/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Little Help Please

SilentAssassin
06-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I am a muslim brother living in the u.k aged 16. I desperately want to learn this beautiful language of uru but is hard to get help from my family. What is the best way to learn and is there anywhere online that someone can recommend that is a easy way to learn this language. Please help, just a point in the right direction, give me the key and i will open the door. Barakalafique

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SilentAssassin
06-30-2006, 09:34 PM
sorry, i meant to say urdu, not uru

era
06-30-2006, 09:44 PM
:sl:

its a good and nice idea to learn urdu:) but its hard to learn on line

firt to learn urdu you must remember the urdu alphabets which i have given below

then start reading short story books news papers etc
if you have any dout plz tel me

glo
06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by era

firt to learn urdu you must remember the urdu letter which i have given below

What do you mean?
How can you possibly read (and presumably understand) stories written in Urdu by just knowing the letters of the alphabet? :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
06-30-2006, 09:52 PM
^ lol i guess just try to put the letters together and come up with some reasonable sound :p

SilentAssassin
06-30-2006, 09:53 PM
isn't there some kind of website out there that teaches step by step. There must be one

H4RUN
06-30-2006, 09:54 PM
aslamualaikum warakhmatulla
urdu!? LOL aah i think u need my former urdu teacher at school, but erm i wouldnt really advise that, simple reason, erm he a bit 'dodgy' lol...he says the romans built pyramids and theres a 100 mintues in a hour, unless all our claas is just plain stupid we found that extremely hilarious lol, but erm to the point, well dont really know any urdu sites, although i do know a urdu dictionary site lol, let me know if your interested lol
wa'alaikumsalam

glo
06-30-2006, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^ lol i guess just try to put the letters together and come up with some reasonable sound :p
Yeah, you could try that. And it might be fun. But how do you know what it means???:?

Era,
how do you say 'hello' and 'how are you?' and 'good bye' in Urdu?
Any chance you can write it in Urdu lettering and also in the European alphabet?
That would be great! :)

peace

era
06-30-2006, 09:55 PM
What do you mean?
How can you possibly read (and presumably understand) stories written in Urdu by just knowing the letters of the alphabet
:giggling:
oh sorry i forget to say i mean if you have urdu speaking people around you know the basic words meanings if you learn the urdu alphabets then you can read urdu

its very easy to learn urdu i think

ok first you tel me can you read the given alphabets ?

afriend
06-30-2006, 09:57 PM

firt to learn urdu you must remember the urdu alphabets which i have given below

JazakAllah sister!

SilentAssassin
06-30-2006, 10:07 PM
if anyone out there is readin this thread and knows a good article (no matter how long) about learning urdu or someone knows a good website for learning urdu please send tht in a PM

era
06-30-2006, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Yeah, you could try that. And it might be fun. But how do you know what it means???:?

Era,
how do you say 'hello' and 'how are you?' and 'good bye' in Urdu?
Any chance you can write it in Urdu lettering and also in the European alphabet?
That would be great! :)

peace
sure brother

hello--khush aamadeed--خوش آمديد
how are you-- aap kisay ho-- bro i cant write it in urdu bcos here is no pa in arabic key board. and the site of urdu k.b is not open:(

good buy-- khuda hafiz-خدا حافظ

can you read it?

Umm___
07-01-2006, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentAssassin
if anyone out there is readin this thread and knows a good article (no matter how long) about learning urdu or someone knows a good website for learning urdu please send tht in a PM.
:sl: akhi,

I have found some sites on internet, I hope it's useful to you inshaALLAH

http://www.ukindia.com/zurdu1.htm

you can find some words and sentences in urdu on this link

http://www.languageshome.com/English-Urdu.htm

:w:

glo
07-01-2006, 06:59 AM
sure brother

hello--khush aamadeed--خوش آمديد
how are you-- aap kisay ho-- bro i cant write it in urdu bcos here is no pa in arabic key board. and the site of urdu k.b is not open:(

good buy-- khuda hafiz-خدا حافظ

can you read it?
I think I can read it ... at least phonetically (i.e. by pronouncing the letters as they appear).
Should I dare try it on my Urdu speaking neighbours??? :rollseyes

Thanks. :thankyou:

era
07-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Should I dare try it on my Urdu speaking neighbours
sure 100% brother:thumbs_up

era
07-01-2006, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
she's 100% sister :p
:D mistake:omg:

SilentAssassin
07-01-2006, 10:40 PM
thabks alot. you guys been a great help

snakelegs
07-01-2006, 11:35 PM
hi,
check this out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/urdu/204...urdu+resources

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!