/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Istikhaara?

limitless
06-30-2006, 11:37 PM
:sl:

What is Istikhaara? I hear this a lot, and yes I am not very knowledged , I did a search in the forum but could not find any answer. Can someone answer it with an example? Thank you

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anonymous.92
07-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Sorry this might not be the perfect definition. Istikhara is a prayer used to decide whether something is correct or not. For example if a person wants to get married and the person is unsure if they should marry the proposer or not etc. It is said before going to bed and the person should repeat it for 7 days. The person saying the salah and dua should get a dream stating whether is decision is correct or incorrect. If the person doesn't get a dream he/she will wake up with the knowledge of what is the correct decision.

Malaikah
07-01-2006, 02:05 AM
salam theres a sticky thread in the cyber counscelling section about it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.