/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islamic emails

obada
07-01-2006, 07:05 AM
:sl:
i dont know about you, but i have recieved lots of emails where there would be lots of thikr (like 300 copy-pasted phrases that say subhan Allah, alhamdu li Alla, and la ilaha illa Allah) and the sender would request you to repeat each phrase one by one. Then the worst part comes in, which is at the end of the email, where they say that if you do not forward this messege to at least 30 ppl, u will have bad luck (and the email offers examples about ppl having bad luck) and on the contrary, it gives examples of ppl having good luck after forwarding this email. and after every 20 phrases it calculates u how many hasanats uve gained so far. Anyways, i hope u know what i am talking about, and i would like to know ur openions about such emails.
:brother:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
07-01-2006, 07:10 AM

yeh i hate those emails becuase of the silly messages at the end about curses and rewards etc.

SirZubair
07-01-2006, 07:15 AM
My opinion on such emails...

...it all starts with good intentions.

But by the end of the email,it takes a wicked,wicked,twisted turn.

If it ends with "Do thikr,allah swt will reward you",..thats a fact,and thats acceptable.

But emails that end with "If you dont fwd this,you will have bad luck" , it REALLY Peevs me off,just as much as emails which say crap such as "look at these images,they created by Hindus,they are putting down muslims"... and then i recieve the same image in my email weeks later and it says "jews created this image,they are putting down muslims.."

There are alot of muslims out there that need to grow up.

The last person who emailed me (who WAS a good friend of mine) one of those emails saying 'fwd this or else blahblah..." i emailed her back saying "Please,in the future,if you have something benefical to share,DO SO,if not,the keep it to yourself.I do not have the time for this sort of rubbish"

I havent heard from her since.

Allhumdulilah,its worked out pretty well....

Wa'salaam.

p.s Sorry for going off topic,but i dislike alot of things i get emailed by alot of Muslims.

p.p.s like i said,allhumdulilah,it is good that they send it with good intentions,but if it is full of lies at the end,then that defeats the purpose of the entire email.

SirZubair
07-01-2006, 07:19 AM
And there are those other emails,...

"This girl threw a copy of the Quran on the ground,the next day she turned into a dog"

"A girl watched TV during ramadan,a snake came out of the TV and ate her"

..All i have to say to such emails is,..I FEAR ALLAH,i do not fear such lies.

Wa'salaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
07-01-2006, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by obada
i dont know about you, but i have recieved lots of emails where there would be lots of thikr (like 300 copy-pasted phrases that say subhan Allah, alhamdu li Alla, and la ilaha illa Allah) and the sender would request you to repeat each phrase one by one. Then the worst part comes in, which is at the end of the email, where they say that if you do not forward this messege to at least 30 ppl, u will have bad luck (and the email offers examples about ppl having bad luck) and on the contrary, it gives examples of ppl having good luck after forwarding this email. and after every 20 phrases it calculates u how many hasanats uve gained so far. Anyways, i hope u know what i am talking about, and i would like to know ur openions about such emails.
Similar e-mails are common in the non-Islamic world, too.

I find the good-luck-thing very disturbing.
Firstly, it is emotional blackmail ... 'if you don't do such-and-such, something terrible will happen' ...
Secondly, it is pure superstition. Does placing importance on suerstition not border on shirk? :?

I always delete such e-mails, and never have passed one on.
I will have no part in spreading such nonsense! :heated:

Peace.

obada
07-01-2006, 07:30 AM
exactly, glad to c ppl sharing ALMOST the same experience (turned into a dog)
(snake out of a TV). i have had one of those exaples of good luck ones, where a guy winns a lottery after forwarding the email to 30 ppl (SUBHAN ALLAH)
ironically, lottery turns out to be haram

SirZubair
07-01-2006, 07:33 AM
I recieved one which said "Fwd this to (some #) people and you will be given $(some amount of money)"

So i emailed the person back saying "Cash first,i'll fwd this later"

Im still waiting for the cash..:rollseyes

Far7an
07-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Someone give him a puppy.

*LJ*
07-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Asalamu alaikum,

Lol alpha dude, that was funny, but I got one not so different the other day, about some baby who was dying from cancer or something and sayin if you forward it aol will donate so many pence towards treating the baby or something, I can't stand those emails.

The ones about you getting bad luck or cursed don't bother me because I don't really believe in luck anyway. You just got to try and ignore them.

The ones that really get to me, and I know the people sending them probably have good intentions, are the ones where they have a really good Islamic message and give hadiths on a certain issue or something like that but then at the end they say something like "If you love Allah(swt) forward this to all the people in your contact list". I mean, if it didn't say that at the end then I would probably forward some of them, but that completely puts me off, to me its just like making people guilty and your love for Allah(swt) doesn't depend on you forwarding emails when you could probably spend your time doing something more beneficial. I'm not saying they're all bad, some of them are really helpful and give good advice alhamdulillah, its just that bit at the end which bugs me.

I was wondering if anyone else gets ones like that? What do you think?

May Allah (swt) guide us all, ameen.

Salam:)

aamirsaab
07-01-2006, 09:41 AM
I got one of these like 2 days ago - 'I'm 7 years old, I have lung cancer and a brain tumour from severe beatings, Forward this email and i get 7 cents to pay for operation from make a wish foundation, blah blah etc.' - now, clearly that's going to get anyone forwarding it - I mean, who would want a 7 year old's death on their consience.

One problem arises when you have received at least once before. From the same person. The second problem arises when you take the context of the email: how many 7 year olds do you know that have lung cancer and a brain tumour. And how many 7 year olds with those conditions know how to send an e-mail?

Ahh, flippin things give me a headache - i could rant about it all day and still keep getting them.

p.s; www.maniacmuslim.com has a great article on this.
p.p.s; did anyone receive the email that send if you don't send it, you will die? I got it like every 3 months.

Pk_#2
07-01-2006, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by obada
AsalamuAlaykum, silly people don't send them around!!

1) Superstition? hello? Good luck? bad luck? like wt*

There is no such thing as luck even my 2 year old lil bruva knows that!

2) Nobody knows how many rewards your getting for each specific thing unless it says so in the Quran or hadith.

3) It's opinions**

WalaykumSalaam bro! :)

obada
07-02-2006, 05:10 AM
SirZubair: clever idea "cash first"

Alpha Dude: hehehehe that was funny, i think i recieved a similar one, but thats way too funny, ppl so poor yet have a computer, and not only that, but also an internet connection. I wonder y ppl spent their time making such lame messages.

*LJ*: yeah ur right, but we should be strong, and not feel guilty about forwarding them since they might even do the opposite of the good intention

aamirsaab: thanx for the link , and yeah, i got one that says, u might die in car accedint if u dnt send it (pretty wierd).

tasmiyah_B: ur right, no such thing as luck. However, i like this statement by Stephen Leacock, it says: "I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work at it, the more I have of it."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.