/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Hijaab

bro_faz
05-22-2005, 11:54 AM
This is not my saying, it has been copied from one of those chain e-mails lolzzzz tru say i aint lying

It has been my personal observation that some Muslim girls and women do not realise the significance of hijab. Hijab is Arabic for protection and cover. Some people put a lot of effort into their hijab, yet it serves no purpose. I am referring to the pointless hijab that some girls wear.

The first pointless hijab is referred to as the headband hijab. It is a band of fabric approximately 4 inches wide. It covers the back of the head and allows all the hair to be exposed. It doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but at least it comes in handy in case of an unexpected tennis match!

The second pointless hijab is the dupatta, also known as the Saran wrap hijab. It covers all the hair, but it is totally transparent. Again it doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but it keeps the hair nice and fresh!

The third type of hijab is known as the Micky Mouse Hijab. It is when a girl wears a black scarf and tucks it behind her ear, so that her ears stick out!

We now move on to my favourites - the yo-yo hijabs:
The first yo-yo hijab is the scarf that keeps falling down and needs to be constantly pulled back up.... up, down, up, down, just like a yo-yo!

The second yo-yo hijab is also referred to as the convertibe hijab. This type of hijab is predominant at any type of social event, i.e. an Aqeeqah, Bismillah party, Ameen party, wedding, etc. This is when an Imam or Qari comes up to the microphone and starts to recite Qur'an. At this point, all the convertible hijabs come up... until he says "SadaqAllahu Atheem." I'm not sure, but apparently in some cultures that translates to "OK sisters, you may take off your scarves."

I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when people do not anticipate the recitation of Qur'an at a social event, and are forced to be creative and use accessories such as a purse to cover one's hair. I was surprized to see a woman hold her purse over her head as "hijab"... as if the multitudes of men surrounding her are not a good enough reason to wear hijab, but some guy reciting du'a compels her to hold a purse over her head. Her friends were more creative... one friend used her dinner napkin. I was also laughing when i saw the communal hijab- two or more girls dropped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of Qur'an. Her other friend was still more creative. She used her coffee saucer on the back of her head. I wasn't sure of it was hijab or Yamaka. I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew. I felt like going up to her and saying "Shalom alaikum, sister."

And, people should remember that hijab is not just a protection from guys, but from a girls' nafs (ego) as well. It should prevent girls from having to spend hours in front of the mirror doing her hair. But, unfortunately, you see girls in front of the mirror for hours doing their hijab as they would do their hair, with all sorts of elaborate braids and the like. I wanted to go up to a sister and say "Is your hijab naturally curly?" I also felt compelled to go up to another girl and say "Pardon me, but is your hijab naturally that colour, or did you dye it"?

Well the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its purpose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it. Hijab is used for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self.

who agrees?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
h1jabi_sista
05-22-2005, 12:24 PM
:sl:

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

it was very funny mashallah but under the humour it has a serious message!

hijab isnt a partime thing, its like 'just because im going somewhere islamic i better whip out my hijab so that i fit in'......

its totally not like that, its a part of you, its like going out without your shoes!!

i love my hijab! Threads like this open up the ture nature of the hijab. ''A MODEST COVERING'' , but this thread is true, and it IS, unfortunatly what happens. Somebody posted a thread 'hijab and handbags'? and subhanallah its ture but so sad because some hijabeez have lost the true meaning of hijab.

it lies somewhere under the make-up, the bags, and the fashion accessories.....
it makes me feel so sad becuase they are two things in the whole world that dont fit hand in glove......

allah knows best

:w:

bro_faz
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bro_faz
I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when people do not anticipate the recitation of Qur'an at a social event, and are forced to be creative and use accessories such as a purse to cover one's hair. I was surprized to see a woman hold her purse over her head as "hijab"... as if the multitudes of men surrounding her are not a good enough reason to wear hijab, but some guy reciting du'a compels her to hold a purse over her head. Her friends were more creative... one friend used her dinner napkin. I was also laughing when i saw the communal hijab- two or more girls dropped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of Qur'an. Her other friend was still more creative. She used her coffee saucer on the back of her head. I wasn't sure of it was hijab or Yamaka. I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew. I felt like going up to her and saying "Shalom alaikum, sister."

who agrees?
gotta be the best one lol

Bint Abdusattar
05-22-2005, 06:05 PM

Totally agree with you - it is humerous yet seriously true - something has to be done about this as it all stems from a severe lack of ilm.

This list of 'hijabs' was given to us by our teacher during our tafseer class and we all laughed at it and then made serious dua for their guidance and for increase in our ability to increase awareness of importance of hijab.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h1jabi_sista
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
The thing i find most weird or disturbing is that there IS a list of hijabs.
there really shouldnt be.........

:sister:

bro_faz
05-22-2005, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
The thing i find most weird or disturbing is that there IS a list of hijabs.
there really shouldnt be.........

:sister:

i like totally agree with you there

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

ishkabab
09-24-2005, 11:26 PM
:sl: :brother: 's n :sister: 's

It has been my personal observation that some Muslim girls
and women do not realize the significance of hijab. :omg: :confused:

Hijab is arabic for protection and cover. Some people put a lot effort into their
hijab, yet it serves no purpose. I am referring to the pointless hijab that some girls wear:

The first pointless hijab is referred to as the headband
hijab. It is a band of fabric approximately 4 inches wide. It covers the
back of the head and allows all the hair to be exposed. It doesn't serve
much in terms of modesty, but at least it comes in handy in case of an
unexpected tennis match.

The second pointless hijab is the dupetta, also known as
the Saran wrap hijab. It covers all the hair, but it is totally transparent.
Again it doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but it keeps the hair nice and fresh.

The third type of hijab is known as the Mickey Mouse Hijab.
It is when a girl wears a black scarf and tucks it behind her ear, so
her ears stick out.

We now move to my favorites:

The yo-yo hijabs. The first yo-yo hijab, also known as the Benazir Bhutto hijab, is the scarf that keeps falling down and needs to be
constantly pulled back up....up, down, up, down, just like a yo-yo.

The second yo-yo hijab is also referred to as the convertible hijab. This type of hijab is predominant at any type of social event, i.e. an Aqeeqah, Bismillah party, Ameen party, wedding, etc.
This is when an Imam or Qari comes up to the microphone and starts to recite Qur'an.
At this point, all the convertible hijabs come up...until he says
"Sadaqallahul atheem". I'm not sure, but apparently in some cultures that
translates to "ok sisters, you may now take off your scarves".
I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when
people do not anticipate the recitation of Qur'an at a social event, and are
forced to be creative and use accessories such as a purse to cover one's
hair. I was surprised to see a women hold her purse over her head as
"hijab"..as if the multitudes of men surrounding her are not a good
enough
reason to wear hijab, but some guy reciting du'a compels her to hold a
purse over her head. Her friends were more creative...one friend used her
dinner napkin. I was also laughing when I saw the communal hijab -- two or
more girls draped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of Qur'ann.
Her other friend was still more creative. She used her coffee saucer on
the back of her head. I wasn't sure if it was hijab or a Yarmulka.
I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew.
And, people should remember that hijab is not just a
protection from guys, but from a girl's nafs (ego) as well. It should
prevent girls from having to spend hours in front of the mirror doing
her hair. But, unfortunately, you see girls in front of the mirror for
hours doing their hijab as they would do their hair, with all sorts of elaborate
braids and the like. I wanted to go up to a sister and say "Is your hijab
naturally curly?".
Well, the point to remember is that some people make an
effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling
it's purpose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it. Hijab is used
for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not
be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self.
Anyway, that's it. If anyone disagrees with me or is
offended, then you are disagreeing with the teachings of Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

mary
09-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Salam,
iv read this some where b4 sis, mashallah gud post
Wasalam

Zuko
09-24-2005, 11:39 PM
loool I love that.....

Protected_Diamond
09-25-2005, 09:42 AM
lol ;D mickey mouse hijab..unfortunaltley most of the sisters where this kind of hijab round our area :p

Ameeratul Layl
09-25-2005, 09:48 AM

I was sent an e-mail like that.

Its true though.....hijab should be a cover not a fashion icon.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

ishkabab
09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
walaikum salaam...assalamu alaikum
funny isnt it.....dunno why some people dont understand these days the value of covering our sater(mandatory parts needed to be covered in Islam)....

ummbilal
09-25-2005, 11:31 PM
She used her coffee saucer on
the back of her head. I wasn't sure if it was hijab or a Yarmulka.
I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew.

mashallah its funny everytime i read it,

sis you should give credit to your source as others have said its on the net else where.

Malaikah
09-26-2005, 12:04 PM
i guess the sad thing is that is is so true.. but just to disagree on one point, a sister is allowed to look 'nice' even if she wears hijab? true? please let me know if i am mistaken

minaz
09-26-2005, 02:52 PM
as long as she looks respectable and modest then I havn't got a problem

Muezzin
09-26-2005, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
i guess the sad thing is that is is so true.. but just to disagree on one point, a sister is allowed to look 'nice' even if she wears hijab? true? please let me know if i am mistaken
I don't have a clue why women are so obsessed about their appearance. Most men couldn't really give a rodent's bottom :p

Funny first post :)

minaz
09-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Most men couldn't really give a rodent's bottom
I always thought you were born like that?!? :p

Muezzin
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
It's a mask dammit! It's stuck! :p

Malaikah
09-27-2005, 09:29 AM
thats right sister!

Muezzin
09-27-2005, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
assalamu alaikum
hey its obligatory....so if ur a muslim u now whatcha gotta do!!!!!
its no like wearin a mask anyways...u should ask da girls who wear it....duh...oh if they tell u its like a mask then i gotta say i wear it n i get respected more than the naked ladies walkin out there!!!!
Just to clarify; I wasn't calling the hijab a mask, I was lightheartedly responding to Minaz's remark and thus implying that my own face is a mask :)

ishkabab
09-27-2005, 04:09 PM
lol...ok then

SalafiFemaleJih
09-27-2005, 04:11 PM
HijaB...hmm....

muha0154
09-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum.

Very, very funny post, most of all because it's also very true. Salaam.

Muhammad

Concealed Pearl
09-28-2005, 11:27 PM
whats even more frustrating is seeing sisters wearing hijab covering thier head, but wearing obscene clothing on the bottom....ugh...cant stand girls like that. even worse was when my teacher asked me: why do girls cover their hair but not the rest of thier body like u do? it's contradicting eachother! I was like oh man, what a bad name these girls are giving us. may allah grant us all the hidayat to wear the hijab PROPERLY and fulfill all of its requirements. Ameen

ishkabab
09-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Ameen sister...Ameen!!!!

Sahabiyaat
09-29-2005, 07:43 AM
lol
i was just gnna say that .....
u get girls in my college with scarves tightly wrapped around their heads and necks wearing lil tee shirts and lil jeans ..................???
it just makes u laugh in their face

ishkabab
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
lol......i guess they think they look cool tryin to be lookin like dat...

Concealed Pearl
09-29-2005, 05:59 PM
i dunno man, i dunno, but i DO know one thing, someone needs to sit down with them and ask them Y they were hijab, and what is the PURPOSE of it..this MAY help them to get a proper understanding of the hijab and its requirements

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh..

Masha'Allah it's a great article!

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

ishkabab
09-29-2005, 07:16 PM
listen sisters 1 thing is if u see a fault in some1 we cannot think that telling rite away will change them at once ....we can tell them a few times again n again so da the person does not feel pressured or they might just stop wearin hijab rite?!

Sahabiyaat
09-30-2005, 12:37 PM
yes
but i dnt think u shud stop giving advice simply because they wnt like it

samiral
09-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Great post. :-)

I agree in general with this post, but just a remark : one of the most important thing in Islam is the intention, we can observe people (of course) but nobody, except Allah ta'ala, can observe the intentions.

Ya Rabbana ihdina !

Qu'Allah nous guide, nous aide à réaliser les oeuvres qu'Il agrée et fasse de nous tous des pieux. Amin.

Salamoualeykoum wa rahmatulah wa barakatuh,

I'm proud to belong to the Moslem community :-)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-27-2005, 08:33 PM

Threads Merged.

safwana
11-27-2005, 09:03 PM

dats an excelent post.i guess we jst ave 2 mke dua 4 those ppl who where dat kind of hijab.

i must say my hijab is a part of me i dnt think id b able 2 live wid ot it?!?

sapphire
11-27-2005, 09:27 PM
i recieved that in an email long ago...but still funny to read it again....just so funny the way the hijaabs have been described...no offence to people...i always see people like that in weddings....and they stare at us niqabis and pull out a hadith from their pocket which goes "women can expose them selves in weddings 2...yeah rite....i mite just end up laughing at that made up hadith...(note:IT IS A MADE UP HADITH AND IT DOES NOT EXSIST!!!)

SalafiFemaleJih
11-27-2005, 10:23 PM
hmmm
yeah life widout hijab/jilbab/niqaab N not forget ghetto hoody is useless :D

Waslamualaikum wr wb : )

mahdisoldier19
11-28-2005, 12:42 AM
salam

I agree as well :brother:

pious_hijabi
12-04-2005, 03:17 AM
I think we should try and give advise to those sisters instead of laughing.

Halima
12-04-2005, 04:25 AM
:sl: Members, please becareful what you post on a very sensative topic like this, because you might think it is hilarious or funny, other members can be offended. To them this is a very serious topic that is far away from being made fun of until otherwise. Especially the sisters! Instead of making jokes or trying to find humor instead you should try to advice the sisters, which can help to benefit them in the future. So in that case you will be very much appreciated here in this environment.:w:

Jazakhallah Khairun.

julie sarri
02-28-2006, 01:06 PM
:sl: you can look nice in your hijab. But as for some women they realy dont understand how to wear their hijab thay should go back and look at what the quran says frist its away of life not a fashion statement:w:

aakhirah
02-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Let's make this clear: the Hijaab is not there so that Muslimaat can look nice, rather it's there to conceal the beauty. So a muslimah who wears it to look nice in (for other men to see) is definitely wearing it for the wrong reason. Obviously, if it's among fellow sisters or mahaarim then there's no problem in that.

And, the niqaab's obviously the real solution, but I don't wish to start that debate here!

A.

Concealed Pearl
03-04-2006, 06:55 PM
very true brother..nicely said

The Ruler
03-04-2006, 10:37 PM
i totally agree....cuz i v seen a lot o ppl doin dose kinda fings...;D

n lolzz it was a really gd read....i actually read all of it....usually on long posts i skim read it....but not dis 1...:giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.