/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Joseph

glo
06-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I am interested to find out whether Joseph, son of Jacob, is known in the Qur'an and is considered a prophet?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rubiesand
06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes, he is known and his story is told in the Qur'an. In fact, it is described there as 'the most beautiful of stories'. His name in Arabic is Yusuf.
If you want to read about it for yourself it is Surah (chapter) 12 in the Qur'an.

rubiesand
06-30-2006, 07:16 PM
To read the Surah of Joseph online, click here.

Pk_#2
06-30-2006, 07:17 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/012.qmt.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
06-30-2006, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
Yes, he is known and his story is told in the Qur'an. In fact, it is described there as 'the most beautiful of stories'. His name in Arabic is Yusuf.
If you want to read about it for yourself it is Surah (chapter) 12 in the Qur'an.
Thanks Rubie

Do you have a link, or can you copy and paste the relevant verses (if it's not too long, that is)

Cheers. :thankyou:

glo
06-30-2006, 07:18 PM
LOL
You two are too quick for me! :giggling:

- Qatada -
06-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi.

I know it may sound abit boring when you see the english text only, but the arabic recitation of it is eloquent, and the best form of poetry you may have ever heard.

Surah (Chapter) 012 - Yusuf (Joseph)

Hope you like it and benefit alot from it.

Peace.

glo
06-30-2006, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Hi.

I know it may sound abit boring when you see the english text only, but the arabic recitation of it is eloquent, and the best form of poetry you may have ever heard.

Surah (Chapter) 012 - Yusuf (Joseph)

Hope you like it and benefit alot from it.

Peace.
Thank you, Fi_Sabilillah

Unfortunately the link doesn't seem to open for me.
All I get is the picture of a big red X :?

On first reading (of the English version) , the story is very similar to the one in the Old Testament.

- Qatada -
07-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi again.

A really good site to see the Qur'an translation in easier english [Muhsin Khan translation], with arabic text:

http://www.quranicrealm.com/

If that previous download didn't work, try these links instead insha'Allaah:

Part 1. (Chapter Yusuf [Joseph.]

Part 2. (Chapter Yusuf [Joseph.]

Part 3. (Chapter Yusuf [Joseph.]

Part 4. (Chapter Yusuf [Joseph.]

Part 5. (Chapter Yusuf [Joseph.]

Part 6. (Chapter Yusuf [Joseph.]

[original site is http://quran.jalisi.com and the recitors name is sa'ad al ghamdi]

The chapter is split up into 6 parts. Like you've noticed above.

But i feel that if you hear the recitation while reading the text, or the translation - it makes the story alot more moving and emotional.. And its even more deeper if one was to know the arabic language itself.

Anyway, thanks for being interested.

Peace.

Pk_#2
07-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Oh cool jazakhala !! Ima nick that too :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-01-2006, 01:41 PM
What is most interesting about surat al Yusuf, is that it is the only chapter told completely in story form. From the beginning to the end, it speaks of the story of NABI YUSUF (as), like a parable. Truly beautiful.
W'salaam

sonz
07-01-2006, 01:47 PM
subhanalah

i love that story. so many examples and lessons to live a righteous life

i love the dua he made to his Lord

"O my Lord! Thou hast indeed bestowed on me some power, and taught me something of the interpretation of dreams and events,- O Thou Creator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my Protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Take Thou my soul (at death) as one submitting to Thy Will (as a Muslim), and unite me with the righteous."

- Qatada -
07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
:salamext:

If anyone wants to download and listen to a top lecture regarding the story of Prophet Yusaf (peace be upon him.)

They can download the tafsir/explanation lecture by Yasir Qadhi from the following link insha'Allaah:

http://www.uponsunnah.com/qadhi.php?

Download: Tafsir of Surat Yusuf

:wasalamex

Pk_#2
07-01-2006, 04:15 PM
AsalamuAlaykyum,

I thought i'd post this cause it ties in with the story of prophet Yusuf (Joseph) pbuh!

Treatment of Cataract (eye disease) from the Qur'an

One of the Swiss pharmaceutical companies has started producing a new medicine called "Medicine of Quran" which allows the treatment of cataract without surgery. As the newspaper Ar-Raya, published in Qatar writes, "this drug which was synthesised by an Egyptian doctor Abdul Basit Muhammad from the secretions of human sweat glands and has an effectiveness of 99 per cent with absolutely no side effects, was registered in Europe and the United States. It is also reported that one of the Swiss companies produces the new drug in the form of liquid and eye drops.

The source of inspiration is Surah(chapter) Yusuf. Dr Abdul Basit Muhammad emphasised that he obtained his inspiration from Surah Yusuf and said: "Once in the morning, I was reading Surah(chapter) Yusuf. My attention lingered over the 84th and successive ayats/ verses).

Go with this shirt of mine, and cast it over the face of my father, he will become clear-sighted, and bring to me all your family"
(Qur'an 12:93)

They tell that Prophet Yakub who was mourning his son Yusuf (peace be upon them) in sadness and grief got his eyes turned white and later when people cast over the sorrowful father's face, the shirt of his son Yusuf, vision returned to him and he was able to see again. Here I started pondering. What could be there in the shirt of Yusuf? Finally I arrived at the decision that nothing except sweat could be on it. I concentrated my thoughts over the sweat and its composition. Then I proceeded to the laboratory for research.

I carried out a series of experiments on rabbits. The results turned out to be positive. Later I performed treatment on 250 patients by administering the drug twice a day for two weeks. Finally I achieved 99 per cent success and said to myself: " This is the miracle of the Quran" Dr Abdul Basit Muhammad presented the results of his research to appropriate institutions in Europe and the United States dealing with patenting of new discoveries for consideration.

After tests and research were performed, he finalised a contract with a Swiss company on the production of the medicine on the condition that the package should clearly mention-"Medicine of Quran."
In the words of the Egyptian scientist, the company accepted his condition and started producing the new drug.
(Courtesy-Ar-Raya,Qatar)

Allah Ta'ala says in the Qur'an-e-Kareem:
We send down from the Qur'an that which is a healing and mercy to those who believe. (QURAAN 17:82).

"Invite all to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
And consult with them in ways that are best and most gracious."
(Al Qur'an, 16:125)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.