/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why did Allah/God created stars millions of miles away?

j4763
06-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Before man could see deep into space there were stars billions of miles away, why would he create stuff we would/will never see?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 04:37 PM
maybe theres other creations which God is testing, we believe there are jinns aswell as humans. Who knows there could be other species, Allahu Allam!
Or maybe it is to make humans wonder at what they can never explain, a sign of God.

Im sry if these explenations are weak, its my way of thinking.

:peace: :)

j4763
06-30-2006, 04:44 PM
"jinns"??? What are they, little green men (aliens)?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
"jinns"??? What are they, little green men (aliens)?
lol, jinns are a creation God made on this earth before men, however the jinns were extremely disobedient creatures who disobeyed Allah. The jinns are made of fire just as the devil is, we believe Iblis (the main devil) was a former jinn. Basically Allah created humans to worship Allah because jinns did a poor job of it...

Someone please correct me if im wrong!

Even now we believe jinns to walk the earth. Too bad the eye cant see them.

seems farfetched to the non-believers i know but it explains all the excorcist movies (jinns can possess people) lol kidding.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
I think, as many times in the Qu'ran it talks about reflecting upon the skys and so on.

Might be that.

j4763
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I think, as many times in the Qu'ran it talks about reflecting upon the skys and so on.

Might be that.
Maybe but there are stars we can not see from our earth no matter how clear the night sky is, whats the point of them stars (unless jinns live on them :) )

IbnAbdulHakim
Wa samaa!

Allah even swears by his creation the sky,

in it are clear signs!

For those who believe!

:salamext:

Umar001
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
lol, jinns are a creation God made on this earth before men, however the jinns were extremely disobedient creatures who disobeyed Allah. The jinns are made of fire just as the devil is, we believe Iblis (the main devil) was a former jinn. Basically Allah created humans to worship Allah because jinns did a poor job of it...

seems farfetched to the non-believers i know but it explains all the excorcist movies (jinns can possess people) lol kidding.

Lol you kidding about them possesing? cos they can.
I am not sure if you meant that Allah created man because Jinns did a poor job of serving Him.

IbnAbdulHakim
Maybe but there are stars we can not see from our earth no matter how clear the night sky is, whats the point of them stars (unless jinns live on them :) )
naa lol i think jinns live on earth... stars... like i sed before, either to contemplate on Allahs creation or maybe theres another species somewhere which the stars are helping :D

:peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Lol you kidding about them possesing? cos they can.
I am not sure if you meant that Allah created man because Jinns did a poor job of serving Him.
i kno they can lol, i was kiddin about the movie tho lol.

Thats what i heard, that jinns were disobedient and corrupt, Allah therefore made Earth our land, jinns cant even be seen/heard/felt etc, wat power do they have? I think they earned Allahs wrath but i maybe wrong...

Plz correct me inshaAllah

:salamext:

Umar001
06-30-2006, 05:02 PM

Can we see the stars now?? In this day an age?

muslim_friend
06-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Before man could see deep into space there were stars billions of miles away, why would he create stuff we would/will never see?
I've read a superb answer to this question, which i read somewhere.

The problem is i've forgotten what it is.. But here is my answer: Allah has created things for a purpose. Some affect us directly, like rain fall, the water of which is used for drinking. But every single atom is worshipping Allah continuously, simultaneously.. You may have heard of something called a supernova, which is the emission of the entire energy of a single star as light energy in one week or a shot period of time. this huge emission of energy can be witnessed even during the day on this planet which is so many billion light years away from the actual event! (mind boggling isn't it?) The point is, Allah says in many places in the Qur'an..to ponder over signs of His creation, and this is very important as there is a anothe verse that continues with..."These are signs for men of understanding". A supernove is an incredible phenomen, a star forming and dyeing is even more spectacular, these are objects of admiration and awe so that we may understand a glimpse of Allah's infinite power..only Allah can cause such things! :thankyou:

root
06-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Of course their is another angle to this thread currently left unspoken.

Question

Why did Allah/God created millions of stars millions of miles away.

Answer

He didn't create them, they evolved.

muslim_friend
06-30-2006, 06:17 PM
We figured out how stars evolved. we figured out what made the stars evolve, but we can't figure out who started the big bang? :?

Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 07:27 PM
root!!!!!!!!

jeez, Anyways,

Why did Allah/God created stars millions of miles away? - 2 Hours Ago

Create**

Who said we would never see them? If we never saw them, how do we know they are there? eh? eh? ehhhh?

Anyways Laters don't have time for silly people...

need to pray!

Kidman
06-30-2006, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

You have both good and bad Jinns. It never shows one side worse than the other, other than the shayton who was really bad. And look at this about Shayton who was "really bad" He used to pray to Allah, and be in Sejdeh for 150,000 years... and God asked him to do one simple think, to follow one simple rule, and because he didn't obey that one rule He will be sent to Hellfire forever.

How many of Allah's rules have you broken so far?

ok, that's another point, but for that to happen, i'm thinking Jinns have more knowledge about Allah than us... so they get graded on a more strict level... I don't knw, that's my own guess...

Kidman

Abdul Fattah
06-30-2006, 08:40 PM
You're question implies that from a creater's point of vieuw this was unnecesairy. I'd say that's quite biased. What's wrong with this creation? Do the stars not give us a good indication of direction? Are the clusters not in perfect balance? Do we know if there is perhaps life on another planet? How would it affect us psychologically If the boundry of the universe was just around the corner?

Ironical isn't it? You intend to pose a question that opposes belief, and it only raises questions that opposes atheism. But in the end of the day, your questions will seem meaningless to my faith, just as my questions will seem meaningless to yours.

al-fateh
06-30-2006, 09:02 PM
there is a great reason behind the creation of stars and to what is mentioned about it in the Quran

It is He Who maketh the stars (as beacons) for you, that ye may guide yourselves, with their help, through the dark spaces of land and sea: We detail Our signs for people who know.
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #97)

Behold! Joseph said to his father: "O my father! I did see eleven stars and the sun and the moon: I saw them prostrate themselves to me!"

He has made subject to you the Night and the Day; the sun and the moon; and the stars are in subjection by His Command: verily in this are Signs for men who are wise.
( سورة النحل , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #12)

And marks and sign-posts; and by the stars (men) guide themselves.
( سورة النحل , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #16)

We have indeed decked the lower heaven with beauty (in) the stars,-
( سورة الصافات , As-Saaffat, Chapter #37, Verse #6)

And for part of the night also praise thou Him,- and at the retreat of the stars!
( سورة الطور , At-tur, Chapter #52, Verse #49)

j4763
06-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Please note that i am not just talking about the stars that can be seen by the human eye from our planet but stars millions of miles away that can only been seen by recent space telescopes.

SirZubair
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Allahu Allam/AlLah (swt) knows best.

Leave it at that.

Wa'salaam.

al-fateh
06-30-2006, 09:41 PM
It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #29)

Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allah Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #164)

it is to show man that there is indeed a creator to all this, and knowledge to what we dont have

Kidman
06-30-2006, 09:47 PM
We get into looking farther and farther in outer space as our technology gets better and better... and everytime we look the farthest we can look... there is always something more... It's Allah's way of showing us that He is the all-powerful and our technology and advances are nothing close to his level...

Kidman

Abdul Fattah
06-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Please note that i am not just talking about the stars that can be seen by the human eye from our planet but stars millions of miles away that can only been seen by recent space telescopes.
1. Why do you assume the only reason for there creation is for us to see them?
2. And how can you know there exist stars that will never be seen by anyone (accept for dark stars of course :p ). Does a star need to be seen by "everybody" in order to serve its "being-seen-purpose"?

Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 10:46 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Does a star need to be seen by "everybody" in order to serve its "being-seen-purpose"?...True bro true,

God created stars because they are useful i guess give us light etc, maybe more things also, that we havn't discovered yet,

And He just did init, God don't need reasons to create somthing,

"He (Allah) is the Originator of the heavens and the earth… He created all things and He has knowledge of all things." (Surat al-An'am: 101)

WalaykumSalaam pplz.

azim
06-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Asalamu alaykum.

Perhaps this verse could add to discussion -

The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not.
( سورة غافر , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #57)

So, perhaps the starts millions of millions of light years away look down and think "why did God create such small, squidgy, pointless things?". That's making the assumption that starts have invented the internet and discussing the same topic as we speak.

root
07-01-2006, 03:02 AM
All Quotes By Steve.

1. Why do you assume the only reason for there creation is for us to see them?
I don't quite like that assumption either. If we take away the assumption that stars are a carefully tuned put up job and consider as physicists have pointed out that it is no accident that we see stars, for stars are a necessary part of a universe capable of generating us. This does not imply that stars exist in order to make us. It is just without stars there would be no atoms heavier than lithium in the periodic table, and a chemistry of only three elemants is too impoverished to support life. Seeing is the kind of activity that can see only in the kind of universe where what you see is stars!

2. And how can you know there exist stars that will never be seen by anyone (accept for dark stars of course ). Does a star need to be seen by "everybody" in order to serve its "being-seen-purpose"?
If the whole of mankind looked away from the moon, would the moon still exist?

Abdul Fattah
07-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Nice point root, it's refreshing to be on teh same page once in a while :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-01-2006, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Allahu Allam/AlLah (swt) knows best.

Leave it at that.

Wa'salaam.
Couldn't have put it better myself. We can only wonder why.
W'salaam

Muezzin
07-01-2006, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
If the whole of mankind looked away from the moon, would the moon still exist?
Very Zen, I like it.

'If a tree falls in the forest with no one around to hear it, will it still make a sound?'

Of course, this begs the question: 'Why would God/Allah make that tree fall?'

To which the obvious answer is: 'Who the hell cares?'

Fishman
07-01-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
'If a tree falls in the forest with no one around to hear it, will it still make a sound?'
:sl:
It would still generate sound waves.
:w:

Woodrow
07-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Question:

Is there anyone of us who will every see and understand all of Allah's (swt) creation?

Let us just accept the fact, Allah(swt) created the universe for His reasons, not to suit either mine or your desires. Lots of his creation we have no need to see or even know about. If anything is of importance to anyone of us, Allah(swt) will let it be known to us.

muslim_friend
07-01-2006, 06:01 PM
True.I just realised that this is such a minor matter. :rollseyes

Umar001
07-01-2006, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
AsalamuAlaykum,

Does a star need to be seen by "everybody" in order to serve its "being-seen-purpose"?...True bro true,

God created stars because they are useful i guess give us light etc, maybe more things also, that we havn't discovered yet,

And He just did init, God don't need reasons to create somthing,

"He (Allah) is the Originator of the heavens and the earth… He created all things and He has knowledge of all things." (Surat al-An'am: 101)

WalaykumSalaam pplz.

Mashallah I was gonna say that.

Pk_#2
07-01-2006, 07:54 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Anas bin malik' (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The great and Glorious Allah said: Verily your people will question about this and that till they would say: well it is Allah who created the creation, but who created Allah?

May Allah (swt) guide us all,

Ameen,

WalaykumSalaam All.

nimrod
07-02-2006, 02:44 AM
J4763, I think I understand the implications of what you have posted.

There is Christian scripture that states that a prophet of God asked a Hebrew ruler to ask God for what ever sign he would like, no mater how big or how small and God would provide it.

I have often wondered why the fellow didn’t ask for scripture to be plastered across the evening sky every day till the end of time.
The fellow mostly just passed the buck by saying “let man not tempt God by asking for demands/signs (paraphrasing)”.

The answer to your question, from a Christian point of view is this:

If all things are made to be so clear as to be un-deniable, of what use is faith?

God created every thing, stars near by, as well as stars far off.

There is no reason to assume God doesn’t enjoy the stars in space, those near to man as well as those far away.

Not ALL of creation is all about mankind. Perhaps God just likes the night sky with far off stars that only he can see without telescopes?

Prove otherwise.

Where your argument winds up, is this question:

Is there a supernatural. Prove an answer, one way or the other.

It is a basic tenet for Islam and Christianity that God is in charge.

What that has left me with is this:

If all things are made to be so clear as to be un-deniable, of what use is faith?

If there is something about what I have posted raises any questions in your mind, please ask.

Sorry about jumping ahead in your attempt to, lead the sheep to the shearer.

Thanks
Nimrod

NEM
07-02-2006, 03:01 AM
So we would know there is a light in the Darkness.

Muslim Soldier
07-02-2006, 03:31 AM
In the creation of the heavens and the earth and in the alteration of the day and night... are signs of a people who believe.

Quran: Ale Imran

There are some stars which cant be seen as yet. However, abt 400 years ago, even Uranus couldnt be seen.

As technology improves, we will appreciate the might of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.