/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hamas 'implicitly accepts Israel' !

Trumble
06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Explicitily would be better, but regardless, could this be the start of real progress at last?

Palestinian militant group Hamas has agreed to a document backing a two-state solution to the conflict with Israel, officials say.

The initiative, devised by Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails, implicitly recognises the Jewish state.

Palestinian officials said the agreement would be unveiled later on Tuesday by Prime Minister Ismail Haniya of Hamas and President Mahmoud Abbas, of the rival Fatah faction.

"We can announce that we have agreed on the document," Rawhi Fattouh, an aide to Mr Abbas, said. "We can say that all the barriers have been removed."

"We agreed on all the points of the prisoners' initiative," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri was quoted by AFP as saying.

BBC.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nablus
06-27-2006, 07:11 PM
they will not forget

impossible

catmando
06-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Palestinians will have to accept Israel because the Israelis have nowhere else to go. Otherwise it is perpetual hatred, warfare and terrorism.

In America, different religions have learned to get along. Islam and Judaism need to find common ground(so to speak).

wilberhum
06-27-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't understand, I wish you were right but what I see is:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/
Hamas negotiators say that their deal with Palestinian rivals Fatah does not mean recognition of Israel.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
06-27-2006, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I don't understand, I wish you were right but what I see is:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/
Hamas negotiators say that their deal with Palestinian rivals Fatah does not mean recognition of Israel.

Seems like the story was changed after I linked to it,

However, Hamas negotiators have denied earlier reports that the deal meant the militants would implicitly recognise Israel - a major policy shift.
Pity.

afriend
06-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Well...This is a starting point atleast, alhamdulillah!

Ghazi
06-27-2006, 09:41 PM
:sl:

Man why can't Isreal just back-off their own Greed is causing this bloodshed.

afriend
06-27-2006, 09:42 PM
(extreme alert)

Anyways.......America is aiding Isreal huhely, enough to get out of occupied land and move into other places.....Instead of hijacking land....

wilberhum
06-27-2006, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Seems like the story was changed after I linked to it,
Pity.
Truely sad. I have little doubt that my great grand children will be hearing about this conflict in the Current News. For both, peace is the second choice.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-27-2006, 10:35 PM
:salamext:

but the israeli's will try to claim palestine is the problem. Or i wud say PEACE ALL THE WAY!!!

:wasalamex

wilberhum
06-27-2006, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
:salamext:

but the israeli's will try to claim palestine is the problem. Or i wud say PEACE ALL THE WAY!!!

:wasalamex
And visa virsa.
I don't side with either. I just state that neither want peace first.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.