/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turn OFF TV, Turn ON Life

Abdul-Raouf
06-26-2006, 04:46 AM
Turn OFF TV, Turn ON Life

When a Muslim nation watches their country play in the World Cup, over 3 million Muslims from that one country tune in. Times that by the duration of the match, 3 hours, and you'll have million hours of the Ummah's time wasted on a football game. In one sweeping night. If Karl Marx said in 1844 that 'Religion is the opium of people', then what about TV?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
06-26-2006, 04:55 AM
Definitely TV is a better opium than religion. People could fight over which channel to watch. Living in a time when there are hundreds of channels.

syilla
06-26-2006, 05:12 AM
you can also fight for the remote controls.

dianputri
06-26-2006, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
Turn OFF TV, Turn ON Life

When a Muslim nation watches their country play in the World Cup, over 3 million Muslims from that one country tune in. Times that by the duration of the match, 3 hours, and you'll have million hours of the Ummah's time wasted on a football game. In one sweeping night. If Karl Marx said in 1844 that 'Religion is the opium of people', then what about TV?
really ?

i dont think so,,,

beside,,it's a soccer and world cup. so many countries play there,,,it's natural thing if we support they support their players and TV become media for that.
also most our knowledge is from TV after books.
and TV also inform us many things happened in this world, especially about muslims in the world.

i'd like to see world cup for hours. especially when Ghana VS USA. I like it,,,
I think it's the best match in this year world cup...:D
Ghana won that,,,,:)

it's just depend how you see on TV. if u have good schedule and can choose TV correctly. I think TV is enjoyable to see.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nablus
06-26-2006, 01:40 PM
its awasting time

we are responsible of the time on the Day of Resurrection

muslimah_here
06-26-2006, 02:29 PM
:sl:
There is no harm in little bit of entertainemtn programmes as long as they within islamic boundaries and u r not addicted to them. However in case of sports I agree poepl become addcited to football crickte etc so much that they even abandon their prayers. Excess of anything is bad for u, watch TV but in moderation and not at the expense of the duties of islam.

FI AMANALLAH.

06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
I so totally agree!!! People have no life watching T.V. - it's just a useless waste of time.
:peace:

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
you can also fight for the remote controls.
lol yeah.

Nabil-Munsif
06-28-2006, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dianputri
really ?

i dont think so,,,

beside,,it's a soccer and world cup. so many countries play there,,,it's natural thing if we support they support their players and TV become media for that.
also most our knowledge is from TV after books.
and TV also inform us many things happened in this world, especially about muslims in the world.

i'd like to see world cup for hours. especially when Ghana VS USA. I like it,,,
I think it's the best match in this year world cup...:D
Ghana won that,,,,:)

it's just depend how you see on TV. if u have good schedule and can choose TV correctly. I think TV is enjoyable to see.
Wow Ghana v.s USA was a good match, I know it from the beginning that the U.S. would loss, I mean c'mon soccer isn't really popular in the United States it Football(not meaning the same one as Soccer)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.