/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where to study Islam?

uzayyr
07-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Wasalaamu alaykum wa wahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I'm a brother from Sweden interested in studying Islam and making hijra inshaAllah, and was thinking of moving to Egypt or Yemen or.. suggestions?

And plesae list the universities inshaAllah and what school of fiqh they may be influenced by, if at all..

May Allah gide us on the right path

//Brother U'zayyr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salah ad-din
07-01-2006, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by uzayyr
Wasalaamu alaykum wa wahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I'm a brother from Sweden interested in studying Islam and making hijra inshaAllah, and was thinking of moving to Egypt or Yemen or.. suggestions?

And plesae list the universities inshaAllah and what school of fiqh they may be influenced by, if at all..

May Allah gide us on the right path

//Brother U'zayyr
As salaamu alaikum!
It doesn't matter where you study Islam. It's who you study under.

Maryam22
07-03-2006, 08:16 AM
:sl:
check out this website. it describes the islamic unis in saudi. im not saying that saudi is the place to go, but since you asked, i think, inshallah, you'll be interested.
okay, its not loading on my comp, but try: bakkah.net. look to the left side of the screen and it should have a link called 'studying aboard'
let me know if it dosn't work.
:sl:

07-03-2006, 08:34 AM
:welcome: to the forum. Have a beneficial stay!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
scentsofjannah
07-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Asalaam Alaikum brother Uzayr

i would recommend Yemen, Mauritania and Egypt, Syria...there are many places there where you can study the different Islamic Sciences.

Also I know an Iranian brother from Sweden whos best friends with an Argentinian brother, this Argentinian brother runs an Islamic Institute in Sweden and he has also spent time in Syria and Yemen studying Aqeedah Fiqh etc..he also arranges for people to travel to Yemen and hes in touch with some of the best Ulama there..so give me a pm if you're interested then ill give you the contact details of that brother and you can ask him about Hijrah...

Peace

scentsofjannah
07-04-2006, 07:07 AM
its very affordable to study in Yemen and Mauritania in the other countries its quite costly..there are two excellent institutes in Yemen ..one for arabic and the other for islamic fiqh, spirituality..they even have accomadation and people from around the world go there too

syilla
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
u can also try in our international islamic university (iium). But i think...is not where you study but how you study....

scentsofjannah
07-04-2006, 09:47 PM
okay brother i just realised you're a limited member so that means you're not allowed to pm before 50 posts.

so heres the web address http://www.al-ghazali.org/ the iranian brother has gone on holiday but inshaAllah you can contact the owner of Al Ghazali Institute

Dar Al Mustafa Institute

Dar al-Mustafa is an educational institute established for the study of traditional Islamic Sciences. It was founded in 1414 AH (1993 CE) in the city of Tarim, in the blessed valley of Hadramawt, Yemen.
The Dar al-Mustafa campus was officially opened in Dhul-Hijjah, 1417 AH (May, 1997 CE).

The founders and teachers of Dar al-Mustafa are dedicated to training their students to achieve three main goals:
The acquisition of authentic Islamic knowledge (shari`ah) as established by the scholars of ahl as-sunna wa al-jama`ah: this knowledge, which is received through an unbroken chain of transmission from the Prophet Muhammad , is to be attained, realized, and implemented in the student's life.
The purification of the soul and the refinement of character by learning and following prophetic examples of moral conduct and noble demeanor.
The dissemination of the message brought by the Prophet Muhammad and spreading the call to Islam using a methodology based on mercy, truthfulness, sincerity, high opinions of others, and a commitment to act upon one's faith.

Thus, the central purpose of Dar al-Mustafa, as indicated by these goals, is the attainment of beneficial knowledge by learning from the people who possess it, acting upon this knowledge in an exemplary way, and calling to Allah with true insight and discernment.

Student Life

Students in Dar al-Mustafa live in a dormitory-type setting. Long hallways contain rooms that are each occupied by 12 students. The residents of every room are lead by a Room Manager (mushrif).

The mushrif can act as a student's liaison to the school officials, if need be.

The relatively simple rooms, which are equipped with air conditioners and ceiling fans, are furnished with small desks for each student and small individual closets. Students typically sleep on thin mattresses or comforters. The Dar al-Mustafa campus is a multi-story structure with several hallways on each floor. Each hallway has a community bathroom with toilets, wudu, and ghusl facilities.

All students eat in a common dining hall for three meals a day. There is a convenience store on campus where students can buy refreshments, snacks, and some amenities during certain hours of the day. There is also a small bookstore where students can purchase notebooks and other learning materials as well as the books in the school curriculum. A small infirmary is available to students and is equipped to handle minor medical needs or illnesses.

Classes, which are conducted in learning circles (halaqas), are held in the main prayer hall as well as in some additional classrooms. Learning circles contain an average of 10 to 12 students, although some circles can be much larger and some much smaller.

Below is a typical schedule of a student's day at Dar al-Mustafa (exact times may vary):

03:45am - wake up for tahajjud and adhkar

05:00am - pray Fajr

05:30am - Quran recitation and adhkar

06:00am - 1st class: Jurisprudence (fiqh)

06:50am - 2nd class: Arabic grammar (nahw)

07:40am - break for exercise and breakfast

09:00am - 3rd class: Hadith or Theology (aqidah)

09:50am - 4th class: Quranic exegesis (tafsir)

10:40am - nap time (qaylulah)

12:30pm - wake up and pray Zuhr

01:15pm - Quran recitation

01:45pm - break for lunch and daytime duties

04:00pm - pray Asr

04:45pm - 5th class: Sciences of the Heart

06:15pm - break

06:45pm - pray Maghrib

07:15pm - 6th class: Jurisprudence (fiqh)

08:15pm - pray `Isha

08:40pm - eat dinner

09:20pm - study time for reviewing material and homework

11:00pm - lights out

more information >> http://www.daralmustafa.org

amirah_87
07-04-2006, 10:56 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i studied in Yemen alhamdulillah....and i'll advise all my muslim Sisters Aand Brothers to go there aswell!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
^ I agree with Sis amirah_87 Go to Yemen to study Islam in it's essence!! It's extremely affordable and lessons are for free and there is a wide range of subjects to study, Fiqh, Mawaareeth, Usool, Hadeeth,Qur'an, Arabic language.....anything in relation to Islamic studies Masha'allah, It's all for you to choose. The camp is run by Sheikh Yahya al-Hajooree hafidhahullah.

scentsofjannah
07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Yemen is a beautiful country and has many many excellent scholars of the different Islamic sciences whether it be Fiqh ( Islamic jurisprudence), Sharia (Islamic law)or Tazkiyah(Islamic science of the purification of the soul/nafs) etc

btw there is also another institute for sisters its called Dar Az Zahra i think ..the female branch of Dar Al Mustafa.

uzayyr
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
wasalaamu alaykum!

JazakAllah khayr for the help!

Are there alternatives in Yemen besides the above mentioned?
I also forgot to say that I was going to bring my wife, and inshaAllah by the time we leave also my son or daughter (she's pregnant).

wasalaamu alaykum wrwb

- Qatada -
07-05-2006, 09:28 PM
:salamext:

You may also want to ask on this forum akhi: www.uponsunnah.com

May Allaah azawajal bless your hijrah, your family and islam. ameen. May Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala send eternal peace and blessings upon His beloved Prophet, his family and the muslim ummah. May we all die in the state of islam and gain jannah al firdaws. ameen.

:wasalamex

umm-sulaim
07-05-2006, 11:51 PM
I agree with everyone here who said Yemen (been there), its really cheap, people are down to earth, but above all that the markaz/camp they have is really good if you're seeking knowledge,lessons are taught all the time, and they're free, i mean Damaaj, but theres also another camp called shihir in Hadhramawt, its really good too. They teach everything arabic, fiqh, science of hadeeth, aqeedah........
Although shihir still needs more female teachers, but in Damaaj women are have excellent lessons too.
May Allah make it easy for you.

scentsofjannah
07-06-2006, 12:52 AM
theres loads of places to study in Syria, Morroco and Egypt, Mauritania, Jordan too

Studying In Egypt http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/studyegypt.msnw

there is Al Azhar the oldest university in the world, and the cost of living is cheap.(You can study all four madhabs there)

~~~~~~~~

Studying In Morroco http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/learningmorocco.msnw

Al-Qarawayin most prestigious univercity following the Maliki School of Thought.

~~~~~~~~

Studying in Yemen http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/learningtarim.msnw

~~~~~~~~

Studying in Jordan http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/learningjordon.msnw

Al Qasid Institute

~~~~~~~~~~

Studying In Syria http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/learningsyria.msnw

there is Mahad al-Falah In Damascus and In Halab there are many good sharia colleges

also check the website of the foundation of the late Grand Mufti of Syria Shaykh Ahmed Kuftaro in Damascus

http://www.abunour.net/english/ for

1. The Institute of Arabic Language and Islamic Sciences For Non-Arabic Speakers (ITALIS) and

2. Intensive Arabic Language Courses

~~~~~~~

Studying in Mauritania and the school of Murabit al Haj( the teacher and spirtual guide of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf) go here for more info http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/studymauritania.msnw

http://www.ikitab.com/portal/ikitab/...10926040259193

~~~~~

for more information and a chance to talk to some students studying in the various countries go here

http://groups.msn.com/TheHabaib

:w: :)

soudiii
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
salam aleykum sister. im wondering wich school did u go to in yemen? im from sweden and want to go to yemen to study islam and maybe take a bachelor degree in something. do u have any advice i would really appreciate that
jazakallah kheir

brotherubaid
05-20-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ I agree with Sis amirah_87 Go to Yemen to study Islam in it's essence!! It's extremely affordable and lessons are for free and there is a wide range of subjects to study, Fiqh, Mawaareeth, Usool, Hadeeth,Qur'an, Arabic language.....anything in relation to Islamic studies Masha'allah, It's all for you to choose. The camp is run by Sheikh Yahya al-Hajooree hafidhahullah.
Yes if u could get to dammaj ,it would benefit u alot like the sister said , Sheik Yahyaa al hajooree is running it aftre the great scholar sheikh muqbil bin hadi al wadiee rahimahullah.

If not yemen i suggest u go to study in saudia , U got scholars all over the place and InshahAllah u can enrol in coleges n universities n institutes there as well. even if u dont enrol u can still benefit from lots of scholars there and also students of knowledge.

May Allah amke it all easy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.