/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help

AnonymousPoster
06-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Asalamualikum brothers and sisters,
(Mods if a similar situation has been posted I'm sorry and please don't delete this.)
Sorry if my situation soungs kind of stupid. A few years ago I only prayed when my mother made me and I hated fasting. I listened to music and I lied, backbited etc. Slowly, I started changing. I prayed, fasted stopped sinning wore the hijab etc. I was so happy. My iman became so strong; I dreamt of poius people I was never depressed or worried. I used to love worship and nothing could bring me down.
Now, years later nothing motivates me to do good deeds. Don't get me wrong or anything, I never miss a prayer or a fast or anything it's I don't feel motivated. I am depressed and anxious for no reason at all. Little things make me lose my temper etc. I really really want to become religious again. Nothing works. I rush at prayers I sin more etc.
Please could you advise me on what I should do. It's so frustrating at school and everything people always listen to what I say and they always say that I'm so trustworthy and all, they think that I don't lie, backbite or whatever, when in actual fact I do.
Please advise me on this situation. And DON'T tell me to make dua because I have tried that. I am 100% convinced that Islam is the truth and nothing could shake that, it is just that I am not motivated.
I really don't want to burn in hell I really need your help on this situation.
Jazakallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
06-26-2006, 07:41 AM
salamz sis

i think we all go through that, an exam contains hard questions and easy questions, life is no different.. soemtimes you're faced with hard situations which are confronting, but its during those situatiosn when you're 'on a low', it's when you overcome those that you get the biggest reward.

It's normal to feel depressed at times and to be frustrated and have people badmouth you, i mean all propehts went through that too.

The challenge isn't to dodge going through such feelings.. the challenge is to not be a coward and fail because of those temptations and feelings and negative influences.

Al i can say is, try stick with good sisters, if you cant find any, make plenty of dua, do qiyam man, the weapon of the believer is dua, and if you're sincere, Allah will never let you go wrong.

Life is a test, and the situations you're examined on come in many different forms, you're task is to put a brave face and do your best to please Allah SWT.

All the best,
take care salamz

Snowflake
06-26-2006, 09:25 AM
:sl: Anonymous sis,

Dear sis, to feel ashamed after commiting sin is a good sign of imaan. And part of imaan is hope of forgiveness from Allah (swt). Don't magnify your sins to such an extent that you lose hope of forgiveness. Neither take sins so lightly that there is no tauba or remorse.

Allah (swt) says in the Quran:
"Say: 'O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins (except shirk): for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'" (39:53) "And it is He who accepts repentance from His servants and pardons the evil deed and knows what you do." (42:25)

The burden of sins is hard to carry, and make the soul ill. This causes depression and anxiety. You must first repent sincerely and free your soul from this weight. You must firmly believe in Allah's Mercy. The Prophet (saw) said, "The person who repents from sin is the beloved of Allah and he becomes like those who have not committed any sin." (Ibne Majah)

To prevent yourself falling victim to backbiting and lying, start the day with the intention that, no matter how much you are provoked you will not join in something that Allah Ta'Aala detests. Sit alone in a quiet place and imagine yourself in a scenario where you are tempted to lie and back-bite. Now imagine yourself refraining from falling prey to these sins. In your head you have succeeded and now you are walking away feeling light and happy, because you avoided what Allah hates. Everything is good and you feel no remorse or shame. Armour yourself with this intention every day and it will help you stay strong when facing temptation. If you go out without an umbrella in the rain you will get wet. If you are prepared then you won't. Therefore intention is important.

Whatever you're doing or wherever you are make a habit of reciting, "Audhu billahi mina shaitaan nir rajeem" (I seek refuge in Allah from the rejected shaytaan) and also astaghfirullah, "I seek forgiveness from Allah." InshaAllah, Allah's help and protection will with be with you.

Listening to recitation of the Quran (with translations if you can't understand arabic) really keeps one's feet firmly on the right path. Even when you are not listening, what you did hear and understand will stay with you and help to strengthen your imaan. InshaAllah, Allah will reward your fight against your nafs. This is jihad sis. And the rewards will be beautiful inshaAllah. Alhumdulillah.

p.s Nice post@lolwatever!

:w:

Abdul-Raouf
06-26-2006, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
:sl: Anonymous sis,

Dear sis, to feel ashamed after commiting sin is a good sign of imaan. And part of imaan is hope of forgiveness from Allah (swt). Don't magnify your sins to such an extent that you lose hope of forgiveness. Neither take sins so lightly that there is no tauba or remorse.

Allah (swt) says in the Quran:
"Say: 'O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins (except shirk): for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'" (39:53) "And it is He who accepts repentance from His servants and pardons the evil deed and knows what you do." (42:25)

The burden of sins is hard to carry, and make the soul ill. This causes depression and anxiety. You must first repent sincerely and free your soul from this weight. You must firmly believe in Allah's Mercy. The Prophet (saw) said, "The person who repents from sin is the beloved of Allah and he becomes like those who have not committed any sin." (Ibne Majah)

To prevent yourself falling victim to backbiting and lying, start the day with the intention that, no matter how much you are provoked you will not join in something that Allah Ta'Aala detests. Sit alone in a quiet place and imagine yourself in a scenario where you are tempted to lie and back-bite. Now imagine yourself refraining from falling prey to these sins. In your head you have succeeded and now you are walking away feeling light and happy, because you avoided what Allah hates. Everything is good and you feel no remorse or shame. Armour yourself with this intention every day and it will help you stay strong when facing temptation. If you go out without an umbrella in the rain you will get wet. If you are prepared then you won't. Therefore intention is important.

Whatever you're doing or wherever you are make a habit of reciting, "Audhu billahi mina shaitaan nir rajeem" (I seek refuge in Allah from the rejected shaytaan) and also astaghfirullah, "I seek forgiveness from Allah." InshaAllah, Allah's help and protection will with be with you.

Listening to recitation of the Quran (with translations if you can't understand arabic) really keeps one's feet firmly on the right path. Even when you are not listening, what you did hear and understand will stay with you and help to strengthen your imaan. InshaAllah, Allah will reward your fight against your nafs. This is jihad sis. And the rewards will be beautiful inshaAllah. Alhumdulillah.

p.s Nice post@lolwatever!

:w:
Nice reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tilmeez
06-26-2006, 09:46 AM
2 things:
1. Fruiteless thinking of the past for long time wastes a handsome amount of vital energy. better replace this habit with Ziker, Contemplate Quranic Verses read good books etc
2. Remain in Wadho, all the time, but don't force yourself too much to keep Wadho. Just perform new Wadho every time you relive yourself.

Allah may help you.
hope 2 see you happy around in no time, Inshallah

person
06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
well never give up making du;a. Allah responds to those who are in need and are sincere in the du'a. have sabr. read books, attend lectures, events and regular islamic circles or gatherings. Always be with the right croud to encourage you to practise the deen.

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Get married. trust me it is a big iman booster n really helps. (providing the guy is practicing)

Taqiyah
06-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah! I understand u completely AnanymousGender, I sometimes feel that way myself....I usually listen to Quran or Khutbah whenever I feel that way.....trust me it works.

- Qatada -
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
:salamext:

I understand how you feel, and i think that if a person keeps on doing new things within their life to build up on their deen - then they will be stronger in different areas of their imaan, feel more comfortable when a similar situation arises, and the new things will keep their imaan strong, alive and active - the same way the sahabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) did various things in their life, and they became the best of people in all areas of life i.e. in religious, political, social concepts etc.

Therefore you may want to study their lives, and the lives of the prophets to understand that ibaadah (worship) is in many forms and not just in praying, fasting etc. but in calling people (da'wah) to islam, being kind to relatives, feeding the needy, struggling in Allaah's cause etc.

You can listen to some top lectures by a famous lecturer - Imam Anwar al Awlaki to understand the lives of the prophets, the sahabah (companions), and the pious generations that preceded before us. Once you focus on their life, you may realise who our true role models are and how ibaadah is in many forms, and doesn't just consist of praying salaah and fasting etc. (even though these are important forms if worship in our faith.) but it consists of every action that we do in our life.

This is because Allaah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me. (51:56)

Hence - we realise that every action we do in our life should be done for the sake of pleasing Allaah Almighty, and then we will be rewarded for that insha'Allaah on the day when none will be dealt with unjustly in anything. And if there be the weight of a mustard seed, We (Allaah) will bring it. (Qur'an 21:47)

So who do we look upto?

Those who have faith and do righteous deeds,- they are the best of creatures. (98:07)

These people are the ones we look upto; the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the prophets themselves - who are the best of people.

Their reward is with Allah: Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein for ever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher. (98:08)

You can download these lectures from the following links insha'Allaah, to give you a more deeper understanding of the faith, and to keep you entertained (while gaining reward at the same time insha'Allaah):

http://lectures.kalamullah.com
http://lectures.kalamullah.com/all

http://www.islamicboard.com/biograph...+the+believers

www.uponsunnah.com/lectures.php

http://www.islamicboard.com/336117-post57.html

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=awlaki

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

AnonymousPoster
06-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Jazakallah for your replies. I am really grateful. Sorry for sounding fussy but I have tried reading Quran, reading islamic books, dhikr etc. It doesn't really work for me. But I haven't tried most of the stuff you guys said but I will give it a go. I am all ready feeling better! Once again thanks!

AnonymousPoster
06-27-2006, 07:29 AM
P.S Thanks brother FiSabillilah for the links. And also to the brothers and sisters for their kind comments.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!