/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden warns U.S.

sonz
07-02-2006, 08:48 AM
In a purported audio tape by Osama Bin Laden, the fugitive leader of al-Qaeda, warned Iraq's Shia majority yesterday of retaliation over attacks against the country’s Sunni Arabs, and said that al-Qaeda fighters would battle the United States anywhere in the world.

"We will fight (U.S.) soldiers on the land of Somalia ... and we reserve the right to punish it on its land and anywhere possible," said the speaker on the tape, sounding like Bin Laden.

In the audio message posted Saturday on the Internet, addressing fighters in Somalia and Iraq, Bin Laden called Shia leaders traitors and renegades.

Bin Laden said that the Sunni Arab minority in Iraq was being "annihilated" by U.S. occupation forces with the help of Shia leaders.

"It is not possible that many of (the Shia) violate, alongside America and its allies, (the Sunni cities of) Ramadi, Fallujah, Mosul .... (and) that their areas would be safe from retaliation and harm," he said.

This is Bin Laden’s second Internet broadcast in two days.

In the 19-minute recording, al-Qaeda leader also warned the world community against sending troops to Somalia, where Islamists have fought their way to power in Mogadishu.

"We warn all of the countries in the world not to respond to America by sending international troops to Somalia."

He urged Somalis to back the Council of Islamic Courts movement so as to build an Islamic state in Somalia.

A U.S. intelligence official speaking on condition of anonymity confirmed that the man speaking on the tape was Bin Laden.

"At this point there's no real reason to believe that this tape would not be authentic, given there has not been a false tape attributed to Bin Laden in our experience," the official claimed.

Last month, Council of Islamic Courts, led by Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys, banished secular warlords from the Somali capital, Mogadishu. Aweys is on the U.S. list of people "linked to terrorism" since shortly after the 11 September 2001 attacks, however no evidence has ever proved the U.S. claim.

Bin Laden's message to the Somalis may not be welcomed by Somalia's new lslamist leaders, according to the BBC, for they have been trying hard to convince Washington and African governments that they pose no threat and that they only seek bringing stability to Somalia.

On Friday, another purported Bin Laden tape was released in which he praised Abu Mus’ab Al Zarqawi, the alleged al-Qaeda leader in Iraq recently killed by U.S. forces.

Saturday's broadcast was Bin Laden's fifth in 2006. But al-Qaeda leader didn’t appear in any video images since October 2004.

• Bin Laden tapes are phony

Kevin Barrett, a Ph.D. Islamologist and Arabist, was quoted earlier this yearl, while commenting on one of Bin Laden’s tapes, as affirming that 9/11 and the American President George W. Bush’s so-called "war on terror" have nothing to do with Islam.

“The trouble is, it's all based on a Big Lie. Take the recent "Bin Laden" tape, please! That voice was no more Bin Laden than it was Rodney Dangerfield channeling my late Aunt Corinne from Peoria. I recently helped translate a previously unknown Bin Laden tape, a real one from the early '90s, back when he was still alive. I know the guy's flowery religious rhetoric. The recent tape wasn't him.”

Professor Bruce Lawrence, the top American Bin Laden expert and head of Duke University's religious studies department, shares same opinion. He even suggests that Bin Laden could be dead.

Every supposed Bin Laden audio or video tape since 2001 has been blatantly bogus, Professor Lawrence asserts.

Dr. Barrett says that the last authentic statement that Bin Laden issued was his post-9/11 comments to Pakistani journalists: “I stress that I have not carried out this act, which appears to have been carried out by individuals with their own motivation. … I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. … I had no knowledge of these attacks.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Wahid
07-02-2006, 08:51 AM
"It is not possible that many of (the Shia) violate, alongside America and its allies, (the Sunni cities of) Ramadi, Fallujah, Mosul .... (and) that their areas would be safe from retaliation and harm," he said.
Salaam
that makes sense, if the allegations are true.

Nablus
07-02-2006, 08:54 AM
"We will fight (U.S.) soldiers on the land of Somalia ... and we reserve the right to punish it on its land and anywhere possible," said the speaker on the tape, sounding like Bin Laden.
America dserves more than that

SirZubair
07-02-2006, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
America dserves more than that
Sister,I hope allah swt places Mercy in your heart someday.

wa'salaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
07-02-2006, 11:23 AM
More war?

Let's just sit around and do nothing about it...:(

Fishman
07-02-2006, 11:29 AM
:sl:
Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me...
:w:

Joe98
07-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Bin Laden said that the Sunni (muslim) minority in Iraq was being "annihilated" by U.S. occupation forces with the help of Shia (muslim) leaders.
Why would muslims support the U.S. against other muslims?

yoke
07-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Does anybody here agree with suicide bombers?

AvarAllahNoor
07-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I thought muslims cared about other muslims, so why you encouraging Shia against Sunni???

Trumble
07-02-2006, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I thought muslims cared about other muslims, so why you encouraging Shia against Sunni???

Introduce a link to the Americans and logic and common sense gets thrown to the wind, I'm afraid. I'm still puzzled how anybody, bar Bin Laden himself perhaps, can equate blowing up innocent shoppers in Iraqi markets as "battling the Americans anywhere in the world". They don't even try any more, Iraqi police and civilians are much easier targets for the "heroic mujahadeen".

For the first, and probably only, time I think OBL may point about Somalia, though. I can't see any sort of outside intervention doing more good than harm at this point, although any such is far more likely to come from the Ethiopians (with very much their own agenda) than the Americans.

Bittersteel
07-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I agree with Trumble,its pathetic.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-02-2006, 05:09 PM
instead of making all these threats i think it wud b betta to try establish a caliphah, ie giv dawa to the masses of muslims to join together and unite against the enemy (Israelli zionists etc). What can such a small force do anyway and i wonder what there justice is like...

:peace: :salamext:

Woodrow
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Either all of this killing and bombing is the work of a totaly psychotic mentality or somebody, some place is seeing his/her agenda being fulfilled and the world is doing the bidding of an egotistical arrogant dictator to be.

Somebody, someplace is gaining from the terrorist bombings. The question that needs be be answered is just who is the winner in Iraq? Somebody is winning and the suicide bombers are playing into that persons wishes.

We can all see who are the loosers, what we do not know is who is it that wants the bombings to continue. What will be the final out come if the bombings do not cease?

No, I do not know the answer. I do suspect tho that it is actually some person, or organization, that is slippery enough to maintain anonymonity and is not an openly public figure. None of the publicaly identified figures have either the mentality, intelligence or backing to have been able to keep this unwanted slaughter going.

Somebody wants the Iraqis to kill themselves off, and they are doing just that, in the belief they are liberating their own people.

Ninth_Scribe
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
More war?

Let's just sit around and do nothing about it...:(
I'm on it... but the break-down in communication is making this harder than it has to be and certain of the 'leaders' (and I use the term loosely) are fanning the flames. None of them are willing to walk away, unless it's with someone else's head... which is why I asked for round the table amnesties. Maliki did go for the idea, but he distorted it. How can you give amnesty to the innocent? So I don't blame bin Laden or the Mujahedeen for ignoring the offer. No one wants to negotiate with the people they need to negotiate with, so the war will just burn onward until no one has any lands left to argue over. It isn't exactly how I want this, but I hardly have the authority to order them all to the table, where this belongs. Likewise, you don't have that authority, so it isn't like you're just sitting around doing nothing about it. For the time being, the matter is out of our hands.

At least for me, the ideas I came up with weren't good enough to be taken seriously.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
07-02-2006, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
instead of making all these threats i think it wud b betta to try establish a caliphah, ie giv dawa to the masses of muslims to join together and unite against the enemy (Israelli zionists etc). What can such a small force do anyway and i wonder what there justice is like...

:peace: :salamext:
Perhaps, but that will just mean... more war. Why not establish lands for everyone? Let the Jews have Judea, let the Palestinians have the land of the ten tribes and half of Jerusalem, let bin Laden's people have Somalia and so on.

As things stand right now, there is so much blood on all the existing maps I can't even read what the names of the lands are anymore. Maybe we should draw up some new ones?

Ninth Scribe

Panatella
07-02-2006, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Perhaps, but that will just mean... more war. Why not establish lands for everyone? Let the Jews have Judea, let the Palestinians have the land of the ten tribes and half of Jerusalem, let bin Laden's people have Somalia and so on.

As things stand right now, there is so much blood on all the existing maps I can't even read what the names of the lands are anymore. Maybe we should draw up new ones?

Ninth Scribe
This works great in theory, but in reality it does not. People will never be happy with the chunk they got.
Put two kids in a sandbox and surround them with toys, they will fight over one small plastic shovel.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe

As things stand right now, there is so much blood on all the existing maps I can't even read what the names of the lands are anymore. Maybe we should draw up some new ones?

Ninth Scribe
I actually think panatella sed it, it'll never work. One sides gotta go down, and i see that as the only way to achieve any form of peace, for one side to go down! peace after the calamity...

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.