/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is beauty skin deep?

afriend
07-02-2006, 03:39 PM
O children of Adam! We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame, and [clothing] for beauty and clothing that guards [against evil], that is the best. This is of the communications of Allah that they may be mindful” (Qur’an, 7:26).

There are crèmes, special soaps, chemical formulas, natural formulas, lotions and gels for the hair, the skin and even the feet. If a person exhibits skin or hair problems that are severe enough they may even get a prescription lotion from their doctor. However, the mass marketing of these cover-up tools may be damaging to the health and may just be masking larger problems. Despite the popular phrases “beauty is only skin deep” or “Don’t judge a book by its cover”, the outside of the body is, in many ways, a reflection of the inside of the body.

Read the whole article here:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/S...rticle12.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-02-2006, 03:42 PM
:salamext:

lol mashALlah this part cracked me up:
the faucet supplies endless free beauty supply

^^ LOL ;D ;D

:wasalamex

afriend
07-02-2006, 04:10 PM
LOL

I think I found a solution to my hair problems :thumbs_up JazakAllah to myself for getting that article, and JazakAllah to someone else who I got that article cos of :)

Bittersteel
07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Is beauty skin deep?
hell yeah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Panatella
07-02-2006, 09:08 PM
For most people, of course it is. Yes, there are a few people that are completely willing to ignore what a person's appearance is, and look at the 'person'. And if any of you are this way, I truly commend you, as most are not.
Many people claim that they don't have this shallow view of beauty. Let's face it though, if someone says they have the perfect person for you to meet (and consider marriage or whatnot), and upon meeting them your opinion is that they have a face like a tin of squashed worms, you are not going to be very interested.
It is natural. Subconsciously (or consciously) people are looking for a suiter to raise healthy children with. Our thinking associates pleasant looks with health, and children will do better if they are pleasant looking.

Woodrow
07-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Is beauty skin deep?

Not even that deep. A heavy rain can usually wash it off.

afriend
07-02-2006, 10:20 PM
LOL^ Really?

Well, as the verse states...We should try and make ourselves neat and presentable and as well as beautified :)

Woodrow
07-02-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
LOL^ Really?

Well, as the verse states...We should try and make ourselves neat and presentable and as well as beautified :)
But, shouldn't the beauty be true beauty and not the false mask modern society calls beauty?

afriend
07-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Very true...Anybody heard Dawud wharnsby's nasheed about the hijaab? Mash'Allah it has a great message :thumbs_up

IbnAbdulHakim
07-02-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
But, shouldn't the beauty be true beauty and not the false mask modern society calls beauty?
beauty is the noor which rare people possess <--- this is only my opinion

PS: U gotta be CLEEEAAAN to possess the noor!

afriend
07-02-2006, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
beauty is the noor which rare people possess <--- this is only my opinion

PS: U gotta be CLEEEAAAN to possess the noor!

No doubt about it akhi! Cleanliness can also protect you from doing other bad deeds.....I'm speaking from experience ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.