/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Punishments Of Not Praying (we Seek Refuge In Allah To Help Us Pray Salat)

sheikh nazim
04-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Moderator's comment: This was based upon fabricated hadeeth. Please also see: http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ng-prayer.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sheikh Haroon
04-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Salaam Brother.

Welcome to the forum! Brother, those were some very wise words you just posted, incredibly thought provoking. I have a small favour to ask of you. Could you possibly show us where you got this from (i.e. sources), to enable us to quote accurately when we pass it on? JazakAllah.

Allah reward you for your efforts.

Regards

Uthman
04-24-2005, 01:46 PM
:sl:

Here is one of the places. :)

:w:

Bint Abdusattar
04-24-2005, 05:16 PM
JazakAllah Khair for this reminder - hope it affects other brothers and sisters as it affected me.

:D SMILE ALLAH LOVES YOU :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
04-24-2005, 05:25 PM

I used to believe that too... But you might want to read this for clarification... :)

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The hadeeth, “Whoever neglects prayer, Allaah will send fifteen punishments upon him, six in this world, three when he is dying, three in the grave and three when he emerges form the grave…” is a fabricated (mawdoo’) hadeeth which is falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Concerning this hadeeth Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, in the magazine al-Buhooth al-Islamiyyah (22/329): With regard to the hadeeth which the author of this pamphlet attributes to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning the punishment of the one who does not pray, and which says that fifteen punishment will be sent upon him etc., this is one of the fabricated ahaadeeth that are falsely attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as was stated by the scholars (may Allaah have mercy on him) such as al-Haafiz al-Dhahabi in Lisaan al-Meezaan, and al-Haafiz ibn Hajar and others.

Similarly the Standing Committee issued a fatwa, no. 8689, declaring this hadeeth to be false, as it says in Fataawa al-Lajnah, 4/468. Among the things mentioned in this fatwa which it is worth quoting here is:

What has been narrated from Allaah and from His Messenger concerning the punishment of the one who does not pray is sufficient. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”

[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

And Allaah says of the people of Hell (interpretation of the meaning):

“ ‘What has caused you to enter Hell?’

They will say: ‘We were not of those who used to offer the Salaah (prayers)’”

[al-Muddaththir 74:42-43]

and He mentioned among their attributes the fact that they did not pray.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that stands between us and them is prayer; whoever gives up prayer is a kaafir.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2621; al-Nasaa’i, 431; Ibn Maajah, 1079. classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2113. And there are other verses and ahaadeeth which speak of giving up prayer, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described it as kufr.

See also question no. 2182.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This hadeeth is mawdoo’ (fabricated) and falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is not permissible to propagate it unless it is accompanied by a statement that it is fabricated, so that the people will have a clear understanding about it.

Fataawa al-Shaykh published by the Daw’ah center in ‘Anayzah, 1/6

We ask Allaah to make you steadfast in your keenness to call your brothers and advise them, but you have to make it clear to everyone who is keen to do good for the people and to warn them against evil that it must be done in accordance with that which is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and that there is sufficient material in the saheeh reports that we have no need for the da’eef (weak) material.

We ask Allaah to grant you success and to guide those whom you call and all the Muslims to follow the straight path.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)
Source

Ammar
04-25-2005, 04:52 AM
now which source is right?

kadafi
04-25-2005, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ammar
now which source is right?

The latter one.

Celestial
04-25-2005, 10:42 PM
salaam

The hadeeth, “Whoever neglects prayer, Allaah will send fifteen punishments upon him, six in this world, three when he is dying, three in the grave and three when he emerges form the grave…” is a fabricated (mawdoo’) hadeeth which is falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
what makes you so sure ? where did you find out that its an fabrication?
not that i am contradicting you.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-25-2005, 10:53 PM
The rest of the fatwa comments on that. Scholars of hadith examine the hadith carefully, its text and its chain of narrators to determine its classification. After detailed study, they determined that this hadith was fabricated and could not possibly have been a statement of the Prophet Muhammad saws.

Ibn Syed
04-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Correct answer brother Ansar. I couldn't have said it better than that. :) :D ;) :brother:

*charisma*
04-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

it shouldnt matter what the punishments will be, but that there will be some punishments for all of Allahs punishments are great...so why even skip salaa its a gift subhanallah, what more do u want than to be closer to ur creater, i dont see how ppl can turn it into a chore. we ask for so much yet we do so little subhanallah :'(

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Mu'maneen
04-26-2005, 12:27 AM

it shouldnt matter what the punishments will be, but that there will be some punishments for all of Allahs punishments are great...so why even skip salaa its a gift subhanallah, what more do u want than to be closer to ur creater, i dont see how ppl can turn it into a chore. we ask for so much yet we do so little subhanallah
Subhanallah, you are so right Sister.

The true punishments are alot worse and more terrifying in real life.

Here is one very important Hadith we must take heed of:

Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
"Whosoever abandons the Salat, becomes a Disbeliever (Kafer)"
At-Tirmidhi.

Also, from Authentic Hadith, those who abandon their Prayer, or who's Prayer was not accepted, will perform Wudu with boiling water, and perform their Prayer that they missed, or was not accepted, on a Floor of Fire (Muslim and At-Tirmidhi).

Also whoever leaves their Prayer shall be in Hell, as mentioned in Quran.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Celestial
04-26-2005, 08:18 AM
ansar is there any site where i am able to search hadith and find out if they are fabricated ?

it would really be helpfull. :)

why have you chosen that name btw. if you don't mind me asking ?
do you mean ansar as in the people in madina ?

S_87
04-26-2005, 09:01 AM
i used to believe too
read it in this book called fazaile amaal

gots loadsa fabricated hadiths in that <_<

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Celestial
ansar is there any site where i am able to search hadith and find out if they are fabricated ?
To learn about the sciences of the hadith I suggest the following link:
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Had...dsciences.html

You can also find a list of fabricated hadith here:
http://www.allaahuakbar.net/ahaadeet..._ahaadeeth.htm

Hadith from Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim can be trusted.

why have you chosen that name btw. if you don't mind me asking ?
do you mean ansar as in the people in madina ?
Ansar Al-'Adl = Supporters of Justice

Its that simple. :)

Beblessed
06-16-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Asalamu Alaikum

it shouldnt matter what the punishments will be, but that there will be some punishments for all of Allahs punishments are great...so why even skip salaa its a gift subhanallah, what more do u want than to be closer to ur creater, i dont see how ppl can turn it into a chore. we ask for so much yet we do so little subhanallah :'(

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
True sister Subhana'Allah

SirZubair
06-17-2006, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i used to believe too
read it in this book called fazaile amaal

gots loadsa fabricated hadiths in that <_<
Sahih Bukhari et al are books of hadith. Fada'il al-A'maal is a book of fada'il (virtues). They cannot be compared as you are intending.

There is indeed many a da'if narration in Fada'il al-A'maal. However this is the point, it is a book of virtues, and thats it. Its chapters are aptly named: the virtues of salat, the virtues of sawn, the virtues of tabligh etc. It is not a book of fiqh and no fiqh (nor aqeedah, obviously) is to be taken from it. It was never intended for such.

unknown_JJ
06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
The one who disdains the prayers will receive Fifteen punishments from Allah.

Six punishments in this lifetime Three punishments while dying Three punishments in the grave Three punishments on the Day Of Judgment
THE SIX PUNISHMENTS OF LIFE:
1. Allah takes away blessings from his age (makes his life misfortunate)
2. Allah does not accept his plea (Dua's)
3. Allah erases the features of good people from his face.
4. He will be detested by all creatures on earth.
5. Allah does not award him for his good deeds. (No thawab)
6. He will not be included in the Dua's of good people.

THE THREE PUNISHMENTS WHILE DYING:
1. He dies humiliated.
2. He dies hungry.
3. He dies thirsty. Even if he drinks the water of all seas he will still be thirsty.

THE THREE PUNISHMENTS IN THE GRAVE:
1. Allah tightens his grave until his chest ribs come over each other.
2. Allah pours on him fire with embers.
3. Allah sets on him a snake called "the brave", "the bold" which hits him from morning until afternoon for leaving Fajr prayer, from the afternoon until Isa. With each strike he sinks 70 yards under the ground.

THE THREE PUNISHMENTS ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT:
1. Allah sends who would accompany him to hell pulling him on the face.
2. Allah gives him an angry look that makes the flesh of his face fall down.
3. Allah judges him strictly and orders him to be thrown in hell.

THOSE WHO DO NOT SAY THEIR PRAYERS OF:
FAJAR: the glow of their face is taken away.
ZOHAR: the blessing of their income is taken away.
ASAR: the strength of their body is taken away.
MAGHRIB: they are not benefacted by their children.
ISHA: the peace of their sleep is taken away.

THE HOLY QUR'AN: Say Your Prayers Prior To Prayers For You Are Said".

Qurratul Ayn
07-01-2006, 12:10 PM
:salamext:

Jazak'Allah Khair for that post Sister unknown_JJ, very informative! I have also read the same informstion on somw other source but Thank You anyways.

Allah Hafiz
Qurratul Ayn

S_87
07-01-2006, 12:22 PM
:sl: brother

you might want to check this out
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...PUNISHMENTS+OF

Pk_#2
07-01-2006, 01:30 PM
AsalamuAlaykum, jazakhala both of you :)

Umm Yoosuf
07-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Threads merged. Please search for the topic you wish to post before you post :)

unknown_JJ
07-01-2006, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Threads merged. Please search for the topic you wish to post before you post :)
i do bt somtymz dey save it as somtyn completely different :(

Umm Yoosuf
07-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I know sis.

The trick i learnt is copy and paste the first few sentences of the topic you wish to post then search that insha Allah:)

AbdulHaq
07-01-2006, 10:43 PM

The following is an outright fabrication against Allah's Messenger (saw). The hadith master Hafidh Ibn Hajar (d.852H) described it as "manifest falsehood" (Lisan al-Mizan, 5/pp.295-297). Similarly, Shaykh Abdul Aziz ibn Baz - the former Grand Mufti of the Saudi Arabia - said in his 'Fatawaa' (1/p.97) in reference to this hadith: "It is compulsory on a person who finds a paper containing this hadith that he burns it, and warns anyone he finds spreading this narration (i.e. not to spread it), in order to safeguard the Sunnah of the Prophet from the lies of the liars (who fabricated this hadith)".

http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/hoax/punish.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.