/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be righteous..

- Qatada -
07-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Be Righteous

O servants of Allaah, work righteousness. Indeed the scales shall be filled on that Great Day.

O servants of Allaah, speak little. Indeed there is nothing that topples people on their faces like the tongue.

Read up on the lives of the Sahaabah and see how they implemented the command of Allaah:

فَاسْتَبِقُواْ الْخَيْرَاتِ
"So hasten to all that is good..."
[al-Baqarah: 148]

They were not a people of kalaam, idle talk or procrastination. They were the Saabiqoon al-Awwaloon (first and foremost), never letting a chance slip by wherein they can ascend an extra rank in Paradise.

They learnt from the best, they learnt from Rasoolullaah (:saw:)

You would see them humbled in worship or engaged in righteous deeds, upon a pure heart. Other times you would see them secluded, supplicating and glorifying their Lord, emersed in His Remembrance.

Too much speech often leads to more harm than good, Too much unbeneficial talk can lead to regret and destruction.

ما يَلْفِظُ مِن قَوْلٍ إِلَّا لَدَيْهِ رَقِيبٌ عَتِيدٌ
"Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record)"
[Qaaf: 18]

Once a sahaabi came to the Messenger (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) and asked, "What is the thing that you fear for me most?"
The Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) took hold of his tongue and said, "This." [Sahih, at-Tirmidhee]

We know, brothers and sisters that there is not a single part of our body except that it complains to Allaah about the tongue - every day over which the sun rises, a complaint is filed against the tongue!

The Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said that, "Most of the sins of the Children of Adam are from his tongue." [Sahih, at-Tabaraani]

To overpower your tongue is to protect yourself from the sins commonly committed by Bani Adam.
To persist and be busy in performing the khairaat (righteous deeds) can only aid in preparing you for a Day that turns a child grey-haired and a woman miscarry. Never lose focus of that Day.

Servants of Allaah, safeguard your tongue and preserve your good deeds.

Waffaqanallaahu wa iyyaakum

-

Asalamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim_friend
07-03-2006, 05:11 PM
:sl:

JazakAllah.. it's scary that a pink lump of flesh can take one, either to jannah or jahannam..

IbnAbdulHakim
07-03-2006, 06:10 PM
bro can u make the font a bit bigger inshaAllah, jazakAllah khair :)

:salamext:

------
07-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Jazakallah Khairun akhee a really good post Masha'Allah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah_here
07-04-2006, 01:22 PM
:sl:
IT so true especially muslim women tend to backbite so much, I know many of my relatives who do the same but they dont stop doing it even if u tell instead they bite ur head off so i just dont reply to them, but feel really annoyed when I hear women gossiping i dont undertsand why muslims dont understand how they r ruining their deeds by misusing thier tongue.

may ALLAH guide us all. ameen.

FI AMANALLAH.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.