/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to boycott zoos.

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Asalamulaikum

I want to boycott zoos because I feel so sorry for the animals which are also Allah swts creatures who are locked up in cages in an unatural environment where ppl stare at them.

I especialy feel sorry for monkeys/elephants etc because they literaly go mad.

I think its so unfair on these poor animals that have been taken out of their natural surroundings to be put in a cage so that ppl can stare at them. The poor animals shud be left in their own environment which is more natural for them, where the food they eat is near to hand n they are free from the barriers that are put before them.

Ive seen some disturbing things that monkeys have done due to them going crazy inside a cage.

We are going to be answerable for these poor animals on the day of judgement. We shud treat animals just the same as humans. Let them free!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-26-2006, 03:06 PM
I can see your point.

But on the other hand you have to remember that zoos maintain genepools, and that some species would be extinct if it wasn't for zoos.
The are also often involved in research, and try to reintroduce animals back into the wild.

So not everything zoos do and stand for is bad!

Peace.

Taqiyah
06-26-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I can see your point.

But on the other hand you have to remember that zoos maintain genepools, and that some species would be extinct if it wasn't for zoos.
The are also often involved in research, and try to reintroduce animals back into the wild.

Peace.

I kinda agree with u Glo...:) Animals are being fed,treated in zoos and I don't think there is any harm being done to them......:? and not all the animals are caged some of them r put in wildlife habitats which are open lands.....and not so small.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I think it depends on the situation.
W'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Daffodil
06-26-2006, 03:16 PM
im talkin about zoos not animal safaris n things where theyre in theyre natural habitat n in open surroundings.

Taqiyah
06-26-2006, 03:28 PM
oooooooops! Ok my bad!!

strider
06-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Even the zoos, many of the areas where the animals are kept are an immitation of what their natural habitat is like. Having said that, i do feel sorry for the way some of the lions are kept. They have nothing to do but pace up and down.

Woodrow
06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Sadly the word Zoo is too broad of a word. Some Zoo's are very fine facilities that treat and protect the wildlife for both the sake of the wildlife and to please and educate people.

Other things called Zoo's are mere Animal exhibits with no goal except to extract a profit from visitors who come out of morbid curiosity and not in search of knowledge or actual enjoyment of Allah's(swt) creatures. Those should be banned as they are a disgrace and a mistreatment of Allah's(swt) creations.

amirah_87
06-26-2006, 06:17 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

I think that most animals are better off in zoo's we're they get looked after treated if they're sick given medicine and etc
..and not once have i heard of animals being abused in public zoo's (if you guys have then plz fill me in !).

i guess it is better for them to live in the wild but...............:?

ok...talkin' about the caging situation .. you know how the chickens come in cages....and then they're slaughtered and boxed away.....
are you gonna boycott that too and all the animals who come in this way!

just a suggestion...plz don't bite my head off guys :hiding: .....LOL!

wa alaykum ass salaam ppl

SirZubair
06-26-2006, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
For $US150,you can buy the "SirZubair super personal protection against extremists",so if interested,PM me. :giggling:

..just joking,put the daggers away.

wa'salaam

piXie
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

I think that most animals are better off in zoo's we're they get looked after treated if they're sick given medicine and etc
..and not once have i heard of animals being abused in public zoo's (if you guys have then plz fill me in !).

ok...talkin' about the caging situation .. you know how the chickens come in cages....and then they're slaughtered and boxed away.....

:sl:

lol...nah.. only really stressed caged animals bite heads off :p

i really hate the idea of caged animals.cant bear to see som1 trapped.. have u ever seen the caged lions? i went to this zoo once and they had some lions in a cage... they looked ill and miserable....i couldnt help thinking thts poor trapped simba....they had no space to run..thts kinda cruel

thts like torture. compared to the wild animals many of the zoo animals look deprived. some animals u can keep in zoos and they can live happily eg monkeys. but bigger animals, such as lions, need space to run, and hunt.
safari parks are still abit better.

i agree tht zoos arnt all bad...but they shud just keep a limit to the kinds of animals they bring in...somtimes they go a little too far and display wild animals for human entertainment.animals tht dont really adjust to zoos

do u kno how KFC treats ther chickens....? i heard tht they cram loads of live chickens into a small space to the extent tht many chickens break their legs and beaks...and then they um, was it electrify them or something :?

cant remember properly but it was somthing horrible. so basically wen they sell ther 'finger lickin gud' chicken to th public its a stressed dead chicken +o(

keeping horses is ok...and camels....som animals u can keep...but lions? bears? keeping them is cruel....and selfish....just like cruela devil

Nablus
06-26-2006, 07:23 PM
sure

its unfair to strict thier movements in a cage

REPSTER
06-26-2006, 07:26 PM

Thats true sis i feel the same way too.:brother:
Animals should not be treated badly,the only way to stop these cruelties +o(from happening is from bying organic.

Animals are a part of ths would they should be treated with care.:thumbs_up

Muezzin
06-26-2006, 07:27 PM
This is the only 'zoo' I'd boycott:

And not for the animals' sake, I might add.

Captivity is bad. However, there are some good points to zoos - for instance, children can learn much more about animals. I mean, I was a little city kid who'd never even seen a donkey in real life. Imagine my awe when I saw a tiger! Holy smokes!

On the other hand, popularity in zoos is declining, or so I've read.

Pk_#2
06-26-2006, 08:17 PM
HAR HAR^^

in a way i think we should, cause of the whole caging, and us being responsible for it in a way..

buh then again, i'm scared of tigers dun want them loose..

AsalamuAlaykum.

aamirsaab
06-26-2006, 09:28 PM
I want to boycott zoos.
LOL. I think by that statement you are refering to illegaly caged animals, i.e. weird freaks who go round stealing all the tigers and lockin them up in a cage and then steal their teeth. Or something weird like that.

A zoo is probably the best place for animals as they are treated well and looked after. Man, them animals got all the luxury. I wish I lived in a zoo...

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
For $US150,you can buy the "SirZubair super personal protection against extremists",so if interested,PM me.
Is that the voice activated one?

:p.

Pk_#2
06-26-2006, 09:30 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

You wished you lived in a zoo? Are you stupid? then again you are promoting Marmite...

zoo'z are ok, cruelty to animal aint...

not all zoos are horrible and most of the time animals look happy :)

WalaykumSalaam.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2006, 09:34 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

:salamext:

AgreeD! :thumbs_up and i think i'll leave ur head unbitten as its doing its job ;D

look at these dudes:

^ looks like a happy lil family to me!

PS: Why do penguins remind me so much of the mafia?

:wasalamex

aamirsaab
06-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Yawn.
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
AsalamuAlaykum,

You wished you lived in a zoo? Are you stupid? then again you are promoting Marmite...
My sarcasm seems to have perplexed you. Puzzling isn't it?
As for the "promotion of marmite" it's actually symbolic to me and my posts - either you love it or hate it - like marmite.

Pk_#2
06-26-2006, 09:38 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

seriously duno Abd'Majid...

went zoo a week ago they all looked happy in there cages, they wern't restricted to space, and some of the students got to feed them, i'm guessing they don't go hungry either, inshaAllah.

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Yawn.

My sarcasm seems to have perplexed you. Puzzling isn't it?
As for the "promotion of marmite" it's actually symbolic to me and my posts - either you love it or hate it - like marmite.
Perplexed? come again...

Symbolic eh...that's cool!

AsalamuAlaykum.

piXie
06-26-2006, 09:45 PM

loads of animals can be happy in a zoo...BUT

th king of th jungle prefers th jungle....and tigers and bears dont like living in zoos and have nosey humans goggling at them. :p they find tht quite sad

:sister:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2006, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'isha

loads of animals can be happy in a zoo...BUT

th king of th jungle prefers th jungle....and tigers and bears dont like living in zoos and have nosey humans goggling at them. :p they find tht quite sad

ye right i bet they love all the attention! Once i faked throwin my bro at a lion, he (the lion) got so happy ;D ;D i couldnt stop laughing ;D, my brother on the other hand fainted :)

Pk_#2
06-26-2006, 09:55 PM
[S]not funny.....[/S]

Dangerous children

piXie
06-26-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

ye right i bet they love all the attention! Once i faked throwin my bro at a lion, he (the lion) got so happy ;D ;D i couldnt stop laughing ;D, my brother on the other hand fainted :)

ur soooo mean! and no they dont enjoy th attention.u can see them frowning. once a lion let out a little roar in frustration...and it shook his head exasperated....they dont like humans goggling at them:p...nor do they like boys tht throw ther brothers at them:X...they prefer being in th wild....were they can chase at will...any1 they want...and make em scream

Pk_#2
06-26-2006, 10:28 PM
I don't think they always keep an eye on animals, that worries me, cause when i went this dude was throwing stones at them, and it was well sad, all dat just to take a flipping pic, now that reminds me off the pic i took accidently of the monkeys butt.

piXie
06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
I don't think they always keep an eye on animals, that worries me, cause when i went this dude was throwing stones at them, and it was well sad, all dat just to take a flipping pic, now that reminds me off the pic i took accidently of the monkeys butt.
see wat i mean? taking pictures of monkeys butts without their permission
tut tut im sure th monkey minded :p

next time som1 throws stones at th animals, look left.... and then right.... and quickly trip them over...hard :sister:

chacha_jalebi
06-26-2006, 10:56 PM
in london zoo, d tigers r mental lol dey keep walkin up n down

but d ova animals looked kool cos i forced d sheep 2 eat d hay lol :p

but ya its true, they r best in d wild, imagine we woz locked up!! like in the hadiths it says "treat others how you wanna be treated" :D :D :D

piXie
06-26-2006, 11:26 PM

urself.

ther, i finished th sentence for u

and yes its true. we wouldnt like it if we got locked in a cage and made to goggle at like in a zoo.

so we shudnt do it to th poor tigers and lions and bears. they mind

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'isha

urself.

ther, i finished th sentence for u

and yes its true. we wouldnt like it if we got locked in a cage and made to goggle at like in a zoo.

so we shudnt do it to th poor tigers and lions and bears. they mind

:w:

Im pretty sure you wouldnt like to be chopped up, fried and eaten either, so should we stop doin that to the cows and sheeps? :p ;D ;D ;D

jk lol, but animals are like gifts from Allah man!! such beautiful signs!! :D

lolwatever
06-27-2006, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

I want to boycott zoos because I feel so sorry for the animals which are also Allah swts creatures who are locked up in cages in an unatural environment where ppl stare at them.

I especialy feel sorry for monkeys/elephants etc because they literaly go mad.

I think its so unfair on these poor animals that have been taken out of their natural surroundings to be put in a cage so that ppl can stare at them. The poor animals shud be left in their own environment which is more natural for them, where the food they eat is near to hand n they are free from the barriers that are put before them.

Ive seen some disturbing things that monkeys have done due to them going crazy inside a cage.

We are going to be answerable for these poor animals on the day of judgement. We shud treat animals just the same as humans. Let them free!
last time i been to a zoo was 13 years ago lol but i never really looked at it that way.. i guess it depends on how they're treated? all comes down to the story of the woman and the cat..

salamz

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-27-2006, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Sadly the word Zoo is too broad of a word. Some Zoo's are very fine facilities that treat and protect the wildlife for both the sake of the wildlife and to please and educate people.

Other things called Zoo's are mere Animal exhibits with no goal except to extract a profit from visitors who come out of morbid curiosity and not in search of knowledge or actual enjoyment of Allah's(swt) creatures. Those should be banned as they are a disgrace and a mistreatment of Allah's(swt) creations.
I totally agree.
W'salaam

muzna
06-27-2006, 09:46 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

dont believe in zoos either..maybe those animals that were saved from extinction because of zoos were meant to die out...its a jungle out there...survival of the fittest..

SirZubair
06-28-2006, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
dont believe in zoos either...
Well,...they do exist! i can prove it !

REPSTER
06-28-2006, 08:29 PM

wats wrong wiv da zoos man ? they cool. :shade:

we get to see da monkeys and da oldest sheep. and th reptile house is d coolest :D

but yeah d animals dont find it very comfortable in der little cubby holes.

we shud elp them be free. like in a safari park. th zoos ova here r still bit better. but some zoos dont kno how to keep da animals. and th animals look fed up and dey pace bac an forth in ther cubby holes...only stoppin to give u a look as if to say
'wat u starin at dude'
an den they shrug and start pacin again....and they give u anothr expression which clearly looks like theyr saying 'u cant help me...my life is here'
so wat do we do ? nofin....so da animal is right :-\

but they r doin somthin now...ppl r makin safari parks...dey r still better :brother:

snakelegs
06-28-2006, 09:00 PM
some have made the point that the animals would be better left in the wild.
everyday we are destroying habitat - so zoos are becoming more important.
and as glo said - they have good captive breeding programs.
san diego zoo is pretty decent. they also have a separate "wild animal park".
i was given a tour of behind the scenes at the reptile house and it was fascinating. they have a whole lot of breeding projects underway and even "behind the scenes", the animals were kept and treated well.
of course, if we destroy all their habitat, i'm not sure what good it would do to have some survivors of extinct animals in cages.
not a cheerful thought!
but i agree - some zoos are shameful.

Hijrah
06-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Zoos are most definitely forbidden in Islam...A creature that prays devoutly to ALLAH in a cage for no reason...astaghfirullah

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Zoos are most definitely forbidden in Islam...A creature that prays devoutly to ALLAH in a cage for no reason...astaghfirullah

really brother? Its true... i "THINK" theres daleel which supports that we be kinds to animals aswell... hmm, u might b right. What about safari's? Are they ok?

Far7an
06-30-2006, 09:24 AM

Some Zoo's treat their animals better than some parents treat their children.

Keyword: Some.

------
06-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Tru akhee........very tru.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

Some Zoo's treat their animals better than some parents treat their children.

Keyword: Some.
LOL!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOL!!!!

this might be true *still ;D* lol

Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, some parents treat there kids like donkeys [MAD]silly![/MAD]

I used bro's key word :D some!!

Ummah
06-30-2006, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I can see your point.

Peace.
Asalaamualaikum

i was pretty much going to say all that Glo said, so i agree with Glo.

Hijrah
06-30-2006, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

really brother? Its true... i "THINK" theres daleel which supports that we be kinds to animals aswell... hmm, u might b right. What about safari's? Are they ok?

wouldn't safaris be in the same category

Muezzin
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I'd boycott this sucker:

How would he like being that croc?

'Crikey' indeed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.