/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Rudest Country in the world

Selising
06-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Malaysia has been selected as the 3rd rudest country in the world. Do you agree?

Have you ever been in Malaysia? What do you think? Is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bittersteel
06-27-2006, 07:26 AM
its true ,they hate Bengalis like hell.

Tilmeez
06-27-2006, 07:38 AM
^ i don't think so, Though never have been there :\

lolwatever
06-27-2006, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising
Malaysia has been selected as the 3rd rudest country in the world. Do you agree?

WHATTTTT?!?!?!?! HOWWW?!?!? where's the evidence??

MANN malaysian bros/sis's are teh sweetest people i've come across!!! very similar to the indos man..

unless they're referring to teh chinese malay? -whom i dont know much about, btu they seem to take a good share of the population-

I'M IN SHOCKSS no wayy according to what standards are tehy teh rduest??? what? because Mahatir Muhammad gave a hiding to the media and political leaders? :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended:

Unless they're talking abotu a malaysia from some other galaxy, i think i know enough to say they're wonderful people in general.. i have alottt of malaysian n indo friends from uni and they rock mashalah... and when i was living in another state, the malay kids use to always dropover to our house adn they where sooooo down to earth mashalah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Selising
06-27-2006, 07:53 AM
The survey was conducted by Readers Digest. I heard they took 900+ samples. 25 countries was in the list, know what? Mumbai is the rudest and New York is the best cuty in the world according to the study.

Hearsay, I haven't read the article and not sure in which edition

lolwatever
06-27-2006, 07:55 AM
salamz
lol i'd be veeeery interested to see this report...

Non the less we have alot to catchup in everything, we're sinking in everything... but i'd like to think Malaysians/Indo's are generally the best behaved in general lol.
ws

Sis786
06-27-2006, 08:08 AM
I Bet Pakistan Was First ;D

I wouldnt be offended as the Readers of Digest are a load of oldies that join to get the free camera soo its all good.

lolwatever
06-27-2006, 08:09 AM
she said mumbai was, innit that in india?

north_malaysian
06-27-2006, 08:19 AM
It's not Malaysia, but Kuala Lumpur. As a Malaysian, it's not shocking at all. Yeap, KL people can be realllllyy rude! But Penangites are even more rude.

lolwatever
06-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Edit

Anonymous.92
06-27-2006, 08:31 AM
You shouldn't be talking about this. It could offend some people and it is not a good habit to generalize categories of people.

------
06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Erm...as far as i knew england/america is the rudest....:rollseyes

north_malaysian
06-27-2006, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
You shouldn't be talking about this. It could offend some people and it is not a good habit to generalize categories of people.
I'm not offended! It's the truth! Just try driving on our roads - YOU WILL REALIZE IT!!

Selising
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
North_Malaysian is a Malaysian, so do I. So, I would like to know what outsiders think about us. What Emir said is very true. 50 years ago, people loves Bangladeshi, everybody wants to give their girl to be married by a Bangladeshi, now most people hate Bangladeshi and Indonesian.

People forgot their origin. Last time they were very poor. When they become rich, they hate the poor, not knowing the poor might be richer one day. They might be poor in this world, but may be not in the day after.

I had an Indonesian bf when I were young. My parents didn't approve it even thou he read Quran perfectly. He is not educated and he work as a labour. I had a diploma and was doing my degree. My hubby did not finish his secondary education, but he is a hafeez. My parents approve him bcoz I was 28 when I want to marry him, he is a Malaysian and he was born in KL. Malaysian respects town people.

Anonymous.92
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm just saying some other people might be offended. And I am sure Malaysians are very sweet people. No need for anyone to call them rude.

north_malaysian
06-27-2006, 09:06 AM
North_Malaysian is a Malaysian, so do I. So, I would like to know what outsiders think about us. What Emir said is very true. 50 years ago, people loves Bangladeshi, everybody wants to give their girl to be married by a Bangladeshi, now most people hate Bangladeshi and Indonesian.

People forgot their origin. Last time they were very poor. When they become rich, they hate the poor, not knowing the poor might be richer one day. They might be poor in this world, but may be not in the day after.

I had an Indonesian bf when I were young. My parents didn't approve it even thou he read Quran perfectly. He is not educated and he work as a labour. I had a diploma and was doing my degree. My hubby did not finish his secondary education, but he is a hafeez. My parents approve him bcoz I was 28 when I want to marry him, he is a Malaysian and he was born in KL. Malaysian respects town people.
I am feeling the same.. 20 years ago I can guarantee u people that Malaysian Muslims are the nicest people in the world, but now it's getting fading...and fading.

I'm not going to pretend saying that Malaysians are nice just because I'm a Malaysian. The truth is the truth...

Why?

1) 99.99% of Malaysian road users are rude!
2) Anti-immigrant Malaysians are on the rise, thanks to Malaysian medias.
3) Now we have neo nazis among Malays too.
4) It's hard to hear somebody saying 'Assalamualaikum', 'thank you'
5) Malaysian version of f**k, bulls**t, bast*rd kinda words are usual to be heard on the street.
6) Too many conmen and hypocrites.

5 years ago, 10 Malay youth came and robbed my friend (a Malay too), they've took his mobile and wallet. Then they kicked him and hit him with big wooden stick. This happen on 1.00 PM in Central Market (when there are like hundreds of people there) and NOBODY...I repeat...NOBODY help him. He was hospitalized for a couple of days.

north_malaysian
06-27-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm just saying some other people might be offended. And I am sure Malaysians are very sweet people. No need for anyone to call them rude.
Unfortunately, those sweet people are getting lesser and lesser and lesser.

north_malaysian
06-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Up to date I'm the only saying that we Malaysians are indeed rude people.

Muslim Knight
06-27-2006, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I have quite a few Malaysian friends, they are actually quite friendly! But can't generalise :p
I'm a Malaysian! But the only person I wanna diss with here is Alpha Dude. Heh heh.. :p

SirZubair
06-27-2006, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
I Bet Pakistan Was First ;D

I wouldnt be offended as the Readers of Digest are a load of oldies that join to get the free camera soo its all good.
LOL! :giggling:

format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
she said mumbai was, innit that in india?
OH NO! im in trouble,thats where my fiance-to-be is! :heated:

SirZubair
06-27-2006, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I'm a Malaysian! But the only person I wanna diss with here is Alpha Dude. Heh heh.. :p
Wont dare diss me because he knows i'll make him cry .... ;D

------
06-27-2006, 10:18 AM
There really is no point of this thread as it is merely just insults.

SirZubair
06-27-2006, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
;D So where do you think Kiwi's fall in the list of rudest? :?
We're the friendlist people around :rollseyes

Muslim Knight
06-27-2006, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Wont dare diss me because he knows i'll make him cry .... ;D
Don't be rude. I'll smack you up. We Malaysians are capable of being rude.

SirZubair
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Don't be rude. I'll smack you up. We Malaysians are capable of being rude.
Try me buddy ;D :P

Muslim Knight
06-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Rahhh raahh rah!!! @#%#$^%$&^#&$^#!!!

See?? Toldjaa

SirZubair
06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Rahhh raahh rah!!! @#%#$^%$&^#&$^#!!!

See?? Toldjaa

Excellent

Now i can report you to the Mods :p

(...like i'd do that to you bro ! never :p )

Muslim Knight
06-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey where my other Malaysian brethrens! I need reinforcements! Summon up the rude-o-bot! We'll show these foreigners how we deal with Banglas and Indons in our country. (J/K) ;D;D

Nawal89
06-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I was in KL like two years ago..those people are so rude. I'm half malaysian..adn yes i admit malaysians are rude. Not all...maybe in the cities.

Mawaddah
06-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey where my other Malaysian brethrens! I need reinforcements! Summon up the rude-o-bot! We'll show these foreigners how we deal with Banglas and Indons in our country. (J/K)
Oh Subhanallah I feel soooooooooo sorry for the Indons in Malaysia, I think they are treated worse than the Banglas right? and the way the Malays DISS those people its just terrible. Like if someone has an Indo friend/spouse they will always critisize them.

I consider myself Malay also since my mom is Malay and I was born there, but I didnt' grow up there and only spent my holidays there....but a few years back I spent a few years in Malaysia and I got a shock!! I had always thought that Malays were these nice sweet caring people......but no!! Not anymore at least.
Maybe you can find the nice people in the kampung....but even that is so rare these days.....And if in the villages it's so rude, imagine in the cities!! it's terrible I tell you.
And those Malays drive like they want to kill every other person on the road besides them ;D. I'm living in the Bahamas now and I can say that the Bahamians are a 100 times more polite than Malaysians these days and it's so sad because Bahamians are not even Muslim :(
Over here everyone you see on the road will smile at you and tell you good day and ask you how are you doing ....even though they dont know you, and they are soooooo polite on the road.

And another thing about most Malays is that they love to 'jaga tepi kain orang' like how they call it and Oh Subhanallah.......I have never seen another people who can diss and pick a person to bits with their insults, it's almost funny the way they talk, but of course the person who is being insulted doesn't find it funny ;D

But............I still think that 3rd most rude country is a bit too high :X I'm sure there are ruder people out there.................Malays still have their nice points!!! At least I hope I'm not rude........

syilla
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM
i'm not offended too...

but i think we're nice people...and quite humble.

hehe...(i think the only way is to talk good about ourselves...)hehe..

Abdulwaheed
06-27-2006, 02:12 PM
i dont know many malaysians. The few that i know are very nice and polite people. similar to indonesians

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-27-2006, 02:34 PM

MANN malaysian bros/sis's are teh sweetest people i've come across!!!
I agree. Every Malaysian i've come across happens to be a very nice person.
W'salaam

amirah_87
06-27-2006, 02:34 PM
omg ...malaysians nooooooooo ...they're by far not rude!!!...i've never met a rude maalysian in my life and i've met quite alof of them!!..they're all nice and bubbly and welcomin' ...very polite......
rude malay's naaaah , there are probabaly one or two individuals that are, but to call them the third rudest in the world ............:?:?

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-27-2006, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Malays still have their nice points!!! At least I hope I'm not rude........
Puleez! You're the rudest person on this forum!;D
I'm joking sis... you just might be the sweetest.;)
W'salaam

Mawaddah
06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Puleez! You're the rudest person on this forum!;D
I'm joking sis... you just might be the sweetest.;)
W'salaam
Aww sis that's too nice of you to say :-[

What is kinda funny about this topic is that all the Malays are saying that Malays are rude........but the non Malays are saying that they are not!! Whats up with that?? ;D

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Lol..... eh..... what do Malays know!;D
Joking!:lol:

Ridani
06-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Salam

I don't believe these things. Every country has it's rude people, but also the nice ones as well. And lets face it it's readers digest, they're not exactly some great mag who does proper testing, I think only ones that answer are those that think will win money in sweepstakes.

Anyways I think all countries have the good and the bad. Mind you I know a lot of malays (my dh is a malay as well) (not so much any malaysian chinese etc that I've ever met) and mostly they're all lovely people, or maybe they're all nice when they change visit countries.

PS malaysians don't know how to drive nicely, might explain the unbelievably high death toll they get.

syilla
06-28-2006, 02:10 AM
hehe....u r right...driving in Malaysia....requires not only skills but also resoluteness.

Abdulwaheed
06-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Its not just malaysia that has the driving problem. Try driving in nigeria. If you are a inexperienced driver, you will be stuck on one spot for a very very long tym

ishkabab
06-28-2006, 02:17 AM

MANN malaysian bros/sis's are teh sweetest people i've come across!!! very similar to the indos man..

unless they're referring to teh chinese malay? -whom i dont know much about, btu they seem to take a good share of the population-

I'M IN SHOCKSS no wayy according to what standards are tehy teh rduest??? what? because Mahatir Muhammad gave a hiding to the media and political leaders? :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended: :offended:

Unless they're talking abotu a malaysia from some other galaxy, i think i know enough to say they're wonderful people in general.. i have alottt of malaysian n indo friends from uni and they rock mashalah... and when i was living in another state, the malay kids use to always dropover to our house adn they where sooooo down to earth mashalah.
same here i say thir very sweet mashAllah....i cant speak for all of them but the ones i know are very nice..:)

Dhulqarnaeen
06-28-2006, 03:34 AM
Hey where my other Malaysian brethrens! I need reinforcements! Summon up the rude-o-bot! We'll show these foreigners how we deal with Banglas and Indons in our country. (J/K) ;D;D
:sl:
bro...Im an Indonesian alhamdulillah. And we never say something like you said (arrogantly) :? . And we always treat malaysian and other people from the other countries well masha Allah. Especially malaysian, we loved how to hear the way they talk, its just soft and sounds good to indonesians ears. And we always treat them well, whoooooever from Malaysia. Isnt that ironic bro? Since we know that many indon treated or accused not right in there?and You thought youre better than Indo my bro but you just like showing your self arrogant, memangnye ape yang antum lakukan kepada budak-budak indon tuu? I want to know what you mean when you said that you want to show foreigners how to deal with banglas and Indons huh?
Bukankah ini berarti you just like membuka your own mask in front of everybody that malay (in your thought) isnt that as good as you think! :rant: And maybe the banglas and Indon didnt do something that you did above? You talked as if theyre the enemy. Isnt that mean that maybe theyre better than you? wallahu yahdeek. I just hate the way you talked, and its so so not islamic. Karena orang yang paling dekat kepada Allah adalah orang yang bertaqwa, and tak ada bedanye orang tuuu malayker? Indon ker? Banglas ker? And we have to know taht eeeeeeeeeeeeeverybody that come to negara kite, that means mereka terikat perjanjian damai dengan the government, and its wajeeeeeebbbb for us to protect them, althought theyre non muslim. Non muslims ajee harus di lindungi, apelagi nii orang-orang muslim sendiri? Dan kehormatan seorang muslim TINGGI di hadapan Allah, menyakiti perasaan mereka adalah kezoliman dan membunuhnya adalah kekafiran. YOU bro should know THIS :brother: . Please consider your words again since I knew that alot of malaysians not like you. I know them as a good people and very polite, just like Indon. But still I admit that there will always be good and bad people everywhere masha Allah. Its sunatullah I think. But yang ingin ana tegaskan disini adalah, ILMU AGAMA lah yang membedakan characters seseorang no matter where they come from. Quran said "Hal yastawilladhina ya'lamuuna walladhina laa ya'lamuun". Samakah orang yang mengetahui dengan orang yang tidak mengetahui? Dan sebaik-baik ilmu agama adalah yang sesuai dengan al Qur'an dan As Sunnah sesuai pemahaman para sahabat salafus salih, no doubt about it Wallahi. Ana harap ini dapat menjadi pelajaran yang baik insha Allah. :brother:

OOH YES, INFORMATION FOR YOU ALL MUSLIMS.
THERE WILL COME OUR SCHOLARS OF ISLAM, ULAMA FROM SAUDI ARABIA.
ON 16 JULY, THERE WILL COME SYAIKH ABDULMUHSIN AL ABBAD (Syaikhs Muqbils teacher, syaikh Rabi's teacher), SYAIKH IBRAHIM AR RUHAILY AND SYAIKH SULAIMAN. PLACED IN MASJID ISTIQLAL IN JAKARTA. (ITS THE BIGGEST MOSQUE IN SOUTH EAST ASIA)
AND ON 10 JULY, THERE WILL COME SYAIKH ABDULLAH AL MANI'
AND JUST TWO DAYS AGO SYAIKH SALIH AL BIDIER (IMAM OF MASJID NABAWI) JUST VISITED INDONESIA. ALHAMDULILLAH.
SO IF YOU HAVE TIME, THEN YOU SHOULD COME AND TAKE THE KNOWLEDGES. INSHA ALLAH MANFAAT

Abdullah4ever
06-28-2006, 03:50 AM

Hmm.. suprising , guess who is the worlds rudest city..New York lol and toronto is 3rd

Woodrow
06-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Keep in mind a poll or survey can only measure what the poll or survey is designed to measure, and the target audience has to be a true representation of the population to be measured. There are a few factors we do not know here;

What was the target audience for the Poll/Survey?

What was the criteria to define rudeness?

Specifically, what were the determining factors in the conclusion?

I think the only way a person could measure an intangible concept would be for the person to have lived under all possible conditions. Then it would still only be the opinion of that person.

north_malaysian
06-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Yes, I do feel ashamed being called as the 3rd rudest people in the world. But unfortunately it's a fact.

But since the media have been running this 'theme' for 2 weeks. Malaysians are getting courteous, perhaps..

north_malaysian
06-28-2006, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
hehe....u r right...driving in Malaysia....requires not only skills but also resoluteness.
You have to be rude to drive in Malaysia, because nobody thanks you for your courteous driving skills.

north_malaysian
06-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Aww sis that's too nice of you to say :-[

What is kinda funny about this topic is that all the Malays are saying that Malays are rude........but the non Malays are saying that they are not!! Whats up with that?? ;D
We need to speak the truth. Alhamdulillah, the government and the public are aware of this, hoping some drastic changes from Malaysians.

north_malaysian
06-28-2006, 07:46 AM
i'm not offended too...

but i think we're nice people...and quite humble.

hehe...(i think the only way is to talk good about ourselves...)hehe..
yeah.. if you go to 'ulu kampungs' (remote villages)

north_malaysian
06-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Malaysians treat the immigrants like slaves.

Furthermore foreign workers are classified into two:

1) Immigrant - for those from Asian nation.
2) Expatriate - for those who came from Middle East, Europe, Americas, Australasia.

There are not many Africans in Malaysia, I dont know where should they be classified?

Expatriate and foreign tourists are treated like kings. Immigrants are treated like slaves.

MK - I think the word 'Bangla' and 'Indon' are derogatories. Not good. We should call them as Bangladeshis and Indonesians.

We should call all of them expatriate.

They built our KLCC, KL Tower, Penang Bridge, KLIA - they should be given credits for building our nations.

If there are no immigrants, who will build those buildings?
If there are no immigrants, who will take care our small kids?
If there are no immigrants, who will do the manual jobs.

Malaysians, please be very welcoming to the non-Malaysians who sacrificed lots of things just to make we Malaysians happy and comfortable.

Asyur an-Nagi
06-28-2006, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Malaysians treat the immigrants like slaves.

Furthermore foreign workers are classified into two:

1) Immigrant - for those from Asian nation.
2) Expatriate - for those who came from Middle East, Europe, Americas, Australasia.

There are not many Africans in Malaysia, I dont know where should they be classified?

Expatriate and foreign tourists are treated like kings. Immigrants are treated like slaves.

MK - I think the word 'Bangla' and 'Indon' are derogatories. Not good. We should call them as Bangladeshis and Indonesians.

We should call all of them expatriate.

They built our KLCC, KL Tower, Penang Bridge, KLIA - they should be given credits for building our nations.

If there are no immigrants, who will build those buildings?
If there are no immigrants, who will take care our small kids?
If there are no immigrants, who will do the manual jobs.

Malaysians, please be very welcoming to the non-Malaysians who sacrificed lots of things just to make we Malaysians happy and comfortable.
i frequently go to malaysia (i have friends and relative in cheras). i enjoy roti canai, teh tarik, and reading their cartoon magazine. and my malaysian slang is not so bad since i enjoy talking in malay. mostly they are nice people. i love everything about it. but speaking of how they treat Indonesian workers, it's painful-- a profound pain that i hardly forget. i read one issue in gila-gila magazine, and they clearly classified indonesian just as 'orang gaji', in the cover and the material inside. i am still keeping the copy, to remind me how mean a jokes about my nation could be.

Musaafirah
06-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Come off it, is that true? Really? people wanted their girls to be married to Bangladeshis? I am unable to get my head round this (Don't worry am a Bengali, so hopefully I'm not offending anyone.) As for Malaysians being rude, the few Malaysians I HAVE met, were really nice people Masha'allah!
:w:

syilla
06-29-2006, 04:54 AM
Yes, I do feel ashamed being called as the 3rd rudest people in the world. But unfortunately it's a fact.

But since the media have been running this 'theme' for 2 weeks. Malaysians are getting courteous, perhaps..
yeah u r right...i ride lrt last weekend...surprisingly everyone seems so nice. They keep giving seats to me...wow... Before i have to stand up all the way from klcc to kelana jaya (the last station).

We should welcome this type of criticism...so that we should make courteous as a habit...no matter how bad your mood is.

I think i'm quite thankful with the readers digest.

north_malaysian
06-29-2006, 04:56 AM
yeah u r right...i ride lrt last weekend...surprisingly everyone seems so nice. They keep giving seats to me...wow... Before i have to stand up all the way from klcc to kelana jaya (the last station).

We should welcome this type of criticism...so that we should make courteous as a habit...no matter how bad your mood is.

I think i'm quite thankful with the readers digest.
Yes, I agree with ya!!!

smile
06-29-2006, 06:55 PM
I'd like 2 go to Malaysia sumtime sumday sumhow

SalafiFemaleJih
06-30-2006, 06:05 AM
I can only say the survey is messed up.

I've met atleast a dozen malaysians in university, and tehy're the mossssst modest, most humble people ever!!

akulion
06-30-2006, 06:14 AM
surveys like this are useless and baseless

how can 6 billions people be judged by 900 ?

lol ridiclous

Plus for this survey to be accurate u would have to take the opinion of ALL the people in the ENTIRE world who have been to Malaysia ... otherwise its just biased

Abdulwaheed
06-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Thats true. Besides every1 has different opinions depending on their experiences. i've had only good experiences with malaysians :)

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Ah well, I myself think that this survey is messed up because look at the questions they asked, you cant' judge the whole country just by that.

But as a Malaysian myself I have to say that it's pretty obvious that values there are deteriorating rapidly.

But on the whole I guess you could still say it's a quite polite nation. Allahu A'lam.

limitless
06-30-2006, 03:18 PM

I dont know if they're rude or not so I can't answer :) I've never came across one or personally know them through any relatives. But indian and pakistani are typically the most annoying, and rudest people I have come across many times, dialy, They are the number one people on my rudest list and very annoying. No offense to anyone here, but they are really rude, impolite, and very annoying I am speaking from first hand experience. Malaysian muslims can't be that bad as pakistani and indian from what I can say.

Selising
07-03-2006, 09:42 AM
OK guys, since most of us think that, the survey made by RD somewhat does not represent the actual opinion of people on this earth, what if L1 conduct a survey something like which nation is the best. Put let say 10 criterias.

How do we conduct this survey? May be the moderator can help. For the nation we can put as England Paki, US Paki, Pakistani, Malaysian Chinese, Malaysian Malay etc.

When a survey being conducted among Muslims I'm sure the muslims will win, but, let see.......

The Ruler
07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
its true ,they hate Bengalis like hell.
how did u kno :? :?.....n besides....i think dey r quite nyc to bengalis...n i think malaysia is a peaceful country altho i v neva been der....but one of my frends dad wrks der....so...

Nawal89
07-03-2006, 12:39 PM
I heard that Mumbai (sp) got the first rudest city in the world? anyone heard this? I was trying to compare it to KL and thought how can anyone get any ruder? Do they spit at each other?

hasib
07-04-2006, 07:32 AM

New York is pretty rude but all of usa I cannot say.. California was polite!

syilla
07-04-2006, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
I'd like 2 go to Malaysia sumtime sumday sumhow
you'll InsyaAllah...

i'll make dua for you.
:sister:

Ghazi
07-04-2006, 03:39 PM

How can a 'Country' be rude? it boils down to specific 'Adab' in people their location has nothing to do with it.

T@z@belle
12-29-2006, 07:46 PM

oh COME ON....really malaysians i mean new yorkers should be first.Malaysians are nice...but denn again you got dis info from an care-home pensioner mag so that really just proves my point.

Ismahaan
12-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Rudest nations in the world: America, France, Denmark and Italy in my opinion

DAWUD_adnan
12-29-2006, 07:55 PM
ow yeah , id like to go to malaysia ... one day .. one day...:laugh: :D

Muezzin
12-29-2006, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

I dont know if they're rude or not so I can't answer :) I've never came across one or personally know them through any relatives. But indian and pakistani are typically the most annoying, and rudest people I have come across many times, dialy, They are the number one people on my rudest list and very annoying. No offense to anyone here, but they are really rude, impolite, and very annoying I am speaking from first hand experience. Malaysian muslims can't be that bad as pakistani and indian from what I can say.

Hell, I'm a Paki and I agree with ya!

As for denizens of Kuala Lumpur - I couldn't say as I've never been there.

netprince
12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
The uni i studied at had a very large Malaysian contingent. I never found them to be rude in the slightest. I had a few malay friends while at uni, and again they werent rude people, they were hard working and good people.

Malaysia should be praised for being one of the few 'muslim' countries that is actively trying to educate its people and is making good economic progress.

Fishman
12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

Almost all the Muslims I have known have been Indo-Pakistani, and I must say that I disagree with you. They have all been very nice people, and have helped me greatly. Mind you, the non Indo-Pakistani Muslims I have met have been just as nice.
If these are the rudest people, I can't wait to meet everyone else! :D

snakelegs
12-29-2006, 08:18 PM
well judging by the malaysians on this forum - i think they're cool.
americans and israelis are often said to be the rudest people in the world.

Woodrow
12-29-2006, 08:37 PM
I do not know many Malaysians on a personal basis, but the ones I have known were very friendly and extremely polite.

I think a perception as to who is rude and who is is based on the culture which we our selves come from.

In America you almost have to set it by state as there is no true national cultural. A Hawaiin is not like a Texan, a Texan is not like a New Yorker. etc. The natives of each state have their own distinct culturals. It is like we are 50 seperate countries. a person coming to America is going to have a different impression depending on where they go.

I am quite certain that is how it is in Malaysia. A new yorker would probably find the people in Kaula Lumpar to be friendly, but would not like the people in Penang.

umm-sulaim
12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
wow i'm really shocked!! I've never seen a rude malay...except for maw ;D kiddin mon! Honestly though, seems a bit over the top, and then to generalise hhmm, not fair me thinks.

wassalaam

ruhi
12-29-2006, 09:02 PM
rudest? i thought malaysians are the most polite and religious people......anyway Allah knows best about them. but just curious why do they hate bengalis or even indonesians?

snakelegs
12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I do not know many Malaysians on a personal basis, but the ones I have known were very friendly and extremely polite.

I think a perception as to who is rude and who is is based on the culture which we our selves come from.

In America you almost have to set it by state as there is no true national cultural. A Hawaiin is not like a Texan, a Texan is not like a New Yorker. etc. The natives of each state have their own distinct culturals. It is like we are 50 seperate countries. a person coming to America is going to have a different impression depending on where they go.

I am quite certain that is how it is in Malaysia. A new yorker would probably find the people in Kaula Lumpar to be friendly, but would not like the people in Penang.
yes, this is quite true.

glo
12-29-2006, 09:21 PM
This seems a strange survey.
I would love to see what criteria they applied, because what different people consider to be rude or polite depends on their cultural bias.

Is there a link for this survey anywhere?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2006, 09:25 PM
"New York" is the best...get real...so many haters here +o( lol.
Actually i wouldnt know even tho im from here, but theres a share of em everywhere. you cant say who is more rude. like glo said, "personal bias." im not aware of any malaysians, but the ones on here r cool :) so0o0 yea lol

snakelegs
12-29-2006, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
This seems a strange survey.
I would love to see what criteria they applied, because what different people consider to be rude or polite depends on their cultural bias.

Is there a link for this survey anywhere?
it was from the readers' digest, which i don't regard as terribly credible about anything.

snakelegs
12-29-2006, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
"New York" is the best...get real...so many haters here +o( lol.
Actually i wouldnt know even tho im from here, but theres a share of em everywhere. you cant say who is more rude. like glo said, "personal bias." im not aware of any malaysians, but the ones on here r cool :) so0o0 yea lol
tayyaba,
are they still crazy in new york? i haven't been there for decades but when i was a kid, i would skip school and go there and stare at all the nutty people (= plenty of free entertainment). i have never seen as many crazy people anywhere else but new york. i also enjoyed hanging out at the docks and dreaming....

Woodrow
12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
it was from the readers' digest, which i don't regard as terribly credible about anything.
You dare doubt the Readers Digest !!!!!!!!!!!

That is so....so....so........anti something.

The fact is a survey can only get an opinion on what it was written for and than the reliability is dependent on the skill of the question writer and the selection of the participant base.

Here we have immediate bias, the participant base was already flawed by being limited to Readers of the "Readers Digest". Then we have to know just were it was distributed to, that leads to further bias.

I believe the survey actualy just reflects the knowledge or lack of knowledge the participants had of various countries.

zanjabeela
12-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Wow, those survey results come as a shock to me. The one thing that always stands out in my mind about Malaysia is how downright friendly people were! I mean, there you would be waiting for the bus or train or even just wandering around KL....and inevitably someone would ask you "Where are you from? How are you liking Malaysia? Come home for dinner, please!" We would be like, you are inviting a total stranger home for dinner?! lol If that's rude, I am dying to know what polite and friendly is!

Ahhh, well....its the Reader's Digest....they are always good for a giggle...

Muslim Knight
12-30-2006, 12:11 AM
A friend had an accident on the highway last week. She hit the concrete divider. Her car overturned, lying on one side. There were many cars that morning. For 10 minutes nobody bothered pulling over to assist. For 10 minutes she was alone there, utterly helpless. After that she had to pull himself out of the car. That's Malaysians for you. We only like to watch people get into accidents.

Asyur an-Nagi
01-02-2007, 12:06 PM
A friend had an accident on the highway last week. She hit the concrete divider. Her car overturned, lying on one side. There were many cars that morning. For 10 minutes nobody bothered pulling over to assist. For 10 minutes she was alone there, utterly helpless. After that she had to pull himself out of the car. That's Malaysians for you. We only like to watch people get into accidents.
waaah!! so sad.

Maarya
01-02-2007, 12:08 PM
salam
i dnt know as i havent been there, bt my friend went there for her honeymoon and she said that its a really nice, friendly, inviting place.
wslm

Asyur an-Nagi
01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ruhi
rudest? i thought malaysians are the most polite and religious people......anyway Allah knows best about them. but just curious why do they hate bengalis or even indonesians?
i don't believe what people or magazine or survey say until i have my own chance to prove it myself. this far, malaysians (that i met) are a nice and polite people. i don't know. maybe it is a bias since my wife is malaysian.

Keltoi
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Claiming that any particular country or city is the "most rude" or "rudest" is akin to claiming that one city is more "pretty" than another one. It is all a matter of perceptions and personal taste. I come from the land of southern hospitality, and it is quite a shock when you leave here and travel to California or Michigan. That isn't to say those people are "rude", but simply not what I'm used to.

Woodrow
01-02-2007, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Claiming that any particular country or city is the "most rude" or "rudest" is akin to claiming that one city is more "pretty" than another one. It is all a matter of perceptions and personal taste. I come from the land of southern hospitality, and it is quite a shock when you leave here and travel to California or Michigan. That isn't to say those people are "rude", but simply not what I'm used to.
Very true. People in different areas do have different ways of expressing friendship and politeness. In my younger days I grew up in Connecticut and we often went to NYC for shopping. It was fairly close and really a good place to shop. Being a Connecticut Yankee at the time. I did not see the abrubtness as rudeness. I found the people to be very polite, just running at a faster pace.

Initially I found the South to be rude. Until I realized that it was the slow relaxed pace, I was seeing as lack of concern. Now being a Yankee washout and a Texan by choice. I find southerners and Texans to be very caring and very friendly.

Rudeness is a very biased term and it all depends on what you are exposed to, if you will see something as being Rude.

learningislam
01-08-2007, 11:58 AM
:salamext:

This thread seems quite scary. I agree that we should not be generalising things. I have never been to Malaysia....but i think there are good and bad people everywhere. Even within a country, some cities are considered to be rude.....but that doesnot apply to each and every person.

By the way, malay ppl , whom i know are not atall rude. I got some good malay tips from somebody and she is MashaAllah so friendly. (you know who you are :p )

:wasalamex

Woodrow
01-08-2007, 12:06 PM
By the way, malay ppl , whom i know are not atall rude. I got some good malay tips from somebody and she is MashaAllah so friendly. (you know who you are )
Agreed. If the typical Malaysian is half as polite and helpful as our Malaysian members here. Malaysia must be the most polit country on earth. I know a few people from Malaysia and I have found them all to be warm, polite and friendly.

We can not let a silly survey influence out thoughts about an entire people. Personal experience and contact is a much better guide.

Azhar786
01-08-2007, 12:17 PM
to be honest this thread is a waste of time thats in my opinion~! the reason been if u look around u in other muslim country its the same so why just vote on this1????

north_malaysian
01-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Last September, during the rush hour... I was driving in Seberang Jaya expressway .... all six lanes were packed with cars..... suddenly a motorcyclist who sped his motorbike rammed to the back of my car... (it's his fault anyway)... I went out the car to see the motorcyclist condition... there were teeth on the road, his face was bleeding ... and he could only say "I'm sorry, please call the Ambulance"... I called the ambulance... and waited for about 30 minutes until the ambulance came...

The saddest thing was that, NOBODY help us.... they just slow down their cars and look at us curiously ... but not helping..... i felt like being betrayed by the society.... my own society...:enough!:

Skillganon
01-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Malay the rudest people?

Seriousely I wouldn't have guessed.

There goes my holiday plan to malaysia (with it's profit from tourist.)

north_malaysian
01-09-2007, 05:27 AM
COUPLE REMANDED OVER DEATH OF FOUR-YEAR-OLD

PENANG: She was believed to have been repeatedly hit on the head with a toilet brush and scalded with hot water whenever she was "naughty" or a bit noisy when playing with her toys.

The four-year-old succumbed to her injuries on the way to the Penang Hospital at 11.50am on sunday.

Balik Pulau OCPD Supt Mohd Hatta Mohd Zain said the uncle, a 30-year-old security guard, and his wife, 28, were arrested in connection with the incident, now being investigated as murder.

Supt Mohd Hatta added that the girl was brought to Penang from Pahang by the childless couple stay with them about two-and-a-half months ago.

A post mortem by forensic pathologist Datuk Dr Buphinder Singh yesterday showed that the girl died of swelling of the brain caused by blunt trauma.

Her parents, who rushed from Kuantan, claimed the body from the mortuary after the post-mortem.

They refused to speak to reporters when approached.

Source: The Star, 09.01.2007, page N25.

Skillganon
01-09-2007, 05:33 AM
This kind of abuse, is disconcerting. Their is so many similar case here in britain.

north_malaysian
01-09-2007, 05:36 AM
MAN FACES CHARGE OF MURDER

CASE INVOLVES EIGHT-MONTH OLD BABY

SUNGAI PETANI: A 24-year-old poultry seller has been charges at a magistrate's court here with the murder of eight-month old Muhammad Airell Hazim Azahar at his home on Jan 3.

Ahmad Hafiz Ahmad Kamal was represented by counsel G. Ravishankar.

Ahmad Hafiz's baby-sitter wife Siti Fitrah Yusoff, 22, who was remanded with him, has been released on police bond.

Magistrate Ainy Suhaila Yunus fixed Feb 8 for Deputy Public Prosecutor Suraya Haranay to make an application to transfer the case to Alor Star High Court.

The accused and his wife were detained at their home in Taman Puteri Jaya here after he took Muhammad Airell to Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital at 11.30pm the same day.

The baby's mother, Zariyanah Idris, 30, a staff nurse at the hospital, had sent her son to the couple's house before reporting for her night shift duty at 9pm the same night.

Zariyanah and her husband L/Kpl Azahar Hsnan, 34, from Bandar Mutiara, who have another son, six-year-old Mohd Aiman Haikal, did not attend the court proceedings.

Source: The Star, 09.01.2007, page N25

mohammed farah
01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Italy came in as the country with the best cuisine (no shock, just there two months ago, and it has gotten even better)

Germany came in as second rudest country (slight shock, cause Germans were always very kind to me)

Spain was considered the country most wanted to live in, but they were considered almost as rude as France.

United States has the worst food (as in bread and beer, for starters)

The UK has the undistinguished reputation as being so bland that they were not rated.

skhalid
01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Just because it has been voted to be the 3rd rudest country in the world...it doesn't particulatly mean that all the people within it are rude!!!
Sorz dats de best way I could say that...hope I dn't offend anyone...I aint being rude here...just stating a fact dats all..:rollseyes

Mawaddah
01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
COUPLE REMANDED OVER DEATH OF FOUR-YEAR-OLD

Source: The Star, 09.01.2007, page N25.
MAN FACES CHARGE OF MURDER

CASE INVOLVES EIGHT-MONTH OLD BABY

Source: The Star, 09.01.2007, page N25

Those wouldn't be considered as bad manners. That's just murder.

netprince
01-09-2007, 08:32 PM
We have people who are sick in the head everywhere, cases such as the ones highlighted above happen everywhere.

We cant judge a whole nation based on the actions of a few.

I still say Malaysians are generally very good people :)

north_malaysian
01-11-2007, 04:49 AM
Those wouldn't be considered as bad manners. That's just murder.
I mean... why bother to take care others children ... if they have no good parenting skills... which resulted in killing those poor kids...

there are lots of this things happened nowadays.. and the crime rates are getting frightening.... yesterday they just detained someone who posessed a hand grenade....

and 4 Malaysian troops injured in bomb blast in Malaysian-Thai border.... do they (the insurgents) really want to bring the war into our country...

crayon
02-06-2008, 10:25 AM
When I visited Malaysia everyone was great. Everyone was always smiling, they were helpful, and just really nice and friendly.

This thread actually really surprised me. From my personal experience, malaysians are awesome.

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
i voted nice.. but thats only bcuz the ppl i kno HERE that are from malaysia

krypton6
02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I have NO idea! But how on earth can it be the third!

The way I see it, its more like:

Holland
America
Denmark
England
France
Sweden
Norway

(and the list goes on , but all are western)

Fishman
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
I have NO idea! But how on earth can it be the third!

The way I see it, its more like:

Holland
America
Denmark
England
France
Sweden
Norway

(and the list goes on , but all are western)
I am offended by this. Nobody in the west tries to be rude to somebody they don't know unless they are some sort of prejudiced bigot, or a general idiot...

Moon*Light
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM

I don't know never met a Malaysian, but I'm shocked I always hear nice things about Malaysia usually involves tourism though.

crayon
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I am offended by this. Nobody in the west tries to be rude to somebody they don't know unless they are some sort of prejudiced bigot, or a general idiot...
No one anywhere tries to be rude to someone they don't know unless they're complete jerks.
Questions like these depend purely on a person's personal experience. You meet one Dutch person who is rude to you, you make a sweeping generalization that all Dutch people are rude.

north_malaysian
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
OMG... this thread is still here....

Since Reader's Digest concluded that Kuala Lumpur is the 3rd rudest city in the world. Many Malaysians and non-Malaysians protested it. Whether it's true or not.... nowadays Malaysians are getting more polite... thanks to Reader's digest.

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
^ yes see thats my proof of malaysians being nice.lol

Fishman
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
No one anywhere tries to be rude to someone they don't know unless they're complete jerks.
Questions like these depend purely on a person's personal experience. You meet one Dutch person who is rude to you, you make a sweeping generalization that all Dutch people are rude.
Agree. It is just annoying when somebody who doesn't like the west much for political reasons goes and imposes his dislikes on the people. The Israeli government are scumbags, but I bet the average Joe (or Cohen, in the case of Israel) is quite a nice person.

I do think that different cultures have different standards of what is polite and what is rude, with different ways of expressing themselves, but yes, nobody except jerks try to be rude to strangers.

crayon
02-06-2008, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Agree. It is just annoying when somebody who doesn't like the west much for political reasons goes and imposes his dislikes on the people.
Yup, but it always happens, people seem to have trouble separating the government from the people. Doesn't make it right, of course. It goes both ways, though. You get this kind of thing from both the west and the east, unfortunately.

MaiCarInMtl
02-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I can't quite answer the poll because I only know one Malaysian person. He's very nice but I highly doubt he's a Muslim (he's gay).

Amazing food though!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.