/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Muslims Doing Enough To Spread The Word Of Islam?

Annie
06-28-2006, 07:54 PM
:sl:
I personaly think that muslims are not doing enough to spread the word of Islam, including my self, and i feel embaressed about this, but inshallah i want to gain enough knowledge to feel confident to approach a non believer and explain to them about islam and try to invite them to islam. I realised this when i was talking to my next door neighboure about islam and they asked me some questions which i couldnt answer very well.
I also think that not all but some imams are also not doing enough, this is because i see imams approaching muslims and telling them about islam mashallah thats really good but what about taking time out and knocking on the house of a non beliver and explain to them about islam, i also think that workshops should be opend to persuade and educate people about islam.
Because we need to remember that its the responsabilty of the muslim ummah to educate the non belivers and spread the word of islam.
sos abt speling mistakes and grammer
:w:
Annie:sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Annie
I personaly think that muslims are not doing enough to spread the word of Islam, including my self, and i feel embaressed about this, but inshallah i want to gain enough knowledge to feel confident to approach a non believer and explain to them about islam and try to invite them to islam.
You arent alone on that ship sister :) Alot of us are.

Heck,..MOST of us are.

As for inviting them to islam,always remember this :

Your behavior is the best form of Da'wah.

I realised this when i was talking to my next door neighboure about islam and they asked me some questions which i couldnt answer very well.
Been there,done that. :hiding:

I also think that not all but some imams are also not doing enough
Definetly! you got that right! But then again,if the flock is ripped apart so far and wide,it is impossible for the shepard to take lead...

we need to remember that its the responsabilty of the muslim ummah to educate the non belivers and spread the word of islam.
True that,true that.

Truth is,...we shold educate ourselves,Existing Muslims,..then Non-believers.

There are far too many misguided muslims out there.

Wa'salaam.

Fishman
06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
I personaly think that muslims are not doing enough to spread the word of Islam, including my self, and i feel embaressed about this, but inshallah i want to gain enough knowledge to feel confident to approach a non believer and explain to them about islam and try to invite them to islam. I realised this when i was talking to my next door neighboure about islam and they asked me some questions which i couldnt answer very well.
I also think that not all but some imams are also not doing enough, this is because i see imams approaching muslims and telling them about islam mashallah thats really good but what about taking time out and knocking on the house of a non beliver and explain to them about islam, i also think that workshops should be opend to persuade and educate people about islam.
Because we need to remember that its the responsabilty of the muslim ummah to educate the non belivers and spread the word of islam.
sos abt speling mistakes and grammer
Annie:sister:
If we start door-knocking we'll get a bad reputation, just like the J'sWs.

glo
06-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about what to say to non-believers. Knowledge, wisdom and confidence will come with time.
Also, not all people are gifted to teach their faith. Some spread their faith simply by being true followers of their faith!

Francis of Assisi, a Franciscan monk in the 12th century once said: "Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary use words."

Perhaps the same can be transferred to Islam?
Don't worry what to say to your neighbours. Be, who God wants you to be, and the rest will come ... :thankyou:

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
06-28-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I wouldn't worry too much about what to say to non-believers. Knowledge, wisdom and confidence will come with time.
Also, not all people are gifted to teach their faith. Some spread their faith simply by being true followers of their faith!

Peace.
I agree with you. This reminds me of a conversion story I read on IslamOnline, in which a really nice person called Nabil was the central part of three conversions.

SirZubair
06-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Thank you Glo :)

Francis of Assisi, a Franciscan monk in the 12th century once said: "Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary use words."
Exactly what i was getting at when i said :

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair

glo
06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I agree with you. This reminds me of a conversion story I read on IslamOnline, in which a really nice person called Nabil was the central part of three conversions.
Hi Fishman

If you find a link to that story, let me know. :)

I think sometimes people try too hard to convince others of their 'true' faith! :rollseyes
As a Christian I believe that only God himself can truly convict people of the thruth.
People who get into conversion-mode are more likely to put other people off, than to encourage them to open their hearts to God and his message.

peace.

glo
06-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Thank you Glo :)

Exactly what i was getting at when i said :
You are a wise man, SirZubair!!
But not as wise as St Francis ... he said it 800 years before you! ;D

peace.:hiding:

SirZubair
06-28-2006, 08:15 PM
You are a wise man, SirZubair!!
But not as wise as St Francis ... he said it 800 years before you! ;D

peace.:hiding:
Damn :p

snakelegs
06-28-2006, 08:17 PM
As for inviting them to islam,always remember this :

how i wish that all christians and muslims would limit themselves to this! of course it's a little harder than knocking on doors and trying to impose your views on others. (as far as i know, muslims don't go that far.)

SirZubair
06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Since when is Zubair wise??!!!:rollseyes ;D ;D ;D :offended:
...since he decided to stop giving you reps.... :? :p

glo
06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Since when is Zubair wise??!!!:rollseyes ;D ;D ;D :offended:
Since I said so! ;D

Geronimo
06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I think sometimes people try too hard to convince others of their 'true' faith!
As a Christian I believe that only God himself can truly convict people of the thruth.
People who get into conversion-mode are more likely to put other people off, than to encourage them to open their hearts to God and his message
I believe this also. I feel like my only job is to plant a seed and it's up to that person whether it grows or not. If someone ask me about my faith I will tell them but I refuse to force my beliefs upon someone.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-28-2006, 08:52 PM

I agree that if we followed the Prophet's teachings ourselves, that would be excellent Da'wah

The Prophet said: 'Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character (Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik)

The Prophet said: 'There is nothing which is heavier upon the balance than the good character.' (Musnad Ahmad)

The Prophet said: 'Righteousness is good character, and sin is what makes you uncomfortable inside and you would not like other people to find out about.' (Sahîh Muslim)

The Prophet said: 'The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

The Prophet said: 'Whoever is deprived of gentleness is deprived of all good.' (Sahîh Muslim)

The Prophet said: 'Indeed Allah is gentle and loves gentleness, and gives due to gentleness that which He does not give to harshness.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)

The Prophet said: 'Whoever suffers an injury done to him and forgives (the person responsible), Allah will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

The Prophet said: 'Show mercy to those on earth so that He who is in heaven will have mercy on you.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

Abdullah4ever
06-28-2006, 08:58 PM

Da'wah is our responsiblilty to preach to others but it seems like most have abondend this responibilty.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.