/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Ill Effects of Television

Protected_Diamond
06-26-2006, 01:26 PM
The Ill Effects of Television

Abu Mohammed Abdur-Rauf Shakir
Published by Message of Islaam

In the name of Allâh the Beneficiary, the Merciful, all praise is due to Allâh. We seek his aid and ask him for guidance and ask his forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allâh from the evil of ourselves and our wicked actions.

Whoever Allâh guides, none can send astray and whoever Allâh sends astray, none can guide. We testify that there is no God but Allâh alone and that He has no partner, and I testify that Muhammed is His servant and messenger. May Allâh bless him, his family and his companions.

We ask Allâh, the Most High, to accept our efforts, overlook our shortcomings and cover us all with his mercy in this world and in the next.

Muharram 1417 AH

CONTENTS

1. Introduction
  2. The Definition of Television
  3. The Working of Television
  4. The Image
  5. Picture-Making - the Mother of Television
  6. Music and Television
  7. The Female Voice
  8. Serials, Romances and Stories on Television
  9. Nudity, Immorality and Television
  10. Television as an Agent of Zinâ' (Fornication)
  11. TV in Stride - Terror of Copy Rapes
  12. Television and Crime in General
  13. Television Encourages Acceptance of Aggression
  14. Television Encourages Imitation of Crime
  15. The Brainwashing Action of Television
  16. Television Stunts Intellectual Growth
  17. The Addictive Influence of Television
  18. Research on Television has Shown
  19. What They Say About Television
  20. Television and Time

Read the book on the link --> http://www.sunnahonline.com/library/...orary/0001.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Hmm-really important thread uv started sis-so many condemn stuff going on in the world out there but are unaware of the thing right beneath our noses in our own houses!
there's also an urdu article called ''hepatitis Cable''

Eddi
07-15-2006, 12:47 PM
:sl: It is a sad fact that so many people (especially modern muslims) sit for hours in front of the TV.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya1
Hmm-really important thread uv started sis-so many condemn stuff going on in the world out there but are unaware of the thing right beneath our noses in our own houses!
there's also an urdu article called ''hepatitis Cable''
i condemn it all :rant: and im spreadin like wildfire, got quite a lot of my cousins to stop ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
07-16-2006, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eddi
:sl: It is a sad fact that so many people (especially modern muslims) sit for hours in front of the TV.
Or in front of the Internet, for that matter.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2006, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
agreed :hiding:

------
07-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Luk hus talking :rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2006, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Agreed ;D

Muezzin
07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
My point exactly.

It annoys me when people complain of the 'evils of television' on the Internet, a place where all those evils and more are present. The Internet is potentially a much more 'evil' place than a late-night Channel 5 sleazathon, but people seem to conveniently forget this when they go on one of their online anti-television rants.

Skillganon
07-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Well, it is not internet or T.V is unit. It is just those content that are unislamic. For example will you say this LI forum is evil as it is paart of the ineternet. The thing is we can't chuck our p.c away or stay away from t.v but can educate our youth better in the deen so they will stay away from them. All this content that one call's evil is readily available everywhere.

Muezzin
07-18-2006, 05:41 PM
I agree with that approach, Skillganon. I just wish more people subscribed to it, rather than saying 'astagfirullah, you have a television, you are going to hell!'

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree with that approach, Skillganon. I just wish more people subscribed to it, rather than saying 'astagfirullah, you have a television, you are going to hell!'
LOL WHO SAYS THAT?

Ummah
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
My point exactly.

It annoys me when people complain of the 'evils of television' on the Internet, a place where all those evils and more are present. The Internet is potentially a much more 'evil' place than a late-night Channel 5 sleazathon, but people seem to conveniently forget this when they go on one of their online anti-television rants.
format_quote Originally Posted by SkillGanon
Well, it is not internet or T.V is unit. It is just those content that are unislamic. For example will you say this LI forum is evil as it is paart of the ineternet. The thing is we can't chuck our p.c away or stay away from t.v but can educate our youth better in the deen so they will stay away from them. All this content that one call's evil is readily available everywhere.
Asalaamualaikum

well said..

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 03:37 AM
I think certain channels and shows are bad, but there are many educational benefits to television. For example, HGTV, PBS, Discovery Channel, and so forth are there mainly for education.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 10:53 AM
recently i been gettin hooked onto those animal shows lol, its interesting how the storks mug other fishes :eek:

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I am pretty much in love with Animal Planet myself...well I would have always been except I never had cable growing up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.