/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam in Textbooks.

Nabil-Munsif
06-27-2006, 03:24 PM
The topic is to discuss the truth and errors we find on Social Studies books on Islam, I found several that are disagreeable by many, and not Islamic laws. This post isn’t only on errors on textbooks about Islam, also Buddhism.

P.S. Let's not go :offtopic:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
06-27-2006, 07:00 PM
:sl:

I remember our social studies book said the qiblah was changed just because the Jews in Madeenah didn't accept Islam. :-\

Everything else was right. I think. It was 7th grade though, so I can't really remember. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-27-2006, 07:08 PM
:salamext:

our one said that women walk 7 steps behind the men!! LOL!! whats wiv 7? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?

:wasalamex

sister ayan
06-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Well mine was really all wrong, I was shocked when they said that people were froced to be muslims, and then later it said they did'nt force Islam on the Jews and Christains.:heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nabil-Munsif
06-28-2006, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister ayan
Well mine was really all wrong, I was shocked when they said that people were froced to be muslims, and then later it said they did'nt force Islam on the Jews and Christains.:heated:
Same here, the words were sifting with the pages, ^o)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.