/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christians converting Muslims to Christianity

Bittersteel
06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.islamworld.net/tanseer.htm

I think evangelizement should stop.for Ilsam and all religions and the methods used by the Christians sicken.Muslims are not better off either.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
06-28-2006, 04:12 AM
Salaam,

For me it is simple we know the turth and should we instill in our children the faith and nderstanding of worshipping only Allah then all lies are clear.

The actions of the Christian in that article are pretty sad,for they sending more and more to hell.

Say not Man is Allah or Allah has children...

A sin a great sin,but assuredly,satan has sworn that he will try to mislead us ....

But keep the faith,in the end those who beleive in Allah wins..

Panatella
06-28-2006, 04:24 AM
I know a man from Morrocco who was a muslim but now is not. He is a real nice guy that gets along well with everybody. He says he grew tired of the hatred and paranoia that his family felt towards those that were not muslim. He says it just didn't feel right.
He told me that each day he goes for a walk. And on these walks he often sees two different gentlemen that are muslim. They used to smile and chat with him when they saw him coming. He said that eventually it came up in conversation that he no longer is a muslim, and they don't speak to him any longer.
For now he does not follow any religion. I don't know if that will change.

chitownmuslim
06-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Asalamu Alaikum,
Its just sad to hear that Muslims are converting to other religions. I think its the responsibility of wealthier Muslim countries (Saudi, Kuwait, UAE, etc) to send Muslim da'wah people to counter this. Im pretty sure that these countries have enough money to send smart and knowledgeable people to poor countries to re-educate them about Islam, this way less people will convert to other religions...

La Hawla wala Quwwata Ila Billah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
khushnood
06-28-2006, 05:38 AM
Yeah, these xian missionaries r resorting 2 very cheap tactics.Somebody told me dat these missionaries go 2 very poor muslims in slums,offer dem some food, but b4 giving dem d food , they ask dem 2 say''ALLAH give me food''&when they say so, d missionaries take d food back. then they ask dem 2say''GOD give us food''&only then do they give them d food:thumbs_do .And d moral 4 d poor hungry people is''Since god gave u food &not Allah,so u will follow d religion of god[christianity]&not d religion of Allah[islam]''.:offended: :offended:

Panatella
06-28-2006, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khushnood
Yeah, these xian missionaries r resorting 2 very cheap tactics.Somebody told me dat these missionaries go 2 very poor muslims in slums,offer dem some food, but b4 giving dem d food , they ask dem 2 say''ALLAH give me food''&when they say so, d missionaries take d food back. then they ask dem 2say''GOD give us food''&only then do they give them d food:thumbs_do .And d moral 4 d poor hungry people is''Since god gave u food &not Allah,so u will follow d religion of god[christianity]&not d religion of Allah[islam]''.:offended: :offended:
You heard wrong sister. This an old lie that has been recycled and regurgitated many times. The intent of the myth of course is religious propaganda to make christianity look bad. It simply does not happen. Aid groups feed people regardless of the victims religion, period.

Remember that slander is a sin. To say things such as this about any aid group that is helping hungry people only hurts their efforts. They rely on donations. If you cause distrust with your words donations will fall. If donations fall, you're words then have resulted in continuing the hunger, and perhaps the death of poor people in the world. Be very careful before criticizing those that are helping others.

Ghazi
06-28-2006, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
You heard wrong sister. This an old lie that has been recycled and regurgitated many times. The intent of the myth of course is religious propaganda to make christianity look bad. It simply does not happen. Aid groups feed people regardless of the victims religion, period.

Remember that slander is a sin. To say things such as this about any aid group that is helping hungry people only hurts their efforts. They rely on donations. If you cause distrust with your words donations will fall. If donations fall, you're words then have resulted in continuing the hunger, and perhaps the death of poor people in the world. Be very careful before criticizing those that are helping others.
:sl:

Who says it's a lie? not all do it but some do, and btw are you a muslim bro?

KAding
06-28-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't see the problem. Why wouldn't Christians be allowed to convert people? Surely, if someone finds Christianity more appealing he can become Christian. The whole "no compulsion in religion", no?

Ghazi
06-28-2006, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
I don't see the problem. Why wouldn't Christians be allowed to convert people? Surely, if someone finds Christianity more appealing he can become Christian. The whole "no compulsion in religion", no?

I could simply just use the whole "was islam spread by the sword" issue and apply here people in africa are dying cause of lack of food it's under hand tac-ticks be used thats the probelm.

HeiGou
06-28-2006, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
I could simply just use the whole "was islam spread by the sword" issue and apply here people in africa are dying cause of lack of food it's under hand tac-ticks be used thats the probelm.
And this has never been used by Muslims anywhere? The Gulf States have a whole lot of formerly Christian Kenyan runners. They were given large sums of money if they would convert and run for the Gulf States. What is wrong with that?

Bittersteel
06-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Kading its the methods they used.deceiving and cheating people.Heck even Sri Lankan Buddhists were victims.
and read about the British Raj a bit.
Kushnood is somewhat right.

Panatella
06-28-2006, 03:40 PM

Who says it's a lie? not all do it but some do, and btw are you a muslim bro?
It is an obvious lie. If someone wants to say this, they should offer proof. Of course their is none. Only, "I have a friend, who has an aunt that went for aid and this happened". It is a lie. There is evidence that paid UN workers have been soliciting sex for food. But these are paid people, not people that volunteer months and years of their lives to help those in need.

Remember the consequences of slandering aid groups that I stated in my last post. Do you really want to be responsible for furthering the hunger just so you can harm another religion? You really want to continue the hunger? Easy for you with your warm lunch sitting beside your keyboard. What about the families that have no lunch?

lavikor201
06-28-2006, 04:17 PM
I never understood why Chrisitians and Muslims must convert others... It is so stupid. Jews never convert others. We give other people a place in heaven by just following 7 laws.

We don't scare people about burning in hell if they don't convert. It is all fear, and mind games for some religions.

Ghazi
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
I never understood why Chrisitians and Muslims must convert others... It is so stupid. Jews never convert others. We give other people a place in heaven by just following 7 laws.

We don't scare people about burning in hell if they don't convert. It is all fear, and mind games for some religions.

cause allah only accepts islam we can't let people live by anything other then islam they reside in hell forever.

Vishnu
06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Christians and Muslims have spread there religions through conquest.

Does the Bible and the Quran command you to slaughter those who do not accept your religion? Is that what 'Allah' wants?

I am a Hindu so I havent really read your holy books.

Hijrah
06-30-2006, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim

Does the Bible and the Quran command you to slaughter those who do not accept your religion? Is that what 'Allah' wants?

If you actually read some of the means used to conquer land by muslims was bad but they didn't compel anyone when in control...An example of this is Moorish Spain..Jews prospered, became poets..Christians drive Muslims out...persecution resumes and Jews go to Muslim ruled Ottoman Turkey

khushnood
06-30-2006, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim

Allah surely doesnt want us 2 slaughter the unbeleivers.Why dont u study the history of islam closely.That islam spread through conquests is a ghastly lie.De Lacy O' Leary,in his book ,'Islam at the crossroads' writes,''History makes it clear,however,that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world &forcingIslam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated'' .And Hijrah is right.if islam WAS spread through conquests ,then why are there so many nonmuslims in muslim nations.u see there are millions of coptics living in Saudi Arab.They have been living there since hundreds of years without any threat from d muslims.I think this topic has already ben discussed in another thread so I wont go further.But I hope that u got it.

AvarAllahNoor
06-30-2006, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
http://www.islamworld.net/tanseer.htm

I think evangelizement should stop.for Ilsam and all religions and the methods used by the Christians sicken.Muslims are not better off either.

It's a common practice unfortunatley! Preying on the vulnerable is completely wrong.

http://www.indiatraveltimes.com/reli...uharram03.html

------
06-30-2006, 08:17 AM
U know what....Christians knows that people are going away from their religion because they find Islam much more easier and answerable to their questions.

Just 'cause Christians know that Islam is the right religion, they are trying to make people convert from it because they are getting desperate day by day!

Dahir
06-30-2006, 08:20 AM
The ANSWER to spreading ISLAM:

Lead a Clean life. That's it. That's what differs Muslims from ANY OTHER people in the world, not that others are sinful, but we do so in much greater percentages. We don't/shouldn't drink, cuss, lie, cheat, part-take in sin, or sell our souls for money. Creating Islamic missionaries is wrong. We should help people out of kindness, not as a mission! That's why Islam is the fastest growing religion, we win over the hearts of others because of their fascination with our kindness and cleanliness! THAT IS HOW ISLAM HAS AND SHALL FOREVER PREVAIL!!

------
06-30-2006, 08:22 AM
or sell our souls for money
Uh-huh. Agreed. Too much of this is happening nowadays.

THAT IS HOW ISLAM HAS AND SHALL FOREVER PREVAIL!!
Insha'Allah!

KAding
06-30-2006, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
U know what....Christians knows that people are going away from their religion because they find Islam much more easier and answerable to their questions.

Just 'cause Christians know that Islam is the right religion, they are trying to make people convert from it because they are getting desperate day by day!
LOL! Yes, that must be it ;). The Pope knows Islam is right, but is afraid to say so ;).

Do you really believe this yourself? Perhaps these Muslims in the original article are being converted because all Muslims deep down know that Islam is wrong and Jezus is their savior? :giggling:

glo
06-30-2006, 08:43 AM
LOL! Yes, that must be it ;). The Pope knows Islam is right, but is afraid to say so ;).

Do you really believe this yourself? Perhaps these Muslims in the original article are being converted because all Muslims deep down know that Islam is wrong and Jezus is their savior? :giggling:
So much sarcasm in one so young! Tut tut. :giggling:

------
06-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Perhaps these Muslims in the original article are being converted because all Muslims deep down know that Islam is wrong and Jezus is their savior?
:uhwhat :uhwhat :uhwhat

glo
06-30-2006, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
:uhwhat :uhwhat :uhwhat
Dear Aalimah

I must say that this was a silly comment to make:
And, like KAding, I would like to know if you genuinely believe that?
And, if you do, who on earth has taught you such things?

Christians, like Muslims, have a desire to spread their religion because they believe it to be the true way.

I totally agree that nobody should be using unethical methods to trick or force people into becoming followers of any religion.
Both Islam and Christianity teach that the choice to become a Muslim/Christian has to come from the heart and not be put upon anybody.

Let's be honest here and admit that both Muslims and Christians do not always act according to their own teachings! And that is not acceptable!

But believe me, Christians do not try to convert Muslims because they know that Islam is the right religion. On the contrary, if Christians believed that, they'de be queueing at the mosques, asking to convert!

Indeed, people do convert to Islam, as do people convert to Christianity, Buddhism, atheism and any other belief system.
That's the beauty of God: he has given us free choice! :statisfie

peace, sister. :thankyou:

KAding
06-30-2006, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
So much sarcasm in one so young! Tut tut. :giggling:
I know, shame on me :(. I couldn't resist! :heated:

glo
06-30-2006, 09:06 AM
I know, shame on me :(. I couldn't resist! :heated:
I know, I know ... sometimes it's difficult to resist the temptation. :rollseyes

You know so much about Christianity that I can't help but think that you grew up in that faith. Out of interest, when and why did you convert to atheism?

peace.

------
06-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm only saying one thing:

Qur'an, Chapter 109

[Kafiroon 109:1] Proclaim, (O dear Prophet Mohammed - peace and blessings be upon him), “O disbelievers!”

[Kafiroon 109:2] Neither do I worship what you worship.

[Kafiroon 109:3] Nor do you worship Whom I worship.

[Kafiroon 109:4] And neither will I ever worship what you worship.

[Kafiroon 109:5] Nor will you worship Whom I worship.

[Kafiroon 109:6] For you is your religion, and for me is mine.

KAding
06-30-2006, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I know, I know ... sometimes it's difficult to resist the temptation. :rollseyes

You know so much about Christianity that I can't help but think that you grew up in that faith. Out of interest, when and why did you convert to atheism?

peace.
Hey Glo,

Actually, I grew up in a very atheist family. We never spoke about religion at home, nor at school. But I have always been very interested in history and developed quite an interest in religion. I even bought myself a Bible and a Qu'ran. Great stuff! :)

On top of that my sister recently became very religious. She is not a traditional Christian, but definately believes in Jesus as a savior. I think she is very close to what they call "Eastern Christianity" which is strongly linked with Eastern philosophies like Buddhism. She always says that essentially all religions say the same thing and all can lead to enlightenment. She claims she can 'feel' God.

I simply can't get myself to believe though. I just don't 'feel' God I suppose and trying to get to God logically does not make much sense. I also have a hard time believing that the holy scriptures, be they Christian or Islamic, are truely the word of God. Maybe there is something supernatural out there, who knows, but I simply cannot believe it is anything like Christians or Muslims portray it to be. According to my sister I'm just not ready yet for enlightment, lol. Maybe in a future life I will be :).

Interestingly, she claims that orginally Christians also believed in reincarnation, but that this idea was dropped by the Church later on, because the heaven/hell idea made it easier for them to exert influence over their followers. So she believes there is no such thing as a heaven or hell in Christianity, but that people can reincarnate or become so enlightend that they will transcend this material world. Have you ever heard of such a thing within Christianity before?

------
06-30-2006, 09:24 AM
and trying to get to God logically does not make much sense.
Hmm....:-\

catmando
06-30-2006, 06:44 PM

cause allah only accepts islam we can't let people live by anything other then islam they reside in hell forever.
Yes and Christianity says the same. That's why Islam and Christianity try to convert people. Conversion is the cause of much misery and violence and should be stopped.

I am an Atheist and I will resist your conversion just as I resist Christian conversion. Let people believe what they want to believe and let them live in peace.

snakelegs
06-30-2006, 07:42 PM
what i don't get is that christians proselytize in muslims countries, knowing that for someone who leaves islam the punishment is death. don't they have any sense of responsibility?
actually, that's one thing i don't like about christianity and islam - this need to "save" people.

searchingsoul
07-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I think the evangelism of all religions often employs questionable tactics.

I do think it is important for each individual to have religious options and freedom to embrace their religion of choice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.