/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 4 Muslim men hanged in Pakistan for raping Christian woman

sonz
06-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Associated Press

MULTAN, Pakistan -- Four Pakistani Muslim men were hanged Thursday for gang-raping a Christian woman in 1999, a jail official said.

Police arrested the men shortly after attacking the woman in Faisalabad, an industrial city about 300 kilometers (180 miles) east of Multan, a main city in the eastern Punjab province.

A court later convicted and sentenced them to death and the men lost appeals, including a mercy plea last year to President General Pervez Musharraf.

Faisalabad Jail superintendent Yousaf Ghauri said the men were hanged at the high-security prison early Thursday. Their bodies were handed over to relatives waiting outside the jail.

http://newsinfo.inq7.net/breakingnew...rticle_id=7257

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Panatella
07-01-2006, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
Associated Press

MULTAN, Pakistan -- Four Pakistani Muslim men were hanged Thursday for gang-raping a Christian woman in 1999, a jail official said.

Police arrested the men shortly after attacking the woman in Faisalabad, an industrial city about 300 kilometers (180 miles) east of Multan, a main city in the eastern Punjab province.

A court later convicted and sentenced them to death and the men lost appeals, including a mercy plea last year to President General Pervez Musharraf.

Faisalabad Jail superintendent Yousaf Ghauri said the men were hanged at the high-security prison early Thursday. Their bodies were handed over to relatives waiting outside the jail.

http://newsinfo.inq7.net/breakingnew...rticle_id=7257
Gang raping a woman is a serious crime. The punishment will likely make other men think twice before doing such a thing.

Trumble
07-01-2006, 03:21 AM
It's just a shame there is is such an emphasis on the religions (put that in inverted commas when referring to the rapists) of those involved. Why does it matter that the rapists were 'muslims' or the victim Christian? Why does it even need commenting on? Rape is rape.

Hijrah
07-01-2006, 03:30 AM
if this was America, I doubt that they would emphasize te religion of the people, or wold they?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
root
07-01-2006, 03:32 AM
I have to say, I am a little concerned about this report. I am going to investigate some issues concerning thi case then I will post them here. Pakistan is an Islamic Repuclic and retains certain Shia based laws. Rape being one of those laws that is very questionable.

Malaikah
07-01-2006, 03:46 AM
And why is it questionable root? Do you disagree with the severity of the punishment?

glo
07-01-2006, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It's just a shame there is is such an emphasis on the religions (put that in inverted commas when referring to the rapists) of those involved. Why does it matter that the rapists were 'muslims' or the victim Christian? Why does it even need commenting on? Rape is rape.
I so agree with you, Trumble!

Dahir
07-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Four Pakistani Muslim men were hanged Thursday for gang-raping
Then they aren't Muslims! They are Godless sinners acting upon a savage desire, pretending to be Muslim only because it's a taboo not to be.

Muezzin
07-01-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
Gang raping a woman is a serious crime. The punishment will likely make other men think twice before doing such a thing.
Darn tootin'.

I'm of the *shock-controversial!* opinion that the death sentence should be brought back for rape and murder. People say it's savage, it's vengeful... and I say 'what's your point?' Incarcerating someone for the rest of their natural life is pretty cold when you consider it, too. The truth is, humans are cold, vengeful creatures - and our justice systems throughout the world reflect this. Part of the point of criminal punishment is vengeance after all.

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Also true.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-01-2006, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Then they aren't Muslims! They are Godless sinners acting upon a savage desire, pretending to be Muslim only because it's a taboo not to be.
Did you hear them say kufr? Then please do not make takfeer.
W'salaam

muslim_friend
07-01-2006, 05:05 PM
:confused: I can't believe that Mush., the number 1 slave to america, is following sharia??

- Qatada -
07-01-2006, 05:18 PM

:salamext:

Brother, please repent to Allaah Almighty..

"Whoever addresses a man with Kufr, or says 'Enemy of Allaah' and he is not that, then it returns back upon him"
Hadith reported by Muslim (2/49 - Book of Eemaan).

source: http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:...k&ct=clnk&cd=3

:wasalamex

afriend
07-01-2006, 05:29 PM
A fit punnishment for such a devious deed.....

Woodrow
07-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Dahir,

Please go back and edit your post. It is not right for us to say another person is not Muslim, unless we have heard them say so with their own words and we have reliable witnesses to the statement. We can agree that these men were savages and that they reaped their own justice. But, we have no right to say they are not Muslim, that is truly known only to Allah(swt)

Bittersteel
07-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Rape being one of those laws that is very questionable.
punishment for rape is execution in the Shariah.what do you mean by questionable?

afriend
07-01-2006, 05:49 PM
A person who claims that a beliver is not a beliver, they are not belivers.

glo
07-01-2006, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Asalaamu Alaikum Dahir,

Please go back and edit your post. It is not right for us to say another person is not Muslim, unless we have heard them say so with their own words and we have reliable witnesses to the statement. We can agree that these men were savages and that they reaped their own justice. But, we have no right to say they are not Muslim, that is truly known only to Allah(swt)
Would it be acceptable to say that their action was non-Islamic?

Bittersteel
07-01-2006, 09:52 PM
yeah.

Woodrow
07-01-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Personaly I believe that would be acceptable under most conditions. Maybe an even better way would be to say, "I can not find any Islamic justification for their actions" although that would become a bit difficult to handle in day-to-day postings or conversations.

The point being none of us has the right to judge another. Although it is obvious some actions will arouse anger in us and we will not be able to see any justification for them.

glo
07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
yeah.
Hi Emir Aziz

Can you explain the meaning of your avatar, which incorporates the Star of David, the Cross and the Crescent?

Thanks.

glo
07-01-2006, 09:56 PM

The point being none of us has the right to judge another. Although it is obvious some actions will arouse anger in us and we will not be able to see any justification for them.
I understand that, and I agree with it.

Bittersteel
07-01-2006, 10:00 PM
coexistence.

Looking4Peace
07-01-2006, 10:01 PM
That is horrible i cant imagine being gang raped, they deserve death because that girl is never going to forget the hurt, this is why i laugh when a rapist in jail gets raped by his gay cell mate, how does it feel buddy.

glo
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
coexistence.
Cool! Thanks. :)
(You are a man of few words, aren't you?) :giggling:

peace.

Umar001
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Did you hear them say kufr? Then please do not make takfeer.
W'salaam
am not sure on what takfeer is but I agree with this sister.

Umar001
07-01-2006, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
this is why i laugh when a rapist in jail gets raped by his gay cell mate, how does it feel buddy.

How do you know when it happens for you to laugh??

Looking4Peace
07-01-2006, 10:04 PM
it does plenty my uncle works in a prison and knows who does what crime and who gets man raped and its a great payback, but death sounds even better;D

Umar001
07-01-2006, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
it does plenty my uncle works in a prison and knows who does what crime and who gets man raped and its a great payback, but death sounds even better;D

lol i said it thinking you were gonna get mad at me for askin what seems to be a stupid question.

little did I know you got inside information! haah

azim
07-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Asalaamu alaykum wr wb.

I can't help but feel there is a political motivation behind the punishment.

Rape = Death. Shariah is quite clear about this as backed up by Prophetic hadith.

However, there have been many other cases of rape where women having had a very hard time getting justice.

May Allah keep us all guided and save us and our loved ones.

Dahir
07-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I hope so. I'm sorry I was so judgmental in my earlier post, but those men do deserve criticizm of the worst kind.

Bittersteel
07-01-2006, 11:34 PM
yes since they commited crimes of the worst kind.

Dahir
07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
yes since they commited crimes of the worst kind.
My point exactly.

Woodrow
07-01-2006, 11:58 PM
My point exactly.
It is very understandable that all of us will have problems in finding the exact words to describe our feelings towards those men. It is important that we let people know that rape is not condoned in Islam. We do want to dissaociate ourselves from those who commit atrocities.

Your point is understood Dahir, and on a personal basis I do agree with you. However, we still can not sit in Judgement as whether or not they are Muslim.

NEM
07-02-2006, 12:19 AM
It is very understandable that all of us will have problems in finding the exact words to describe our feelings towards those men. It is important that we let people know that rape is not condoned in Islam. We do want to dissaociate ourselves from those who commit atrocities.

Your point is understood Dahir, and on a personal basis I do agree with you. However, we still can not sit in Judgement as whether or not they are Muslim.
What Occurs over and over in this scene:
Christian Sister said No towards unholy advances for fleshly act.
Woman said No unrighteously towards Sister saying No righteously.
Unholy angelic force of Fallen angel attacked Sister acting without Might or righeousness...
Truth is:
Unholy Angelic force was once a servant Angel of Man in the Heavens before
they were cast down by the Almighty Man to the Face of this dark place.
We are here with them.
Watch over each other as Holy Man watches over us.

Do not battle whether or not they are Muslims...

End scene:
Unholy angel came for the weakened souls who provided the path for an attack upon the Christian sister.
Lord was not sought for power before it came against their souls - they perished in sin.

umm-sulaim
07-02-2006, 12:35 AM
SubhanaAllah, we can`t say to any muslim that he isn't one, even when you know his actions are/would take him/her out of the fold of islam, the ulamaah have said we say that this person is faasiq, evil doer, and we say his actions are those of kufr, dibelief, and here those men raped a women(yes, thats an evil horrible action), but they didn`t comit shirk, if Allah the merciful says in the qur'aan that he forgives everything but shirk, (associating partners) then who are we to judge!!
May Allah forgive them for their sins, and forgive us all!

Dahir
07-02-2006, 01:15 AM
^^^I've already apologized, but thanks for informing me.

Bittersteel
07-02-2006, 07:31 AM
I wasn't calling them Non-Muslim.

umm-sulaim
07-02-2006, 08:32 AM
^^^I've already apologized, but thanks for informing me.
Ok, then i'm in the wrong, afwan!

Annie
07-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Salams
i totally agree with trumbles comment, good point to highlight excuse my spelling
Wasalam
Annie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.