/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do you believe in Allah?

AnonymousPoster
06-30-2006, 05:00 PM
:sl:
I was discussing with my atheist freind about religion, he asked me, Why do you believe in Allah, is it because you need a mighty figure to look up to ?
Is it because of your father, you are blindly following Islam?
I didnt know what to say, dont get me wrong, I pray, I try to be a good muslim, but I had no idea what to say.

My answer would have been, now that Ive thought of it, Allah has created the earth, heaven and hell and me, Allah has given me the gift of life.
- I lost my train of thought whilst writing this.

Can someone help me out, so I can give the perfect answer to my freind.
Thanks

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2006, 05:04 PM
because i do not wish to deny the favours he speaks about in the book in which there is no doubt.

:salamext:

muslim_friend
06-30-2006, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I was discussing with my atheist freind about religion, he asked me, Why do you believe in Allah, is it because you need a mighty figure to look up to ?
The next time you meet ur friend, try to be as simple as possible. Why do we believe in Allah? because we need him, of course.. but He doesn't need us. Allah is a master and not a father. telling him this will help clear a lot mistaken ideas about Allah swt.

Is it because of your father, you are blindly following Islam?
Tell your friend: How can you not believe in God? When He has created a beautiful universe. Always answer from an Islamic perspective.Help your friend understand that Islam is not just another religion, but it is a complete way of life.. this is very important. After you explain the basics..

Tell your friend, that Blind faith is looked down upon in Islam. Muslims are encouraged to find answers and ask questions. Show your friend the miracles in the Qur'an and hopefully that will be enough inshaAllah. May Allah guide your friend to the straight path.

If you want answers to prove the 'Existence of God'.. i'd recommend a superb lecture by Sheikh Yusuf Estes.

You can download it here... "No Brainer!"

- Qatada -
06-30-2006, 07:31 PM

I think you should check this link out:

www.beconvinced.com

and also: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln...QR=34630&dgn=4

This is also in another thread, and it might be helpful in showing what you believe as a muslim insha'Allaah.

We as muslims believe that there is none who should be worshipped except Allaah (the One and Only God.) And we should do good deeds, like pray our 5 daily prayers, fast, pay money and help the poor etc.

Every thing we do in this life is witnessed by Allaah Almighty, and this is why we have to try to do as much good as we can to please Allaah, and try to stop ourselves and others from doing evil - otherwise Allaah Almighty may be displeased with us.

We believe that after every person has died, there will be the final gathering of all the people that have ever lived on the world - every person will be judged by Allaah to see what the person did in this life, was it good or bad? Did they believe in Allaah or did they reject their own Creator?

The ones who did evil and disbelieved in Allaah will be punished in the hellfire, and the believers who did good will be rewarded with paradise where they can have anything they desire.

We believe that since the beginning of time, Allaah has sent messengers to this world to warn the people of the day they will be judged, and told them that they should worship Allaah Alone, and not any other. But the people who disobeyed Allaah - they turned away and they will be judged. The same way the believers will be judged, and each person will be rewarded or punished justly for what they did in this world.

This is why we believe that this life is only temporary, so we should work hard to do as much good as we can to please Allaah. But the people who don't believe in Allaah, or the afterlife think that we only live once - but then you have to ask yourself, why was i created for in this world? And the answer to that is to please Allaah, if you do that - then Allaah will grant you paradise, but if you reject Allaah - then you will be punished for rejecting Allaah Almighty, even though the signs were shown clearly to people in this world.

This is why Allaah Almighty says in the Qu'ran that the believers:

Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire: (Qur'an 3:191)

The believers look at the world and know that Allaah did not create this world for nothing, but it was for a reason - and that reason is that we should worship Allaah,

And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). (Qur'an 51:56)

This worship is in many ways like praying, fasting, helping the needy, being kind to your brother etc. Anything which is good that will please Allaah.

If the people do good in this world and do it to please Allaah;

Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk. (Qur'an 22:23)

But those who disbelieve don't believe on the day of judgement, so they feel they can do anything they want because they don't believe that they will be judged on what they do:

But they reject the hour, and We have prepared a burning fire for him who rejects the hour. (the day of judgement) (Qur'an 25:11)

Allaah Almighty knows best.

If you have anymore questions, please do ask.

Peace.

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
06-30-2006, 11:57 PM
because i'm in love with Allah...

I think the quran gives the perfect solution for every matter.

Muslimaatan
07-01-2006, 12:00 AM
la illaha illa Allah..aah daam..i feel so stressed out lately..:-/

SirZubair
07-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Ahhh,..this one time at band camp...

...anyway,...

..in one of his lectures,shaykh hamza yusuf mentioned how :

an athiest would say "Everywhere i look,i dont see any signs of god.God does not exist!"

A muslim would say "How can you not :? EVERYWHERE i look,ALL i see are signs of god!"

As i read in an authentic hadith once (i cant tell you exectly where,because i cant remember :hiding: )

* "I am in the eyes of my servent whatever they think of me"

* = NOT the exact words from the Hadith,i cant remember how it went 100%

Bro.Fi Sabililah,correct me please :)

Wa'salaam.

Woodrow
07-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Why do I believe in Allah(swt)?

Because I tried not to believe in Him, and it did not work.

Because I can not comprehend a World without him.

Because I have found sufficent evidence to prove to me, that His revealed word is true.

Asyur an-Nagi
07-01-2006, 07:07 AM
why do i believe in Allah?
i had been spiritually lost for almost the half of my age (trying some beliefs and seeking truths), and i found islam, then i found qur'an, then i believe in Allah.

Malaikah
07-01-2006, 07:12 AM

its easier to believe that God does exist compared to the belief that the universe created itself out of nothing!

- Qatada -
07-01-2006, 01:18 PM

Hadith Qudsi 15:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Bukhaari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

more ahadith qudsi [divine hadith]:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...dithqudsi.html

IbnAbdulHakim
07-01-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
because i'm in love with Allah...

I think the quran gives the perfect solution for every matter.
Zaalikal kitaabula raybafeeh :D :D :D

Muezzin
07-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Why do you believe in Allah?
Why not?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-01-2006, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why not?
subhanAllah, 2 words and the best answer! Hek im givin u reps three days in a row for that!
MashALlah

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-01-2006, 03:52 PM
^Lol calm down. I think Woodrow's reply was ace.

SirZubair
07-01-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Hadith Qudsi 15:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Bukhaari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

more ahadith qudsi [divine hadith]:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...dithqudsi.html

Thats the one!

Thanks bro :)

Wa'salaam.

sweetbanana86
07-05-2006, 01:59 AM
You need to ask your friend, why he don't believe in god, tell him to give you reason, and sometimes that makes it easier to explain why you belive the Allah(swt)

Ann
07-07-2006, 11:24 AM
I heard a story once, and .. forgive me because I dont recall all the details and Im sure I wont tell it quite right but I think you'll understand and if you relay it to your friend.. insha allah your story telling ability is better than mine.

Anyway, it is a story of two men.. .. The 1st man.. a man of faith who believed in Allah and said that Allah created the world and everything in it and the 2nd a disbeliever who said the world had no creator. The men agreed to meet to discuss their different points of view. The night before the meeting there was a storm causing the 1st man to be late to the meeting. When he did finally arrive he aplogized and explained that his path to the meeting place entailed crossing a stream which due to the storm had become a river. He explained also that he didnt own a boat but lucky for him he was able to cross the river because the trees came and built themselves into a boat for him.
The 2nd man, said to him.. "I think you mean to say you had to cut the trees and build a boat?".. and the 1st man said "no, I didnt build it, the boat built itself.".. The 2nd man laughed and said.. "sir Im sorry but are you crazy? you expect me to believe that a boat just built itself?"... to which the 1st man replied... " Forgive me sir, you are right the boat did not build itself... but pls tell me... if you could not believe even for one second that one small boat built itself...then how can you ask me or any follower of Allah to believe that our whole universe and everything in it created itself?"

I hope you understand.

------
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Anyway, it is a story of two men.. .. The 1st man.. a man of faith who believed in Allah and said that Allah created the world and everything in it and the 2nd a disbeliever who said the world had no creator. The men agreed to meet to discuss their different points of view. The night before the meeting there was a storm causing the 1st man to be late to the meeting. When he did finally arrive he aplogized and explained that his path to the meeting place entailed crossing a stream which due to the storm had become a river. He explained also that he didnt own a boat but lucky for him he was able to cross the river because the trees came and built themselves into a boat for him.
The 2nd man, said to him.. "I think you mean to say you had to cut the trees and build a boat?".. and the 1st man said "no, I didnt build it, the boat built itself.".. The 2nd man laughed and said.. "sir Im sorry but are you crazy? you expect me to believe that a boat just built itself?"... to which the 1st man replied... " Forgive me sir, you are right the boat did not build itself... but pls tell me... if you could not believe even for one second that one small boat built itself...then how can you ask me or any follower of Allah to believe that our whole universe and everything in it created itself?"

Wow....Masha'Allah! Thats a really good story! :D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 03:41 PM

The submission of man to His Creator is the essence of Islam. The name “Islam” is chosen by God (Allah) and not by man. It is the same unifying Message revealed to all the Prophets and Messengers by Allah and which they spread amongst their respective nations. In its Final form it was revealed to Muhammad (Peace & Mercy of Allah be upon him) as a complete Message to whole mankind. The Lord, Allah, is the True and Only Creator that deserves to be worshipped. No worship is worthy of being given to a stone, statue, a cross, a triangle, Khomeini, Farakhan, Eliajahs, Malcom’s X or Y, Ghandi, Krishna, Guru, Buddha, Mahatma, Emperor, Joseph Smith, Sun, Moon (not to that from Korea too!), Light, Fire, rivers, cows, Rama, Temples, Prophets, Messengers (Yes! Muslims do not worship Muhammad-peace be upon him), Saints, Priests, Monks, Movie Stars, Sheiks, etc.!!! All are created beings or things.

ALLAH, is the Name of the One True God. His Name is not chosen by man and does not have a number or gender. It is known that Allah is the Name of God in Aramaic, the language of our beloved Prophet Jesus and a sister language of Arabic. The Name “Allah” has been used by all previous Prophets starting with Adam and by the last and final Prophet, Muhammad (Peace be upon them all).

The Innate Nature in man recognizes what is good and bad, what is true and false. It recognizes that the Attributes of Allah must be True, Unique, and All-Perfect. It does not feel comfortable towards any kind of degradation of His Attributes not does it qualities to the Creator. Many who became “discontent with God” did so because of the practices of the Church in medieval Europe and because of the claims of “god dwelling in a son” and the concept of the “original sin”. However, they “escaped” into worshipping a new theory called “mother nature” as well as the “material” World. With the advancement of materialistic technology others from different religions adopted the concept of “forgetting about God” and “let us live this life and enjoy it!”, not realizing that they have chosen the worship of the “original god” of Rome: Desire!.As a result the “enjoyment” is turning to “suffering” from AIDS.

NOW we can see that all of this materialistic and secular progress produced a spiritual vacuum that led to complex social, economical, political, and psychological problems. Many of those who “fled” their “religions” are in search again. Some try to “escape” the complexity of their daily lives via various means. Those who had the chance to examine the Qur’an and Islam, proceed with a complete way of life that relates man to establish a purpose for his presence on earth. This is well recognized in the Attributes of Allah and what does He require from man. He does not want man to be enslaved to any false deity: nature, drugs, lust, money, other man, desire, or sex. He provides man with the proofs that He is the One who can redeem so that man can free himself from the slavery to any form of creation and to turn to his Creator Alone. THIS Creator Has Perfect Attributes. He is the First, nothing is before Him, the Ever Living. To Him is the Final Return where everyone will be dealt with in the Most Perfect and Just way. He does not begot nor He is begotten. Those who attribute Divinity to Jesus forget or ignore the fact that Jesus was in a mother’s womb. He needed nutrition; he was born and grew up to be a man. He was trusted with the Gospel as a Message to the Children of Israel: “For there is One God, and one mediator (i.e. a messenger) between God and men (the Children of Israel), the man Christ Jesus) (I Timothy 2:5). A man-messenger calling his nation not to worship him: “But in vain they do worship me!” (Mathew 15:9). A man who needs to eat, walk, sleed, rest, etc.. cannot have Divine Attributes because he is in need and God (Allah) is Self-Sufficient.

AS far as Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Marxism, and Capitalism, there is the devotion of worshipping created being/things in one form or another. Jews had attributed a “Nationalistic” belonging to Allah. They labeled Him “The Tribal God” for the Children of Israel. Men and women following these “religions” were born with the natural inclination of submission to their Creator, Allah. It is their parents who had driven them into their respective traditions. However, once people are exposed to the Signs of Allah around them, or in the Qur’an or to someone who triggers thei Fitra (natural inclination to worship Allah Alone), the reverting process begins and that is why we see a universal spreading of Islam. In the West and despite tha many distortions of Islam in the Media, many admit that Islam may be the fastest growing Faith. No sense of fairness can be achieved without a genuine attempt to know the Word of Allah in the Qur’an and not on the 30-min-Evening News. This is the real challenge for those who seek the Truth. Man is created for a purpose: to live a life in accordance with Allah’s way. Why Not? Do we posses the air we breath? Did we create ourselves or others? Or were we ourselves the Creators? We are limited and weak. So is our right to ignore our Creator where we all need Him?

ISLAM is the submission in worship to Allah Alone and it is the essence of all the Messages sent to all nations before us. Allah is All-Just and All-Wise. He does not intend confusion for His Creation. The religion accepted to Him is the one chosen by Him. Its essence must be One, because He is One. It is free from geographical, racist, and status oriented concepts. It is Perfect and it is the complete way of life. All these qualities are chosen by Allah in His Only Religion: Islam. Its details are in in the Qur’an, read it and come with an open heart because none can expose better than the World of Allah. The Qur’an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad. He did not author it. He was unlettered. Its translation is available in many languages in bookstores or in an Islamic Center close to you. Take the time to read it and come/call the Islamic Center, or speak to someone who re-verted and submitted to Allah Alone.

The Decision is yours!

------
04-08-2007, 03:51 PM

I believe in Allah because;

1) I have been brought up to...

2) I have researched around and inside out of the religion of Islam, and everything points back to Allâh....Subhan'Allâh. :p

3) There is too much evidence to suggest that there is a God, rather than to suggest the opposite. :rollseyes (Don't get into a debate about that please :skeleton: :p)

4) The Qur'an...Subhan'Allâh...so many miracles in that...It ROCKS :D

Last but not least, Alhamdulillâh, when I pray to Allâh, He either answer me, or provides me with something better....and I don't think that can be a 'coincidence' in life...:)

There are lots of other reasons....but those are the main ones ... :D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 03:56 PM

Qur’an 68:44 “Then leave Me alone with such as reject this Message and call Our pronouncements a lie. Systematically by degrees, step by step, We shall punish them in ways they can not even imagine.”

Qur’an 73:11 “Leave Me alone to deal with the believers (those who deny My Verses). Respite those who possess good things for a little while. Verily, with Us are heavy shackles (to bind), a raging fire (to burn), food that chokes, and a torturous penalty of a painful doom.”

Ishaq:393 “Fear Allah that you may be prosperous. Obey Allah and perhaps you may escape from His punishment of which He has warned you and attain His reward which He has made you desire. And fear the fire which He has prepared for the disbelievers, a resort for those who disbelieve Me.”

------
04-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Qur’an 73:11 “Leave Me alone to deal with the believers (those who deny My Verses). Respite those who possess good things for a little while. Verily, with Us are heavy shackles (to bind), a raging fire (to burn), food that chokes, and a torturous penalty of a painful doom.”

Astagfirullâh... :offended:... May Allâh protect us from the painful torment. Ameen.

ummAbdillah
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
salaam
I believe in Allah because everything around me that i can see, hear, feel, smell and touch is proof of Allah's
existance! :)
wa salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.