/* */

PDA

View Full Version : feelings while in Makkah & Madina

mano_the_cat
07-02-2006, 10:28 PM
salam to all

i just wanted to know how you all felt/feel when you are in the holy cities ... what kind of feeling & thoughts you have while you stay there.

thanks ..hope you share your experiences :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mano_the_cat
07-02-2006, 10:32 PM
may you have the previledge of going there soon ..amen

IbnAbdulHakim
07-02-2006, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Never had the chance to go yet :-\

Insha'Allah soon :)
Ameen and same here!

:salamext:

mano_the_cat
07-02-2006, 10:41 PM
yes .... may Allah bless everyone

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
07-02-2006, 11:28 PM
At the present time it appears that my health will prevent me from ever fulfilling that dream.

Hopefully those that have made the Hajj will post here so that I may expeience it, if only second hand.

jzcasejz
07-02-2006, 11:32 PM
:sl:

It's such a peaceful feelin'.....even though you may have had worries before...once you go there...your heart is truely at peace...A PRICELESS FEELING!

InshaAllah some day all my brothers and sisters will have the privilege to go there and experience it for themselves :brother:

BlissfullyJaded
07-03-2006, 04:17 AM
:sl:

Yep, I agree, you truly feel at peace. Even though Makkah is vibrant and you're in awe of the Masjid al Haram, you still feel a sense of tranquility while there. :wub:

InshaAllah some day all my brothers and sisters will have the privilege to go there and experience it for themselves
Ameen.

F.Y.
07-03-2006, 06:43 AM
I felt wonderful - like I was standing in the place the Prophet saw must have stood and the places they walked around. And going to places such as uhud were boggling coz you can see the place where the mujahideen left their posts against the order of the Prophet and its like you are reliving history. Its like 'blast from the past'. You feel at peace, like you're finally....home.
And I was seriously on a high. I was so excited and happy. And you feel cleansed coz you cry so much - like you cant believe it. You feel tiny in front of the Kabaa, coz its huge.
Its quite indescribable - you have to go there to see. Inshallah you will all get the chance.
Peace to all.

Isaac
07-03-2006, 06:54 AM
salam. It was the most amazing journey i have ever made. Makkah was so busy and so like subhanallah and madinah just felt so peacfull. Alhamdulliah i had the privalge to stay there for about 8 weeks and, the day i got back home and went to the mosuqe, i felt so weirdrd, as everything was so different. and sister FYyou said it perfectly, its the only time you could let your imaginations go where ever you want. you could just imagine how and where muhammed pbuh would have gone, and all that kind of stuff. i just pary allah allows me and evry single muslim to make hajj and feel like they are starting a new life.

mano_the_cat
07-03-2006, 07:19 AM
well, what i personally feel when i visit both holy places is ... dfinately awe & tranquility but somehow in Masjid al-haraam there is a feeling of granduer, a presence which is so powerful that it makes me feel that Allah is just there ... somehow i feel quite scared from the inside ... somehow there is a very very strong feeling of guilt & shame. its deifinaltly my sins & most of all the granduer & the greatness of Allah that can be felt beyond any doubt.
on the other hand, madina is so feaceful & calm that it is beyond doubt. definatly the friendliness & love of the Prophet(pbuh) can be felt in the air.
as i visit saudi arbia vey frequently i have had the previledge of going for umrahs & have done so many that i have lost count of them. but the thing i feel that im missing the most is the hajj ... i pray to Allah that i be able to perfrom hajj as soon as possible.

Nawal89
07-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I felt overwhelmed, almost like i didnt have enough air when i saw the ka'bah...I think i almost fainted. But then i caught myself quite quickly lol.I think it was because of the size and all the people, and the fact that it was such holy place...Built by Ibrahim alayhissalam, and the Prophet himself made tawaf around it... Imagine little me by the ka'bah! MashaAllah it was a beautiful experience.

mano_the_cat
07-03-2006, 06:38 PM
oh wow another mano(cat) .... hi freakcat ...
wow wow .... its snoopy as well ...great company

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.