/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how 666 came about?

al-fateh
06-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know how 666 came about?

is it in the old or new testament?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
iLL_LeaT
06-27-2006, 05:36 PM
It is the sum of the squares of the first seven prime numbers.:p

REPSTER
06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
:sl:

I heard some gy sayin it was some kind of code that satan used or it is some kind of free masson symbol.(I heard):brother:

:w:

al-fateh
06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
yeah.....not funny

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al-fateh
i know it has to deal with satan

but how did it come about?

iLL_LeaT
Revelation 13:18

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

iLL_LeaT
06-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Vicarius Filii Dei (Latin: Representative of the Son of God)

V – 5
I – 1
C – 100
A
R
I – 1
U – 5 (note that the Romans rendered U as V)
S

F
I – 1
L – 50
I – 1
I – 1

D – 500
E
I – 1

TOTAL – 666

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarius_Filii_Dei

LOL:giggling:

Could the mark if the beast mean the “Representative of the Son of God”

Are the Catholics the antichrist?

Woodrow
06-27-2006, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iLL_LeaT
It is the sum of the squares of the first seven prime numbers.:p
I had never noticed that before !!!!!!!

Now returning to Topic. The number comes from the New Testement, it is in the book of Revelations by John.

All of revelations is very abstract and to many people is confusing.

The best explanation I heard is that Revelations was written for early Christians while Nero was Emporer of Rome. The Romans were persecuting the Christians relentlessly. Revelations was written as a coded message to warn the Christians. The Book was written in Greek and the Numbers 666 written in Greek formed the Roman acronym for Nero, to let the people know who the book was about. That is how it was explained to me.

al-fateh
06-27-2006, 05:53 PM
good question

------
06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Do Muslims believe in this?

al-fateh
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Do Muslims believe in this?
no not really

we dont belive in such things

but it seems like a great issue that christians hold to

iLL_LeaT
06-27-2006, 06:10 PM
The numeric equivalents of Hebrew letters can be found in the Encyclopedia Britannica under "Languages of the World", Table 50.

ROMIITH
means the Roman Kingdom
R = 200 resh
O = 6 waw (vav)
M = 40 mem
I = 10 yod
I = 10 yod
TH = 400 taw
--------------

ROMITI
means the Roman Man
R = 200 resh
O = 6 waw (vav)
M = 40 mem
I = 10 yod
T = 400 taw
I = 10 yod
----------

The antichrist may have been the Romans. This would make since because the Romans had control over most of the world when Revelations was written

Woodrow
06-27-2006, 06:19 PM
If memory serves me right, using what was just posted:

ROMITI
means the Roman Man
R = 200 resh
O = 6 waw (vav)
M = 40 mem
I = 10 yod
T = 400 taw
I = 10 yod
----------

Romiti was the Aronym used for Nero and that was how the Greek 666 came to stand for Nero.

Makes sense tho. At the time of the Writing, Rome was the biggest enemy to Christianity and Nero was in power.

------
06-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh come on! Thats like saying Bismillah is 786 - Utter nonsense!

*noor
06-27-2006, 06:23 PM
assalaamu 3alaykum

but this 666 stuff is just made up...correct me if i'm wrong

iLL_LeaT
06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Romiti was the Aronym used for Nero and that was how the Greek 666 came to stand for Nero.
Yes, I have heard that too, but I can’t find anywhere that states that.

iLL_LeaT
06-27-2006, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
assalaamu 3alaykum

Even if it is made up, I did mean something to the Christians when Revelations was written, so it does have some significance in history.

*noor
06-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Even if it is made up, I did mean something to the Christians when Revelations was written, so it does have some significance in history.
it may have significance to some people but just because something may have significance it doesnt mean it has real meaning and truth behind it.

iLL_LeaT
06-27-2006, 06:36 PM
it may have significance to some people but just because something may have significance it doesnt mean it has real meaning and truth behind it.
I guess it depends on how you define truth.

If finding truth has nothing to do with this world, just religiously, I guess you are right (or not, depending on what religion the reader is).

If you look at it as historically, then the mark of the beast holds truth for this world.

Fishman
06-27-2006, 06:36 PM
:sl:
On the sixth of the sixth 2006 everyone in my school except the Christians and the Muslims (and possibly other people) kept saying that the world was going to end! This logic is completely flawed, because the number isn't a date. It's kinda like the 'KFR' written on the Dajjal's head.

It's useless for Christians to try to prove that a person or organisation is the Antichrist using 666, because you can use equally bad logic to disprove the Trinity:
1 (representing the Godhead) divided by 3 equals 0.333

0.333 multipied by two (representing the disputed members of the trinity) equals 0.666

Don't use this argument in a debate, I was just highlighting how silly all this 666 stuff is. I also found a parody website trying to prove that David Haselhoff is the Antichrist, using the same method that Christian numerologists use!
:w:

Woodrow
06-27-2006, 06:38 PM
assalaamu 3alaykum

Nope it is in the New Testement in the Book of Revelations. The wording is something like "And the number of the Beast shall be 666"

*noor
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I guess it depends on how you define truth.

If finding truth has nothing to do with this world, just religiously, I guess you are right (or not, depending on what religion the reader is).

If you look at it as historically, then the mark of the beast holds truth for this world.
if that's the way you see it.....we each decide how we want to see things......this is your way......fine with me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!