/* */

PDA

View Full Version : USURY solution!

Pure
06-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), says: "The acceptor of interest, its payer, the one who records it, and the two witnesses are cursed, and he said: they are all equal." (Reported by Muslim).

Ibn `Abbas reports that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Whenever Riba and adultery appear in a country then its people have brought the punishment of Allah unto themselves."

I have two accounts, one at RBC and the other at TD, all this time I thought I have no choice but to accept the interest they gave me every month. My plan was to dispense the accumulated interest in the end... whenever that end was...
Suddenly, I got this idea to give a call and find out if it was possible to have my account interest FREE for both of these acccounts, IT WAS!!

I called my RBC branch, and it was done easily over the phone, she made my account interest free, all I had to do was ASK. What they did was WAIVE my account, make sure to ask them to waive the interest on your account in case the teller is not familiar with this idea.

Inshallah, it is possible for you as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isaac
06-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Yes very good. I done that with my account a few years ago, and they were pretty straight forward with it. It was good because the lady behind the counter was understanding and new about the interest situation. I think most banks if you ask them seriouslywill be more than appy t change it. Thanks.

Pure
07-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Its good to hear that it worked with you as well :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.