Uthmani script.

and the below one is persian script..

qrays
04-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Your Saudi mushaf is so beautiful.

Huma*
04-15-2008, 03:39 PM

Thanks.... Yea it is really beautiful I bought this mushaf from Makkah...There is a huge shopping mall located just in front of Haram's gate Bab-al-Fahad.

qrays
04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
How lucky you..

I wish and I dream the miraculous day when Allah bestows me chance to go there.. I cry with words of Jami

O Messenger of God! If only like the dog of the Companions of the Cave,
I could be in Paradise among your Companions.
Is it right that their dog is in Paradise while I am in Hell?
He was the dog of those Companions; I am the dog of yours!

Huma*
04-15-2008, 03:55 PM

May ALLAH listen you and make your wish come true.

qrays
04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira*
This is my Mushaf..Uthmani script.

All day long I was thinking about this mushaf. I really liked it. Do you happen to know where I can purchase it (in USA)?

Many thanks

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Assalaam Alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I've voted Saudi Arabian. It is more easy for me to read the letters of Arabic.

Huma*
04-16-2008, 03:43 PM

Try here... http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...=MushafUthmani

http://www.onlineislamicstore.com

qrays
04-16-2008, 03:54 PM
I tried and viewed them all. But none of them are like yours with such beautiful borders. Caligraphy is Uthman Taha, same for all al-Fahd complex production. However, never saw any alike fascinating borders with such a great calligraphy.

Huma*
04-16-2008, 04:12 PM

I think its diff to find the same...:hmm: or else just wait for the big moment once u get there u can buy one Inshaallah.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2008, 04:19 PM
As salaam Alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I have both of them with me.

qrays
04-16-2008, 04:50 PM

I think its diff to find the same...:hmm: or else just wait for the big moment once u get there u can buy one Inshaallah.
or sell me yours :-[:D

Huma*
04-17-2008, 09:29 AM

No, I won't sell... infact with great pleasure I'll send it to u as a GIFT :sunny:

I am not kidding, really I mean it.

qrays
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM
It's very kind of you. May Allah reward your generosity! The system doesn't let me send PM. But I can read them. So, if you pm your email I can reply with details.

Jzk

- IqRa -
07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
South African print.

Banu_Hashim
07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
South African. That's how my mum taught me to read Qur'an as a small child. But I can read both.

Banu_Hashim
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Maybe someone can post some pics of each, so we're clear on what we mean by "South African" and "Saudi"

Beardo
07-16-2009, 01:06 PM
South African/Desi Prints. The Saudi LINED prints aren't bad either, though. But the ones that don't have lines are not recommended for memorization.

i went through quite a few quraans in my days. I think I used the color coded quraans for the vast majority of my hifdh. Not that I needed it, but I got used to the coloring... and actually liked them. Though, my teachers never did. They said the coloring + my speed of recitation gave them dizzy. :-[

Ah well.

I later gave in.. (lol, only for the last few months of my stay in madressah). And I got that authentic South African print. I use it regularly now. :exhausted Thanks to my teachers.

Banu_Hashim
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM

("South African")

("Saudi")

I learnt to read on the first type. But for tajweed, I find the second one more useful.

- IqRa -
07-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Could you please label which one is which so people know.

ardianto
07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't know what's the thread starter means with South African print or Saudi print. Printed in South Africa or Saudi ?.

I vote for other because my Qur'an is printed in Indonesia. In Indonesian Islamic book store I never found Qur'an that printed in foreign countries.
In Indonesia, every texts in Qur'an and Tafseer (translation of Al-Qur'an) must apropriate to standard from Indonesian ministry of religion.

- IqRa -
07-16-2009, 03:00 PM
^ The difference is explained here;

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

The different mus-hafs have different advantages.

The saudi one which is most widespread, has "colours" in it the green pages etc. This will help you to remember the actually page, as colour is more easy to rememeber (it sticks in your mind) and each page is 15 lines of Quran whereas compared to the South African which is only 13 lines per page. So if both students using the different mus-hafs learnt a page a day. The one using the Saudi version would slowly but surely finish before the other student.

However the South African one is written with more pauses etc so it helps the Student to know where to stop etc. It was written mainly for muslims who dont have arabic as their native tounge. Also the mark of the Ayah is very small, this takes the focuse of long Ayahs, if you take for an example the longest Ayah in the Quran (Surah Baqrah Ayah 282). In the Saudi mus-haf it looks very "scary" (a whole page!) but in the South African one you hardely notice it.

Oh and the Saudi mushaf has a rule of thumb, every page finishes with an ayah, it never over flows, which the South African one does.

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/23...tml#post371813

ardianto
07-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I have two types of Al-Qur'an.
One is 13 lines per page, another is 18 lines per page.

Al-Hanbali
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
For hifdh...MAKE SURE you stick to 1 mushaf!! (Can't stress it enough).

Beardo
07-17-2009, 06:32 AM
^ People usually wonder why.

When memorizing, your teacher usually marks your mistake with ink or led, so you'd want the same mushaf to remember your mistakes.

And if you do change it, change it so that at least the lines and page amounts are similar. As you memorize, you'll realize you generate a visual image as well. You'll remember "oh, so this is on this page, right before this, but after that... So it has to be... "

safiya0631
07-20-2009, 04:54 PM
when i started my hifz i started learning with the south african print and stuck with it all the way. i tryed learning from the saudi one but i couldnt but i think when you are doing hifz you should choose one print and stay with all the way.

Ramadhan
07-20-2009, 05:11 PM
When I first learned to read Quran when I was a child I used the South African print, but now I am reading Indonesian version of Saudi Arabia print (15 lines per page) with color coded tajweed which help me a great deal in reciting the Qur'an properly as I am not able to recite fluently yet.

wyk449
11-20-2009, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qrays

Here how it looks:

You can download a pdf scanned version of the same mushaf. However, having a hard copy is always better, for the publisher and also for reading/memorizing purpose. You can buy it from: here, or here, or here.

Mushaf of Madina, is also Uthmani script, most of the Turkish mushafs are also Uthmani's script.

There is yet another very famous mushaf with Husrev's caligraphy. You can read it from here. Here how it looks, colors show the coincidence of similar words:

To sum up:
Mushaf at-Tajweed
Mushaf al-Madina
Mushaf al-Husrev

If you live in US, and interested in hard-copy of Mushaf al-Husrev, let me know.
Fi amanillah
Islam
I want the complete quran of the following gif pic. can you give me all of that? thank you !;D;D

Hayaa
11-20-2009, 02:46 AM
I used the Desi version-- 16 lines with a green background before, but now I use the color-coded one and it's awesome. Regardless, I think it's better to just stick with one type of Qur'aan, esp if you're memorizing because it can get really confusing down the road.. :|

wyk449
11-20-2009, 03:44 AM

Here how it looks:

To sum up:
Mushaf at-Tajweed
Mushaf al-Madina
Mushaf al-Husrev

Fi amanillah
Islam
i want the colour tajweed quran pdf. can you give me the pdf of the quran? thanks a lot!

wyk449
12-21-2009, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wizra_ukhra
assalaamu alaykum

i just uploaded every page (in GIF Format) of the Full Quran to my 4shared account:

here is a sample page:

the file is titled "Tajweed Coloured Quran GIF Files - Full Quran.zip" and is around 97MB all up
dear sir,

can you give me the high quality pdf files for the tajeweed quran? because we want it to be teached in our town.
thanks!

yasin ibn Ahmad
12-21-2009, 01:27 PM

Here how it looks:

To sum up:
Mushaf at-Tajweed
Mushaf al-Madina
Mushaf al-Husrev

Fi amanillah
Islam
I read the Mushaf-al-Husrev.

Rafeeq
12-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I am using Mashaf published in two colors translation compiled by Sheikh Syed Ahmad and published by Quraan Asaan Tehreek, Lahore, Pakistan.

AabiruSabeel
12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wyk449
dear sir,

can you give me the high quality pdf files for the tajeweed quran? because we want it to be teached in our town.
thanks!
I think this is what you are looking for.

To download, click here: http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_...ran_tajwid.pdf

brotherubaid
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
do u guys know the small blue one published from king fahd publication in madinah , i love it!

http://store.dar-us-salam.com/product/Q40c.html here this one , my all time favorite

lausiv
03-26-2011, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wyk449
i want the colour tajweed quran pdf. can you give me the pdf of the quran? thanks a lot!
Here you can see another Mushaf..
You can download this from h t t p : / / w w w . e v e r y t h i n g i s v i s u a l . c o m / e i v/

I am not allowed to insert images if I am allowed then definitely I will insert sample images..

Jazaak ALLAH

ayesha.ansari
03-30-2011, 04:42 AM
"Here you can see another Mushaf..
You can download this from h t t p : / / w w w . e v e r y t h i n g i s v i s u a l . c o m / e i v/

I am not allowed to insert images if I am allowed then definitely I will insert sample images..""
your site is not opening dear.
I used simple one only in one color ... :)

searchinq
04-14-2011, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha.ansari
"Here you can see another Mushaf..

I am not allowed to insert images if I am allowed then definitely I will insert sample images..""
your site is not opening dear.
I used simple one only in one color ... :)
it is opening..

www dot everythingisvisual dot com slash eiv (please remove the spaces while entering this site on your browser)

flashingquran dot blogspot dot com (you can use this blogspot which is the mentioned site's blogspot)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.