/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IS this My Jihad?

AnonymousPoster
06-28-2006, 02:02 PM
:sl:
Hope your well. Today for the first time I wore a black iran type Jilbab those really long ones. Previously i use to wear a Hijab and long skirts so from that to a jilbab is a big change.Bismillah I felt so good, I walked out and everyone kept giving this funny looks and No i am not paranoid.
It was horrible i felt so small in a way even the *muslims* with they little head scarfs were just staring at me probably thinking i am OTT.
I ignored everything i passed this college and the guy was walking towards me and pushed me as if i wasnt there.
I am 19 years old i mean is this what i am going to face? Funny looks getting pushed and stared at? None of my friends wear this some dont even wear a hijab so they cant relate to me.
I feel quite low at the moment and i feel like a bad muslim because i shouldnt even be feeling like this I should ignore everyone and do it for Allah swt sake.
:( I really dont want to take it off!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
06-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Bismillah
Salaam
First of all ukhti (i hope you're an ukhti :p), I just want to say mashaAllah. May Allah rewrad you for your efforts.
Secondly, I know what you are going through, as I too wear taht style of hijaab. But sis, I have learnt to ignore the bad that comes with wearing jilbaab, and focus on the good. I feel like I get sooo much respect. Even from non-muslims.
Shaytaan will whisper to you, and make you feel like there is a huge burden on your shoulders, when really, Allah Ta'ala has made things easy for us. I read into the subject of hijab alot before wearing the jilbaab, so that when I wore it for the first time, it felt natural. And to this day, I haven't contemplated taking it off.
Make du'a to Allah to make things easy for you, and with time inshaAllah things will become easier.
W'salaam

Umm Yoosuf
06-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Of course you're going to run into problems. Allah test us in many ways.

Allah says in the Holy Quran

"And certainly We shall test you with something of fear; hunger; loss of wealth, lives and fruits (or crops), but give glad tidings to the patient ones." (Quran, 2:155).

Another verse of the Allah says in the Holy Quran:

"And surely, We shall try you till We know those of you who strive hard (for the Cause of Allah) and the patient ones; and We shall test your record (i.e. the one who is a liar; and the one who is truthful)" (Holy Quran, 47: 31).

The Prophet (sas) said:

"There is no hardship which afflicts a Muslim but that Allah expiates with it some sin of his - even a thorn which pricks him."
Muslim and Bukhari

"How amazing is the affair of the believer! Everything which happens is good for him. And that is for no one except the believer. When he encounters good times and ease, he gives thanks and that is good for him and if he encounters hardship he is steadfast and that is good for him."
Muslim

"The analogy of the believer is like the grain crops - the wind continually beats it back and forth. And a believer continues to be afflicted with trials. And, the analogy of the munaafiq (hypocrite) is like the cedar tree - it stands firm with no motion until it is cut down."
Muslim and At-Tirmidhi

Don't worry about the stares of people, how some Muslims react to it. Knowledge is you power. Once you seek knowledge you'll grow in confidence.

People think we are oppressed and submissive little do they know. Be a walking verse sister.

Surah Al-Nur (the Light) (24:31) in the Quran states: "They (the believing women) should draw their head coverings over their bosoms...". . Surah Al-Ahzab (33:59) states: "O Prophet [PBUH] Tell thy wives and daughters and the believing women that they should put on their outer garments; that is most convenient in order that THEY MAY BE RECOGNIZED (as Muslims) and not be molested."

Keep your Hijab on and load yourself with knowledge.

bint_muhammed
06-28-2006, 02:37 PM
you kno sis, wen i first started the hijab i was like that. i though everyones laughing or givingme the dirty etc. but you know what i get out there i ignore it all, and if people give you the dirty just smile back, say hello etc. and trust me it'll make them feel bad! i can tell a lot of muslims boys do give you the dirty and half of them mum and sisters are wearing it so its pretty ironic. anyway i'm probebly not helping but the more your struggle the better it is for you in the hereafter and remind yourself that Allahs sees it all!
salam!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
06-28-2006, 02:53 PM
jazakallah I understand my mother told me is best if i take it off because she is scared that i will get attacked, discriminated and so on..I think she is unhappy because she is scared for me and also thinks i am too young bless her i dont think she realised i am 19.
I will keep it on :)

Umm Yoosuf
06-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Put your trust in Allah sister.

"And put your trust in Allah, and sufficient is Allah as a Trustee (Disposer of Affairs).”

O, you who believe! Keep your duty to Allah, and speak (always) the truth. He will direct you to do good deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, he verily has got a great success,” (Al-Ahzab, 31:70-71).

“Say, ‘He is the Most Beneficent (Allah), in Him we believe, and in Him we put our trust,” (Al-Mulk, 67:29).

Think: What you are wearing is the best form of Hijab Masha Allah. That’s the manner in which a Muslimah should dress. She is pleasing NO ONE but her Creator, who ordered her to wear this.
Think: Look at some of the Muslimahs of today, whom Allah has guided to the truth. Look at the way they conduct themselves. Look at the sister’s WHO dress from head to toe. Their face’s and hands covered. Masha Allah. Indeed they know the Hijab is an obligation- its a must for every sister- an obligation she must fulfil. The believers say “We hear and obey”, ...

Think:
How the Sahabiyats responded when the verses of Allah were revealed to them? They tore their bed sheets and wrapped around themselves, covering every part of their body. Indeed they had Iman! Read! Read their stories sister.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-28-2006, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Put your trust in Allah sister.

"And put your trust in Allah, and sufficient is Allah as a Trustee (Disposer of Affairs).”

O, you who believe! Keep your duty to Allah, and speak (always) the truth. He will direct you to do good deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, he verily has got a great success,” (Al-Ahzab, 31:70-71).

“Say, ‘He is the Most Beneficent (Allah), in Him we believe, and in Him we put our trust,” (Al-Mulk, 67:29).

Think: What you are wearing is the best form of Hijab Masha Allah. That’s the manner in which a Muslimah should dress. She is pleasing NO ONE but her Creator, who ordered her to wear this.
Think: Look at some of the Muslimahs of today, whom Allah has guided to the truth. Look at the way they conduct themselves. Look at the sister’s WHO dress from head to toe. Their face’s and hands covered. Masha Allah. Indeed they know the Hijab is an obligation- its a must for every sister- an obligation she must fulfil. The believers say “We hear and obey”, ...

Think:
How the Sahabiyats responded when the verses of Allah were revealed to them? They tore their bed sheets and wrapped around themselves, covering every part of their body. Indeed they had Iman! Read! Read their stories sister.
MashaAllah. An excellent reply.:thankyou:
W'salaam

Daffodil
06-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Asalamulaikum sis

Man Im so proud of you! Its not easy when wen ur new to wearing it, u feel so concious of it n it can make u feel a bit down but remember sis Allah swt is loving u!!!! Hes thinking, look at my slave, she is putting up with hurtful comments n ppl bein nasty just to make me happy, im gonna reward her so much! inshallah.

Sis remember that those same ppl who are being nasty to u cuz ur covering ur beauty are gonna be so ugly looking in the fire thats if Allah swt decides not to have mercy upon them.

ur doing something gud for the sake n sole pleasure of Allah swt, ur following his commands, just bare it with a brave face, WALK LIKE A LION. keep ur head up high n dnt listen to anything of what they say n if they giv u a dirty look just smile at them because the angels are smiling at u n Allah swt is smiling at u so just smile because they probably so depressed with their lives that they have to make other ppls lives crap too! dnt let it happen.

Asalamulaikum

F.Y.
06-29-2006, 01:49 AM
Remember sister: "Muslimahs dont just talk women's rights - we wear them." You remind yourself of this and never be ashamed of what you have chosen to do. May Allah help you!
Peace

syilla
06-29-2006, 05:26 AM
i'm proud of you...

congratulations.

May Allah help you all the way...

SolaceinIslam
06-29-2006, 06:57 AM

I think you have taken the most difficult step and that is starting to wear it. Continuing will not be so difficult. Believe me, it does get easier over time. People will find you strange in the beginning, then they get used to you and focus on the next weird thing. That is life!!!

You are doing it to please Allah, so others shouldn't matter.

:w:

aamirsaab
06-29-2006, 09:16 AM
No matter how many time someone insults you, no matter how many times someone hurts you, know that they will never be able to destroy your imaan.

Keep strong in your faith - you can do it.

person
06-29-2006, 10:51 AM
dont you dare take it off. this most certainly if jihad. Allah orders women to cover them selvs so ober your Lord who has blessed you and favoured you. it is very important to be with a good croowd of friends who will encourage you more to the deen rather then he opposite. being in studies can be a very big fitna as there are alot of young boys and girls free mixing which is haram. remeber Allah at all times, lower your gaze. life can be hard but when you practise the deen of Allah, when you struggle to practise it then for every struggle there is a reward waiting for you.

I R Paki
06-29-2006, 02:01 PM
People give you dirtys ? Thats wrong, I live in an area, which the majority of the population are white, I wouldnt mind, Id just beat them down. For you, Id advise you go with freinds, freinds = protection and stay together.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.