/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yusuf A.s

3iraqiyya
06-30-2006, 05:36 PM
:sl:

Im sure you all know about the story of the prophet yusuf a.s. The other day while hearing the surah a question suddenly popped into my head..

Ya3qub a.s advised his son yusuf not to inform his brothers about his dream. In his dream he saw the son, moon and the stars (11 or 13) bowing down to him.

Many years later, the interpretation of the dream became true. My question is-

If he already had the dream, does it not mean it will come true whether or not he were to tell his brothers? Because prphets dreams are meaningful. And that means he was pre-destined to become the ruler or the Egypt..you know stocks n everything...?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DAWUD_adnan
06-30-2006, 05:42 PM
if he were to tell maybe they would be even more jealous and do something evne more stupid. but Allah knows best!

3iraqiyya
07-01-2006, 01:49 AM
I dnt think i gave a thorough explanation.

Ya3qub A.S told yusuf a.s not to tell his brothers about the great dream he had (12:5), ((fayakeedu laka kayda)), lest they should do evil against him.

Yusuf a.s had that dream BEFORE his brothers abandoned him in a well, so doesnt that mean his brothers would have thrown him into a well (n that he wouldve been found by passers by..and so on), whether or not he told them? I.e- his life was dictated by the dream he had, not his actions?

:uhwhat Forgive me if im causing a lot of confusion.. Im confused myself

Anyone know?

- Qatada -
07-01-2006, 01:29 PM
:salamext:

Allaahu ta'aala a'lam (Allaah Almighty knows best) sister, but that may just be an example to us so we don't tell a good dream that may have a good meaning to the ones that may envy us or be jealous of us.

Hadith - Bukhari 9:168, Narrated Abu Salama (may Allaah Almighty be pleased with her.)

I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Ahadith on dreams:
http://muttaqun.com/dreams.html

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.