/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umm Haram (I think spelled wrong)

furyX721
06-26-2006, 10:45 PM
:sl:
My uncle, who went to Kuwait, he told me that there is a Masjid over there that has a floating stone. The story I heard goes like this: Umm Haram (spelled wrong I think) was fighting in a war (I can't remembe which one, and I think it was during the time of the Prophet (SAW)), so, She fell of a mule and died. They burried her over there, and some kafirs came and started to mess around with her grave. Then Allah (SWT) sent 2 stones, around 12 ton each I think, from Egypt to her grave to scare off the kafirs. Today, only one of those stone is floating above the grave. They made that place into a Masjid.

My uncle said that he saw that, they have a curtain around it. He also said that they put little support under it incase it falls. He also took pictures of it and sent it to me, but it wasn't pics of the whole stone for the stone is too big to fit in the camera's resolution. I lost those pics because I had to format my PC :( (Now, some of you are probably thinking, "O, what kind of excuse is that, he had to format his PC so he can't show us the pics!, Yea rite, I don't believe him) I'm not lying, this really did happen. I had a virus problem that my antivirus couldn't fix for somereason. It kept bothering me, so i dug deep into my heart and formatted.

Is this true? Is there really a floating stone above her grave?

O, and I remember that she was a aunt of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) I think.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
umm haraam (ra) is RasoolAllah (saw) aunty, and i think she fell of d horse in cyprus not kuwait!! durin a war in Hadhrat Uthman (ra) time, but yesh d stone thin is true, ppl say its a meteorite lol i dunno, Allah (swt) knows best!!!

furyX721
06-26-2006, 10:53 PM
YES YES, its cyprus. I'm sorry, I couldn't remember the name Cyprus, and my uncle also went to kuwait, and i thought that it was kuwait.
How can I show people proof of that?

chacha_jalebi
06-26-2006, 10:58 PM
erm ..... lol i tink its called "hala" summin summin lik dat, i remem a turk matey of mine showin off bout it 2 me lol :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
furyX721
06-26-2006, 11:29 PM
i tink its called "hala" summin summin lik dat
yea I heard of that. I think the full name is Hala Sultan Tikki. Don't know if spelled right.

Rabbiyah
06-26-2006, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by furyX721
My uncle, who went to Kuwait, he told me that there is a Masjid over there that has a floating stone. The story I heard goes like this: Umm Haram (spelled wrong I think) was fighting in a war (I can't remembe which one, and I think it was during the time of the Prophet (SAW)), so, She fell of a mule and died. They burried her over there, and some kafirs came and started to mess around with her grave. Then Allah (SWT) sent 2 stones, around 12 ton each I think, from Egypt to her grave to scare off the kafirs. Today, only one of those stone is floating above the grave. They made that place into a Masjid.

My uncle said that he saw that, they have a curtain around it. He also said that they put little support under it incase it falls. He also took pictures of it and sent it to me, but it wasn't pics of the whole stone for the stone is too big to fit in the camera's resolution. I lost those pics because I had to format my PC :( (Now, some of you are probably thinking, "O, what kind of excuse is that, he had to format his PC so he can't show us the pics!, Yea rite, I don't believe him) I'm not lying, this really did happen. I had a virus problem that my antivirus couldn't fix for somereason. It kept bothering me, so i dug deep into my heart and formatted.

Is this true? Is there really a floating stone above her grave?

O, and I remember that she was a aunt of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) I think.
i never heard the story b4 but it sounds true cuz i recently read something about it is haram to build a masjid over a grave and I always wondered why was a masjid called haram and now I know because it's build over a grave which is haram

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-26-2006, 11:41 PM

Is the grave inside the masjid?

:w:

furyX721
06-26-2006, 11:49 PM
i never heard the story b4 but it sounds true cuz i recently read something about it is haram to build a masjid over a grave and I always wondered why was a masjid called haram and now I know because it's build over a grave which is haram
Do you mean "haram" like a sin haram or do u mean haram as a name? I think that the masjid is also called haram(the name, not too sure)

Is the grave inside the masjid?
Um, I think so, becaues I remember my uncle told me that he had to take his shoes off to go inside the masjid, and he took pictures over there. So I think it is inside the masjid. He also said that they are trying to keep this a secret for some reason. I don't know who "they" are, it could be the government or something.

Arwa
06-26-2006, 11:51 PM

Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to visit Umm Haram bint Milhan and Umm Haram was the wife of 'Ubadah bin Al-Samit. One day the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) paid her a visit. She entertained him with food and then sat down to rub his head. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) dozed off and when he woke up (after a while), he was laughing. She asked: What makes you laugh, Messenger of Allah? He said: Some people from my Ummah were presented to me who were fighters in the way of Allah and were sailing in this sea. (Gliding smoothly on the water), they appeared to be kings or like kings (sitting) on thrones (the narrator has a doubt about the actual expression used by the Holy Prophet). She said: Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that He may include me among these warriors. He prayed for her. Then he placed his head (down) and dozed off (again). He woke up laughing as before. (She said) I said: Messenger of Allah, what makes you laugh? He replied: A people from my Ummah were presented to me. They were fighters in Allah's way. (He described them in the same words as he had described the first warriors). She said: Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that He may include me among these warriors. He said: You are among the first ones. Umm Haram bint Milhan sailed in the sea in the time of Mu'awiah. When she came out of the sea and (was going to mount a riding animal) she fell down and died.
http://hadith.al-islam.com/bayan/Dis...ng=eng&ID=1108

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.