/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Half Muslim and half.......

furyX721
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
:sl:

I was in my friends house, and he was on a site where people can rate other people. I can't remember the site though :( So, as he was looking, the people on the site can setup their profiles, it would state their name, how much they weight, occupation, religion they believe and etc... This site was for desi people only, meaning only desi people can put their pictures on it and have them rated.

So, I saw in most of them were muslims, and I was shocked to see what they wrote in their profile. In the religion, some of them wrote Half Muslim and half Christian, or Half Muslim and half Jewish, etc... What is wrong with them? Are they just trying to fit in with others? Or to look cool?

I mean, how can you be half of one religion and at the same time be part of another religion? It doesn't make sense. If you say you are half Muslim, that means that you believe Allah is your God, and he has no son or father, or any relative. He is One. And on the other hand you are half Christian. You believe either that Jesus (peace be upon him) is your god, or you believe that He (peace be upon him) is the son of God, or you believe in the trinity. Let's take the first one in this instance. If you belive that Allah is your God, knowing that he is One, and on the other hand you also believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) is the son of God, what is wrong with that picture?

Whenever I see this, it just gets be pissed off. What are your views upon this subject? Sorry if it was a little long:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DAWUD_adnan
06-30-2006, 03:04 PM
its just stupid man, there nothing to say

subhanAllah

Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh.......I also see alot of that when I go to MySpace Profiles and all of that. I assume its just pure ignorance since there is no way that someone can be "Half Muslim" You are either a Muslim or not.

Yes it can probably be that these 'Muslims' are just trying to fit in with other people.......that's the sad thing about Muslims these days, they are always trying to fit in and forget that we have our own Identity!!! Subhanallah blindness.

But it always comes down to ignorance.....and Lack of Pride in being Muslim. Allahul Musta'aan. Maybe you can advise your friend too concering this insha'allah.

furyX721
06-30-2006, 03:06 PM

I was in my friends house, and he was on a site where people can rate other people. I can't remember the site though :( So, as he was looking, the people on the site can setup their profiles, it would state their name, how much they weight, occupation, religion they believe and etc... This site was for desi people only, meaning only desi people can put their pictures on it and have them rated.

So, I saw in most of them were muslims, and I was shocked to see what they wrote in their profile. In the religion, some of them wrote Half Muslim and half Christian, or Half Muslim and half Jewish, etc... What is wrong with them? Are they just trying to fit in with others? Or to look cool?

I mean, how can you be half of one religion and at the same time be part of another religion? It doesn't make sense. If you say you are half Muslim, that means that you believe Allah is your God, and he has no son or father, or any relative. He is One. And on the other hand you are half Christian. You believe either that Jesus (peace be upon him) is your God, or you believe that He (peace be upon him) is the son of God, or you believe in the Trinity. Let's take the first one in this case. If you belive that Allah is your God, knowing that he is One, and on the other hand you also believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) is the son of God, what is wrong with that picture? How can you say that God is alone and on the other hand God also has a son?

Whenever I see this, it just gets be pissed off. What are your views upon this subject? Sorry if it was a little long:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
^ sorry but why did you repost that?

furyX721
06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
oops, sorry for double posting. I was editing my post, and I didn't know you replied that fast :giggling: I just added one line.

Daffodil
06-30-2006, 03:27 PM
U cant mix polytheism n moneithism together, they just dnt mix.

Either these ppl are lying just to fit in n appear to be more interesting or something or they cud have one muslim parent n one non muslim parent n werent bought up as practicing muslims and so there fore dnt class themselves as confused but just adopt both religions as they dnt know any better.

May Allah swt give them hidayah to follow the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ameen.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-30-2006, 03:40 PM
SubhanAllah. Islam is a way of life, not a culture. I think these people are confused.
W'salaam

furyX721
06-30-2006, 03:43 PM
they cud have one muslim parent n one non muslim parent n werent bought up as practicing muslims and so there fore dnt class themselves as confused but just adopt both religions as they dnt know any better.
Yea, I also think that is the case. But if that is the case, then the Muslim parent should know better and teach his/her child.

Muezzin
06-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Erm, you should probably stay off those 'desi' sites.

I think they put 'Half Muslim/Half Hindu' because one parent is one religion while the other is another. As Daffodil said, they're probably confused.

Nabil-Munsif
07-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Well the whole thing depends on your parents, if your dad is Muslim and has a non-Muslim wife, and doesn’t assure Islam the dominant religion in the family, well the tend to become confused and write junk like that. Try to explain to them if you know them, I know someone just like that in my class, she goes to churches and also mosques and I disgusted this to her, and told here you can't be a half breed you must either be a full Muslim, or not a Muslim at all.

:threadclo

searchingsoul
07-01-2006, 04:36 AM
I think that during the formative years it would be very healthy for a child to list both religions. I encourage my children to have free thought and embrace the beliefs that they feel are important to them. I'm not saying that I do not guide them. I simply wish for them to experience religion on a personal level with God.

Huda22
07-01-2006, 05:56 AM
I guess in the early years it makes sense saying they're half MUslim and half something else because they don't really know much and maybe were not taught but at some point in your life you need to choose a path, you can't be both i hear people in there late teens and early 20's saying the half half thing and it just doesnt make sense

SirZubair
07-01-2006, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Yes it can probably be that these 'Muslims' are just trying to fit in with other people.......that's the sad thing about Muslims these days, they are always trying to fit in and forget that we have our own Identity!!! Subhanallah blindness.
That reminds me of a lecture by Imam Zaid Shakir.

Redefining Muslim Families in the Modern Times

MRR
07-03-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by furyX721
Whenever I see this, it just gets me pissed off. What are your views upon this subject? Sorry if it was a little long:)
Why would it get you pissed off? It has nothing to do with you. It is odd when people see something that does not involve them, and does not create a victim, and become angry.

Daffodil
07-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Why would it get you pissed off? It has nothing to do with you. It is odd when people see something that does not involve them, and does not create a victim, and become angry.
This is because the prophet saw told us that wen we see something bad we shud change it with our hands, if we cant change it with our hands then we shud do so with our speech n if we can do that then we shud atleast feel bad in our hearts about it but that is the lowest form of faith.

So therefore wen we see some one is claiming to be muslim yet doing bad things especialy as bad as associating partners with god we have to do something about it.

mano_the_cat
07-03-2006, 06:34 PM
that seems to be a sidplay of ignorance & indifference to truth & reality .... being half this & ,makes a person everything except a whole individual ... those who arent sure of their religion & their way of life as just like people lost in the dark woods!

searchingsoul
07-05-2006, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mano_the_cat
that seems to be a sidplay of ignorance & indifference to truth & reality .... being half this & ,makes a person everything except a whole individual ... those who arent sure of their religion & their way of life as just like people lost in the dark woods!

I hope the day never comes when I convict myself to a belief and consider it a sin for others to believe differently.

searchingsoul
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
This is because the prophet saw told us that wen we see something bad we shud change it with our hands, if we cant change it with our hands then we shud do so with our speech n if we can do that then we shud atleast feel bad in our hearts about it but that is the lowest form of faith.

So therefore wen we see some one is claiming to be muslim yet doing bad things especialy as bad as associating partners with god we have to do something about it.
I don't understand your statement about associating partners with God. If we are talking about a person who claims to be half Muslim, and half Christian (or Jewish), it would appear to me to be a person recognizing two different views but worshiping the same God. Please elaborate and explain why this is especially bad.

Daffodil
07-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't understand your statement about associating partners with God. If we are talking about a person who claims to be half Muslim, and half Christian (or Jewish), it would appear to me to be a person recognizing two different views but worshiping the same God. Please elaborate and explain why this is especially bad.
Because the christians and jewish have different believes to us.

searchingsoul
07-06-2006, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Because the christians and jewish have different believes to us.
Is this what makes it especially bad?

Ghazi
07-06-2006, 01:48 AM

If a person past the age of puberty is saying they're half-muslim then they're not muslim plain as simple till they accept islam as a whole.

Woodrow
07-06-2006, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Is this what makes it especially bad?
Perhaps looking from another perspective will make this more understandable.

Let me paraphrase some of the past comments, I will try to explain in relation to your Christian view point.

You as a Christian, have some basic beliefs a person must adhere to to be a Christian. I think you will agree a person is either a Christian or is not a Christian. There is no middle ground. A person can share many similar standards, ideals and concepts with you. However if the person does not believe I'sa(a.s.) is the Messiah and the Son of God(swt) That person is not a Christian. A person can not be half Christian.

So it is with Islam, those of us who are Muslim have a set of basic beliefs that identify us as being Muslim. A person either believes them or does not. If a person does not believe them the person is not a Muslim.

There is no such thing as being half a Christian nor is there such a thing as being half a Muslim.

north_malaysian
07-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Makes me suddenly remember Natasha Atlas, she's Arabic singer.

Her father is a Moroccan Jew. Her mother is a Palestinian Muslim mixed Egyptian Christian. She's Belgian citizen.

She said her religious is - Judaism-Islam-Christianity.

Daffodil
07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Its like saying "im a vegetarian but i eat chicken" it just dnt work.

searchingsoul
07-07-2006, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Perhaps looking from another perspective will make this more understandable.

Let me paraphrase some of the past comments, I will try to explain in relation to your Christian view point.

You as a Christian, have some basic beliefs a person must adhere to to be a Christian. I think you will agree a person is either a Christian or is not a Christian. There is no middle ground. A person can share many similar standards, ideals and concepts with you. However if the person does not believe I'sa(a.s.) is the Messiah and the Son of God(swt) That person is not a Christian. A person can not be half Christian.

So it is with Islam, those of us who are Muslim have a set of basic beliefs that identify us as being Muslim. A person either believes them or does not. If a person does not believe them the person is not a Muslim.

There is no such thing as being half a Christian nor is there such a thing as being half a Muslim.
Thanks for the well presented explanation. I do disagree with you about there not being a thing as being half Christian or half Muslim. Obviously if people wish to label themselves as such then they exist. Although such a belief may not have an official term, the idea that a person can incorporate the beliefs of two different religions into one is very plausible. I think the issue is that another Christian or Muslim may not accept the individuals beliefs. But failure for others to accept ones beliefs does not constitute that belief not existing.

Looking4Peace
07-07-2006, 05:17 AM
i eat chicken, seafood and dairy only but wont eat other meat (except for the once a yr breakdown with a steak or burger), so im confuse where i stand too:giggling:

sevgi
07-07-2006, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by furyX721

I mean, how can you be half of one religion and at the same time be part of another religion? It doesn't make sense. If you say you are half Muslim, that means that you believe Allah is your God, and he has no son or father, or any relative. He is One. And on the other hand you are half Christian. You believe either that Jesus (peace be upon him) is your god, or you believe that He (peace be upon him) is the son of God, or you believe in the trinity. Let's take the first one in this instance. If you belive that Allah is your God, knowing that he is One, and on the other hand you also believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) is the son of God, what is wrong with that picture?

well, some people have co-religioned parents,,,i have a half jewish half chrisdtian friend and she doesnt want to make a descision between them...

i met a scholar who also claimed to be half muslim half christian...when we asked how he xplained that islam and christianity are the same thing, that is they come from the same root...he calls himself an advaned christian because he says that the christians were meant to move along wen Prophet Mohammed came along but they got stuck where they were...he prays and stuff and still believes in and practices christianity aswel...yeah...i dnt no if i make sense but that guy did...:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.