/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Off line - life without the internet

manaal
07-02-2006, 04:10 AM
I'm finally back after a week 'cos my phone line wasn't working! No internet access for a week! :rollseyes
Its still not working and I'm at my mum-in-law's at the moment typing this! ;D

So I thought of starting this thread to find out how your life would be affected without the internet! I mean, it reminded that I depend on it a lot for info, recipes, to keep in touch, as a hobby (this forum) and so much more. Lots of my important messages to be sent got delayed, I couldn't check in on my threads, I wanted to get a recipe for preparing fettucini and I had to send some pictures to my sister! Couldn't do any of those without the three tiny letters that spell: www :statisfie

I had to prepare some questions for an islamic quiz for my school and was palanning to get most of it from this forum. I also had to look up
a few ahadeeth on sahih bukhari. ended up doing it all manually. took up a lot of my time!!!!!

So, what about you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
07-02-2006, 04:20 AM
lol my life without internet means that i'll need to get a 'life replacement'

just about everything i do depends on the internet in some way :p

salam

ps: lol even when im not on the computer i've always got links to the net.. mob fone, sms, mms, gprs, ptt lol

Dahir
07-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Life Without Internet? Not physically possible for me.

Me personal eco-system depends on it.

Without internet:

My mind drifts away resorting only to television and "friends" for entertainment and education.:argue:

Slowly, my mind loses sanity.:enough!:

My mind goes hungry for internet acces.:p

I start acting physically for my mind, I start to go hungry although I've eaten prior to this post.:embarrass

Afterwards, my hunger turns into anger, then into violence.:grumbling

I commit a crime, assault on a neighbor.:hiding:

Neighbor calls cops, I bite cop.:p

Cop calls for backup, I get arrested.:omg:

I fight the guards in prison, they club me to death!:hiding: :skeleton:

Life without Internet? Insha Allah that NEVER happens.:confused:

piXie
07-06-2006, 11:37 AM
i thought i could survive without the net...but i cant really....well i have to go online atleast sometimes....dont matter if iv got loads of other things to do..
im online and doing other stuff too at th same time (eg. working ) :p
it works fine for me

cus women can do loads of things at once.....;)

format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
:sl:

when i was off for exams n then... intenet at home...
internet.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Well I can't survive without the net!

07-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Ok this is probably gonna sound wierd but i don't actually have the net at home... yet. So any time that i'm online is in college/library. Ever since i joined this forum i have been totally addicted though so i can't wait till we get the net:) But i don't know how i'm gonna manage the summer hols...:(

piXie
07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
^^ just come over to my place....;)

i will give u a short go, enuf to keep u goin :p

07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Tee hee.. u bet i will ;) oh btw Mrs Appleby's back where are u we'll go 2gether..

Hijaabi22
07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Lol I can live without the internbet waste of time all i use it 4 is dis forum and msn and erm downloadin erm music erm i mean erm nasheeds :)

Nawal89
07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
one time my interent was down for two weeks. I survived tho it was very depressing .

SirZubair
07-06-2006, 12:25 PM
I can live without it,but i choose not to live without it.

If it was'nt the internet,i'd be watching t.v or playing on my ps2 most of the time,..and well,TV is Crap,..and im tired of playing on my ps2.

Wait,theres always the two distance learning programs im doing!...

..naaah,i cant be bothered right now :p

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

the net @ home was off for like a month or so!, it was depressing but i did go to the net shop down the road from time to time , so i was alright!!

wa alaykum ass salaam

Sis786
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM
I dont have internet at home but it would be boring at work i mean i would be forced to.........................WORK aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

07-06-2006, 12:30 PM
^^wow i didn't know u had net shops at venus;)

MuslimChap
07-06-2006, 04:12 PM
For me it's a good way to keep up to date with a lot of things, like different news for example, so I'd miss it, but not having it would have its benefits too. Obviously one is that I'd waste less time on it. That would mean I'd spend more time on something that's more important.

amirah_87
07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
^^wow i didn't know u had net shops at venus;)
what you on about sis ..we're the ones who make your computers!! ;D ;D

*HUMANS!* :heated:

glo
07-06-2006, 04:17 PM
You know, this thread is making me think. I spend a lot of time on the computer ... perhaps too much.
I am considering taking a computer fast!
There must be more worthy ways to spend my time than on the internet! :rollseyes

peace

Sis786
07-06-2006, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
You know, this thread is making me think. I spend a lot of time on the computer ... perhaps too much.
There must be more worthy ways to spend my time than on the internet! :rollseyes

peace
Are you looking for sponsors of this fast!:giggling:

Ghazi
07-06-2006, 04:21 PM

Since I've been practasing I don't spend much time socializing cause theres too much fitnah and the net has become a tool I can't do without.

glo
07-06-2006, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Are you looking for sponsors of this fast!:giggling:
A sponsored fast ... now there's an idea! ;D

No, I was more thinking about a spiritual journey - getting rid of at least one major distraction in my life ... making more time for God! :statisfie

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 04:24 PM
I dont have internet at home but it would be boring at work i mean i would be forced to.........................WORK aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sis I know what you mean ;D ;D I'm working too and on those terrible days when the internet is off I am literally half mad by the time the day is over-:giggling: internet keeps me going I guess:statisfie

Sis786
07-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Im not on here in my spare time its only when im at work and meant to be working that im on here. So i think im ok!

Mawaddah
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
^ Doesn't your boss ever find out? :p

Muezzin
07-06-2006, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

peace
I'd say your quite well-adjusted then.

We shouldn't really rely on an Internet forum...

Sis786
07-07-2006, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ Doesn't your boss ever find out? :p
He did find out once and he was like what you doing on the forums i dont pay you for that. But hes ok about it as long as the job is done and the clients aint complaining he's ok!

manaal
07-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Internet is still off. I'm at my school computer lab now typing this!

I've discovered that I have more time to attend to my house work now that the net is off. But I can't wait for the re-connexion all the same!

I also find that I sleep more which is bad.

:thankyou: Glad everyone likes this thread.

manaal
07-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Finally, got re-connected! Thank you Allah. :happy:
What a releif this is. I can look uo that recipe for fetuccini now and do all the stuff that has go accumulated over the past 1 1/2 weeks.

Halima
07-11-2006, 11:44 PM

Alot of the times I get tired of the net, and I drift off to do other things. I thought I'd never stop coming online but alhamdulilah I did.

:w:

SalafiFemaleJih
07-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Straight in five years my internet never got disconnected alhmadulillah and I guess if it does I will go crazy. I never actually been widout internet more than 24 hours. I know I'm crazy.

Abdullah4ever
07-12-2006, 12:45 AM

I dont know, most likely that wont happen because i have a computer at home and i no the computer passwords at my madrassa (Even the administator :D ) and i have my psp and my Palm One (mini computer thingy) and i have the library which is a walking distance then i have my couzins house which is two houses away.... lol , Alhumdillah allah has blessed with me with so maany internet hook ups but i always use them for quran like when i am at madrassa i go on Li on my Palm ONe and go on li or someother website http://audio.islamicnetwork.com and listen to quran or go on LI

Sweet_Boy
07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
i have had internet for years but since i came back from holiday in january i didnt have it for a long long time too much viruses and faults and a man who kept coming and going he didnt do nout computer technician my backside but its ok know lol i guess but its preety sad without internet

Re.TiReD
07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
:sl: life without the internet....I'M LIVING IT!! :heated: lol i think i deserve a medal or something dont you? :sister: the only thing that keeps me sane is the library! now LIFE WITHOUT LIBRARY would be a nightmare :heated: also if i cant get to the library i can check ma emails from ma fone....but no forums...:heated:

lol thank goodness for mobiles! :sister:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.