/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Man is Ungrateful to his Lord

Abdul-Raouf
06-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Man is Ungrateful to his Lord

[2. Surah Al-Baqarah : Ayah 121]

"Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me."

[10. Surah Yunus : Ayah 12]

"And when affliction touches a man, he calls on Us, whether lying on his side or sitting or standing; but when We remove his affliction from him, he passes on as though he had never called on Us on account of an affliction that touched him; thus that which they do is made fair-seeming to the extravagant."

[11. Surah Hud : Ayah 9-10]

"And if We make man taste mercy from Us, then take it off from him, most surely he is despairing, ungrateful. And if We make him taste a favor after distress has afflicted him, he will certainly say: The evils are gone away from me. Most surely he is exulting, boasting."

[14. Surah Ibrahim : Ayah 34]

"And He gives you of all that you ask Him; and if you count Allah's favors, you will not be able to number them; most surely man is very unjust, very ungrateful."

[17. Surah Bani Israel : Ayah 67]

"And when distress afflicts you in the sea, away go those whom you call on except He; but when He brings you safe to the land, you turn aside; and man is ever ungrateful."

[17. Surah Bani Israel : Ayah 83]

"And when We bestow favor on man, he turns aside and behaves proudly, and when evil afflicts him, he is despairing."

[22. Surah Hajj : Ayah 66]

"And He it is Who has brought you to life, then He will cause you to die, then bring you to life (again); most surely man is ungrateful."

[41. Surah Fussilat : Ayah 49]

"Man is never tired of praying for good, and if evil touch him, then he is despairing, hopeless."

[41. Surah Fussilat : Ayah 51]

"And when We show favor to man, he turns aside and withdraws himself; and when evil touches him, he makes lengthy supplications."

[42. Surah Ash-Shura : Ayah 48]

"And surely when We make man taste mercy from Us, he rejoices thereat; and if an evil afflicts them on account of what their hands have already done, then-surely man is ungrateful."

[43. Surah Az-Zukhruf : Ayah 15]

"And they assign to Him a part of His servants; man, to be sure, is clearly ungrateful."

[80. Surah 'Abasa : Ayah 17]

"Cursed be man! how ungrateful is he."

[100. Surah Al-'Adiyat : Ayah 6-7]

"Most surely man is ungrateful to his Lord. And most surely he is a witness of that."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimaatan
06-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Mashaa'Allah bro..jazaka Allahu khairan..

------
06-16-2008, 09:45 AM
:salamext:

"And when We show favor to man, he turns aside and withdraws himself; and when evil touches him, he makes lengthy supplications."
SubhaanAllaah... May Allaah forgive us imsad

Eric H
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Abdul-Raouf; a very good reminder to us all, that we should thank God in the good times and the bad. I am slightly confused though, it seems to refer to God as "We" and "Us
[10. Surah Yunus : Ayah 12]

"And when affliction touches a man, he calls on Us, whether lying on his side or sitting or standing; but when We remove his affliction from him, he passes on as though he had never called on Us on account of an affliction that touched him; thus that which they do is made fair-seeming to the extravagant."

[11. Surah Hud : Ayah 9-10]

"And if We make man taste mercy from Us, then take it off from him, most surely he is despairing, ungrateful. And if We make him taste a favor after distress has afflicted him, he will certainly say: The evils are gone away from me. Most surely he is exulting, boasting."

"And when We bestow favor on man, he turns aside and behaves proudly, and when evil afflicts him, he is despairing."

[42. Surah Ash-Shura : Ayah 48]

"And surely when We make man taste mercy from Us, he rejoices thereat; and if an evil afflicts them on account of what their hands have already done, then-surely man is ungrateful."
In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
^ its an example of Allahs majesty.

like when the kings would say "we think this befits us" even though he would only be speaking abotu himself.

if you research the language of old english you'll see its a noble way of speaking.

it doesnt mean its more then one, its just a figure of speech if you like :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I am slightly confused though, it seems to refer to God as "We" and "Us

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric
Hey Eric,

Check the following link for the answer to your question :)

http://www.islaam.net/display/displa...569&category=2

Souljette
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Subhanallah Jazakallah khair

Eric H
06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Greetings and peace be with you IbnAbdulHakim;

Thanks for the explanation.:)

In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Uthman
06-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Formally, it is known as the Majestic Plural (or pluralis majestatis if you really want to be posh). I find wikipedia's article on it very interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_plural

With regards to the actual topic, Subhaan'Allah :cry:. We really should take heed of these verses. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said “Remember Allah in prosperity, and He will remember you in adversity”.

cute123
06-17-2008, 08:24 AM
jazakhair akhee that was a gr8 reminder. May we be steadfast in our love and faith towards Allah Subhan Wa Tallah. Ameen

Abdul-Raouf
06-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Ameen

hrm
08-18-2009, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf

4. Surah Ibrahim : Ayah 34]

"And He gives you of all that you ask Him; and if you count Allah's favors, you will not be able to number them; most surely man is very unjust, very ungrateful."

Brother :sl: How very true. I have been to places and met so many people in this world and have seen so many beautiful scenic places, that I cannot thank Allah enough. Yet, I also know some millionairs in USA and other muslims countries who have all the money and resources in the world yet they don't have time to even glimpse outside their office window let alone be grateful to God for bestowing them with all the wealth and well being.:embarrass

Again brother this is such a nice dipiction. Anytime of day or night visit a hospital in your area of residence and just observe people :men , women , children who are in such misery and going through such hardship and look at us who are healthy and Allah has kept us away from all type of diseases. Why can't be bow down in sajood to the One who has bestowed such health unto us.:cry:

This is a reminder of how forgetful we can become with the passage of time. A person acquires a job, gets married and, have children and the cycle starts and never ends and before long he/she has forgotten his/her Creater. Only when difficulty surround them in the shape of loosing job, death in the family or some personal ailment, LO and BEHOLD we are supplicating to Allah.:ooh:

[100. Surah Al-'Adiyat : Ayah 6-7]

"Most surely man is ungrateful to his Lord. And most surely he is a witness of that."
Yes, no doubt. The heart is always telling us that we are on the wrong path which is displeasing to the Lord but we intend to follow it due to stubborness and whisphering of the Satan. This is how we are becoming witnesses to our own sins and wrongdoings. May Allah forgive us our short comings and save us all muslameen and musleemaat from the fitnah of the masih dajjal. Aameen:ermm:

Abdul-Raouf
01-02-2011, 04:56 PM
***Reminder ***

Flame of Hope
02-17-2011, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Indeed, how true! :( Jazakallahu khairan for this reminder brother. I am in truth most ungrateful to my Lord. Istaghfirullah!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.