/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do u......... :)

Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 06:35 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Listen up brothers and sisters, me and BIG sis need some help and advice :)

We will be going on holiday soon (Yipeeeee), but this will mean that we will be missing our Maghrib and Esha prayers two days in a row, will it be possible to pray on the plane?

If yes, when will we do this prayer?

What prayer will it be, how many rakah's and will it be the same as usual or a bit like kasr?

Ohh and, how would we know what direction to pray?

Jazakhala khair,

All our love and respect to y'all,

(XXX << 4 the sisters ONLY)

Your sisters JJ n Tj :D

(Notice how my sis made me do some sentences in pink-grrr :grumbling )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
06-30-2006, 06:41 PM
:sl:

if u ask the flight attendants they should let you pray at back so you dont have to pray on your seat. the qibla..it depends where you are going?

Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 06:43 PM
What if it's like a western plane, and you will be going all directions, the Qibla will keep changing, innit..

say i was going Dubai...what direction?

btw what if theres passengers infront of us, would prayer still be valid?

chacha_jalebi
06-30-2006, 07:28 PM
elo ello :D

heres a hadiths about when the Prophet (saw) used to travel & what he did with his salaah, but erm it mentions using the sun so erm gud luck :p

Kuraib reported that Ibn 'Abbas said: "Shall I not inform you of the salah of the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam during a journey?" We said: "Certainly." He said: "If the sun passed its meridian while he stopped, he would combine the zuhr and 'asr prayers before remounting [i.e., moving on]. If the sun had not passed its meridian while he had stopped [i.e., before breaking camp], he would travel until the time of the 'asr prayer and then he would combine the zuhr and 'asr prayers. If the sun set while he had stopped, he would combine the magrib and 'isha prayers. If that did not occur while he had stopped, he would ride until the 'isha time and then combine them." This is related by Ahmad.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 07:33 PM
wow, jazakhala man, so do we stop and turn around if the sun shifts position lol

Also brother whats meridian?

AsalamuAlaykum :)

muslim_friend
06-30-2006, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Also brother whats meridian?
It's when the sun reaches the highest point above us>> noon!

Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Ohh jazakhala khair brothers :)

AsalamuAlaykum!

obada
07-01-2006, 06:23 AM
ok, this question is best answered by a Mufty (a person who is specalized at answering such questions) u can ask one from the link islamway.com (they have an english site too)
however, from my experience, i usually pray while sitting in my seat, and i dont think it matters if there are ppl infront of u, cuz there is a barrier (the seat). for qibla, well i THINK there is "yousr" (ease) in this situation. and for riqats, i would pray the usual "salat musafer" which is Jame and qaser, so for example, u would pray duhur and asir at the same time 2 riqats each. same with magrib and ishaa, 3 riqas magrib, and 2 riqas ishaa. while fajir is prayed on its own. Thats what i usually do; however, this might not be the best thing, so ...

Pk_#2
07-01-2006, 03:51 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

jazakhala khair for the link brother,

yeah usually on journeys we would pray on the seats, but i didn't know if that was the best thing to do on an aeroplane LOL

thanks again!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!