/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mixed gatherings

Isaac
06-25-2006, 12:42 PM
i was wondering what people opinion are on lectures where there clearly going to be mixed and intermingling. like i know brothers who do not allow their wives to go for certain lectures by certain scholars, not due to their understanding but how their lectures are always set up. like for example, sometimes the men are in front with women behind, and people are always turning arond, people coming in late ect, then there are those where the sheikh, sits in the middle of the hijab, between the mens side and the womens side, so he is clearly visible to the men and women, and vice versa. iwas looking at some picstures know and i was kind of shoked to see some of the inetrtmingling that goes on in some lectures and institues. yes the womes are coverd in hijab, but that does not stop one with evil intentions from looking. if they were coverd in niqaab, then you could kind of be a little bit ok, but i dont know?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
:sl:

Lectures I go to have always been brothers in one area and sisters up stairs with a audio link this is the best way.

noshaba
06-25-2006, 12:46 PM
hmm...well it is said 4 the women to refrain going to areas where there is lots of men, but if it is need be then they should be covered appropriately...therefore nikaab should be advise strongly...but refraining one to go despite their correct dress is wrong (correct me if im wrong)
salaam

Isaac
06-25-2006, 03:33 PM
yes i agree to a certain extent, but the issue here is overidden by the surroundings. the set up before the people arrive is that where sometimes the men are sitting at the front and the women behind. i can uderstand if this was not the case in te first place, and some brothr even mentioned that he does no apprecaite the shiekh being able to see the women that he is adressing. he does not see the importance of having to see the women attendees and vice versa. i dont know, but i can kind of see where he is coming from. and yes i agree it comes down to the dress code. if the women are coverd, but again one has to define the term being coverd. some ma say including the face, when being in surroundings where there are non-mahrams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
person
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
people should always try their best to keep lectures segregated. if your intentions are halal then attend it but if you think it will be fitna for you and zina of the eyes then stay away from it insha Allah

Nabil-Munsif
06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I never been to those kinds of gatherings, I always seen different rooms for the men and women, or in 2 floor or frist floor.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.