/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israel uses World Cup 2006 as cover for atrocities

sonz
06-26-2006, 12:02 PM
With media and people’s attention now majorly focusing on the World cup matches, Israel is seizing the chance to carry on with its crimes against Palestinian civilians in the occupied territories.

The Israeli government, always presented as the side exercising restraint in its conflict with the Palestinians, is using the World Cup matches, which caught the attention of everybody all over the globe, as a cover for killing as much Palestinians as possible, knowing that with the media busy covering the tournament's daily results, it would escape the blame for much of its crimes in the occupied territories.

Indeed. Tens of millions of people all over the world are busy watching the matches starting early morning hours, staying up to see late-night games, and forgetting about the Israeli crimes committed daily against the Palestinian civilians.

More than 20 Palestinian civilians, including children and women, have been killed by the Israeli murderers over the past two weeks, since the opening of the World cup 2006.

But nobody is paying any attention. Why? Is the World Cup tournament more important than the lost innocent lives in occupied Palestine?

Eight Palestinian civilians, including five family members, died and several others were wounded when Israel shelled a Gaza beach on June 9, claiming it’s “used by militants to fire rockets into Israel”.

Israel initially dismissed accusations it was behind the blast, but later on it admitted carrying out the attack after news reports uncovered that the military investigation it launched was “not credible”.

Shrapnel from an Israeli artillery shell was extracted from a young Palestinian who was wounded in the deadly Gaza beachfront explosion.

Citing medical sources whose findings contradicted Israel's official version of events that Gaza beach explosion was not caused by Israeli artillery, Channel 10 reported last week that a shrapnel was removed from a 12-year-old boy who was wounded in the beach attack on June 9.

U.S.-based Human Rights Watch (HRW), accused Israel on Thursday of conducting an incomplete probe into the crime to exonerate its troops.

"The Israel Defence Forces' (IDF) investigation of the Gaza beach explosion that killed eight Palestinian civilians and wounded dozens is incomplete because it excludes important evidence," HRW said.

The Israeli army “fired more than 80” 155mm shells in the area of the beach on the morning of June 9, Human Rights Watch said.

On June 13, another nine civilians were killed in another Israeli air raid.

Also three Palestinian children died Monday, June 19, by an Israeli missile.

The Israeli army claimed that the missiles fired by the IOF from Apache helicopters were aimed at cars ‘believed’ to be carrying “militants” who were allegedly preparing for rocket attack against Israel.

On July 21, two Palestinian civilians - a pregnant woman and her brother – died, and 13 other people were wounded, including children, after an Israeli missile hit their home in Khan Yunis in the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli human rights group Bt'selem issued a statement earlier this month slamming the Israeli government for the killing of 23 Palestinian civilians who didn’t take part in any “militant activity”.

The group said it had written to the army's judge advocate general demanding an investigation into the killings.

"The killing of innocent civilians with missiles fired during the day in the heart of crowded neighborhoods, as occurred in most of the cases cited, is not an 'unfortunate mistake' but a near-certain result," the group said.

But those crimes, which have roused international condemnation, seem to have caused no embarrassment for Israel.

Ignoring the international criticism over the atrocities it committed in Palestine, Israel bluntly stated it would continue air strikes until Palestinian factions stop firing rockets into its territory, in other words, until Palestinians end their resistance against the occupiers of their lands.

An air force officer was quoted on palestinechronicle.com as saying:

"We will continue these aerial attacks in response to Palestinian rocket attacks because this style of operation is preferable to ground incursions (in the Gaza Strip) or imprecise artillery fire".

Will the picture of Huda Ghalya- the 7-year old girl who lost her family during a beach picnic in Gaza- weeping over the body of her dead father, stay in the minds of people to remind them of Israel’s atrocities against Palestinians, or has the World Cup excitement overshadowed Palestinian suffering?!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
diverdown
06-26-2006, 08:41 PM
You make these stupid stories up, don't you, Sonz ? I see a lot of transparently bogus 'fairy tales' posted by this guy. And why is no Mod asking for a source ? +o(

S_87
06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by diverdown
You make these stupid stories up, don't you, Sonz ? I see a lot of transparently bogus 'fairy tales' posted by this guy. And why is no Mod asking for a source ? +o(
well the things that have happened im sure can be found on news sites?

diverdown
06-26-2006, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
well the things that have happened im sure can be found on news sites?

Post an 'article' ( I use that term loosely in this case), show a source. That is the rules. +o(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isaac
06-26-2006, 09:16 PM
stupid, to you, but not to those people who are affected by such terror. And by you saying something like tis is offenseive to those killed by this zionist disease, thats widespread throgh palestine. Wake up and smell the air around around you, you might be enlightend by was is on the other side of the fense.

diverdown
06-26-2006, 09:18 PM
The 'stories' are stupid and still un- sourced.

Trumble
06-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Is the author of that unsourced article seriously suggesting things would actually have been any different at all if the World Cup wasn't happening?

Complete rubbish.

seek.learn
06-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Salaam o alaikum,
Peace,

Whatever be. Fact is, rules state a source should be given. It'd be nicer if this was judged After a source was given.

Alaikum salaam
Peace

Kidman
06-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Here's the source:

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/rev...rvice_ID=11509

lavikor201
06-26-2006, 10:27 PM
I think Hamas is using the world cup to cover up the firing of Kassam Rockets into homes, and schools.

chacha_jalebi
06-26-2006, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
I think Hamas is using the world cup to cover up the firing of Kassam Rockets into homes, and schools.
hamas can do wot dey want its der country :D

n i tink dis is a coincidence thin lol, i dnt tink dey r plannin d attacks by purpose on d match days!

diverdown
06-26-2006, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201

BINGO !!

diverdown
06-26-2006, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
hamas can do wot dey want its der country :D

n i tink dis is a coincidence thin lol, i dnt tink dey r plannin d attacks by purpose on d match days!

Could you please stop using that annoying 'style' of writting ? It's bad enough to read the goofy things you write, but in that childish 'style', no one could possibly take you seriously.

chacha_jalebi
06-26-2006, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by diverdown
Could you please stop using that annoying 'style' of writting ? It's bad enough to read the goofy things you write, but in that childish 'style', no one could possibly take you seriously.
*yawns* dont take me seriously then :D

goofy things?? lol im not d 1 writing BINGO sort it out!! woo hoo :D

seek.learn
06-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Salaam,

JazakAllah brother Kidman.

Wassalaam

guyabano
06-27-2006, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman

oh, yes, suuuuure, the really true unbiased news ! Everybody believes, what they write ! suuuuuure !:rollseyes

sonz
06-27-2006, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
oh, yes, suuuuure, the really true unbiased news ! Everybody believes, what they write ! suuuuuure !:rollseyes
how many times do i have to tell people. if i dont add the source. then it is from aljazeera

and aljazeera is not biased. why dont u respond to the article instead of making nonproductive posts.

Kidman
06-27-2006, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Ha ha, ok buddy, Go watch Fox News then... they probably tell you everything you want to hear!

Isaac
06-27-2006, 03:29 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D Fox news might tell him something he dont know about himself. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Trumble
06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
how many times do i have to tell people. if i dont add the source. then it is from aljazeera
The point of providing a source is so that people can check it for themselves, together with the context in which the original piece appears... not just so they know who it was. An assumption is not good enough, and a full reference is required (in the case of an internet reference that means a link).

and aljazeera is not biased.
Of course they are! AlJazeera is biased, Fox News is biased, all news media is biased. All that varies is the direction, and the degree.

Kidman
06-27-2006, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble

Of course they are! AlJazeera is biased, Fox News is biased, all news media is biased. All that varies is the direction, and the degree.
True that... because people in general are biased. So you have to gather the info yourself and see what you believe to be true or not.

Kidman

KAding
06-27-2006, 06:20 PM
I have to say that I generally think Aljazeera.net is quite reliable. Aljazeera.com seems like a propaganda site though. It appears they aren't related at all either, it can be confusing. I mean, half-arsed claims about Mossad being responsible for the killing of ALL professors in Iraq. Come on! No proof was given at all either.

Aljazeera.com doesn't even attempt to seperate facts and opinion. All professional news organizations should at least attempt to seperate news from opinion. For example, look at their main piece right now: "Plight of Iraqi women under the barbarous occupation".

Nablus
06-27-2006, 07:08 PM
is using the World Cup matches, which caught the attention of everybody all over the globe, as a cover for killing as much Palestinians as possible, knowing that with the media busy covering the tournament's daily results, it would escape the blame for much of its crimes in the occupied territories.

Hasbuna Allah wanema al -wakeel

guyabano
07-09-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't watch either Al Jaseera, neither Fox News. Why do muslims automatically think, if you are not with them, so you must be against them.
Hmmm, remembers me somehow G.W. Bush !

For me, this thread is simply absurd, as some even might pretend, the World Cup every four years is just organized to cover the massacre of palestinians. And what else? THe FIFA is just a branch of the CIA?

oiboy
07-09-2006, 09:17 AM
What do you think about the conflict?

Is it justified to invade the Gaza Strip to __________(insert logical explaination here)?

What is the point in sending in troops and cutting off supplies there?

Couldn't they operate a rescue mission rather than a destroy mission?? Isn't their objective to get the soldier back??

Trumble
07-09-2006, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by oiboy
Couldn't they operate a rescue mission rather than a destroy mission?? Isn't their objective to get the soldier back??
They can only carry out a rescue mission if they know where he is. They don't, otherwise such a mission would have already taken place.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.